Author Topic: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-  (Read 138249 times)

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
Re: League of Legends Thread XVI -Double International Salt Mine Edition-
« Reply #810 on: April 22, 2016, 08:25:33 PM »
oh my god new taric is a gift

that e stun
that ult
THAT DEEP V

Needless to say, I'm never playing another support again.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #811 on: April 22, 2016, 10:24:52 PM »
His 70s hippie hair and hard, chiseled abs are Riot's way of making you play him. The kit is extra.

"More stars than Soraka"

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #812 on: April 25, 2016, 03:17:55 AM »
I'd forgotten how fun Irelia was in URF. Not as OP as Jax, but still very satisfying overall.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #813 on: May 03, 2016, 07:51:10 PM »
*Reads patch notes*

*Reads Vel'Koz section and sees larger R ratio and passive getting a ratio*

Oh wow Riot are doing what I said Vel'Koz needs to be a viable midla...

E - Tectonic Disruption
RATIO 0.5 ability power ⇒ 0.3 ability power

W - Void Rift
FIRST HIT RATIO 0.25 ability power ⇒ 0.15 ability power
SECOND HIT RATIO 0.375 ability power ⇒ 0.25 ability power

Nevermind. He can't even waveclear and farm now and is basically an Ultbot as a midlaner [Although his Ultimate is now probobly the most damageing thing in the whole game if it's stacked up seeing as it's 950 base true damage + 1.0 AP ratio.]

Still think he'll function best as a support. Lower E ratio lets you poke for passive stacks/zone with even less pushing [It's the only reason you use E on Support Vel; to proc a passive or force them to back off by putting them at 2]. Q still functions as your 'aharass while not pushing' tool; and as Support Vel your bread and butter for when you R is Q slow -> easy W -> E for stack 3 -> R anyway so you'd stack up to the passive proc which lets you deal True Damage R anyway... and R's base damage has gone up.

Meanwhile in midlane he still suffers from the 'I either have no real harass but can at least push alright and CS' or 'I can harass but can't farm and get pushed into tower so they roam' issue. Except now E max has gone from 'can push alright' to 'oh god I'm still under tower'. At least his main purpose as an AP mid now actually meaningfully scales with AP.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2016, 07:56:58 PM by Raikaria »

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #814 on: May 05, 2016, 06:26:07 AM »
I know G2 didn't practice for MSI, but damn, that was pretty depressing.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #815 on: May 06, 2016, 04:57:15 PM »
I know it's only game 1 of 2 but holy shit
Spoiler:
CLG took out a double-TP Leblanc SKT team.

4W/2L watch them lose the rest and break our hearts like a true NA team.
  :V

Also I'm finally level 30 thanks to ARAM damn I should've done this ages ago.

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #816 on: May 07, 2016, 04:49:24 PM »
CLG poppin off. Took a game off every team this time . I never thought CLG would do this well. I thought they'd be like 5th or 6th at best.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #817 on: May 07, 2016, 11:37:04 PM »
That shoutcasting! [/spoilerwarning] I never thought you could out-hype KABUM v. Alliance at 2014 Worlds but holy crap was I wrong. Co-MVPs of the match:
Spoiler:
Lamb's Respite and Base Rock

Holy crap that was an insane finish. Nothing beats hearing the silence of the home crowd when you rooting for the underdogs.

1CC List (all shmups)

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #818 on: May 08, 2016, 07:41:53 AM »
As if I didn't dislike Ocelote already now the team he owns and is president of the organisation goes and takes a 2 week vacation and completely embarrasses the region at MSI hurting EU's chances at Worlds dramatically. [And yes; I'm pretty sure as the leader of the org he had to at least greenlight the coach's idea]

You guys know EU crowds from last Worlds? Well. Imagine them when they're angry. G2 is going to be walking into a pack of angry wolves ready to rip them apart when they return next split. I doubt the casters will be able to even mention them without getting drowned out by jeers.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2016, 07:43:35 AM by Raikaria »

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Trickysticks

• What am I? TRICKYSTEAKS I AM!
  • A stick of the tricky variety.
« Reply #819 on: May 18, 2016, 12:51:21 AM »
So, how do you guys feel about Taliyah? Her kit seems excellent and I adore her down-to-earth personality.
Interested in playing some boss fights I made? Have Danmakufu? Then check out my Danmakufu creations!

