Author Topic: Tokiko Quest  (Read 95181 times)

PX

• School Idol?
Re: Tokiko Quest
« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2014, 09:08:18 AM »
>Quickly finish it off before it can do whatever it is trying to do!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #31 on: October 10, 2014, 09:39:30 AM »
>Quickly finish it off before it can do whatever it is trying to do!
>Whatever that slime is doing, it's probably not good for you.
>You decide to get in a pre-emptive strike!
>You swing your sword at the slime and feel it connect!
>However your sword seems to have no visible effect on the slime, which is now expanding rapidly.
>You take a few steps back as the slime increases in size.
>The slime is now larger than you.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #32 on: October 10, 2014, 09:54:23 AM »
>Skills.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2014, 09:59:38 AM »
> Crap. Any newbie helping items we can use to nuke it down?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #34 on: October 10, 2014, 10:05:18 AM »
>Skills.
>As a beginner, your skillset is somewhat limited. You currently have access to the following abilities:
>Attack: This is your basic attack.
>Scan: Given enough time, you can identify a monster's attributes and elemental properties. The amount of time required varies depending on the strength of the monster.
>Piercing Blow: You can charge a powerful strike that ignores a percentage of any monster's physical resistance. The percentage increases with your level.
>Quick Roll: You can roll in any direction to avoid incoming attacks. Cancels any current actions.
>Block: You can reduce any incoming damage by half. You cannot dodge attacks while blocking.

> Crap. Any newbie helping items we can use to nuke it down?
>You might have gotten yourself into some trouble.
>You still possess one beginner potion. This will temporarily increase your strength and fortitude.
>You also possess the free health potions you received from logging on earlier today.

>_

Failure McFailFace

• I'm h...a...p...p...y...
  • Impor
« Reply #35 on: October 10, 2014, 11:02:54 AM »
> Drink the beginner potion and use the Piercing Blow on the slime.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #36 on: October 10, 2014, 11:18:03 AM »
>Abuse piercing strike, but prioritize quick rolls. We'll wear this fucker down and not take a hit >=|

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #37 on: October 10, 2014, 11:24:42 AM »
> Drink the beginner potion and use the Piercing Blow on the slime.
>You decide to drink your beginner potion, reasoning that you're probably not going to get any better use out of it than getting out of the situation you're in now.
>You feel yourself growing stronger and begin charging your Piercing Blow.
>The slime takes this opportunity to begin rolling towards you. The slime is moving pretty slowly, thanks to its size, but is picking up speed quite quickly.
>When the slime is in front of you, you thrust forward with your sword, stabbing into the slime and stopping it in its tracks.

>Abuse piercing strike, but prioritize quick rolls. We'll wear this fucker down and not take a hit >=|
>Seeing as Piercing Blow seems to be quite effective against this monster you decide to use it exclusively, using Quick Roll whenever the slime gets too close to avoid taking damage while waiting for the cooldown to reset. Thank goodness the slime moves slowly, making it easy to react to its movements with Quick Roll.
>The third time you hit the slime with Piercing Blow, you feel your sword cut cleanly through the slime, splitting it into two pieces.
>You note that you have yet to receive any rewards or experience for defeating the slime yet.

>_

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #38 on: October 10, 2014, 11:28:44 AM »
>Rinse and repeat for both slimes. Expect them to be faster.
1cc Easy: DDC (all) | 1cc Normal: UFO (SanA autobomb),  DDC (ReiA, SakA) , LoLK (Sanae PD)| EX clears: DDC (MarB Ultra) | Puzzle Games: StB: 10-X, DS: Hatate unlock, ISC: All clear

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #39 on: October 10, 2014, 11:33:58 AM »
>Rinse and repeat for both slimes. Expect them to be faster.
>As you expect, the two halves of the slime begin to move. And, of course, they're much faster than before.
>You defeated the big one, the same general strategy has to apply to the smaller slimes, right?
>You begin to charge your Piercing Blow, only to have one of the slimes leap towards you!
>You Quick Roll to dodge that slime before charging your Piercing Blow again. However, the other slime leaps towards you this time, forcing you to Quick Roll again.
>You feel that you might have to change your strategy a bit, since it doesn't seem like you'll be able to get a hit in this way.

