Author Topic: Touhou Project 12.5 - ダブルスポイラー ~ Double Spoiler. A spoiling article, ayaya  (Read 148205 times)

Formless God

Agreed. DS has a lot of pretty patterns and many of them are downright creative.
Though I still miss spells like Life of Drunk, Vision of Death and Tongue of Wolf. Maybe I'm just fond of massive bullet density :<

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
Those who missed that whole LIVE event on Nico, they started uploading some of them.

http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm10035481 Part 1, after it ends it jumps to Part 2. I dunno if there'll be more.

It's amusing how bad the players are, and seeing how ZUN laughs on them.

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
I'll tell you what. If I had ZUN standing over my shoulder, watching me play the new game he'd released that day? Yeah, I'd probably screw up a lot, too.

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Maiden Synnae ミ☆

• Wizard Maiden
  • ★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆★☆
Is it just me or the scenes on level 10 are MUCH harder than the ones in level 11 and 12?

Anyway, I cleared 43 scenes already... this game is obviously harder than STB. And scenes 6-3, 11-3 shows that Touhou can be difficult without danmaku.

Sweetness and love~ ♥

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
Man, seeing everyone gush over DS makes me want to play it over Spring Break now. It looks like it'll be well worth the wait. :3

Though I am worried that it'll be much harder than StB and it will kick my ass to Hakugyokurou and back. :ohdear:

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
It's start to be really hard for me after 7-7, but Unlocked EX, EX-1 is ridiculous(ly easy), but Frog Nuke WTH ?
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Matsuri

Man, seeing everyone gush over DS makes me want to play it over Spring Break now. It looks like it'll be well worth the wait. :3

Though I am worried that it'll be much harder than StB and it will kick my ass to Hakugyokurou and back. :ohdear:
On the bright side, it's incredibly easy to get up to stage 12.

Slaves

• uHHH,
  • uHHHHHHHHHH,,,
So will I, for opposite reasons. ZUN is progressively switching to using only additive blended bullets (they turn bright white when clumped together), which means that they're hard to see when there are many in one place at a time. Player shot types that use additive blended bullets (lasers, for example) will have a particularly hard time distinguishing between bullets, since even their own contribute to the mess. It's not very fun when you're trying to micrododge and your own bullets are blocking your view. Using laser Marisa is getting less and less rewarding every new game ZUN makes :<

That said, they're still damn pretty.

yeah, i guess that's kind of crappy.

so, instead of making patterns impossible through speed and clusterfuck like other shmups, ZUN makes it impossible through graphics and clusterfuck.

i really, really, really hope he does something like Satori's 9-7(i think? the one with the green exploding bullets) card in Touhou 13. it was one of the best things he's ever done.

DgBarca

• Umineko fuck yeah
  • Spoilers ?
Glowing bullets make EX-3 completely unreadable.
[21:16] <redacted> dgbarca makes great work
[21:16] <redacted> i hope he'll make a full game once

Drake

EX-3 depends almost entirely on your reading ability. Same skills as 7-2.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
And I've gotten to the point where everything is luck or stupid or curvy lasers, so I think I'm done with DS.

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson

Ghaleon

• Long twintail-o-holic
So will I, for opposite reasons. ZUN is progressively switching to using only additive blended bullets (they turn bright white when clumped together), which means that they're hard to see when there are many in one place at a time. Player shot types that use additive blended bullets (lasers, for example) will have a particularly hard time distinguishing between bullets, since even their own contribute to the mess. It's not very fun when you're trying to micrododge and your own bullets are blocking your view. Using laser Marisa is getting less and less rewarding every new game ZUN makes :<

That said, they're still damn pretty.

Sorry but I think your Marisa laser comment is full of dung. Laser Marisa has always been relatively useless during the whole series *EXCEPT* UFO IMO..Maybe MoF, but I don't know because of the whole bug thing.

But anyway, in EoSD she sucks cuz her power sucks, and her bomb power is pretty much a moot point. PCB it was god-awful at gaining cherry power compared to christmas tree marisa. In both PCB and EoSD, the piercing quality of lasers is pretty unimportant since most enemies die in 1 hit in those games, and those that don't typically aren't in the way of others that do. No comment for IN since the laser is actually Alice, and was only good during a bug... The pierce ability was more important then IMO though.

But anyway in UFO I found it to be her best laser-form ever. The focus mode actually focused very well, the piercing ability was HEAPS more important. Lots of beefier fairies in UFO than in previous Touhous, in addition, the UFOs would frequently be hard to kill in time for those who aren't super-experts when it's flooded with the said beefy fairies, Marisa laser had no problems with that. In addition she got her powerful bomb back (from MoF/SA I mean).

