Author Topic: Overwatch Thread: UPRISING PvE, HotS Promotional Event 2.0, and New D.VA Skin!  (Read 100581 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Overwatch Thread: The Cavalry's Here - Now Live/Rolling Out!
« Reply #60 on: May 29, 2016, 09:03:35 PM »
Splatoon also had a full fledged story mode though :v

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #61 on: May 29, 2016, 09:29:55 PM »
Hmm,  those are valid points and i appreciate your help, my mates don't have the games (yet) since they're on my same problem of "Aw man, it looks so nice ! But WTF, 250 bucks !".

I do like the gameplay style, it's not as much focused on yourself since the other team might just have your counterpick and shut you down for good, so it relies on cooperation and team strats for victory.

I also have a share of fast paced action in my blood, even though i'm more of the strategy guy, and i really love the concept of skittish characters that do hit-and-run tactics like Tracer.

Chaore

« Reply #62 on: May 29, 2016, 09:33:01 PM »
I'd really stress at especially the ridiculous price you have, it's pretty unlikely it won't get marked down eventually when there is almost inevitably more content.

Overwatch as is won't survive unless Blizzard continues providing some sort of content, it's just too small and does not honestly compare well to -any- of the pc shooter category.

The real fear is if they decide more money for more stuff is a good future for the game.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #63 on: May 30, 2016, 12:46:10 AM »
Hmm,  those are valid points and i appreciate your help, my mates don't have the games (yet) since they're on my same problem of "Aw man, it looks so nice ! But WTF, 250 bucks !".

160 for us, actually, since for some stupid reason if you click on "buy game" on the battle.net client it sends you straight to the origin version which matters little to people that don't play every other blizzard game.

Still, 160 is a pretty steep price for us, which is why I ain't buying this game until there's at least one more gameplay mode, despite the fact that I have a blast with it.

Monarda

• Tactician that has a soft spot for cuteness.
  • Art by Amibazh
« Reply #64 on: May 30, 2016, 01:05:54 AM »
Oh ok ! It was just the page putting us at version, I`m not made of money (If i were i would have died a long time ago) .

Still steep, but i might ? get enough.

MatsuriSakuragi

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #66 on: May 30, 2016, 04:01:05 AM »
Opened some crates, got this.

Life is good.

(Though D.Va is the most moe.)

« Reply #67 on: May 30, 2016, 07:39:41 AM »
Since for some stupid reason if you click on "buy game" on the battle.net client it sends you straight to the origin version which matters little to people that don't play every other blizzard game.

This, fucking this. I bought the origins version by accident.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #68 on: May 30, 2016, 07:51:32 AM »
If only my situation allowed time to obtain and play this! Otherwise I would have pre-ordered and everything...until then, all those Origins Edition boxes in stores will be tempting me greatly.

Coming from the TF2 perspective, Overwatch has been on my watch list for quite some time, and my TF2 contacts have all been loving the actual game now that is released. Ah well, better dust off that Battle.net account in preparation.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #69 on: May 30, 2016, 09:36:34 AM »
I'd really stress at especially the ridiculous price you have, it's pretty unlikely it won't get marked down eventually when there is almost inevitably more content.

Overwatch as is won't survive unless Blizzard continues providing some sort of content, it's just too small and does not honestly compare well to -any- of the pc shooter category.

The real fear is if they decide more money for more stuff is a good future for the game.

they already confirmed that there is at least one new map and one new hero in development

they have also stated multiple times that all future content will be free

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Chaore

« Reply #70 on: May 30, 2016, 02:42:18 PM »
they already confirmed that there is at least one new map and one new hero in development

they have also stated multiple times that all future content will be free

All good then.

« Reply #71 on: May 30, 2016, 04:57:45 PM »
So I was fucking around in the training room with Hanzo. Then I realised that his Dragon Eyes can stick to people. This changes everything!

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #72 on: May 31, 2016, 07:36:50 AM »
Got my first "Highlight of the Match" today.

Nope, not as Bastion (hardly touch him).  Got it as D.Va. 
D.Va is  :*

That aside...

I noticed Blizz didn't skimp on the Japanese voice cast.  Tracer's VA is Emiri Katou (a.k.a. Kagami's and QB's VA), Shizuka Ito is the VA for Widowmaker, and Mercy's VA is Sayaka Ohara.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #73 on: May 31, 2016, 03:16:08 PM »
Hanzo seems like he'd be a lot of fun to play if I wasn't completely abysmal with him.  I was pretty good with Huntsman in TF2 so I figured he'd be a more natural fit, but I'm just way better with Widowmaker.

Of course, preference is to not play sniper at all :V

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #74 on: May 31, 2016, 03:45:14 PM »
I'm getting pretty great with McCree. His flashbang+fan the hammer combo is so nice.

It's high noon, motherfuckers. B)

Edible

« Reply #75 on: May 31, 2016, 09:01:21 PM »
Flashbang -> fan -> roll -> fan is probably too strong, imo.  Wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed it somehow.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #76 on: May 31, 2016, 11:26:49 PM »
Probably, but it's still not as stupid broken as Bastion. You can say he's easily countered, but you can't deny that it's just too stupid strong as it is.

I'm all for a general rebalance though. It seems that a lot of heroes are overused while there are others I see pretty much never.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #77 on: May 31, 2016, 11:31:01 PM »
Probably, but it's still not as stupid broken as Bastion. You can say he's easily countered, but you can't deny that it's just too stupid strong as it is.
Honestly, I see him as a pubstomber, but I really don't think he's broken.

