Author Topic: Overwatch Thread: UPRISING PvE, HotS Promotional Event 2.0, and New D.VA Skin!  (Read 102620 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Overwatch Thread: The Cavalry's Here - Now Live/Rolling Out!
« Reply #180 on: July 12, 2016, 06:21:00 PM »
This has to be the best, and I mean THE best, Reinhardt Highlight of the century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd9R-jwMGaw

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #181 on: July 12, 2016, 06:36:08 PM »
Patch nooootes!

EDIT : Disregard, everything's here. https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/blog/20178523#patchnotes
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:16:09 PM by Spotty Len »

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #182 on: July 12, 2016, 11:47:46 PM »
New Heroes is...Sniper Support!?

Edit: the other update in PTR patch note also very interesting too include chaging in competitive mode and D.Va buff
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 11:51:43 PM by Buggy »

Two sides of the coin

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #183 on: July 13, 2016, 08:26:38 AM »
Ana is cool as hell.

I'm a little sad they uploaded a gameplay trailer with her in places she can't actually get to though, since she doesn't have Widow's or Hanzo's mobility.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #184 on: July 13, 2016, 08:53:35 AM »
i did my placements

got placed in 62

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

AzyWng

• "I was a dumb American in a place where dumb Americans were less popular than the clap."
  • "So this was it. My easy retirement."
« Reply #185 on: July 13, 2016, 12:05:50 PM »
Hey, I don't really play the game (I'm only interested in what I can get for free), but....

I just thought you'd want to listen to this.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #186 on: July 13, 2016, 01:11:07 PM »
D.Va

Defense Matrix
Cooldown decreased from 10 seconds to 1 second
A new resource meter has been added. This meter will deplete while Defense Matrix is active and then recharge when it?s not in use.
Defense Matrix takes 10 seconds to reach full charge from empty
At a full charge, Defense Matrix will last for 4 seconds
Defense Matrix will now remain active as long as its assigned hotkey is held
Defense Matrix has been reclassified as an alternate fire and is now bound to RMB (by default)
An option to ?Toggle Defense Matrix? has been added under Options > Controls > D.Va
Self-Destruct
Ultimate cost decreased by 15%
Explosion delay reduced from 4 seconds to 3 seconds
Explosion no longer damages D.Va (the player who activates it)

:* :* :* :* :* :* :*

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #187 on: July 13, 2016, 01:26:08 PM »
The quicker explosion means you won't be able to do many of those awesome 3-pointers with her, so as far as I'm concerned it's a nerf. :V

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #188 on: July 13, 2016, 01:37:29 PM »
Now D.va Shields is feel similar like ReinHart Shield which for me make her more tanky

and Ultimate cost reductions mean More Explosion!!!

Two sides of the coin

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #189 on: July 13, 2016, 03:33:18 PM »
The quicker explosion means you won't be able to do many of those awesome 3-pointers with her, so as far as I'm concerned it's a nerf. :V
Slam dunk D.Va :V I did those too.

Now D.va Shields is feel similar like ReinHart Shield which for me make her more tanky
Feels yes, but but keep in mind there is a 1s cooldown (similar to Mercy's jump to hero skill). So toggling it on/off is not going to happen. Expecting the cooldown to begin once you turn it off, otherwise it would make no sense and be pretty broken.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 03:35:00 PM by Helepolis »

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #190 on: July 13, 2016, 05:08:18 PM »
Feels yes, but but keep in mind there is a 1s cooldown (similar to Mercy's jump to hero skill). So toggling it on/off is not going to happen. Expecting the cooldown to begin once you turn it off, otherwise it would make no sense and be pretty broken.

Not sure about toogle shield that but according to PTR patch note they said  they have An option to “Toggle Defense Matrix” has been added under Options > Controls > D.Va so..will count as toggling on/off option ?
and also her shield now have resource meter  and meter will decline when defense matrix active ( duration 4 seconds)
and take 10 seconds to recharge into full charge again so ... don't worry about she can toggle shield as she want like ReinHart ( which will broken like you said)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 05:15:15 PM by Buggy »

Two sides of the coin

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #191 on: July 13, 2016, 09:40:50 PM »

The quicker explosion means they can't get to safety as fast, and I don't need to, so I can kill those who stay and ping the cowards.

