Author Topic: CPSS4: Live Free or Secret Hard! (OPEN THEM NOW!)  (Read 157546 times)

pineyappled

Re: CPSS4: Live Free or Secret Hard! (OPEN THEM NOW!)
« Reply #570 on: December 25, 2012, 09:57:48 PM »

Thanks, theshim! o/

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #571 on: December 25, 2012, 10:21:37 PM »
Oh shit, mistborn is fantastic.

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #572 on: December 25, 2012, 10:24:29 PM »
OH MY GOSH WHOEVER MY SECRET SANTA IS, YOU'RE AMAZING.
Also Jana told me he knows who you are >:

I'll post pics later too, cuz our mom took them so I have to nag her for the camera~

AnonymousPondScum

« Reply #573 on: December 25, 2012, 11:44:01 PM »
So I got this in the mail (or rather my dad did and held onto it for me). WARNING: Crappy cameraphone ITT.

Names withheld to protect the guilty.

Let's see what's inside.

Oooooh, a book and a card and a rolled up sheet of paper!

Let's move everything to where I actually have decent lighting. :V

:3

Bit hard to read but you can tell if you squint.

Thank you for the book and kind words, good sir! :3 Fortunately I only own book one of the Laundry so there was WAIT WHAT'S THIS ABOUT MY FAVORITE TOUHOU.

IS THAT WHAT THE PAPER WAS.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA~ :* :* :*

MERRY CHRISTMAS TO YOU TOO! :]

Oh yeah, picture of de book too. :derp:

Best gifts from best people on best Christmas. :D
« Last Edit: December 25, 2012, 11:49:07 PM by Purple-haired Pacifistic Pasuhead »

Jq1790

• Wow I'm back to playing this game.
  • Let's puzzle together again, Karin!
« Reply #574 on: December 26, 2012, 12:38:58 AM »
Given I recognized the name on the package, I can kinda guess who my sender was, and by Hakurei you spoiled me amazingly!  (Due to ridiculous filesizes, using imgur:  http://imgur.com/a/3zE1m)

For those who can't click the link above for whatever reason, a list:
-2 boxes of Toppo bread sgtick things with creme filling, basically a Pocky-like thing, though it's supposed to be even better.  Haven't had a chance to try them yet.
-A music single of some form featuring Udongein
-The Best of Non-Stop Toho Eurobeat 2011
-The Memories of Phantasm DVD
-An awesome(and cute) circular metal Youmu keychain thing.  I'm NOT using this as its intended form for fear of damage or loss, but rahter I'm going to make it an amazing necklace once I get myself some high gauge chain to thread it in.

Thanks a lot, CPSS sender~!
If you're a Pazudora player and aren't on #puzzleandlibrarians, come join us!

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #575 on: December 26, 2012, 01:04:13 AM »

My notice that a package awaits at the post office.

"Vi?takandi" = recipient, i.e., me.

"Sendandi" = sender, who goes by the cryptic "NN".

What could NN mean? Non-nude? DID SOMEONE SEND ME SOFTCORE?!?! You better hope you didn't leave a return address if you did!

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #576 on: December 26, 2012, 04:17:58 AM »
with a name like Boots & Barkley I'm disappointed it wasn't a b-ball toy
You know I completely missed that because my cats were too busy getting high off da nip for me to notice anything else :V

Also because I suppose I can answer this one in more detail than he can...
@Tamashii Kanjou: Wait what did you get? It looks cool. I just don't know what it is.
It is a tile mosaic of a Madoka picture found off the interwebs because I sure as hell have no art skillz.  The base images were printed on 5x7 photo paper and the shadowbox is 8x10.  I used actual bathroom tiles (did you know in a sheet of one inch square tiles they are not all evenly one square inch? :fail:) and a fancypants dimensional glaze finish which due to the angle you can really only see in the upper right corner in the photo.  The Yuuka is a cross-stitched tree ornament and everyone has a chance to win one of their own by donating to charity during the Tou-ho-ho Fest! </end shameless promotion I swear it just worked out timing-wise that way>

Kanjou - may I request a head-on photo with just the Madoka piece?  I completely forgot to take a picture before I sent it out :V

Also also.....
I don't like sending Japanese snacks and stuff because it's REALLY cliche, but I might make an exception this year and throw in some Toppo. It's about 50 times better than Pocky.
Toppo?  Never heard of it.  Is it effectively the same thing as Pocky but better, or just a different snack you like more?
From HakureiSM:
-2 boxes of Toppo bread sgtick things with creme filling, basically a Pocky-like thing, though it's supposed to be even better.  Haven't had a chance to try them yet.
:getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 04:33:14 AM by triangels we have heard on high »

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #577 on: December 26, 2012, 04:20:01 AM »
First off, sorry if these are huge and laggy. I had to use my sister's boyfriend's smartphone to get photos, then learned after the fact he's all like "Hwur hwur my iPenix is umpteen megapixels and U CANT HANDLE IT!", and that he didn't realize that pictures literally twice as large as any modern monitor and the size of an MP3 aren't useful for anything. I've got no way to shrink 'em without ruining them, and I can't get half of them to thumbnail right, so I am going to put my faith in the forum to size 'em down intelligently.

Here we see a box, after sister's boyfriend's sheltie helped himself to it the moment we turned our back on the little bastard.  You'll note the clever use of a sock to preserve my SS Guy's modesty.

Hell yeah, newspaper! I'm gonna get to be warm tonight!

Oh there's some stuff in there too.

In the envelop, we find a lovely card with a personal message I won't share here because it's personal. (Re: I do!)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!

This is a very interesting gift, for a very interesting coincidence.  You'll note the Greek mythology book there? I've seen that book before. In particular, I encountered that bad boy in the school library when I was in 5th grade, and knew Greek Mythology was the shit due to playing Battle of Olympus (which is also the shit, go play it), but didn't have much practical knowledge outside of trying and failing to really comprehend Edith Hamilton's Mythology. That book you see right there was probably the first thing that really helped me get a handle on it, and progress to the social sciences noid I am today. In particular, I remember staying home sick (or maybe "sick") and reading that while playing Pool of Radiance on NES. =]

Thank you, matey. All of these are excellent and so are you.

N-Forza

• Information Superhighway Robbery
  • I said it was a steal, but not for whom
« Reply #578 on: December 26, 2012, 04:52:36 AM »
:getdown: :getdown: :getdown:
When I saw I got him, I pretty much HAD to. And that strawberry flavor is seasonal too.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #579 on: December 26, 2012, 05:22:52 AM »
Apparently some of you have better things to do on Christmas than to post your gifts on the internet >;E  Please do so soon because I care an incredible amount about what everyone gets.  Y'all are my babies.

I think I've replied to all the inquiries I needed to.  Let me know about any outstanding questions.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #580 on: December 26, 2012, 05:43:12 AM »
[attach=1]

Next year I hope I'll have money to participate D:

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
« Reply #581 on: December 26, 2012, 05:57:19 AM »
None of all this fancy opening pictures nonsense. This is what was inside my package!

[attach=1]

A can of chili, a copy of the Necronomicon, and a hamster? O_o

Apparently I threw out the drawing with the envelope so maybe this would have made more sense with that? x_x;; Still, what a lovely book of the dead to get for Christmas! Beware when I go Grimdark Nobu >:3
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #582 on: December 26, 2012, 06:08:35 AM »
But more importantly, did you figure out who Crazy Aunt Gertie was?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
  • I suddenly feel like I ate a crowbar.
« Reply #583 on: December 26, 2012, 06:19:18 AM »
Also also.....From HakureiSM:
oi?

By the way, I have super-secret intel that my Santa did ship their shit on time headed my way, as it has arrived HUEland over two weeks ago. Furthermore, intel states that the post offices are greatly enjoying their holidays, as the package was released from customs and declared 'en route' to my local post office a week ago.
Remember, this is classified information.
[20:45:19] Ciryano: come and behold why they call it the Panzerfaust
[20:45:39] Hakurei Reimu: ... because it shoots once and then you throw it out?
                                                                                   .

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #584 on: December 26, 2012, 06:27:29 AM »
oi?
He had said "by Hakurei" meaning "by God" and the meaning was mistaken.  I think that's what happened.

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #585 on: December 26, 2012, 06:33:44 AM »
Ooh, right. Yeah, that makes sense.
                                                                                   .

« Reply #586 on: December 26, 2012, 07:51:45 AM »
Man, whoever got me this year is crazy generous.  I received four, that's right, 4 graphic novels, which weighed in at a massive 7 pounds.
No pictures sadly, but not really needed.