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #78 on: May 31, 2016, 11:36:30 PM »
I dunno. The way some bastions just sit up on high and pick off everyone in the area in seconds is just so lame to me, especially since it's a lower target and thus harder to hit in turret mode.

There's a reason why "Bastion PotG for pressing left click" is a recurring joke. (Same for "Reaper pressed Q".)

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #79 on: June 01, 2016, 01:05:12 AM »
I dunno. The way some bastions just sit up on high and pick off everyone in the area in seconds is just so lame to me, especially since it's a lower target and thus harder to hit in turret mode.

There's a reason why "Bastion PotG for pressing left click" is a recurring joke. (Same for "Reaper pressed Q".)

More ilke anyone pressed Q.  I don't think Bastion that's bad. He can't really deal that well with people if you jump on him.  He has a big hit box so shotguns eat him for lunch. Widowmakers are much more annoying imo.

Also, I guess I should add myself. hyorinryu #1576.

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #80 on: June 01, 2016, 03:00:40 AM »
Flashbang -> fan -> roll -> fan is probably too strong, imo.  Wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed it somehow.

Personally I just think that the whole "roll skips the reload animation" is pretty stupid, a single flash -> fan combo can already kill any squishy and heavily damage any tank, giving mccree a way to completely murder anything in the game before they really have a way to respond is pretty stupid.

Anyone pressed Q really, the PotG system is completely fucking broken anyway and doesn't really mean anything (oh hey, I got a quadra kill as a Reaper by managing to sneak around the enemy team and ulting in the middle of them and that quadra was what gave us the dominance that we maintained throughout the entire match, and yet the PotG is a junkrat ulting 1 person.)

Bastion isn't that bad by himself, far from it even. So long as you're always mindful of the fact that THERE'S A BASTION ON THE OTHER TEAM and always assume that he's in turret mode ready to murder you, he becomes pretty easy to deal with. No, a single bastion isn't the problem, multiple Bastions or - god forbid - the dreaded Bastion/Reinhardt/Mercy Combo on top of a payload is absolutely fucking bonkers.

And the only hero I don't see played often is Symmetra, but that's probably because she's not actually a support and more of a defense-type, really.

Edible

« Reply #81 on: June 01, 2016, 03:56:00 AM »
Multiple heroes does kind of break the game.

I'm genuinely unsure what you're supposed to do against Bastion Bastion Bastion Torbjorn Mercy Reinhardt on defense :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #82 on: June 01, 2016, 08:47:33 AM »
I had those moments (without that exact lineup) and agree that it is extremely annoying / hard to counter. Especially without proper organisation. Which usually public matches are.

Though Mercy's healing doesn't outheal high damage heroes like Junkrat, Pharah, Mc Cree, Soldier. The problem is getting to them as usually you're being shot from a lot of locations.  Smart positioning to create a good lock-down, doesn't matter which line up, will render your team useless.

Oh a thing about Soldier: His gun starts firing inaccurate on and after 4th shot. At long distance, just tap your mouse button to single shot rapidly or do bursts of 3 shots max to keep maximum accuracy.

Ryuu

• time for kittyrina lessons
  • time to press r again
« Reply #83 on: June 01, 2016, 09:46:12 AM »

nerfs basically confirmed

https://twitter.com/overwatchking/status/737717104485539840

Honestly, I see him as a pubstomber, but I really don't think he's broken.

it's basically this

he's considered a joke/gimmick pick in higher ranks because of how easy he is to beat when people actually *gasp* work together. getting some long range damage dealers behind a reinhardt shield can beat basically any bastion nest. in the case of the reinhardt/mercy/bastion combo, an ult from tracer or reaper(preferably tracer as hers is the fastest charging ult in the game and can't be interrupted by dying like reaper's can) will wipe it out. the hardest thing about beating bastion imo is that you have to get a bunch of strangers to work together for like five seconds

I'm genuinely unsure what you're supposed to do against Bastion Bastion Bastion Torbjorn Mercy Reinhardt on defense :V

the general strategy to beat stacking is to have
-reinhardt
-mercy
-4 thinks that specifically counter the stacked hero

so in the case of turret-land, pharah, junkrat, widowmaker, symmetra(for the one behind the reinhardt) and soldier 76 would all be great choices depending on the map.

http://ryuukyunplaysstuff.tumblr.com/ read about me playing league i guess

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #84 on: June 01, 2016, 11:03:22 AM »
For breaking lines/defences: Zenyatta or Lucio ult does the job too. Of course, you need to organise it. Zenyatta's ult is quite strong but because he is so squishy and hard to control, people prefer to use Lucio. Well, to be honest Lucio is in my opinion overall better choice because of his mobility and he has quite a strong gun too.

« Reply #85 on: June 01, 2016, 12:07:22 PM »

Edible

« Reply #86 on: June 01, 2016, 08:13:54 PM »

welp :V

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #87 on: June 01, 2016, 08:35:21 PM »
27 pages of "Mc Cree is OP/Not OP"

A-Mei-Zing.

* Helepolis freezes himself to death for that line.

Edible

« Reply #88 on: June 01, 2016, 08:51:39 PM »
Mei puns are a time-honored Overwatch tradition and are punishable by naught but applause.  Especially bad ones.

theshirn

• THE LAWS OF THE FIESTA MEAN NOTHING
    • Wisdom is Not a Dump Stat
« Reply #89 on: June 01, 2016, 11:19:36 PM »

Junkrat, Junkrat, Junkrat.

The answer is always Junkrat.

TICK TOCK TICK TOCK TICK TOCK

[09:46] <theshim|work> there is nothing like working for a real estate company to make one contemplate arson