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #192 on: July 14, 2016, 11:53:17 PM »
Danbooru warning:
[nsfw]http://danbooru.donmai.us/posts/2420623[/nsfw]

Spoiler:
Mercy: "Worth!"

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #193 on: July 17, 2016, 06:23:19 PM »
Finally pushed through the last of my preliminary competitive rounds.

Win: 7
Loss: 3

Notes:
Every time we won, I played Mercy
Every time we lost, I wasn't playing Mercy, and the team was a bunch of toxic shitbags

i wonder if there is a correlation here

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #194 on: July 18, 2016, 12:23:39 PM »
Nice ranking. And yep, similar experience. Play support / tank  > get ok gaming experience. Play not support / tank > have people who don't commit.

Though what else is new in serious business gaming. The only way to avoid this bullshit is to form a 6-person team, play together A LOT and git gud that way. At least then you don't have to pray to the Match Making Goddess to give you a sensible player who tries his/her best.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2016, 12:35:09 PM by Helepolis »

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #195 on: July 18, 2016, 02:59:36 PM »
strangly I mostly found in compettitive people who instanlock support and tank but mostly they are really bad such as tank go too fast and die first or support not heal team and they end up by change other hero instead

may be Blizzard hate me so much 

Two sides of the coin

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #196 on: July 19, 2016, 05:53:14 AM »
Wow, this matchmaking. My side (including me) is single digit levels. My opponents? There a level 97 on their team, and none of them are below level 20.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #197 on: July 19, 2016, 07:04:20 PM »
Comp has been quite a ride. Placed at 47, sank to 42, and shot back up well into the 50s mainly playing supports and Zarya. Kinda stuck at 58 for now, but since I suck at shooters in the first place, I'm fine with this.

Wow, this matchmaking. My side (including me) is single digit levels. My opponents? There a level 97 on their team, and none of them are below level 20.

MMR is independent of level; one can be level 300+ and still be very mediocre at the game despite playing so much. I do agree that it is pretty weird for something like this to happen, though.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #198 on: July 19, 2016, 07:05:25 PM »
Ana is now live.  Expect to have every game with at least one of her for at least a week.

« Reply #199 on: July 19, 2016, 09:33:22 PM »
The moment I realized that the ranking means very little and the only prize for continuing to play past qualifiers was for the gold weapons I just played until I was an even 50 (it wasn't hard, I qualified at 49) and stopped.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #200 on: July 20, 2016, 12:25:28 AM »
As competitive as I am, I can't fucking stand how hateful and toxic competitive can be. Unless I can get a fully cooperative team friended up I'll do it to get the goodies and then I'm out. I play games to have fun, not be constantly hassled by worthless sacks of skin who act like their lives hang in the balance.

Seriously, I was chasing a Zarya around trying to keep them alive because they were a reckless idiot, and I ended up dying because of them. They immediately when head-in-ass crazy and spent the rest of the game yelling at me for being bad at my job. Not my fault you're an awful team player, fucker.

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
« Reply #201 on: July 20, 2016, 02:50:58 AM »
I can't really stand how toxic competitive mode's gotten, but the cool thing is that Quick Play seems to be nicer now that the toxic people have left to go play competitive.  So I've just been sticking to quick play these days.

Also, I know all the hype is around Ana right now, but I can't get over how awesome D.va and Zenyatta are.  ESPECIALLY D.va, who I was always really "meh" about.  She's an absolute beast now and I had several amazing matches with her, and even a cool play of the game (that wasn't just sitting back and getting a quad-kill with my ult).

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #202 on: July 20, 2016, 03:08:06 AM »
I adored D.Va before, and she's only better now.

« Reply #203 on: July 20, 2016, 03:11:24 AM »
I adored D.Va before, and she's only better now.

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #204 on: July 20, 2016, 04:07:04 AM »

Also, I know all the hype is around Ana right now, but I can't get over how awesome D.va and Android Krillin are.  ESPECIALLY D.va, who I was always really "meh" about.  She's an absolute beast now and I had several amazing matches with her, and even a cool play of the game (that wasn't just sitting back and getting a quad-kill with my ult).

I really like how they change defense matrix system make her can tank more like Reinhardt and I feel like her shield is feel like Reinhardt 's shield which also add more survivality for her and make her mech destroy little harder
also..  ult cooldown reduction + faster self destruct ult = Fire in Hole!!!

