Author Topic: Tokiko Quest  (Read 94936 times)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
Tokiko Quest
« on: October 09, 2014, 03:02:18 AM »
>You are Tokiko, a perfectly ordinary student in her first year of high school.
>You are adopted. Not that you care since Keine Kamishirasawa, your benefactor, has been the best parent you could have asked for.
>You attend Scarlet Academy, a fairly prestigious selective school that was founded by the Scarlet family a few decades ago.
>Though you would have been fine with simply attending the local public high school, Keine insisted that getting into Scarlet Academy would help you in the future and it wasn't as though you needed to study that much more than usual to get into the school.
>You are currently living by yourself in a relatively small city near Tokyo in a two-room apartment.
>Keine Kamishirasawa sends you an allowance every week to cover your rent and food.
>You have a part time job as an assistant at Kourindou, a strange store run by a strange man. You're not going to complain though: the pay is good, the work is easy, and the boss lets you work whenever you feel like it. Plus the store has a lot of interesting things to look at.
>You enjoy reading, particularly about ancient history. Keine may have influenced you in this regard.
>You've recently started playing a massively multiplayer online game called Touhou since everyone at your school seems to like it. You're not sure if you want to get into it though.
>Today is Friday, which means that you have to go to school. You've changed into your uniform, eaten your breakfast, and packed your bag. It takes you about fifteen minutes to walk to school.
>It is currently 8:15 AM. Roll call starts at 8:45 AM.

>_

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
Re: Tokiko Quest
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2014, 03:04:50 AM »
>Check new messages on TouhouMMO

edit:

>Collect login bonus

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2014, 03:08:55 AM »
>Check for any events in TouhouMMO

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2014, 03:12:41 AM »
>How far from the apartment is Scarlet Academy?
>Do we know any of our schoolmates?

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2014, 03:15:18 AM »
> How many of our schoolmates have mysteriously died of sadistic murders only a fox-lover could write about?
> Go to the auction house
> Buy up low cost items, place back on the auction house for double cost

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2014, 03:35:37 AM »
>Check new messages on TouhouMMO
>Collect login bonus
>Given that you've only created your account very recently, you haven't actually added anyone to your in-game contacts list yet.
>Since you do have some time to spare, you figure that you might as well log in to collect the daily attendance bonus in case you forget about it later.
>You return to your room, boot up your computer and wait.
>Once your computer finishes booting, you open Touhou and input your username and password to log on.
>You select your level 7 character and enter the world of Touhou to receive your free potions and EXP boost coupon.

>Check for any events in TouhouMMO
>While you're here, you might as well check what events are happening in Touhou.
>There are currently no ongoing events.
>You have heard your classmates talking about something interesting that was supposed to happen on Sunday.

>How far from the apartment is Scarlet Academy?
>Do we know any of our schoolmates?
>Scarlet Academy is about 1.5 kilometers away from your apartment, which equates to a fifteen minute walk.
>You would have to be pretty sad to not know any of your schoolmates yet.
>Firstly, attending your school are the infamous Scarlet sisters. You don't really know much about them other than the fact that their family is extremely rich.
>Everybody at your school also knows the three members of the student council: Reimu Hakurei, Marisa Kirisame, and Sanae Kochiya. These three were elected to the student council with virtually no opposition and have managed to come up with a great solution to every problem they've encountered. They also top the grade in every subject and are quite athletic. The rumors about their personalities though...
>In your class you are friends with Aya Shameimaru, Hatate Himekaidou, and Mystia Lorelei.
>You met Aya and Hatate at school and, while the two can be rather annoying at times with their obsessive need to photograph everything they see, mean quite well and helped you to adjust to the school when you first started.
>Mystia Lorelei has been a close friend of yours since childhood. She may not be the smartest student, but she gives everything her all. She also treats you to meals at her family's restaurant occasionally.
>Your other classmates include Koishi Komeiji, Lily White, Parsee Mizuhashi, Nitori Kawashiro, Nue Houjuu, Tenshi Hinanawi, and Tewi Inaba.

