Author Topic: Mushihimesama futari xbox360 region free  (Read 4503 times)

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
Mushihimesama futari xbox360 region free
« on: November 18, 2009, 08:19:44 AM »
Title says it all
http://kotaku.com/5368190/bullet-hell-shooter-creators-cave-going-region+free-for-next-xbox-360-game

I don't have an xbox, but I wont allow myself to pass up this opportunity. Especially given how omgwtfexpensive Mushi is for the ps2 these days. I'm sure the price on this game will bloat to kingdom come really fast.

But I'm not sure what the best way of ordering this to Canada would be, anybody have any idea? I see:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-br-49-en-70-3cq6.html

But I'm not really sure if it's reliable or anything, so I'd like some suggestions. I know there is the Forza option, but I don't want to harass him personally if there are shipping complications, which there always are for me.

Re: Mushihimesama futari xbox360 region free
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2009, 09:11:43 AM »
Play-Asia is pretty reliable, although I gather that they can be slow sometimes.

If you're buying an arcade unit, you will probably also want to buy an external 360 hard drive for it as well since the unit's built-in 256 MB of storage probably isn't enough to hold Futari 1.01 and Black Label. The good thing is that hard drives aren't region-specific. It's also generally agreed-upon that the 360 controller is awful for shmups, but that's something you'll have to judge for yourself.

But yeah, I'm in the same boat; I'm also wondering what the best cheapest method of importing this stuff to Canada is. :V

Bananamatic

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2009, 01:32:24 PM »
oh you which actually have a 360 and a way to buy stuff online.
I'd totally buy this if I could.

Matsuri

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2009, 01:34:39 PM »
uh

I only have been harping on about this in the shooter game thread for the past two months now :V

But yes, less than 9 days to go now! Got my pre-order in for the limited edition!
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:36:16 PM by Matsuri »

lmagus

• I HATE VoWG
    • My Youtube
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2009, 01:41:32 PM »
I'll wait until it comes out and people actually test on their consoles for the region free.
Also I'll probably be moving soon, and I don't know how long it takes to ship to Brazil, but I won't be here after december 19th, so I'd better wait until I move out to order it
Current Goal: PCB Lunatic 1cc
Watch me on Youtube

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2009, 01:55:19 PM »
I'm also waiting for that. After all, what if they screwed that up?

Once it's confirmed, then I'll look forward to getting owned by Larsa(and almost everything else in the game).

And I haven't had an issue with shmups with the 360 controller or platformers with it. I do just fine with the d-pad despite what other people say about it, and I doubt it would change for this. All deaths are due to me sucking, not the controls.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 01:59:34 PM by Enigma »

Matsuri

« Reply #6 on: November 18, 2009, 04:19:07 PM »
If it isn't really region-free, even though it's pretty much confirmed, I'll definitely start saving for a J-360. I'll be buying one sooner or later anyway.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #7 on: November 18, 2009, 07:59:34 PM »
oh you which actually have a 360 and a way to buy stuff online.

huh?
I don't have a 360, but too many times in the past have I not purchased games I knew would be classics because I didn't have the system, and years later I was kicking myself because it's either utterly impossible to get (valkarie profile cough), or so expensive that it costs more than the damn system did when the game came out (suikoden 2? hell, mushi 1?).

As for the lockout, I'd be pretty suprised if the news was false, but since I don't have a 360 yet anyway, and wont get one anytime soon, I can just get a J-360 instead of a regular one later anyway if needed. Personally, I'm waiting for when 360s are no longer notorious for croaking and dying. Because I already have a really damn good knack of getting lemons with electronic equipment as is.

Matsuri

« Reply #8 on: November 18, 2009, 08:24:27 PM »
Personally, I'm waiting for when 360s are no longer notorious for croaking and dying. Because I already have a really damn good knack of getting lemons with electronic equipment as is.

Don't count on it. My dad's Elite console has been repaired/replaced under warranty 9 times. Mine was repaired once, then passed the warranty; I now have a newer model that shouldn't have these problems, but you never know.

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2009, 09:30:05 PM »
My first 360 died after 6 months. Had the Best Buy Replacement plan. Expires in I think June of next year, so I'm hoping it dies again before that so I can get a newer one and renew the plan.

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2009, 09:46:15 PM »
That's just wrong on so many levels. Seriously, why the hell aren't they releasing a more stable product. Effing Sony is always re-making their playstations to be smaller and more portable and crap.

Matsuri

« Reply #11 on: November 18, 2009, 10:11:51 PM »
That's just wrong on so many levels. Seriously, why the hell aren't they releasing a more stable product. Effing Sony is always re-making their playstations to be smaller and more portable and crap.

Microsoft loves money.

« Reply #12 on: November 18, 2009, 10:41:18 PM »
And having to extend the warranties and deal with this is costing them a lot of it.

I'm sure they'll learn their lesson next gen. Unfortunately, if they don't improve on certain things, I won't consider them as a first choice next gen.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2009, 10:43:01 PM by Enigma »

Helix ⑨

• No Pain, No Gain
  • No Guts, No Glory
    • my youtube, 95% touhou vids, mainly extras and last words.
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2009, 10:45:36 PM »
Hmmm mushihime-sama is much too flashy for me, it's like playing UFO^2 with your score displayed infront of your face instead of the top right. And from what I saw in a gameplay vid is that like all shot types hit the entire screen, lame D:

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2009, 11:15:18 PM »
Microsoft loves money.
Aren't they losing an arm and a leg of it by replacing each xbox with 50 new ones due to warranties being used?

Matsuri

« Reply #15 on: November 19, 2009, 12:56:13 AM »
There's the catch. Your 'replacement' is a refurbished console, not a new one.

However, my dad flat-out demanded a new console if the Elite fucks up for a 10th time, and it will, without a doubt. It always lasts approximately three months.