Author Topic: Anime games?  (Read 2714 times)

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
Anime games?
« on: August 11, 2015, 03:11:32 PM »
I haven't really been keeping in touch with games, except from following certain YouTubers and streamers I follow. What good anime-styled games are there? I know of Fairy Fencer F and Akira's Trip, but aside from those I'm in a dark.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Re: Anime games?
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2015, 03:13:56 PM »
Currently playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Re;Birth 1 that I got from the Summer Steam sale. It's really fun, albeit very grind-y, but I don't normally play JRPGs so it's not something I'm as used to, but the amount of meta in the story and the characters themselves keep me going :V

There's also 100% Orange Juice. It's anime Mario Party without the minigames. Play it if you want to lose more friends (and also want to grow a hatred for seagulls).

Bio

• resident walker
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2015, 03:26:35 PM »
What a strange request to ask for an art style, and a vague one at that. Zestiria is coming out though.

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 03:38:08 PM »
THE MARIE POPPO SWAG IS INTENSIFYING

It depends of what kind of games you like, really. Also which consoles you have. If you like JRPGs, you can go with Tales of games (most of them on Sony systems, but they are coming to PC). If you seek grinding, try Disgaea games (Sony systems again), or Neptunia games (PC, same devs as Fairy Fencer F). Ys games and The Legend of Heroes games are also available on PC.

If you like platformers/action games, try Valdis Story : Abyssal City, it is a total treat. Dust: An Elysian Tail also falls in this category, it's a Metroidvania. Fairy Bloom Freesia is also pretty fun.

If you wanna read, there's also a sh*tton of Visual Novels available on Steam.

You can also check out Fruitbat Factory and Playism, they have a wide array of games that could interest you.

Dahel

• Preparing myself for an incoming failure...
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 04:10:29 PM »
You can also check out Fruitbat Factory and Playism, they have a wide array of games that could interest you.
On the subject of doujin game publishers, there's also Rockin' Android and Carpe Fulgur.
Now is probably the best time to take a look at these thanks to the steam doujin sale going on right now.

For big budget games, the Hyperdimension Neptunia and Valkyria Chronicles series are  good picks, like a bunch of the visual novels on steam if you don't mind reading a lot of text.

(and also want to grow a hatred for seagulls)
Getting destroyed by a chicken is the worst thing that can happen. And it happens every game. Multiple times. Welcome to RNJuice, the saltiest place on earth.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2015, 04:15:59 PM by Dahel »
Soon

FlamingRok

• Rena is pleased with your efforts.
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2015, 04:27:07 PM »
Getting destroyed by a chicken is the worst thing that can happen. And it happens every game. Multiple times. Welcome to RNJuice, the saltiest place on earth.

I dunno, rolling a one onto both your attack and defense/evade is pretty awful too, especially when you're about to win the game and lose half your damn stars.

Kyo Tanaka

• Don't worry Sakuya, I will (Uuu~♥) protect you...
« Reply #6 on: August 11, 2015, 05:44:38 PM »
What a strange request to ask for an art style, and a vague one at that. Zestiria is coming out though.

Well, I asked for anime styled games because I find my tastes for any other kind of games to be growing dull, excluding a select few that I cannot grab for the time being. That, and anime-based games tend to not be demanding in specs.

« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2015, 12:24:13 AM »
100% Orange Juice is a great game with a generally very chill online community (if anything, there's more IT'S ALL RNG types compared to the super serious, both of these being bad things).

Fortune Summoners is currently the best game localized by Carpe Fulgur. Some (if not the best) 2D action exploration combat out there with legit great (and customizable) AI partners. Ys series is very good. CrossCode, while in Early Access, is already looking to be incredibly promising.

Mew seeker

• Find things
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2015, 06:22:16 AM »
Does SD Gundam G Generation Wars count?

You can wish for anything!

NekoNekoRex

• Catgirls are Charming!
  • Catgirl Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2015, 06:45:38 AM »
Reccetear is a fun game about running an item store, and sending heroes to dungeons to collect items (to sell)
Kilga is this right; like is this person seriously the player, and it's not some alias or something that's designed to be deliberately obfuscating? NekoNekoRex. Who the hell is that :C   ~Poya Aaaa (Serela), Bunny Must Die Mafia