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #820 on: May 18, 2016, 08:16:51 AM »
I don't like her. Having a character designed for play in the smallest lane who creates large areas where you can't use your main damage spell for minutes at a time without major nerfs to it seems pretty dumb design-wise. Her Siesmic Shove dosen't impress me either; her E is cool and is one of those ways Riot said they want to combat mobility creep without cutting mobility itself [See also; Cass; abilities like Veig stun stopping movement now where they didn't before]

And her R... it dosen't deal any damage and honestly is a glorified Anivia Wall combined with a really large dash that can be used to Jarvan-style 'help'; will probobly get you killed more often than not because the champion is made of paper mache; and can just be jumped over even if it does catch people out. Honestly I don't even see why you would level this at 6 unless you expect a fight to break out [Includeing a chance for you to roam botlane but she dosen't seem like she's a good pusher] or want to go B and quickly return to lane without Teleport.

In other news:
Jungle Hecarim - 10/4/16; gets an A
Support Vel'Koz - 7/5/15; gets an S rank

Jungle Malphite - 7/2/11; A+
Support Illaoi - 8/7/11; S

Rito really dosen't want me to be getting my hextech boxes. I don't understand how this happens; especially as a support's weighting for kills should be lower than anyone else. It's not even wards. In both games I placed the most pinks; in the Malphite game 2nd most wards in the game and the Hecarim game most wards. I have high warding; a better K/D/A and kill participation; more involvement in objectives and yet I don't get S ranks while they do ._.

I have 4 avaliable boxes but can't get any because this sort of thing keeps happening asdfg.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:19:16 AM by Raikaria »

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #821 on: May 18, 2016, 10:37:15 AM »
it's because ranks are determined by your performance vs the average performance of that champion in that role relative to your skill level

so since support vel'koz and support illaoi are not typical things, they don't have much to compete with when it comes to doing well

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #822 on: May 18, 2016, 01:48:32 PM »
it's because ranks are determined by your performance vs the average performance of that champion in that role relative to your skill level

so since support vel'koz and support illaoi are not typical things, they don't have much to compete with when it comes to doing well

Neither is Jungle Malphite; he's usually a toplaner. At the very least he is no more 'not typical' than support Vel.

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #823 on: May 18, 2016, 02:37:34 PM »
abilities like Veig stun stopping movement now where they didn't before

Veigar's E's been stopping movement for over a year now, though?

The way to play Taliyah is to Seismic Shove people into your E field for massive damage, and using R to create chokepoints/cut off escapes/force flashes. She's an excellent control mage who is designed around creating favourable conditions for your team to fight in.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #824 on: May 18, 2016, 08:11:43 PM »
Veigar's E's been stopping movement for over a year now, though?

The way to play Taliyah is to Seismic Shove people into your E field for massive damage, and using R to create chokepoints/cut off escapes/force flashes. She's an excellent control mage who is designed around creating favourable conditions for your team to fight in.

Yeah but Veig E was pretty much the first one and the one which came to mind.

And as someone who generally plays control mages, I know what the idea of Taliyah is. But I also know how badly her kit could go wrong; and I can see her having trouble actually laneing. Honestly when I saw her kit I hoped she'd be a jungler but she's not really a jungler. [She *can* clear but it's just about] I dunno maybe an E max first becomes the norm so she can waveclear and thus make use of her R to roam and set up ganks. Actually looking at what you get for leveling E it's pretty drastic; 2 sec CDR and +50 damage per rank [On the creep wave; assuming you don't shove them for a bit of extra damage]

Actually yeah a E max first actually seems pretty good. Q Rank 1 is still 180+120% if you land everything so will still function for harassment; but as a waveclear it's not only bad but hurts your availability to use it again. E max first gives you an every-more spammy waveclear which lets you push so you can make use of her powerful roaming; while also setting up a 'hey don't dash at me' defensive barrier against assassins. [Also I didn't realize but the low on E scales with AP as well]

I was more thinking of a Q max but maybe that's not the way to go.

