Author Topic: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL  (Read 209402 times)

cuc

• Probably won't respond 'til this mess is sorted o?
Re: ZUN announces PS4 version of Touhou 14.5 ULiL
« Reply #330 on: December 06, 2016, 02:41:40 PM »
Ah, two days until Dec 8.

Tasofro said they are working on the 1.40 patch for the PC version.

Exophase, a website that always gets PSN trophy info the earliest, now have the ULiL trophy list. It seems against the unstoppable force that is Sony's trophy policy, ZUN's distaste for achievements is not an immovable object.

Only three of the trophies are silver; the rest are bronze.

Translation:

Done Reading the Manual
Beat all tutorials.

Inquiring Mind
Spend a little time playing with Practice Mode.

From Now On Even You Could Be Normal!!
Beat Arcade Mode on Easy.

Made Up My Mind to Go Hard
Beat Arcade Mode on Normal.

Lunatic Beckons
Beat Arcade Mode on Hard.

OVER DRIVE!!
Beat Arcade Mode on Lunatic.

A Supernova Falls (Silver)
Vanquish EX Mokou.

Surpasser of the High School Girls (Silver)
Vanquish EX Sumireko.

Urban Legends Drawing Near
Beat Reimu's Story Mode.

Insert a Coin
Use a continue.

From Now On Even You Could Be a High School Girl!!
Unlock Sumireko for Vs. Mode.

So Long, Occult Balls
Beat all Story Modes.

to be continue
Beat Extra Mode.

An Urban Legend Manifests
K.O. the opponent with a seven-Ball Weird Last Word.

Flawless Victory
Achieve a Perfect Win.

Die with Bombs
Fail to use a spell card after declaration.

I'm Not Handing This to You!!
Become the sole owner of all Occult Balls.

Pichuun!! (Silver)
Achieve 10000 combo damage.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:41:14 PM by cuc »
Touhou Fantasy News: twitter

Shadowlupus

• Crimson Blade Hidden Amidst the Darkness
« Reply #331 on: December 06, 2016, 03:06:52 PM »
So judging from the achievements, Reisen and the extra story seem to be the only new things added for the PS4 version.

I wonder if Ex Mokou and Ex Sumireko are them powered-up or just in the extra story as a final boss(?)

EDIT: Beat all tutorials? Does this mean the tutorial is added? unless it is the same one from Reimu's prologue of course.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 03:08:39 PM by Kageshirou »

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #332 on: December 06, 2016, 03:15:18 PM »

Lunatic Beckons
Beat Arcade Mode on Hard.

OVER DRIVE!!
Beat Arcade Mode on Lunatic.

Oh look, Miko > Byakuren once again.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #333 on: December 06, 2016, 11:36:35 PM »
Oh look, Miko > Byakuren once again.

That is the truth! Foolish Buddhists will NEVER comprehend the glory of the Tao!
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

TenPlates

• Trying Not To Miss One Plate!
  • Still In Practice!
« Reply #334 on: December 06, 2016, 11:52:58 PM »
That is the truth! Foolish Buddhists will NEVER comprehend the glory of the Tao!

Of course they don't! Thou know a lot, my friend.
"Having a normal life in Gensokyo."

cuc

« Reply #335 on: December 07, 2016, 12:08:51 PM »
The good thing with retail games is you get early spoilers. An archived stream is already on Youtube.

Reisen's new spell cards:
Spoiler:
「月面跳弾(ルナティックダブル)」
"Moon Surface Ricochet (Lunatic Double)"

「地上跳弾(ルナティックエコー)」
"Earth Surface Ricochet (Lunatic Echo)"

The game probably implements PS4's spoiler block function to prevent certain parts from being broadcast.

Spoiler:
Arcade mode has a new Over Drive difficulty.

The Eientei stage is not much to write home about.

Reisen's gun transforms easily, including into a shotgun form. She sprays bullets with two guns in "Moon Surface Ricochet".