Two sides of the coin

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #205 on: July 20, 2016, 04:34:02 AM »
The bonus of her new shield is that it's no longer extremely time-sensitive, so you can do fun things like following and guarding an allied rip-tire for a crucial couple of seconds then, post-detonation, picking off the stragglers.

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #206 on: July 20, 2016, 04:38:57 AM »
Thoughts on new content so far:

First game with D.Va: 17-1
-Roadhog pulled me into his full team. I blew up his full team.

Ana + Reinhardt is FUCKING TERRIFYING OH MY GOD

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #207 on: July 20, 2016, 09:54:48 AM »
re: toxicity in competitive

my competitive experience has been almost wholly positive and it's not just a luck thing. you have to make the environment more positive and people will be less likely to get all piss-baby in chat. if you're tank/support, you have some leeway to ask for things in team select, like "i think we could use some hitscan", or "we could use some area control like junkrat or pharah". people will get salty if you ask them to play tanks or supports, but ask them to play something that makes people explode and they'll be more than happy to swap over. if you have a good comp out of the gate, say so.

if you have someone on your team who gets a good ult off, be like "gj [name]". if you capture a point, "great work, everyone". try to use the thanks emote every time your healer pays attention to you. if your team gets wiped, say "good try, we'll get them next time". if you lose a point, "good hold everyone, we burned a good amount of time". be talkative and try to spin everything in the most positive way you can

a good rule of thumb is also to never single out anyone for anything "bad". example: mccree and tracer keep getting over aggressive and are pushing into the enemy team way too hard without any help and are dying before the team gets there. the knee-jerk reaction would be to say "mccree and tracer, stop moving up so far", but that isn't good. despite being very neutral in its delivery, it singles out the people making the mistake and that will make them defensive and less likely to listen. instead, if you say, "i think we're getting a little too split up, let's give it a try grouping up behind reinhardt all together", they'll be a lot more likely to join you and attack properly. it will not work every time, but it will work more often than directly calling someone out, and it will reduce instances of toxicity in your games

another thing is that singling people out is good when they do something good. if you wipe a team you can be like "great work everyone, zarya that was a sick ult" or whatever. if someone does something good that just wasn't enough you can be like "thanks [whoever], you bought us some time at least". when people feel good about themselves, they tend to play better, and they also tend to not get as salty if things go in the shitter later on.

this is a little pretentious but the old quote of "all evil needs to succeed is for good men to do nothing" or whatever holds very true for the attitude of your environments in ranked play in any game. it isn't just up to toxic players to calm down and stop being shitheads, but it's also up to the rest of players to create positive environments so that shit doesn't happen in the first place

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #208 on: July 20, 2016, 11:11:12 AM »
I couldn't agree more with the above.

One personal experience I can share was a toxic game which turned into a high teamwork + win even.

We were 0-2 in point capture. Drama galore. People were pissed. Me and 2 other random-kuns kept faith and lay out what we lacked. We all swapped heroes into what we could play confidently, but having best impact. Game three turned in a huge favour. A quick fast win. It showed we weren't complete dumb-asses fighting each other over a game. Of course the salt remained some what with few, because it was 1-2. But I just said in voice chat: "Awesome play team, 2 more games and we got this. Let's keep this up". People actually considered the next map and called: "Same team? Do we swap X for Y? We might need hero Z". Next, we won the 4th game too, but enemy gave us some pressure. The 5th match was in fact the most exciting. A real 'good game' I would say.

TL DR: Competitive can be thrilling.

Rare as they might be, as Ryuu said, you need to commit your personal good faith to try to improve. Most of the time it won't work, but that is due to being stuck around rank 50 I noticed. Once you pass that barrier where people play and commit, you will get the joy.

« Last Edit: July 20, 2016, 11:29:42 AM by Helepolis »

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #209 on: July 20, 2016, 12:51:55 PM »
@ Hele if that situation happen to me I don't mind so much because we do our best even win or lose I don't care because it is really good game which both team do their own best

but the situtation that I met is really bad because my team far from behind enemy team and my team start troll game such as  go without team work and then die one by one until I lose the match but If I lucky enough I may met osome really good teamwork sometimes fight with really good enemy teamwork too which make me exciting and blood boil because that is very intense yet relly fun game because really goo team work at my team vs really goo team work at enemy team

TL DR : I still think that competitive mode feels like playing Russian Roulette

Two sides of the coin