Author Topic: Overwatch Thread: UPRISING PvE, HotS Promotional Event 2.0, and New D.VA Skin!  (Read 102628 times)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
Re: Overwatch Thread: The Cavalry's Here - Now Live/Rolling Out!
« Reply #150 on: July 01, 2016, 09:49:55 PM »
No idea how this ranking works. Played mainly tanks in almost all match ups.  5-5 here too, got 47. 

We'll see how it goes from here on.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #151 on: July 01, 2016, 10:36:45 PM »
New meta right there.

As for comp, I didn't dare trying it out, I don't think I'm good enough to play there yet.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #152 on: July 02, 2016, 01:00:39 AM »
No idea how this ranking works. Played mainly tanks in almost all match ups.  5-5 here too, got 47. 

We'll see how it goes from here on.
From what I heard, it's not only on how many wins you did, but also your personal performance in the game (probably medals and all from each round/match). That's what I heard at least.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #153 on: July 02, 2016, 02:11:17 AM »
there does seem to be a significant impact on your placement MMR and how much you gain/lose per match based off of your personal performance

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #154 on: July 02, 2016, 04:48:55 AM »
New meta right there.

As for comp, I didn't dare trying it out, I don't think I'm good enough to play there yet.

try "We are all soldier now" team espacially at Route 66 on attack side trust me and you will feeling like you play call of duty  :D

Two sides of the coin

pineyappled

« Reply #155 on: July 02, 2016, 09:44:49 AM »
I really wish sudden death was a KOTH round instead.

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #156 on: July 02, 2016, 11:08:58 AM »

DEATH COMES

Two sides of the coin

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #157 on: July 02, 2016, 03:00:36 PM »

DEATH COMES
This actually works quite well :V

Might I also suggest the IM@S CG Starlight Stage team? :V

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #158 on: July 02, 2016, 03:12:11 PM »
This actually works quite well :V

Might I also suggest the IM@S CG Starlight Stage team? :V

actually I saw that before all D.va team is really good espacially to rush to capture point..

Two sides of the coin

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2016, 07:35:10 AM »
Last weekend I have been jumping between 51 and 49 rank. Whenever I hit rank 49, I get the nice and willing players who want to win. Whenever I get rank 50, I get the odd Hanzo, Genji and Widowmaker players on attack for payload moving.

If only I can get past this barrier. But the effort is extreme, and Overwatch isn't exactly a game where 1 person can carry the entire match.

Edit:
That said, what are some nice effective team compositions you people have been making for ranked games?

Dual tanks and dual healers can sometimes be quite interesting.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 07:39:26 AM by Helepolis »

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #160 on: July 04, 2016, 11:14:05 AM »
may be I really bad luck I drop from 51 to 42 because I have really bad teamwork when I played..

@Hele  I mostly found team formation  : 2 tank,1healer, 2 offense , 1 defensive (this formation mostly found at capture point map like nepal or Illios ) sometime I met team that bring 3 tank (Reinhart +Zarya + Winston = Super Iron Wall)

Two sides of the coin

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #161 on: July 04, 2016, 02:06:24 PM »
holy fucking hell competitive play is toxic

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #162 on: July 04, 2016, 03:39:25 PM »
may be I really bad luck I drop from 51 to 42 because I have really bad teamwork when I played..
Wait what? You dropped from 51 to 42? That is quite steep.

holy fucking hell competitive play is toxic
Name one game with competitive play which isn't :V

But yes, it quite is.

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #163 on: July 04, 2016, 03:46:57 PM »
Wait what? You dropped from 51 to 42? That is quite steep.

@ Hele yep after 10 replacement match I lose match continuously ( if I remeber correctly I lose around 8 or 9 times) and when you lost your rank decrease too ( sometimes you lose 2 times and  your rank are decrease)
the crucial point is if you want to increase rank again sometimes you must win 2 times for increase your rank

so..sometimes competitive mode is feel like you play Russian roulette sometimes you find good team, sometimes you find really bad team
« Last Edit: July 04, 2016, 04:17:54 PM by Buggy »

Two sides of the coin

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #164 on: July 05, 2016, 08:54:04 PM »
a good rule to follow for any game with matchmaking is the 40-20-40 rule. the exact numbers may vary depending on your skill level relative to where you are

the rule goes like this: 40% of your games, you will have Totally Garbage Teams and winning will be near impossible. 40% of your games, you have a Perfect Amazing Team and either get carried or just work together so well that you will almost certainly win. 20% of the games are where your individual play will be one of the key factors in the outcome of the game, and it's these games that really determine your ranking in the long run

the point of the rule is to help you focus less on the matches where you have poop teams, because they should account for less than half of your total games

Silent Harmony

• Everybody needs the Pharmarcy
  • Justice never dies!
« Reply #165 on: July 06, 2016, 03:41:07 AM »
Finished 10 matches. Ranking: 36.

I dare anybody to beat that level of horrible. :qq: :colonveeplusalpha:

1CC List (all shmups)
League of Legends / Battle.net: Harmony11(#1694)

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #166 on: July 06, 2016, 03:54:29 AM »
Finished 10 matches. Ranking: 36.

I dare anybody to beat that level of horrible. :qq: :colonveeplusalpha:

How many wins and lose in your 10 matches

Two sides of the coin

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #167 on: July 06, 2016, 04:00:15 AM »
4W 6L, and 2 of the wins involved 5-6 of the enemy leaving after losing round 1.

