Author Topic: Touhou Project 17 「東方鬼形獣 ~ Wily Beast and Weakest Creature.」  (Read 182084 times)

fsvgm777

• One of the only Touhou fans from Luxembourg... I guess.
  • Oh, I'm just a concerned observer.
The Steam page for the game is up, with the trial available for download.

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
When's the full version coming out?  I checked the Wiki, and there doesn't seem to be a Comiket down the line, though there are some other events I don't know about.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
Summer comiket is an annual event and usually starts around August 10, with new Touhous usually coming out on the 12th or 13th.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Drake

To be specific, C96 is August 9 to 12, and the Touhou circle genre is currently slated for day 4.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

The game's cover has been found on Melonbooks.

I'm guessing these are probably the bosses from stage 5/6/Extra.
Je pense, donc je suis.

R. P. Genocraft

• Craftsman of absolute unpredictability
  • Boundary of productive and lazy

Did a quick and rough outlining, the one on the right is partially obscured by the title. The one on the left seems to have large animal ears, but other than that I can't tell much from it.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2019, 06:40:08 PM by GenoCraft »

CyberAngel

• Retired
Huh, that could really be a dragon behind them...

Suspicious person

• Just a humble wanderer
  • How suspicious~
Hmm ! Using my top of the line, polished-over-the-years ability to analyse newhu silhouettes, here are my impression of the silhouettes :

-Lefthu seems to have sidetail kind of hairstyle going on and seems to be wearing some beret like kind of hat on the normal part of her hair as some kind of fashion statement ;
-Righthu's got antennae / antlers that seems to me like they are similar to the mythical Kirin's ones and she also seems to have some sort of ... flaming ... hockey bat-like thing ? Some suspicious looking flamey thing at any rate ;
-The thing laying on the bottom could probably be the scary part of a scythe and is connected to the straight thing between midhu and righthu. If such is the case, it's even possible for it to be connected to the flaming hockey bat thingy and the scythe's pole actually curves like Komachi's ... although the jagged part at its very end leaves me uncertain as to whether it is indeed a scythe that belongs to either midhu or rightu, or whether it's a furry or a spiky animal part of somehu (I don't think it belongs to lefthu cuz it stretches TOO far right and would obviously leave the screen)
-Midhu is one I am uncertain off

Also the ominous beast from title screen and the japanese title do not seem to me to be reflected in these silhouettes. Curious.

Anyway
Just my impressions

Drake

Game's gone gold, master copy sent to the printer. Nikenme Radio also later tonight, so potentially more stuff from that.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Couple miscellaneous comments from ZUN during Nikenme:
-The game balancing is on the easier side this time, partly due to extra lives being easier to obtain in the full version. Easy Mode is probably the lowest difficulty in the entire series thus far. "Lunatic is still Hell, of course. :V"
-There's 9 total endings, one for each of the player/beast combinations. ZUN said "even after you read all the endings, it probably still won't make sense" (lol) and "then the Extra Stage will jerk you around but you'll feel satisfied like 'ohhh okay, I see' afterward". (Sounds reminiscent of his comments on HSiFS's story if I'm remembering correctly, imo)

Jimmy

• Shameless spender
  • gaining big pounds
Difficulty and plot/ending stuff

Hmm... that seems interesting, especially since HSiFS was basically a big step down from LoLK in terms of difficulty, which sort of deviates from the perceived Easier-Harder-Easier-Harder pattern so far. Sounds like there will be a large difficulty gap somewhere.

Last time I recall a ZUN game having had this many separate endings was probably in IN, with one for each solo player - about 8 - if my memory isn't fooling me. His remark on it makes me think that the mastermind will not appear in the main scenario, but in the Extra stage, provided he doesn't pull another HSiFS with the final and Ex-bosses (I sincerely hope not, even though the take in HSiFS was decently executed IMO).

Either way, looking forward to what the full version entails. Comiket's next weekend if I'm not mistaken?
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 07:33:34 PM by Jimmy »
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, UFO, TD, DDC, LoLK Legacy, HSiFS, WBaWC
Hard 1cc: IN, DDC, HSiFS
Extra clears: MoF, DDC, HSiFS, WBaWC

Goals: Going Extra Hard!

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara

Last time I recall a ZUN game having had this many separate endings was probably in IN, with one for each solo player - about 8 - if my memory isn't fooling me.

Ten Desires and Legacy of Lunatic Kingdom had 8 endings too, TD had 4 normal endings and 4 secret ones (Obtained by having 8 bombs when you reach Stage 6) and LoLK had 4 legacy endings (died at least once in Legacy mode) or 4 perfect endings (either by clearing Pointdevice mode or clearing Legacy without getting hit)

Also IN had only 8 endings, one per team, if you went solo Reimu, you'd get Reimu/Yukari ending but the other 4 would appear depending if you went Eirin or Kaguya's route.