Reisen defeated.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 01:42:31 AM by cuc »

« Reply #336 on: December 07, 2016, 08:30:55 PM »
SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO whats da story?
My old avatars: Old ass turtle, Unzan - Second and Current Avatar by the talented Aoshi-shi

TenPlates

• Still In Practice!
« Reply #337 on: December 08, 2016, 01:58:48 AM »
Spoiler:
The Eientei stage is not much to write about

Spoiler:
Pretty sure that stage it's gonna be like the Outside World stage, always moving.

And about the story... I got three guesses.

Spoiler:
1- Something about the Lunar Capital invasion incident or about the moon in general
Spoiler:
2- Something about the urban legend incident, like always.
Spoiler:
3- Something that will give backstory to a new touhou game, like how this game did with LoLK

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #338 on: December 08, 2016, 04:02:57 AM »
Spoiler:
Pretty sure that stage it's gonna be like the Outside World stage, always moving.

Spoiler:
Sadly, not. It is just a static background.

cuc

« Reply #339 on: December 08, 2016, 06:51:39 AM »
The game was released on PS Store around 10:30 AM JST, and received a Day One 1.01 patch around 13AM JST.

Unabara tweeted a secret code for PC version players who want to play Extra Mode immediately:

Press the Options button 128 times at the title screen to unlock characters and Extra Mode.

UPDATE:
EX Mokou and EX Sumireko are meant to be EX characters in the Guilty Gear sense.
Spoiler:
They are bosses of Arcade Mode's Over Drive difficulty, with very high stats but no new abilities.

The Extra Mode is graphically splashy, with several new boss spell cards, but you are not missing out on the story if you know nothing about it. It simply
Spoiler:
sets up a new unexplained incident for what likely will be Touhou 16, using existing characters.

In other words, whatever central conceit introduced in Extra Mode will definitely be repeated in other places. The rest are interesting and subtle details.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 03:35:18 PM by cuc »

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
« Reply #340 on: December 08, 2016, 04:30:54 PM »
So the mini OST has the following tracks:
Spoiler:
1. 狂気の瞳 ~ Invisible Full Moon (BeatMario)
2. ネオ竹林インフレイム
3. 億万劫の鐘      
4. オカルトアトラクト // Occult Attract
5. 境界フォークロア
6. アンノウンX ~ Occultly Madness (ZUN) // Unknown X ~ Occultly Madness
7. 相貌の狂い ~ Horrible Night (U2 & ZUN)

Here is a stream of the extra stage. All the above mentioned tracks appear in it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 04:54:12 PM by Quwanti »

Plubio

• 宇宙少年
    • Suzunaan
« Reply #341 on: December 08, 2016, 05:43:41 PM »
Spoiler:
1. 狂気の瞳 ~ Invisible Full Moon (BeatMario)
2. ネオ竹林インフレイム
3. 億万劫の鐘      
4. オカルトアトラクト // Occult Attract
5. 境界フォークロア
6. アンノウンX ~ Occultly Madness (ZUN) // Unknown X ~ Occultly Madness
7. 相貌の狂い ~ Horrible Night (U2 & ZUN)

So, something like:

Spoiler:
1. Lunatic Eyes ~ Invisible Full Moon
2. Neo Bamboo Forest in Flames
3. Million of Kalpa Bell
4. Occult Attract
5. Boundary Folclore
6. Unknown X ~ Occultly Madness
7. Looks Confusion ~ Horrible Night

Or so.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #342 on: December 08, 2016, 06:57:06 PM »
Oh man that Ninja Slayer reference.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #343 on: December 08, 2016, 07:46:27 PM »
Unabara tweeted a secret code for PC version players who want to play Extra Mode immediately:

Press the Options button 128 times at the title screen to unlock characters and Extra Mode.
So... enter the config menu and back out 128 times? There's no new update, so has this secretly been there for months or something? <.< I'm not sure I understand.

The extra stage is... definitely something though XD And it's nice to hear that soft-confirming in some form or another (even if I don't get it) that PC is getting extra+reisen.

edit:Maybe he just means once 1.4 is out, you can use this without beating story mode to get them immediately... that'd make more sense, now that I think about it.
« Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 07:50:51 PM by Serela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #344 on: December 08, 2016, 08:10:03 PM »
So... enter the config menu and back out 128 times? There's no new update, so has this secretly been there for months or something? <.< I'm not sure I understand.

The extra stage is... definitely something though XD And it's nice to hear that soft-confirming in some form or another (even if I don't get it) that PC is getting extra+reisen.

edit:Maybe he just means once 1.4 is out, you can use this without beating story mode to get them immediately... that'd make more sense, now that I think about it.
on the ps4 one of the buttons is called options so if you dont want to replay the story you can press it 128 times to unlock the new content.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
« Reply #345 on: December 08, 2016, 08:30:18 PM »

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
« Reply #346 on: December 08, 2016, 10:49:29 PM »
Oh wow, extra stage is indeed pretty flashy. I have to admit I actually went "ooooh" on some of these spellcards. Can't wait for 1.40 !

Also, could a nice person make a gif out of Reisen scratching herself ? It's kinda cute...

TenPlates

• Still In Practice!
« Reply #347 on: December 08, 2016, 10:53:15 PM »
Extra Mode video

I... Don't really know what is happening... But it look interesting.

Spoiler:
Why did all of the spell cards had a blue and red shield? What happened to Reimu? Why is the moon red? So many questions...

« Reply #348 on: December 09, 2016, 03:05:32 AM »
Summary of dialogue for anyone interested.

Stage 1:
Spoiler:
Reimu shows up to investigate rumors of the kune-kune appearing in the forest. She says she's been keeping an eye out to make sure nobody misuses the urban legends (...but really she's just kind of peeved that the incident hasn't ended yet and she can't do anything about it.) She heard that the Lunarians were the cause of the incident, so she accuses Reisen and co., which leads to a fight. Reisen reassures her that trouble in the Lunar Capital was the cause of the incident, and that it's already out of their hands.

Stage 2:
Spoiler:
Byakuren shows up, having investigated the continuing incident. She's noticed that only legends with concrete details will take physical form, that a given person can only control a legend that matches their temperament, and that the phenomenon is strongest when the moon is full (particularly the most recent full moon). She suspects that Eientei's involved; they fight. Reisen reassures her that Eientei is neutral on the matter, and in fact were the ones responsible for defanging the incident; it's been 'changed into something safe' and will end soon on its own. Byakuren's like 'well then I better get my motorbiking on while I still can' and vrooms on outta there.

*note:
Spoiler:
I'm taking Byakuren's description and Reisen's comments about 'defanging' to mean that dangerous phenomena like the Apollo hoax no longer have a chance of manifesting? altho I could always be wrong abt that

Stage 3:
Spoiler:
Reisen speculates that the kune-kune rumor was started by someone who saw her white ears in the forest, and confused them for the creature in the urban legend. She's surprised that Sagume's power even affects rumors that spread unintentionally like that. Miko shows up (using hermit arts to nullify Kaguya's endless-corridor spell), they fight, and Reisen reassures her that the incident has been defanged and there's no need to worry. As thanks, Miko tells Reisen about a separate incident that could potentially be even more dangerous...

Stage 4:
Spoiler:
According to Miko, there've been cases of people having their minds taken over and losing control of their bodies. Interestingly enough, the people who've been using urban legends are most at risk. Reisen suspects that someone's taking advantage of the urban legend incident to cause this separate phenomenon, which has no connection to either Eirin or Sagume's plans. Miko cited Reimu as an example, so Reisen heads over to talk to her. Reimu felt like she couldn't sleep and found herself walking outside without really knowing why; she then starts to lose control of her body, and... is suddenly replaced with Mokou? Mokou says she was just closing her eyes and meditating out in the forest, when *poof* she was over here suddenly. Then Mokou assumes that Eientei's using her as a test subject for weird experiments or something and so they fight.