1CC List (all shmups)

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #168 on: July 08, 2016, 07:25:53 AM »
W/L doesn't seem to be setting rank. More like individual performance during each match. Same thing when you're gaining/losing experience to rank up or down.

Silent Harmony

• Justice never dies!
« Reply #169 on: July 08, 2016, 06:32:34 PM »
Looking back though I'm pretty sure part of the reason my rank is so low is having at least 2 out of my 4 wins come with the other team having a leaver which probably messed up the MMR calculation. Competitive mode (aka ranked) is complete garbage right now it seems and everyone is calling Blizzard out on it, including top players. Basically if you aren't in a 5-6 man premade and/or are a support main you really have no reason trying to go up. Things like winning a match when the other team has a leaver gutting your rank XP and how it appears individual performance is calculated really screws over a lot more people than it helps.

Here's a couple videos on it:

The Overwatch Competitive Mess by Unit Loss' Stylosa: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSFcoYHf6iE

Supports Get Screwed by Force Gaming: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyHHhMdi9tk

1CC List (all shmups)

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #170 on: July 09, 2016, 03:42:10 AM »
Like I said recently ,  playing compettitive mode is feel like you play Russian roulette espacially after 10 replacement match

For me..I want Blizzard change compettitive mode for cannot switch heores when game already begins ( I hear that  many players dislike people who always change heros every seconds during the game at competitive mode)

Two sides of the coin

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #171 on: July 09, 2016, 01:55:28 PM »
For me..I want Blizzard change compettitive mode for cannot switch heores when game already begins ( I hear that  many players dislike people who always change heros every seconds during the game at competitive mode)

This will never happen because Overwatch revolves around hero switching in the middle of games to adapt to the current situation or to counter-pick the opponent's heroes themselves.

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #172 on: July 09, 2016, 08:47:26 PM »
Changing heroes (if needed) is why the game is good. Sometimes you don't need to change because of solid play and setup. But some maps and some plays need it.

people who always change heros every seconds during the game at competitive mode
I wish people changed heroes every second into more useful heroes.

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #173 on: July 10, 2016, 07:12:07 AM »
Changing heroes (if needed) is why the game is good. Sometimes you don't need to change because of solid play and setup. But some maps and some plays need it.
I wish people changed heroes every second into more useful heroes.

For my point of view, I mostly found people change heroes and keep die and die which make me feel like they didn't change for adapt situation but they change because they want and didn't care the team or the worst case is for troll game that is most situation that I met in competitive mode about changing heroes in mid game ( which cause me rank decrease rapidly like I state earlier)

maybe I am very bad luck after 10 replacement matches :(   

Two sides of the coin

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #174 on: July 10, 2016, 09:29:44 AM »
It depends honestly. Each game is different. Each team is different. Each strategy is different. I've had good games where we swapped heroes depending on setup. People actually called out the swaps and others agreed. I had games where people refuse to swap, seeing that it simply doesn't work.

Usual troll argument they give: "I got x-objective kills" "My score is higher" etc. It means nothing if you lose the game. And one person doesn't carry in Overwatch. People play this game as if it is some kind of LoL / Dota.

Also, just won a difficult 5v6. Our entire team performed well. And this is how I got rewarded:

It just feels unfair. Losing makes you drop a whole rank almost always, but winning? Hahahaha...
- Making sure as Tracer that enemy Mercy / Lucio and Pharah is non-stop harassed? > You get nothing.
- Protecting strategically your team as Reinhardt, shielding crucial moments. Using Earth Shatter proper > You get nothing.
- Using awesome ult chains as Zarya so your team can clean them up? > Nothing.

- Be Mercy/Lucio, just heal and rez entire game > 1 Bar of rank up most of the time.

Maybe I should just spam Lucio every game.

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #175 on: July 10, 2016, 10:27:14 AM »
That is same thing that cause me rank drop too... honestly I feel like rank drop in competitive mode and like you said it is unfair when we lose it nearly guarantee that rank will drop for sure while increasing rank must take two win for rank up.... and yeah...sometimes I feel tired for this espacially I must face sudden death match every time

Two sides of the coin

« Reply #176 on: July 10, 2016, 10:56:51 AM »
started at rank 43 and now at 52. most games i just find myself playing zarya even if we already have 1(or 2), her damage and shield are just way to good. if i ever dont feel like playing zarya then i just pick reaper into anything and just spawn camp the enemy.

Ryuu

• time to press r again
« Reply #177 on: July 10, 2016, 11:24:58 AM »
And one person doesn't carry in Overwatch.

this isn't true, though you do have to be insanely better than your opposition to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5eZvbzZxFk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeZATcLiPQ

Also, just won a difficult 5v6. Our entire team performed well. And this is how I got rewarded:

this is a bug caused by leavers and it should be fixed very soon

Buggy

• Part-Time Gunslinger
  • Dead Man Walking
« Reply #178 on: July 10, 2016, 11:32:19 AM »
this isn't true, though you do have to be insanely better than your opposition to do it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q5eZvbzZxFk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZeZATcLiPQ

this is a bug caused by leavers and it should be fixed very soon

hope that they will fix as fast as they can

for now I play quick match for a while

Two sides of the coin

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #179 on: July 12, 2016, 05:16:43 AM »
Looks like self-propagated elo hell got real too fast. I've had 3 afks/leavers in as many matches in a row earlier tonight :ohdear:

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu