Author Topic: Let's Tour MotK Fanworks Listing - Now Complete! Second post: Library Catalogue  (Read 257474 times)

Dead Princess Sakana

• E is for Elodie, who swims with the fishes.
Re: Let's Tour MotK Fanworks Listing - Now Accepting Summaries!
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2010, 09:24:23 PM »
Oh, look at all that green~

List updated once again with summarized works.

Alfred F. Jones

• Estamos orgullosos del Batall?n Lincoln
  • y de la lucha que hizo por Madrid
« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2010, 11:34:39 PM »
Someone remind me to list which numbers haven't been summarized yet so that I know who to send out threatening PMs to.

EDIT: Unsummarized works so far.

35 total.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2010, 07:07:30 AM »
so that I know who to send out threatening PMs to.
I dunno, how do you plan on doing that when I'm the only one who knows all the assignment lists?  :V

Anyway, Esifex reported in, list is being updated.

EDIT: #099 added
« Last Edit: February 07, 2010, 11:31:03 AM by Moe Moe Sakana-Katana »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2010, 03:05:38 AM »

Iron Finger Librarian Avater, DISMISSED.

Hope y'all like the new, pre-emptive birthday avatar I picked.

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #94 on: February 08, 2010, 08:41:07 AM »
Hope y'all like the new, pre-emptive birthday avatar I picked.
Bad Apple Shadow Art is always good.

And to not fall behind, I have prepared something as well, even if Ruro's birthday is still a bit away.

I'll leave it up to Ruro to chose which one of those shall be my next avatar:
[size=8]VS[/size]

(Excuse the stray pixel on the first image. I have no idea where it comes from as it only appears after I upload the image, but doesn't exist when I try to erase it >_<

And now back to topic with an important notice:

One of the summarizers had problems with four of his works and has asked if someone else can take them.
So here are the works in question which are now free for everyone to take:

Name:      Welcome, to My Delusion
Author:   Zer0Axiom
Length:   Short

Name:      The Twilight Spark Zone
Author:   Stein
Length:   Long

Name:      Touhou Kuroneko ~ The Black Cat from the Outside World
Author:   [K] Merlin Prismriver
Length:   Medium

Name:      Rou's Random Shorts
Author:   Roukanken
Length:   Long, contains a lot of small works

Ruro has already implied that she will probably take Touhou Kuroneko.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #95 on: February 08, 2010, 06:54:35 PM »
What Sakana said: Shikieiki had the most awesome appearance in the Bad Apple shadow art video. Yuka was a close second.

I choose the first avatar: It's cuter and adorable and I love it. :3 (But why do all of your avatars have a fish in it?)

I'll take Kuroneko and Random Shorts, myself. I've still got Apocalypse Awakening and Thought's End to get around to doing, but I've read Kuroneko already and I want to enjoy more of Rou's short stories, so \o\

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #96 on: February 08, 2010, 07:02:31 PM »
I choose the first avatar: It's cuter and adorable and I love it. :3 (But why do all of your avatars have a fish in it?)
It shall be done. Right now, that is, because I like it a lot as well :3

As for the fish: That's me, more or less. And I plan to use it in every avatar I'll have in the future. Look up Sakana in a Japanese dictionary and be surprised :3
That combined with my first IRC session led to the creation of the Fish-Sword.

Also, I guess I'll have a look at 'Welcome, to my Delusion'. I can do a short work right now.

That means Twilight Spark Zone is still open.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #97 on: February 08, 2010, 07:51:02 PM »
One hundred total fanworks.

One hundred total fanworks.

I propose the project name A Hundred and One Kaleidoscopic Nights when the inevitable #101 pops up. >_>

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #98 on: February 09, 2010, 01:10:23 AM »
I have an unfinished but started story I could post - be my first sojourn into the short story realm. Don't make me do it.

« Reply #99 on: February 09, 2010, 01:13:22 AM »
I have an unfinished but started story I could post - be my first sojourn into the short story realm. Don't make me do it.

don't do it I want to be the 101st
Even with a good idea, I can't seem to write it >_>;

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #100 on: February 09, 2010, 01:23:29 AM »
A 101 chapter fic? For god's sake, Rawro!

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2010, 01:25:48 AM »
A 101 chapter fic? For god's sake, Rawro!
I dont think that's what she meant <:3c

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2010, 02:14:21 AM »
I dont think that's what she meant <:3c

Well, look at it this way: It might happen anyway, at the rate White Rose is going! =D I still need to divide that thing up into actual chapters. I stopped caring about chapter divisions a while ago. Technically, I'm still on the first chapter. -_-

List updated with work #101. Grats, Theorin!