Also probobly worth a mention: Support Taliyah; particually with Vayne who can Condemn people through her E.
« Last Edit: May 18, 2016, 08:14:17 PM by Raikaria »

Bardiche

« Reply #825 on: May 18, 2016, 09:08:16 PM »
Played Taliyah a bit, max Q first is better than max E first. You generally (in the mid lane) have enough opportunities to continuously spam the five-shot variant, and the one-shot variant is sufficient to help waveclear later.

In other news:

[attach=1]

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #826 on: May 18, 2016, 09:23:16 PM »
Neither is Jungle Malphite; he's usually a toplaner. At the very least he is no more 'not typical' than support Vel.

jungle malphite is way more typical than support vel

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #827 on: May 18, 2016, 11:14:48 PM »
jungle malphite is way more typical than support vel
Once upon a time for sure, but nowadays it appears that champion.gg says otherwise:
http://champion.gg/champion/Velkoz/Support
http://champion.gg/champion/Malphite

Not that I've seen either in my own recent games, though :V

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #828 on: May 19, 2016, 01:42:12 AM »
oh right, i forgot that vel'koz got patched so his popularity went up

that's what i get for not playing league anymore

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #829 on: May 19, 2016, 10:20:48 PM »
So; I've been derping around in ARAM a little as per usual; it's not good for finding out lane phase stuff but it's good for teamfight simulation.

Viktor got some changes I was on the fence about; mostly to his rate of damage; but after getting a 1v4 Quadra with him after the changes; and playing him; I can say he fits my playstyle a lot better than he did before. I'm not really a burst mage player, as much as I liked playing Viktor. Now with his Q dealing 2 waves of damage which don't reduce each other; but at a slower rate; and his R dealing more damage; but over a longer time, he really fits my playstyle a lot better since he controls zones a lot more instead of just nuking. He makes a line which is a no-go; and two spheres which are no-goes. And if he catches you in the Gravity Well he can still rip you apart; in fact E followup after a W is stronger than it was before.

I mean now you don't want to get close to Viktor because he'll spam you down with Q's while R is faster [Also he can reposition and dodge better when within Q range you don't want to engage Viktor in Q range unless you will 100-0 him because otherwise he's getting sizable shields every 3 seconds while dodgeing your skillshots and dealing high sustained damage; god help you if he has Lichbane too]. You don't want to stand where he E's because the Aftershock deals full damage even if the main beam hit you now and it hits harder. You also don't want to stand where Gravity Well and at the same time you want to get the hell away from Chaos Storm [Which now is even closer to being the highest AP ratio in the game on full damage. It's only just behind Absolute Zero now] Everything in his kit is about createing an area you don't want to be.

I also got to play new Cass and despite never playing new Cass before she felt a lot better; I love the new Maisma as someone who loves zone control. Might play her more and try and get her into my rotation of midlaners.

Also; I've done 2 skin shard rerolls. Both Ahri skins [Midnight and Academy]. I also have an Ahri champion shard. The game REALLY wants me to play Ahri.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2016, 10:26:27 PM by Raikaria »

Bardiche

« Reply #830 on: May 24, 2016, 12:40:12 PM »
New Veigar much fun, heh. Hit an enemy with Q or W, follow up with R for a kill. Catch someone in E? GG, you won the trade by killing them.

Was up against a Viktor (he picked it before I could :( ) who kept ganking me with his Feedlesticks jungle. Was so satisfying to obliterate them later on. (They never did kill me with a gank because Barrier + MRes runes + Abyssal first is ridiculous)

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #831 on: September 30, 2016, 03:53:48 AM »
I know I know nobody cares about League anymore the thread is dead.

But holy crap I don't care if you aren't watching Worlds 2016 Day 1 you are missing a crazy tournament already!

1CC List (all shmups)

Garlyle

• I can't brain today
  • I have the dumb
    • Tormod Plays Games
« Reply #832 on: September 30, 2016, 08:39:11 AM »
Oh, has Worlds started?