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #40 on: October 10, 2014, 12:44:50 PM »
>Block one, then attack it, then quick roll away from any counters.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2014, 01:17:38 PM »
>Block one, then attack it, then quick roll away from any counters.
>Since you can't seem to get in an attack while doing nothing but dodging, you decide to take on a different approach.
>Instead of dodging, you brace for a hit using your Block skill. While you do this, you begin charging your Piercing Blow again.
>One of the slimes charge at you and hit you. Your hit points drop by a small amount but you take this opportunity to unleash a counter attack!
>You strike the smaller slime that just hit you and watch as the slime loses its form on your sword and fall to the ground.
>Your EXP bar jumps up to 98%. One more slime to go!

>_

Hello Purvis

• Hello Jerry
« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2014, 01:25:34 PM »
>Let's do it one more time, then!

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2014, 01:54:08 PM »
>Let's do it one more time, then!
>There's no need to go out of your way to do anything fancy. The tried and tested method is best.
>You brace once more, charging your Piercing Blow, as the second slime charges towards you.
>You take another hit but ignore the damage you take to strike the other slime with your sword!
>The slime explodes as your sword runs through it, causing pieces of gold to fly everywhere!
>The slime also drops a shining ring that falls to the ground.
>You hear some small fanfare as you progress to level 10!
>You can now choose a class!
>In Touhou, there are several classes to choose from:
>There is the Swordsman class, your basic human warrior. They fight from close range using swords and offer a good balance between offence and defence.
>Another is the Magician class, a ranged fighter that relies more on brains rather than brawn. Magicians are able to large amounts of single target and area of effect damage but have low health and defence. Most spells also need to be channelled before they can be cast.
>You could also choose to become the Marksman class, an agile fighter that can engage targets from both short and long distances. Like magicians, they are lacking in the health and defence departments but make up for it with large amounts of mobility and single target damage.
>The trade orientated Merchant class is another option that you can choose from. Unexceptional in combat, their true strength lies in their ability to craft items and utilize advanced trade options.
>Alternatively, Touhou also offers you the option of throwing away your humanity to transform into a Youkai. As a Youkai, you would enjoy greatly increased stats, increased regeneration, increased damage tolerance,  in exchange for the ability to interact with most human characters. There is some variance in the type of Youkai you become based on your actions up to when you became a Youkai.
>There are still more classes, such as the overpowered Shrine Maiden class, but you either do not know how to unlock these classes or creation of these classes have been locked by the game's administrators.

>_
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:47:16 PM by Dormio Ergo Sum »

Failure McFailFace

• Impor
« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2014, 03:08:48 PM »
Now that we're level 10...

>Check the time.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2014, 04:02:15 PM »
> True strength lies in what? Stupid admins, fix your damn text

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #46 on: October 10, 2014, 07:44:27 PM »
>Is our character male? Should we have access to the Swordswoman and Markswoman classes?
[9:49:09] <Purvis> Generally not, but your mother may be an exception.

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #47 on: October 10, 2014, 07:51:28 PM »
Shrine maiden or bust
>Make note to ask around at schol about how to be the best.
>Run to class. Fly, you fool!

Edit:>》 take loot before leaving
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 07:57:58 PM by Conqueror »

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #48 on: October 10, 2014, 08:12:44 PM »
>Grab loot, log out.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #49 on: October 10, 2014, 08:13:43 PM »
>Check the time.
>Now that you're level 10, you quickly take a look at the time.
>Hopefully you haven't spent too much time on the computer...
>It is currently 9:35 AM.

> True strength lies in what? Stupid admins, fix your damn text
>As a valued customer, what you think is important to us. By giving us your feedback, you are helping us to understand what we do well, and what we need to focus on improving. The issue(s) you have you raised have been addressed. Thank you for providing us with your feedback.

>Is our character male? Should we have access to the Swordswoman and Markswoman classes?
>Your character is female.
>The generic class descriptions in this game seem to use male pronouns for the most part. The female pronoun for any class should show up in your stats page once you choose to pursue it.