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2010, 03:32:23 AM »
My short story was my attempt to be silly, but it's just too unfunny. I may post it, or, if someone else wants to take it over and see if they can salvage it, I'll send it to 'em.

Until then, I'm going to continue with Everlasting Wanderers and its inevitably epic-length storyline.

« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2010, 04:50:17 AM »
Wait so are the reviews being posted as they are finished and I just can't find them or are you waiting until they're all done?

Also I should really write something myself

<:3c nyoron~

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #105 on: February 09, 2010, 06:57:20 AM »
Wait so are the reviews being posted as they are finished and I just can't find them or are you waiting until they're all done?
We should really write that down in big letters somewhere, so people won't be confused anymore:

The reviews will be posted once they're all done and quality-checked. That will still take a while, so wait warmly~

Oh, and congrats on work #101, Moerin~

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #106 on: February 09, 2010, 01:36:47 PM »
Okay, so chief Zucchima is working on making Ijiatsu an MotK-wide project now. Since I support this development, here's some notes concerning us librarians and our work:

-Ijiatsu work that may pop up in the future should either get an 'Ijiatsu'-genre, or maybe someday even a separate category (depending on how much it will become)

-Roukanken: To make a good start, how about you take your Ijiatsu-short-stories and give them a thread here in the library?

-Lastly, I'm tempted to make our Librarian Squad part of the Ijiatsu world, if noone minds. We could work on an Ijiatsu-depiction of our group together and make it a short-story or something. It sounds fun~

EDIT: And here we go. First Ijiatsu work by TranceHime, work #102 on our list. I'll add an extra section for Iji-works on the list for now.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2010, 03:40:44 PM by Moe Moe Sakana-Katana »

Tengukami

• Breaking news. Any season.
  • I said, with a posed look.
« Reply #107 on: February 09, 2010, 07:54:04 PM »
Guess what: I have another question!

I was thinking - being able to post our writing, and read the works of others in one forum, is really fantastic. And I'm really impressed with the hard work you librarians are taking up in cataloguing everything so neatly.

But what I'm wondering is, how about a general fiction discussion thread? You know, the kind of thread where we talk about influences, sources of inspiration, writing methods, work habits and so on.

I think it would be a great way for the community to gel, for newer writers to get tips from older ones, and for everyone to get turned on to writers and processes we never heard of.

What say ye?

"Human history and growth are both linked closely to strife. Without conflict, humanity would have no impetus for growth. When humans are satisfied with their present condition, they may as well give up on life."

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #108 on: February 09, 2010, 09:26:16 PM »
Alrighty, three updates:

- First of all, new work by Tengukami added

- Second, Ijiatsu works are numbered with #IJI- for now, to prevent confusion in the counting

- Third, the library now has 'Koakuma's Writer's Parlour' as a general discussion thread, enjoy it~

« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2010, 12:35:15 AM »
-Lastly, I'm tempted to make our Librarian Squad part of the Ijiatsu world, if noone minds. We could work on an Ijiatsu-depiction of our group together and make it a short-story or something. It sounds fun~

I really like this idea!

Unfortunately I really don't know what to do for an Ijiatsu avatar. Do I just draw myself as a frilly loli with a silly hat? :V

EDIT: Ewww, ugly white dots in my avatar.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 01:27:39 AM by SenSageUn »

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #110 on: February 10, 2010, 12:59:01 AM »
'nother question: what if I can't draw for shit?

First question: ......what's Ijiatsu?

Moerin

• What's punk? It's an explosion of suppressed dissatisfaction.
  • It's the roar of the soul!
« Reply #112 on: February 10, 2010, 01:05:45 AM »
It has the best final boss ever~

Also, drawing ability is not really necessary, as Ijiyatsus aren't usually designed by the person they represent.
The solution to all of life's problems!

#1 Rin Satsuki Fan~♥
"For hearts long lost and full of fright, for those alone in blackest night, accept our ring and join our fight... Love Conquers All -  with violet light!"

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #113 on: February 10, 2010, 01:13:09 AM »
But what I'm wondering is, how about a general fiction discussion thread? You know, the kind of thread where we talk about influences, sources of inspiration, writing methods, work habits and so on.

I think it would be a great way for the community to gel, for newer writers to get tips from older ones, and for everyone to get turned on to writers and processes we never heard of.

What say ye?