Still this is the most endings we have gotten so far not counting PoFV and the fighters.

PK

• Border of Whatever
Cut
I suppose he didn't say anything about all official manga being done?

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
Here's a bizarre little update; ZUN has just put out a patch... for the FULL game.

Apparently the slight problems that needed fixing in v1.00a (according to the blog: a glitch with the ending of the 4th boss' first spellcard, and some achievments not being unlocked) did bear immediate fixing before the official release, which is justifiable, given that A) the master copy has ready gone out for duplication, and B) it would be bad to deal with glitches right off the bat with the final released version.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

nintendonut888

Here's a bizarre little update; ZUN has just put out a patch... for the FULL game.

Apparently the slight problems that needed fixing in v1.00a (according to the blog: a glitch with the ending of the 4th boss' first spellcard, and some achievments not being unlocked) did bear immediate fixing before the official release, which is justifiable, given that A) the master copy has ready gone out for duplication, and B) it would be bad to deal with glitches right off the bat with the final released version.

If I read it right, the game would specifically crash if you bombed during the wrong part of the stage 4 boss' first spell card. This implies to me that there's going to be a fun gimmick in play that ZUN didn't fully work out the kinks for before sending out the master disk. I wonder what it could be. Two days feels like such a long time to wait.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
If I read it right, the game would specifically crash if you bombed during the wrong part of the stage 4 boss' first spell card. This implies to me that there's going to be a fun gimmick in play that ZUN didn't fully work out the kinks for before sending out the master disk. I wonder what it could be. Two days feels like such a long time to wait.
It only says if you defeat the stage 4 boss's 1st spell card with a bomb, it'll cause an app error crash, so I guess it's nothing too special.

It also fixes a certain achievement that doesn't unlock even if you achieved it.

nintendonut888

Is that different from a normal crash? Just from the sounds of it it seems reminiscent of how Mamizou's survival card crashed in early version of Ten Desires when it ended while a bomb was active, presumably due to some weird interaction with the clones.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2019, 05:42:36 PM by nintendonut888 »

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
It's D-Day, guys. Looking forward to the new characters.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
back of the case screenshots (SPOILERS)

Spoiler:
those left-side screenshots in particular...,
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

It's D-Day, guys. Looking forward to the new characters.
Waiting for the new characters and the new music here.

nintendonut888

back of the case screenshots (SPOILERS)

Spoiler:
those left-side screenshots in particular...,

With the help of a dictionary I think I can roughly translate that text:

Spoiler:
"Survival of the fittest is nothing to be scared of. You, humans of the surface world, entrust your body to your instincts of strife!

I probably got that last part a little wrong, but it sounds like it's coming from the main villain.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
Spoiler:
Here There Be Dragons

her name doesn't quite roll off the tongue though...
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
^
Spoiler:
Name: Kiccho Yachie (or "Kitcho Yachie" if we follow Hepburn)
Pic: https://twitter.com/moiwool/status/1160739192906891265 (spoiler)

EDIT 1

Spoiler:
Stage 5, Joutougu Mayumi
Pic: https://twitter.com/moiwool/status/1160743113259794432 (spoiler)
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 02:51:52 AM by Lebon14 »

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
Spoiler:
SUKUNE REAL

E!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS TECHNO SHIT IN STAGE 6?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?

S6 KEIKI HANIYASUSHIN

Oh!
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:15:11 AM by KaiserKnuckle »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Spoiler:
SUKUNE REAL

E!!!!!! WHAT IS THIS TECHNO SHIT IN STAGE 6?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?? ?

S6 KEIKI HANIYASUSHIN

Spoiler:
Reimu's eyes are strangely very red...

nintendonut888

Do you think
Spoiler:
She's fallen completely under the influence of the hell spirit? I predicted all the way back in the demo that the heroines may end up becoming completely possessed and end up doing someone's bidding, whether it be the final boss or the extra boss. Judging from the stage 6 boss' reaction to seeing her though, I'm guessing the latter is the case.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
Spoiler:
Reimu's eyes are strangely very red...

Spoiler:
Roaring Mode is reaching new heights!!

I'm curious how Eagle and Otter routes will be affected with this in mind!

Create!

ARMLESS YEE HAW
EX BOSS SAKI KUROKOMA
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 03:51:40 AM by KaiserKnuckle »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Fulisha of Light

• Also known as Felis-Licht
  • Light and Day Aeon ~C☆
Spoiler:
So what species are each of the bosses exactly?

Lebon14

• 椛ちゃん、助けてぇぇぇぇぇ!
Spoiler:
So what species are each of the bosses exactly?

Spoiler:
I read that Mayumi (stage 5) is an "haniwa"

I'll have to getting used to these new names.

nintendonut888

Spoiler:
It looks like the extra midboss is Kutaka. I knew she could do it. /o/
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 04:33:34 AM by nintendonut888 »