>Make note to ask around at school about how to be the best.
>Run to class. Fly, you fool!
>Take loot before leaving
>Grab loot, log out.
>Since Touhou is pretty popular at your school, someone has got to know how to unlock the Shrine Maiden class, right?
>Speaking of school, you should probably start making your way to it.
>Of course, you aren't going to simply leave the loot you've earned before you do so.
>You quickly pick up the gold pieces that were scattered all over the area before approaching the ring.
>The ring appears to be made out of a dull, grey material and yet it somehow manages to radiate in the middle of the day.
>You pick up the ring and open up your inventory to take a quick look at what it is.
>You cannot find any new rings in your inventory.
>You wonder if the game bugged out or something.
Code: [Select]
<1III11lllI> I see you've picked up my rin->Well, you don't have time to worry about that now. You need to get to school, fast.
>You log out of Touhou immediately and shut off your computer. You get the feeling that you might have missed a message of some sort, but it probably isn't important.
>Without waiting for your computer to finish shutting down, you grab your bag and begin running!
>Since you're late, you don't really have the time to look at much of your surroundings as you run to school.
>About 10 minutes of running later, you find yourself out of breath and in front of the school gates. They're locked.

>_

O4rfish

• something seems fishy
  • paranoia 4 lyfe
    • Ask an Oarfish!
« Reply #50 on: October 10, 2014, 08:43:21 PM »
>We have wings, right? Fly over the gates.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #51 on: October 10, 2014, 08:45:09 PM »
>We have wings, right? Fly over the gates.
>Wings? Why would you have wings? You're just an ordinary high school student.

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #52 on: October 10, 2014, 08:47:11 PM »
>shuffle and moan outside the gates until someone notices
>actually, just call mysty

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #53 on: October 10, 2014, 08:54:28 PM »
>shuffle and moan outside the gates until someone notices
>actually, just call mysty
>You kind of shuffle around awkwardly, mumbling random words of complaint outside the gates in the hopes that someone will notice you.
>Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be anyone around since everybody should be in class right now. The end of the first period should be coming up soon though.
>You decide to give Mystia a call for the time being.
>You wait for a few moments for Mystia to pick up.
>When she does, you hear Mystia's voice repeating "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" with the angry voice of your science teacher, Iku Nagae, and the giggles of other students in the background.
>You hear the sound of a door closing through your phone's speakers before Mystia begins speaking.
>"Hello?"

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #54 on: October 11, 2014, 09:08:47 PM »
>"Hey, it's me, Margaret Tokiko. Can you open the gate for me?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #55 on: October 11, 2014, 09:17:27 PM »
>"Hey, it's me, Margaret Tokiko. Can you open the gate for me?
>"Tokiko, you made it. Does that mean you're feeling okay?"
>"You could have waited until the end of the period to call me though, Ms. Nagae was pretty angry..."
>"Oh, right, they started locking the gate after those incidents, didn't they?"
>"I'll ask Ms. Nagae if she can unlock the gate at the end of the period. Just wait a bit."
>"I should probably get back in class before the period ends..."

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #56 on: October 11, 2014, 09:20:30 PM »
>"I'm a little lightheaded but I'll be fine I think."
>"Oh, okay. I'll talk to you in a bit then; you should get back to class."
>Recall what happened with the incidents.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #57 on: October 11, 2014, 09:36:01 PM »
>"I'm a little lightheaded but I'll be fine I think."
>"Oh, okay. I'll talk to you in a bit then; you should get back to class."
>Recall what happened with the incidents.
>"That's a relief."
>"Okay, I'll see you soon."
>Mystia hangs up, leaving you waiting outside the gates once more.
>A few months ago, roughly 10 high school students simply disappeared on the way home from school.
>One of these students, you believe Rin Kaenbyou was her name, attended a school in your area.
>The students reappeared about a week later with no recollection of what they had been doing, or even any idea that they had actually been missing.
>Because of this the schools in your district had a crackdown on security and you were forced to listen to far too many lectures warning you about stranger danger and the like.
>Your thoughts are interrupted by the sound of bells ringing throughout the school.
>About a minute later, you see Mystia walking out of the school building with your science teacher.
>Mystia has her head down as Ms. Nagae seems to be lecturing her about something as they walk towards you.
>Once they reach the gate, Ms. Nagae gives you a frown.
>"You don't look like you were sick to me."

>_

Conqueror

« Reply #58 on: October 11, 2014, 09:39:47 PM »
>"I'm sorry for being late, Miss Nagae."
>"I felt better after lying down and drinking some water. I think it was something I ate last night."

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #59 on: October 11, 2014, 09:43:54 PM »
>"I'm sorry for being late, Miss Nagae."
>"I felt better after lying down and drinking some water. I think it was something I ate last night."
>"I see... Just don't let it happen again."
>She doesn't look like she's convinced, but seems to be letting it go.
>You watch as Ms. Nagae moves to an electronic panel at the side of the gate, swipes her card, and pushes a few buttons before the gate opens to let you in.

>_