I honestly think Laser Marisa competes for being one of the best shottypes in the game for UFO.

Though for some reason it really fails at killing Nue's UFOS, not sure why. Oh yeah, and the lasers are always on.

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr
I can say EX-7 is one of the easiest cards in the entire second half of the game - easy to figure out, and even easier to pull off once you have its (very simple) trick figured out.

For you maybe. I ended clearing EX-1, 3, and 4 as my three. EX-3 was a trip, eech.

Fighting Murasa with Laser Mari was a nightmare. Her options look exactly the same as most of her bullets, completely throwing off my dodging sense.

Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Bananamatic

Though for some reason it really fails at killing Nue's UFOS, not sure why. Oh yeah, and the lasers are always on.
Marisa is god tier at the UFO cards.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Marisa is god tier at the UFO cards.
When I use Laser Marisa, Red UFO becomes "hold shift to focus" easy, Blue is easier, and Rainbow is doable. For Green, it buys me some more dodging space since one UFO usually dies fairly fast.

Anyway, for those people who've finished (or nearly finished) every scene in DS already; well, now you can do them
Spoiler:
with Hatate
  :V

Several cards get a lot harder, or nearly impossible, due to the lower range >:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

P♂ zeal

• Haha,
  • old chap
For you maybe. I ended clearing EX-1, 3, and 4 as my three. EX-3 was a trip, eech.
I cleared 2,3, and 4 as my three, personally. I liked how EX-4 felt like
Spoiler:
a sealing circle designed especially to react to cameras

MarisA is my main when I feel like playing UFO. ReimuB and SanaeB are the other ones I'll play. Pretty much all the others I find completely useless. Piercing is better than ReimuA, so what if the bomb is worse. Homing is a lot better in UFO's BS stages, and Spread is good for UFO's BS stages.

Of course MarisA leads to clipdeath power loss and rage. The other shottypes less so, but it happens.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
I thought those additive blended bullets were used in Byakuren's card, superhuman Byakuren. Or were those resized glowing bullets ?

Nobu

• Serendipitous Youkai
  • i post while naked
    • My Tumblr

I just beat EX and Spoiler stage and unlocked
Spoiler:
MYSTERY TENGU X
, and I can't even GET to EX difficulty in StB 1. Sooo.. you might not have anything to worry about.
Tumblr (sometimes NSFW) | PM for Facebook

Solais

• Developer fairy
  • is working for a game developer now.
9-7 raped me and my unborn children, broke my keyboard and aged me by 50 years. After 4 hours of trying without a break, I still can't do it. And I still need 3 cards for Ex.

9-7 raped me and my unborn children, broke my keyboard and aged me by 50 years. After 4 hours of trying without a break, I still can't do it. And I still need 3 cards for Ex.

If I remember well, the cards I had to unlock for Ex:

Everything from scene 1 to 6
-7> 2, 4, 5 and 6
-8> 3 and 5
-9> 3
-10 > 3
-11 > 5
-12 > I did it with 1, but 2 is hella easy too~

Bananamatic

9-7 raped me and my unborn children, broke my keyboard and aged me by 50 years. After 4 hours of trying without a break, I still can't do it.
:smug:

Photos like these are just practice, so I, like, throw them away afterward.
So much rice she, like, throws it away.
Striking the trees with a heavy stroke, she, like, hid in the leaves.
...does she really speak like this?

I, like, hope she does. That would be, like, awesome.

Does she say "Whatever" in any of her comments?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Oh my god Hatate is a preppie
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

I mean like, wild festivals are totally awesome, right?
Autumn is like, so depressing.
:ohdear:

Nat Tea

• ★三 ☆三 ★三 ☆三 ★三
  • 三☆ 三★ 三☆ 三★ 三☆
Oh my god Hatate is a preppie
THIS IS THE WORST THING TO HAPPEN TO ME EVER

FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Spoiler:
RUROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
Spoiler:
Horie dorie~
Pixiv: http://pixiv.me/choja / PSO2: Choja (Ship5) / 3DS: 3496-9942-9472 / PSVITA: choja206 (English) / chojahiragawajpn (Japanese) / Cosplays: Koishi Komeiji, Kogasa Tatara
Tumblr contains cooking and cosplay. Twitter contains me retweeting everything.
I draw but I do not use artist title. I also write, but I have been inactive lately. I want to get better at those things and more!

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
If that's really how Hatate speaks, she is instantly better than Aya could ever hope to be. If you're going to be a slimy news reporter, at least, like, put some sass into it, y'know?

I do note that her dialogue with Aya is lacking the prep speak though. Perhaps it's all translation issues?
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Also
Quote from: Aya
Ooh, so scary
KIMEMARU IS CANON