> How many of our schoolmates have mysteriously died of sadistic murders only a fox-lover could write about?
> Go to the auction house
> Buy up low cost items, place back on the auction house for double cost
>Unless some sort of horrific incident has occurred during the past 8 or so hours while you were sleeping, you don't think that any of your schoolmates have died.
>Unfortunately, your character has nowhere near enough funds to monopolize anything on the market.
>Not to mention a certain player running the Shrine Maiden class has already monopolized virtually every item on the market anyway, making it very hard for anyone else to get into the market.

>_

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #6 on: October 09, 2014, 04:01:01 AM »
>We're not top?! That has to change! Forget school, we're grinding!

UnendingEmpire

• Jack of all trades
  • Cultured Tastes Since 1994
« Reply #7 on: October 09, 2014, 04:03:50 AM »
>Does Mystia also play Touhou?  If so, check if she's online right now.
>Have we had breakfast yet?
>Do we have any in-game quests we can wrap up in the next fifteen minutes?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #8 on: October 09, 2014, 04:13:25 AM »
>We're not top?! That has to change! Forget school, we're grinding!
>It would be nice to see your name on the leaderboards... Though you would have to play a lot to even come close to the current leaders.
>You wonder what Keine would say about you skipping school to play video games. Not that she's actually here to tell you off if you decide to do this.

>Does Mystia also play Touhou?  If so, check if she's online right now.
>Have we had breakfast yet?
>Do we have any in-game quests we can wrap up in the next fifteen minutes?
>Mystia does not play Touhou as far as you know. She was always the type that was bad with technology.
>If you asked, Mystia would probably play Touhou with you. You get the feeling that you would have to make an alternate character for Mystia though, since she would probably end up leveling very slowly.
>You have already had your breakfast.
>If you start now, you could probably finish one of the more annoying beginner fetch quests. It gives some pretty nice equipment for your level, you just haven't done it because fetch quests are boring and you know that early equipment in MMOs tends to get replaced pretty quickly.

>_
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 04:16:56 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Conqueror

« Reply #9 on: October 09, 2014, 04:23:56 AM »
>How many sick days have we used up?
>Will we be missing anything useful in class if we suddenly catch a fever?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #10 on: October 09, 2014, 04:31:10 AM »
>How many sick days have we used up?
>Will we be missing anything useful in class if we suddenly catch a fever?
>You've missed one day of school so far this year
>Probably not. You could probably borrow Mystia's notes for the classes you would miss, you don't have any tests to sit for a while, and your next assignment is due in about two weeks.

>_

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #11 on: October 09, 2014, 04:41:47 AM »
>What time of the year is it?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #12 on: October 09, 2014, 04:47:00 AM »
>What time of the year is it?
>It is currently mid-Autumn, Summer break ended only a few weeks ago.

>_

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2014, 05:01:19 AM »
>It's Friday, what could possibly happen? Grind.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2014, 05:14:28 AM »
>It's Friday, what could possibly happen? Grind.
>Nothing happens on Fridays, right? It's not like you're falling behind on your studies and you don't have any tests or assignments to take care of. Taking one day off can't hurt, can it?
>You decide to move to one of the more popular training areas for beginners. Normally, you wouldn't be able to find a spot to grind here but given that everybody else should be either getting ready for or on the way to school by now, you find that the area is empty.
>You start grinding on the low level fairies that spawn on the outskirts of the Forest of Magic and quickly level to 8 in five minutes. Only two more levels until you can select a class to specialize in!
>As you grind, you are interrupted by your phone vibrating in your pocket.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #15 on: October 09, 2014, 07:31:29 AM »
>Check who it is. Answer if it's someone we don't want to avoid.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #16 on: October 09, 2014, 07:33:41 AM »
>Check who it is. Answer if it's someone we don't want to avoid.
>You check your phone and see from the caller ID that the person calling you is Mystia.
>Since you don't really have a reason to avoid her, you move your character to a safe zone answer the phone.
>"Hello, this is Mystia Lorelei speaking. May I please speak with Tokiko?"