1. Saga: Volume 1, written by Brian Vaughan, art by Fiona Staples. Never heard of the series before, but the art style is very visually appealing, and looks like a science fiction with fantasy elements  mixed with romance.
2. The Watchmen: Not too much needs to be said about probably the best graphic novel created. I've read this bad boy before, and am intensely pleased to have a copy of my own.
3. The Walking Dead: Volume 1. I'd imagine most of the US has heard of this series through the TV series, as had I.  One of my friends who is really into TWD raves about the books as well, and now I can finally see what all his fuss is about.
4. SCUD: The Disposable Assassin, by Rob Schrab. This thing is the mostrosity that contributed most to the weight, probably has over 500 pages. Cut my teeth a bit on this one and am quite enthralled. Drawn in very stylized art; sets-up the story in a dysfunctional world where robotic assassins can be contracted via vending machine.  Lots of absurd characterization, and violence. Working up to be an awesome read.

This present nearly doubles my meager collection, and it's filled with all ace entries. Thank you Cirno Santa!

Drake

« Reply #587 on: December 26, 2012, 08:26:54 AM »
Nov 26:    Posting/Collection
Dec 02:    Arrival at inward office of exchange
Dec 02:    Awaiting presentation to customs commissioner
Dec 23:    Departure from inward office of exchange
canada pls

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #588 on: December 26, 2012, 09:01:30 AM »
Apparently some of you have better things to do on Christmas than to post your gifts on the internet >;E  Please do so soon because I care an incredible amount about what everyone gets.  Y'all are my babies.
Jana and I are lazies who forgot to get the camera from our mom even though we spend Christmas day doing nothing... oopsie.

WE'LL BOTH POST PICS TOMORROW I PROMISE MMKAY?

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #589 on: December 26, 2012, 12:22:27 PM »
 :objection!:
IT ALREADY IS/WAS TOMORROW

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #590 on: December 26, 2012, 12:26:15 PM »
WE'LL BOTH POST PICS TOMORROW I PROMISE MMKAY?
/r/ing banhammer pl0x

Secret intel informs me the shit has arrived the municipality and was forwarded to the neighbourhood post office.
Best outlook is Operation Santa Retrieval to be enabled this afternoon. Tomorrow at most.
                                                                                   .

Nietz

• NEETz
  • Normal Person
« Reply #591 on: December 26, 2012, 01:38:44 PM »
Jesus Tap-dancing Christ you people are good at guessing where your gifts came from
duh fuck?
So, I suppose I got it right?
I saw the package was from Maryland, and a search of "maryland" on the forum yielded a post by Doc R. saying he/she were from Maryland's Howard county, which is where the city the package was posted from is. Ergo, that seemed a good enough guess. </dearwatson>

Vento

• Playtime is over!!!!
  • TRIGGER WARNING : #2handsome5casuls
« Reply #592 on: December 26, 2012, 02:25:42 PM »
PRAISE THE SUN \o/
oh my god what did i just watch
but im glad to see that the package sucessfully got smuggled sent through ^q^

...?! (ps. thats a map and not a face, as i found out later)
 ok so...i got a sms saying it was from the post office saying i had a package!!! asking me to reply and call back and i did and uh the guy literally stored the box in the.......that compartment outside my house that i have no idea what use its for but people hang umbrellas and stuff there, so um yeah

opening my package with kumamon...

P.S. click for full
reactions as follow

WOW THATS A HUEG BOX why is it so heavy
is the christmas present unwrapping the box because IT IS SO HARD, THIS PENKNIFE SUCKS
?!?!? keyboard box owo!! i have always wanted a keyboard though i cant even read music heheheh
anyway, the real present...bubble wrap, bubble wrap everywhereeee...wow they are wrapped so nicely i dont even ;______;
box #1... CITADEL MINITURE?? did my cpss sender track me buying chivalry when it was 50% and found out im a sucker for such things???
OMG HORNSE JDDSAHFL so cute omg opened it and the german side of the card was facing me...was like "...i cant read german.."/flips card " nor swedish.. oh wait, english きた!!"
2 BOXES ONE BLACK ONE WHITE..... hey why are they so...light lol...!??!!?!!?!?!ゆっくりしていってね!!!!!!
omg so cute, im die
so much wrapping, bubble wrap everywhere
aha i knew this was a poster/scroll thing
OMG TENSHI!!!!!!!!!!
uwaaa p.s. i have no idea how to stick it to my wall ;_____;
this is a card-
 is that a CD
 wow it rly is
 >>puts in laptop
 WHUT

the CD is the most unique present ive received lul /brb browsing images forever
thanks, nevindar! even though you wrote your name on the card hehe
Distasteful Tater Elites 1st division

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #593 on: December 26, 2012, 04:39:03 PM »
Man, what is up with the influx of Swedes on this board?