That was a really awesome idea =D Now that fiction has been split off into its own board, we can afford to do that, it'd be excellent. The only objection off the top of my head is that it might lessen reader response posts in the fiction threads themselves, but it doesn't have to be that way. Hmm, now I'm getting to thinking.

EDIT: Oh, and now I see that it exists. I'm too sleepy to be doing this. =_=

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #114 on: February 10, 2010, 01:15:09 AM »
http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php?topic=2455.0

Very yes. The librarians begin to write up a massive story to inspire a growth in intelligence, to fight the Idiot Energy. Unfortunately it has the opposite effect by somehow killing brain cells.

Master-mind would be Moe Moe Sakana Katana, who insists on using a fish instead of a pen to write.

Alfred F. Jones

« Reply #115 on: February 10, 2010, 01:48:18 AM »
Master-mind would be Moe Moe Sakana Katana, who insists on using a fish instead of a pen to write.

Oh great, now you've reminded me of Kenji from School Rumble and his swordfish pen >:|

Chaore

« Reply #116 on: February 10, 2010, 01:51:04 AM »
Very yes. The librarians begin to write up a massive story to inspire a growth in intelligence, to fight the Idiot Energy. Unfortunately it has the opposite effect by somehow killing brain cells.

I'm not sure this would be the message you guys would want to send... :V

Anyway, I take it the list is currently up to date on what is summarized and not?

I've got a full day to burn by reading crap tommorow.

Esifex

• Though the sun may set
  • It shall rise again
« Reply #117 on: February 10, 2010, 04:43:00 AM »
CHAOS, if you want to take Mystic Mutation and The Case Files of Reimu Hakurei from me, I'd be much obliged.

The first ... anniversary? of my grandfathers passing is this Friday, which I'll be working, then probably drowning myself in World of Warcraft, and the Thursday before I'll be off from work but probably visiting him.

In either case, I'm gonna be too mentally screwed up to read and summarize anything for ... probably the rest of the week. I really miss him, and it still tears me up to think about Granpa.

Chaore

« Reply #118 on: February 10, 2010, 05:57:51 AM »
CHAOS, if you want to take Mystic Mutation and The Case Files of Reimu Hakurei from me, I'd be much obliged.

The first ... anniversary? of my grandfathers passing is this Friday, which I'll be working, then probably drowning myself in World of Warcraft, and the Thursday before I'll be off from work but probably visiting him.

In either case, I'm gonna be too mentally screwed up to read and summarize anything for ... probably the rest of the week. I really miss him, and it still tears me up to think about Granpa.

Consider me on it. You try and have a better week than you're expecting.

They'll be done before the snow stops over here. (Unless the damn snow stops early...)

Dead Princess Sakana

« Reply #119 on: February 10, 2010, 07:24:36 AM »
Chaos: I always keep the list updated with finished summaries as soon as I ca after I receive them, so if something is not green and is in the 'unassigned works' section, then you can take it. Or you just take work from fellow librarians like Esifex ^^

Esifex: Take a rest for now, sounds like you have some hard days ahead of you.

As for Ijiatsu-Librarians: We don't need to draw anything. If someone of us can do it, nice, otherwise we'll just write about ourselves until we threaten impress one of the artists enough to draw us.

My first thoughts were this: The Librarian Squad is a group devoted to gathering all written works in the world of Ijiatsu into their library. To do that, they roam the land day and night in search of new works and don't even hesitate to break into someone's house if he has written something. If you write something in Ijiatsukai, you should always make a copy, because no matter how well you try to hide it, the Librarians will find it and take it for their collection.
In their daily life, the Librarians consist of members of different species and statuses. There are some powerful members that fight in the 'Incident', for example Ruro and Rou, while others are just normal humans/ youkai/ werefish.

We could have a lot of fun with writing about how everyone became a member of the Librarians, and how the Squad came into existance in the first place.
What Esifex suggested about the Librarians writing to boost intelligence, that might be a way we can link our group to the events of the 'Incident' (it could also be that this is how the Librarians' try to support Ruro and Rou, who are fighting the idiocy actively).

And lastly: #103 added to the list

EDIT: Copyright reported in. List updated again. So much green~

More EDIT: The stupid guy with the fish couldn't hold back on the self-insert-fest, so we have a new Ijiyatsu-entry on the list as well (>_<)

Even More EDIT: Two more greens added thanks to Chaos~
« Last Edit: February 10, 2010, 06:29:58 PM by Moe Moe Sakana-Katana »