This possibly has my attention.  It's been a while since I've had an excuse to pay attention to League, and I've always tuned in for Worlds, so hey.  BR upset incoming as always EDIT:
Spoiler:
th-that was meant as a joke it's not supposed to be already happening
« Last Edit: September 30, 2016, 08:47:10 AM by Garlyle »

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #833 on: September 30, 2016, 03:47:10 PM »
Spoiler:
What game did you think I just finished watching live before making this thread?
  :3

Spoiler:
Honestly I was super impressed with INTZ's macro play; it felt like every rotation was perfect in order to either protect their towers or take an enemy tower early game and they just never stepped off the gas. I'm looking forward to seeing what they can do the next 5 games.

Also watching
Spoiler:
TSM get dumpstered after picking an immobile carry while leaving Alistar open for the best support in the world
felt like a true return to normalcy to end the day.

1CC List (all shmups)

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #834 on: October 08, 2016, 01:55:10 AM »
A day late but better late than later.
Spoiler:
ANX IS OFFICIALLY THE FIRST WILDCARD TEAM TO MAKE IT OUT OF GROUPS AFTER A 1 HOUR LONG BLOW-FOR-BLOW UPSET VS ROX TIGERS

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #835 on: October 08, 2016, 07:35:58 AM »
Spoiler:
And by advanceing the wildcard team knocked out CLG. Typical CLG. Win a few games to give their fans false hope; then choke.

Spoiler:
Also the Wildcard team is Russian. Russia's capital is in Europe. Can we disown G2 and put them on permanent vacation and take them instead?

In non-worlds news:

I wasn't going to go back into ranked until Season 7 which is bringing back Solo/Duo Q.

Then VictoTREE  was announced and now I have to climb back to gold after my godawful placements due to basically getting screwed with dynamic premades. Maokai was the champion who carried me out of Bronze and all the way to Gold in S2. I OWE IT TO THE TREE. Even if I just make Gold V 0 LP and stop. I owe it to Maokai.

Also; ongoing joke about Maokai only getting event skins.

My comeback game into Ranked was a 0/1/22 Lulu game. So that went well. [Followed by an Annie win and then a Lulu loss where our Fizz gave up 10 mins into the game and refused to teamfight despite us having Zac; Lulu and a sped-up Volibear to cause massive disruption... our teamfight was massive but we needed Fizz's damage.]
« Last Edit: October 08, 2016, 07:45:57 AM by Raikaria »

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #836 on: October 09, 2016, 04:01:33 AM »
Wait, so how is Season 7 ranked Q going to work? Do we know yet? Because personally I liked not having to call roles in chat at the start of the champ select. Being dumped into a role is so much easier and less prone to argument. On the other hand, that's basically the premise of Dynamic, so if Dynamic goes, I guess it's back to shouting for lanes...

Or I just don't get any of this at all, in which case explain pls.
EDIT: Or I'm misinterpreting you.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #837 on: October 09, 2016, 07:19:23 AM »
Wait, so how is Season 7 ranked Q going to work? Do we know yet? Because personally I liked not having to call roles in chat at the start of the champ select. Being dumped into a role is so much easier and less prone to argument. On the other hand, that's basically the premise of Dynamic, so if Dynamic goes, I guess it's back to shouting for lanes...

Or I just don't get any of this at all, in which case explain pls.
EDIT: Or I'm misinterpreting you.

Riot have confirmed Solo/Duo Q is coming back. 'Flex Queue' as in; 3+ players possible; will be it's own Q.

Kinda a good thing for me, since I got driven from Ranked because of all the 3+ premades. Usually on the other team.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
« Reply #838 on: October 09, 2016, 01:45:01 PM »
Oh, I can agree with you there. But on the other hand, it would be nice to keep the whole, "select positions before you get in a lobby" thing. There were a lot fewer arguments over lanes and whatnot, and it tended to shove people into roles that they suck at. I guess I'm just saying it would be nice to keep the role pre-selection, whilst also separating the Qs into Solo and Duo again.

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #839 on: October 09, 2016, 03:40:19 PM »
Oh, I can agree with you there. But on the other hand, it would be nice to keep the whole, "select positions before you get in a lobby" thing. There were a lot fewer arguments over lanes and whatnot, and it tended to shove people into roles that they suck at. I guess I'm just saying it would be nice to keep the role pre-selection, whilst also separating the Qs into Solo and Duo again.

Yeah that's staying. That's new champ select. Not Dynamic Q.

It's just ranked will be a maximum group of 2 again.