Step your game up, other Scandinavian and Nordic countries.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

♛ Apher-Forte

• Am I to go home...or shall I stay alone?
  • Forever lost at sea, a distant bell rings for me
    • Himitsu's NSFW Blog ~ contains NSFW material
« Reply #594 on: December 26, 2012, 05:32:42 PM »
I think at this point it seems pretty obvious who my secret santa is...
since I seem to be the only one not receiving anything yet omg erp erp erp erp!!

oh, additionally: Chaore>>
the booklet actually says 'SOUL/SPIRIT MOVING KUNG FU MASTERY' on the cover, it is a classic kung fu (pseudo-magic shit) that involves someone slapping your body so hard it sends your soul flying out straight to hell. scary... now... to write the contents in.

« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 05:38:41 PM by ♛ Siri »
  <-- my artwork thread, click me!
[ Find my cosplay photos here. ] OMG I HAVE TUMBLR FOLLOW PLZX Will You Remember Me... ?

HakureiSM

• Reimu is all of it
« Reply #595 on: December 26, 2012, 06:40:48 PM »
Intel update: Informant has forwarded to me that the shit has arrived its final destination, which is unfortunately not my own adress, due to logistics reasons. Operation Santa Retrieval has been greenlit and may now commence.

Everyone's got so much cool stuff I'm mad jelly right now.
                                                                                   .

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
« Reply #596 on: December 26, 2012, 10:09:02 PM »
Sorry it took me till now our power just came back on. I got my present the day before Christmas and kept shaking and feeling it to see and guess what it was. It was a very jingly (word?) package and I was completely at a loss as to what it was.  So I opened it on Christmas morning (first present I opened) and found something awesome.
[attach=1]

Thanks a ton Imosa! I absolutely love it! That was a great idea as I love to build my figures and Aya is one of my favorite Touhous. I'm going to need those instruction if you have them though, I'm a lego noob. I gave it a little shot while our power was out last night but didn't get far. I'll post a picture of her complete when I get a chance. I hope she doesn't snap any pics of me for blackmail!
« Last Edit: December 26, 2012, 10:12:56 PM by Zirene »

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #597 on: December 26, 2012, 10:22:45 PM »
oh, additionally: Chaore>>
the booklet actually says 'SOUL/SPIRIT MOVING KUNG FU MASTERY' on the cover, it is a classic kung fu (pseudo-magic shit) that involves someone slapping your body so hard it sends your soul flying out straight to hell. scary... now... to write the contents in.

THAT IS AWESOME.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #598 on: December 26, 2012, 10:24:03 PM »
I'm going to need those instruction if you have them though,
Those have been PMd to you

Jam-Kiske

• i am not witty
« Reply #599 on: December 26, 2012, 10:51:35 PM »
I didn't think to take pics of the whole ongoing gift opening process, so I'll just have to describe it I guess. It was just a regular Post Office box, and after struggling to open it and receiving help from the family cuz it was sealed really well, it revealed 3 smaller packages, each wrapped in really pretty sparkly blue paper with snowflakes on it. I opened them from smallest to largest.

The smallest contained: A Homestuck Sburb  Spirograph necklace! Wow bless you for actually buying me a Homestuck thing.
The next packaged contained: 3 really cute pins! One is of Noel Vermillion from BlazBlue and the other two of League of Legends ladies (Sona and Lux).
When I picked up the last package and felt it I could only think one thing so I said aloud to my family, "Is this chocolate?" And then it was chocolate.

So here's pics of me with my stuff.

And a slightly closer one without the chocolate as I'm sure we all know what chocolate looks like:

THANKS SECRET SANTA! I don't know who you are (Jana does >: ), but I love you.