>_
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 07:47:48 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Conqueror

« Reply #17 on: October 09, 2014, 07:37:23 AM »
>"Hey Mystia, it's me. What's up?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #18 on: October 09, 2014, 07:41:02 AM »
>"Hey Mystia, it's me. What's up?"
>"Oh, Tokiko, hello!"
>"I'm waiting at the park, did something happen? Are you sick? You're usually here by now."

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #19 on: October 09, 2014, 07:48:43 AM »
>"Uhhh, I'm going to be running a little late. I'm feeling a little dizzy, and I don't know if I'll make it. Can you go ahead without me?"

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2014, 07:55:07 AM »
>"Uhhh, I'm going to be running a little late. I'm feeling a little dizzy, and I don't know if I'll make it. Can you go ahead without me?"
>"Oh, are you okay? Do you want me to get you anything? Should I make a set of notes for you?"

>_
« Last Edit: October 09, 2014, 09:43:36 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2014, 01:25:15 PM »
I like how a stated "You're not sure you want to get into it though" has already turned into "skip school and lie to friends so you can grind". :V
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Conqueror

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2014, 08:02:50 PM »
>"Actually, I should be there soon, so it is fine if I just come over to your house later to copy any notes I missed?"
>(Just wanna pick my specialization before class starts...)

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2014, 08:12:04 PM »
>"Actually, I should be there soon, so it is fine if I just come over to your house later to copy any notes I missed?"
>(Just wanna pick my specialization before class starts...)
>"So it's nothing serious? That's a relief."
>"Sure thing."
>"Oh, actually, that depends on when you'll be coming over. I have to help out at the restaurant later today. Fridays are busy after all..."
>"Unless you want to come by the restaurant and copy my notes there? I'll treat you to dinner if you do."
>You're so close to being able to choose a class, you might as well get it done. In fact, while talking on the phone you started farming the fairies again with your free hand since there's virtually no risk of dying in such a low level area and reached level 9. Only one more level to go!

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2014, 05:30:03 AM »
>"Sounds great, I'll go over after school then. See you in a bit."
>Powergrind! We can still make it if we run like the wind, r-r-right?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2014, 05:36:59 AM »
>"Sounds great, I'll go over after school then. See you in a bit."
>Powergrind! We can still make it if we run like the wind, r-r-right?
>"Okay, make sure you're not overdoing it. Don't worry about taking the day off if you don't feel well."
>You grind! You beat the tar out of those fairies with your beginner sword and watch as your EXP bar fills up.
>As your EXP bar fills past 90%, you notice a new mark on your minimap. A rare monster has spawned! It looks like it's heading deeper into the forest!

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2014, 05:48:29 AM »
>Chase it!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2014, 06:33:44 AM »
>Chase it!
>Rather than grinding out that last 10%, killing this rare mob should be enough to get you the level!
>You ignore the fairies you had been slaughtering mercilessly for the past half hour and make your character start running towards the rare monster indicator on your minimap!
>The rare monster runs pretty fast, you're having trouble catching up to it.
>You chase the rare monster through the Forest of Magic, going deeper and deeper into the forest. You're pretty sure you're no longer in an area that's safe for someone of your level to be in.
>Eventually, the rare monster comes to a stop at a clearing. You take a look at it to see that it's a gold coloured slime.
>The slime doesn't seem too big, it probably doesn't even come up to your knees in terms of height.
>It seems the slime has yet to notice you, judging by how it is simply rolling around in the clearing.

>_
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 06:36:46 AM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2014, 06:51:02 AM »
>It's clearly a trap. Let's kill it!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2014, 07:16:40 AM »
>It's clearly a trap. Let's kill it!
>There's no reason for the slime to suddenly stop at a clearing just for you. It's probably plotting something.
>Not that you care. It's a slime. What's a slime going to do?
>You charge at the slime with reckless abandon.
>The slime freezes upon noticing you, maybe it really hadn't noticed you. Too late for regrets now though.
>You ready your sword and prepare to strike when the slime starts quivering.

>_