Dunno what happens in the ending 'cos it's spoiler-blocked.

The red/blue shields just seem to be a replacement for the Occult Spell system in regular Story Mode (the purple meter on the UI tracks the shield strength now).

« Reply #349 on: December 09, 2016, 03:12:06 AM »
Summary of dialogue for anyone interested.

Thanks for the summary guilde!!

Spoiler:
Interesting of what happened with Reimu and Mokou, too.... In WaHH there was that 'humaning away' problem which happened with people who were sleeping when Sumireko was coming over and visiting.  But now it seems that it happened between Reimu and Mokou, one who couldn't sleep and the other who seemingly was just about to sleep.  I'm betting on this new incident having to do with dream souls and some kind of new imbalance happening because of Sumireko's arrival fiddling with it.

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
« Reply #350 on: December 09, 2016, 01:12:25 PM »

Cuc means that for PC players who have bought the PS4 version to immediately access the Extra mode they have to press the Options button on the PS4 controller 128 times so they can get it off the bat.

I think the way cuc worded that was kinda poor and could lead to a big misconception.

Also god damn them plot details.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #351 on: December 09, 2016, 01:29:31 PM »
So what is the change regarding Reisen that ZUN said would offend people?

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #352 on: December 09, 2016, 01:42:38 PM »
Spoiler:
Miko shows up (using hermit arts to nullify Kaguya's endless-corridor spell)

rofl get fucked

(EDIT: Not you, gilde, the character in that spoiler)
« Last Edit: December 09, 2016, 01:44:15 PM by Suwako Moriya »
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

« Reply #353 on: December 10, 2016, 02:49:44 AM »
Transcript all done (I hope I didn't miss anything): http://pastebin.com/reDR7L5t

Now someone translate it please :)

TenPlates

• Still In Practice!
« Reply #354 on: December 10, 2016, 02:59:55 AM »
Spoiler:
I'm betting on this new incident having to do with dream souls and some kind of new imbalance happening because of Sumireko's arrival fiddling with it.

Does that mean that
Spoiler:
Doremy Sweet and the Dream World will come back?

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #355 on: December 10, 2016, 03:59:24 AM »
Does that mean that
Spoiler:
Doremy Sweet and the Dream World will come back?

Spoiler:
If TH16 has any more connections to the Dream World, then chances are that the Dream Souls in this context (which only come about due to the alternate body Sumireko has when in Gensokyo) have different connotations to the Dream Souls that exist within the Dream World.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:44:39 AM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Critz

• Heartwarming ★ Miracle
« Reply #356 on: December 10, 2016, 11:43:09 AM »
The ending is also available in this video if someone would be so kind to try their hand at translating (spoilers, obviously).

« Reply #357 on: December 10, 2016, 12:40:10 PM »
The ending is also available in this video if someone would be so kind to try their hand at translating (spoilers, obviously).

Thanks for that, Ending transcription added: http://pastebin.com/reDR7L5t
Will do the epilogue later. It takes a bit longer because the font is harder to recognize. Done.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 06:00:05 PM by Splashman »

Kulgia

• The Alpha
  • Let Super Saiyan Okuu rekt you
« Reply #358 on: December 10, 2016, 01:40:39 PM »
Is there a possibility that this game will come out in English? Or western release?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #359 on: December 10, 2016, 03:29:52 PM »
There's been extremely limited levels of western release for a few games recently so it's not entirely out of the question, but it's pretty unlikely. You'll have to stick to playing it on PC for english. However, in a fighting game, the language isn't super important anyway- spellcards all come with pictures, main menu is already english, it's basically only story dialogue/endings (which can be read on the wiki in english), etc, so you could still play it in ps4 if you really wanted, assuming you can get your hands on it. (I don't know how ps4 stuff works but I don't -think- they region lock?)

But yeah, actual official english release is pretty unlikely. (Even the "western release" of DDC only translated the config file, anyway...)
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore