Author Topic: Some Random Shorts  (Read 29616 times)

Re: Some Random Shorts
« Reply #90 on: April 21, 2011, 10:02:21 PM »
Yay,, pre-Gensokyo Sanae! She does seem a lot like the one from Kinema Kan (check YouTube).
The song was sung by a beautiful voice indeed, the voice of a goddess' you can say.

However, every passing second, everything around me grows darker and darker...
Mystia?

Crow's Dumping Ground of Art

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #91 on: April 22, 2011, 11:08:10 AM »
Quote from: Immaterial Crow
Yay,, pre-Gensokyo Sanae!

Or is it?...

Quote from: Immaterial Crow
Mystia?

Hmmm... Who knows?  :V

==========
Short #8, Part 2(/23)

"Yo, Shouj! I've been grinding all of last night! Hehe, I can go for my job change quest by tonight!"

"Hey man, what is it with you people and grinding like mad men? Just take it easy, relax and have fun with it. Like me?"

Well, I don't have the right to stop him from playing games to concentrate on his studies, since he still does better than me no matter how little he devotes to his studies and how much I do for mine. Life is really unfair, isn't it?

"Hey guys! Watcha talking ?bout?" Sanae appeared out of the blue and asked, smiling that usual cheery smile again.

It's been a week now and she's really starting to open up to us. She's actually a very happy-go-lucky person if you ask me. With her around at least the two of us have another person to hang out with now. Don't get me wrong but we do go out with other people, it's just, well, we don't feel that close to them. They're our friends too. It just feels like they are a little more distant.

Besides, with Sanae around, we've solved a few problems of our own already. I don't feel nervous when I am around her anymore. I screw up less now and I tend to make her laugh sometimes too. Chucky has also solved that noseb- nevermind...

"Dude, need a tissue?"

"Ah damn. It's coming out again? I thought I got used to it by now..."

"Used to what?" Sanae asked in a naive tone.

"Used to seeing that cute smile of yours, of course!"

Yeah, sure. I said it half-jokingly. But who would've expected me to say something like that?

I looked at Sanae, whose face was beginning to glow red, a little embarassed.

She quickly turned away as did I too.

*RING*

Phew.

The bell broke that awkward moment as the three of us decided to laugh it off.

We took our seats and went back to our studies.

It was Math, our least favourite lesson. The teacher was strict and unreasonable sometimes and her voice is like that of a chipmunk in a blender. Just trying to pay attention to her lesson is as hard as, if not harder than trying to stab two mechanical pencils through both my ears. It's just painful listening to her.

I continued doodling on my book and managed to draw a giant lizard monster terrorizing a city like in a certain movie I'd seen in the past. I'm not a really good artist but what the heck, it's not like I am ever gonna listen, right?

I put down my pencil and turned to my left.

Chucky was asleep with his eyes open, looking at the blackboard while holding an open book.

He's used to it. The teachers normally think he's paying attention so they don't seem to care. As for me, well, most of my current teachers have already taught me for the past two years and they pretty much know that I don't really pay attention in class anyway, especially hers. She's already been scolding me for a year now and she's probably given up on me by now anyway so she won't mind me doodling away...

"Miss Kochiya..."

I looked in front.

Oh no! She's fast asleep! Her head was on the desk and-

"Miss Kochiya!"

She lifted up her head and looked at the teacher.

"Please answer that question on the board," she said, pointing to the blackboard.

Sanae stood up and yawned.

On the blackboard was a question involving several matrices within a matrix which, together with a few other matrices, were placed within another matrix, and with all these matrices within matrices within matrices written all over the board, I started having a little headache. And she was asked to find the product of those two, uhhh, I don't even know what to call them anymore...

Oh no, she is gonna be in deep trouble like this.

But then without a second thought, she managed to answer the question perfectly! As in, she didn't even need to write it down on paper!

"Pay attention next time!"

Sanae nodded, apologized and sat down.

Like a boss...

Damn, I didn't expect that. So she's hot, nice and smart. Just the perfect girl, huh?

Sigh.

Sanae turned behind after hearing my sigh. A little too loud I guess?

"What's the matter?"

"Nothing. I'm just a little sad about how pathetic I am..."

"Aww, c'mon. You're not. You are special in your own wa-oo are you doodling on your book?"

"Uhh...yeah..."

"Oo, can I draw on it too?"

"Uhh...sure, I guess..."

"Yay..."

She took the book from my desk and turned back to her own seat.

Several seconds later she put the book back on my deaaAAA...

Oh my god, did she really draw this?

"Sorry though, I haven't drawn anything in a long time and I'm not a really good artist anyway..."

"Did you really draw this?"

It was a giant robot fighting off the lizard, which looks like a three-year-old's drawings in comparison to the giant mecha.

The robot was so detailed. It's like...

I don't know, actually. It's like the work of a true professional's and she did it in about a minute.

I looked up at her, astonished at her skills, and she just looked back, smiling with her eyes closed.

God, if you can hear me from up there...

Why was I born so pathetic? Why can't I have good looks? Why can't I be more talented at stuff? Why can't my life at least be more exciting? More adventurous? More like something out of an action movie?

I was so wrong to wish for a life like that. So very wrong...

==========
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:50:40 AM by CS »
Madness?

« Reply #92 on: April 22, 2011, 01:58:53 PM »
Guuuuuuuh, keep goin'. I like seeing Sanae's seemingly convenient miracles make poor Syouji sad.  :V

"So I never have to worry what tomorrow will bring, because my faith is on solid rock; I am counting on God."

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #93 on: April 23, 2011, 03:01:28 PM »
Short #8, Part 3(/23)

?Hey, Syouj! I?ve finally completed my job advancement quest last night!?

?Yea, that?s great and all but maybe you should stop going all crazy about it and start taking it easy for a change. I mean, gaming is for releasing stress, no? But yet I still see many people complaining about how stressful life is for not being able to reach the goal they are grinding for in time and all that. I mean, just relax, okay??

?Hey guys! Whatcha talking ?bout??

Another ordinary day here I guess.

?Hey, you guys wanna come over to my place this Sunday??

Or? maybe not?

?Sure!?

I turned to look at Chucky after agreeing with Sanae.

He nodded his head.

Wow, he didn?t do it this time. Not bad?

?Yay??

She smiled and we could see her sparkling under the sun?s rays, but not like a certain vampire we all know of?

?Hey, we should really get to class now.?

Chucky moved closer to me and whispered in my ear.

?Wait, today?s gonna be physical ed as the first period, right??

I grinned at him.

?Hehehe, you sly dog, you??

?

?Alright, guys. I see you?re all here. We?ll wait for the girls first??

Not long after the girls entered as everyone looked at Sanae in her new gym outfit.

*FWEEEET FEEEW*

There was the sound of guys whistling everywhere as everyone stared, boys and girls alike. Boys out of lust and girls out of envy.

I remembered something and turned to look at Chucky. Surprisingly, he still wasn?t nose bleeding.

Amazing?

I guess people do change, huh?

?Alright, everyone! Ten laps around the basketball court!?

Not this again?

Well we ran anyway, and on our last lap?

?Sir, aaaaa?. butt cramp!? I said in a really pathetic voice.

Everyone burst out in laughter, including Sanae. Seeing her laugh really makes me happy. It gives me a sense of accomplishment inside. It makes me feel like a boss!

?

Sigh.

Kinda sucks though. We thought we would get to play with the girls today but, sigh?

The boys ended up playing basketball while the girls did volleyball. And before you ask, no we couldn?t see them since the basketball/volleyball court is indoors while we played at the outdoor basketball court. Sucks, huh?

At least our sadness is all over now?

We got changed and went back to class.

Everyone hates Wednesdays since we gotta take Biology, out of all things, right after a tiring hour and a half of gym class.

Sigh.

Here he comes?

?Good morning class, please open your textbooks to page forty-eight.?

Wow, forty-eight already? Damn, I feel like crap?

Hey, you can?t blame me. Half the class sleeps whenever he starts his lessons, okay? Look, soon everyone is just gonna drop to their desks and?

I looked at Chucky to my left. Yeah, I thought so?

Well, that man?s voice is really like a sleeping potion. I won?t be surprised if scientists concocted some kinda magical sleeping potion or whatever out of him. I just won?t.

Well, I think it?s about time now?

Everything started to go blur as his ?magical, enchanting voice? came into play.

Zzz?

?

?Okay, thank you class? Those who were listening, at least??

He did his usual creepy smile before he left the class. Well, to be exact it?s like it?s carved onto his face, or maybe it?s some kind of birth disorder?

Nah, who cares? it?s not like he?s a really nice guy anyway, not that I?m trying to sound like a jerk or anything. I mean, he is a really unreasonable man and has had a really bad reputation with the freshmen in the past years. I heard he actually made a girl cry on the first day of school and she transferred the day after. Scary, huh?

Well, whatever.

I looked around the class and saw everyone starting to wake up from their cat nap; some yawning and rubbing their eyes while some were wiping off the drool from their faces and pretending no one saw anything?

I looked in front?

Woah? was she?

?Hey, Sanae??

She looked behind and smiled.

?Yes??

?You were awake the whole time??

?Uhh? yeah? why??

Chucky jumped from his seat and shouted all of a sudden.

?THE MONKEY DID IT!?

He looked around, feeling awkward as everyone burst into laughter again.

He sat down again and yawned. He put his head back on the desk and fell asleep once again.

Terrible nightmare, perhaps? But who the hell dreams about freaking monkeys? Oh wait, this is Chucky we?re talking about? never mind?

?

School has ended but Chucky and I decided to stay back a little to shoot some hoops.

?Hey, I wanted to ask you.?

?Hm?? I said as I raised an eyebrow.

?Sanae invited us to her house all of a sudden. You think she-??

?No, don?t even think about it, man. She?s our friend. Remove such lewd thoughts from your head, please. Oh hey, ya? noticed something??

?What??

?You went one whole day without a nosebleed?, I laughed at him.

?Haha, yeah, I didn?t even realize that myself. I must be growing up so fast!?

?But seriously though. I wonder why she invited us there all of a sudden??

?Oh, hey guys! There you are!?

A sudden voice burst out of nowhere.

We turned to look at the door and there she stood, the girl we were just talking about.

?Oh, hey there. What?s up??

?Guys, maybe we?ll meet at the park this Sunday? Then we can maybe go out for a movie or something and then I?ll take you to my place. We?re having a feast!?

?Huh? So why?d you invite us all of a sudden??

She giggled.

?I don?t know. We?re friends, aren?t we? Besides, we haven?t had visitors for some time now.?

?Wait, what?s this feast you were talking about??

?No particular reason. We do it sometimes just for fun, I guess??

?So, by ?we? you mean you and your family??

?Yeah!?

?But wouldn?t it be rude for us to just barge in on you guys like that??

?No, it won?t. The more the merrier.?

She smiled again?

Oh, that cute smile?

Which reminds me?

I looked at him.

?Wow, man? just? wow??

?What??

Sanae interrupted, ?So, have you two decided??

?I don?t know, Sanae??

?Yeah, it is really rude to just intrude your quality time with your family and all.?

?Hmm? how about this? Two-on-one, three balls. I win, you guys come, okay??

?B-b-but-?

?No buts!?

?But-?

?No buts!?

?But Sanae, we?ll pwn your ass off!?

Yeah, Chucky sounds really rude sometimes but he?s just being him.

?You guys start??

?What? But-?

?No buts!?

?Okay, okay??

I passed the ball to Chucky, whose specialty is close-range shooting?

?Alright, one-ni-?

?Wha??

She jumped up and snatched the ball right after he released it?

The two of us could only watch in awe as she dribbled like a pro and cut through us as easily as cutting tofu.

?Holy shit??

?Yup, one-nil.?

Chucky takes the ball.

We looked at each other.

?Ready??

I nodded as he passed it to me and quickly ran inside, ready to catch the rebound, even though he knows the chances of getting it is pretty low.

Yeah, shooting was my thing?

I am considered fairly accurate for school standards. I?m no professional player, nor am I in the school team, so I don?t think I am anything compared to them. But I still think I?m pretty good?

I aimed and shot, gently releasing the ball and letting the wind carry it and letting it flow in the air? no I?m just kidding.

?Rejected!?

The ball was slapped by a hand, eventually landing on the floor and slowly bounced up and down until she took it away from us.

We could only watch as Sanae took her aim, shot a three and scoring like a real pro?

?

?Three-nil! I win. So, Sunday, park, okay??

She said as she smiled at us. Drops of sweat rolled down her cheek and dripped onto the floor.

The two of us could only watch her as she put her hand on her V-neck and started fanning herself?

?I feel so hot. I should have worn the gym outfit if I knew we would resort to this??

She was still slightly panting. But yeah, she?s right. She is hot?

It was as if everything was in slow motion? until?

?Urghhh? guys? anyone of you? uhhh? Syouj, I? need? tissues??

My fantasy was wrecked just like that. I hate you?

Darn it. And I thought basketball was the only thing I could be good at and that I could impress Sanae with my skills?

But now?

Sigh.

She?s nice, pretty, smart, talented, hardworking AND athletic?

God?

Why did you make me like this?

Y U NO FAIR!?

I shed manly tears inside my heart?

==========
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:50:43 AM by CS »
Madness?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #94 on: April 24, 2011, 11:11:53 AM »
Short #8, Part 4(/23)

It?s finally Sunday!

Yup, we?re going over to her place for the very first time! I wonder what her parents are like.

Wait, she said to meet her at the park but she didn?t tell us where exactly?

Sigh.

?Yo, Chucky! You?re here??

?Hey there. I almost couldn?t wake up this morning??

?Dude, stop it with your late night grinding! Maplestory can take away your life like that, you know.?

?Nah, I?m fine. So where are we supposed to meet her then??

?I don?t know. Let?s look around for a while.?

?Kay.?

We searched high and low for her but couldn?t find a single trace. That is, until we saw a familiar girl with long, green hair sitting on the bench with her head down.

Chucky and I walked over to the girl to see if she was the one we were looking for.

?Hey! So how?s about-? uhh, why the long face??

She looked up and her frown quickly changed to a big smile.

?Hm? Oh, you?re here.?

That?s strange. Maybe it was just my imagination. Nothing to worry about. I think too much sometimes too.

?So what do you wanna do first??

?Let?s go watch a movie.?

?Sure.?

We looked at Chucky.

?So are you in, too??

?Syouji, he has to join in. Don?t you remember the deal??

?Yea, yea, whatever. Let?s go then??

?

Three figures stood upon the cinema.

?So? what are we go-?

?Ooh ooh, let?s go for that one!?

She pointed at some girly movie with a pink unicorn on the poster with rainbows in the background.

?No!?

?Chucky, why?d you say that?? I whispered.

?Well, it?s not like you wanna watch it, right?? he replied.

?No. But at least do it politely, man.?

?You guys don?t want to? Hmmm? how about that one??

?

Well we ended up not watching a movie, since everything she picked involved either really girly things or really big robots. I don?t know, it just doesn?t suit us. We prefer our movies funny and logical, so giant mecha is out.

And now we?re here, eating at some kid?s restaurant. Sigh. That Sanae.

It was rather silent as we had our fries. No one made a single sound.

Sanae decided to break the silence and asked us something? awkward.

?Hey, do you believe in magic??

?What??

?Magic??

?Yeah. As in, humans being able to fly, shiny balls of light flying everywhere, the existence of mythical beasts and all. Do you believe in all that??

?Hahaha, of course not.?

Chucky was still laughing at the question.

But then I have to wonder, though. What goes on in that mind of hers? Why bring up such a question all of a sudden?

?I stopped believing in magic back when I was seven years old. Now I only believe magic exists in games and television. Don?t you agree, Syouj??

?Uhh? I? guess so??

?Oh??

Sanae looked worried, as if we had just given her a wrong answer or something.

?Uhhh? sorry about that question. How silly of me, huh??

And then she brought that smile up on her face again.

?Oh look at the time. We really should get going now. I?ll need to help prepare the food too.?

And with that, we left.

?

?Hey, Sanae??

?Yea??

She seemed a little sad, though. I really wonder if it was because we said we didn?t believe in magic. Maybe we hurt her feelings? Or maybe it was something else we said?

?I was just wondering. You?re a nice girl and all. You?re smart, you?re pretty, very outgoing, and you?re really hardworking at almost everything. So I just can?t imagine why?d you left your old school and transferred here.?

?Well? that?s??

?Oh, it?s okay if you don?t wanna talk about it. I was just curious, that?s all. No worries, I?m not going to ask you ever again.?

??Yea? sure? thanks??

?Hey, so how long more do we have to keep going? My legs are starting to hurt.?

?Don?t worry, Chucky. We?re almost there.?

Oh, that smile again. Is there no single day she doesn?t smile like that? It makes me feel so? HHHNNNNGHHH!

?

?Yeah, we?re here!?

?Wait, isn?t this-??

?Yeah, I?m pretty sure it is??

?What? You guys have never been here before??

?No, not really??

?Prayers? Wishes? New year? Nothing??

We both nodded.

?Well, never mind then. Let?s go!?

?Wha? You mean- you- you?re??

?Yes, I am??

This is?

Yeah, it is. This is the Moriya Shrine, home of the goddess Kanako Moriya if my memory serves right. I?ve never been a believer in the gods, but I do do some research about these things, since my parents are really ardent temple-goers. But then to me, I think there?s really no God up there. If there really were one, I?m pretty sure all my wishes would have come true by now.

?What are you waiting for? C?mon, let?s go!?

She ran up the stairs as we followed her from behind.

?Hey, wait up! Watch your steps, you just might trip.?

?I?m okay, I?m used to these stairs by now. I can run up, down and up again these stairs with my eyes closed before you guys even manage to reach the top!?

Sigh.

One thing still bothers me though. What did she mean when she asked us whether or not we believed in magic? Was it just a joke or something?

I looked at Chucky as he slowly climbed up the steps, panting heavily.

?*pant* I can?t take this anymore? *pant* go on without me??

?Hey, Chucky. I just realized something??

?What??

?You didn?t need a tissue for this whole part!?

?What??

?Uhhh? AHEM. I mean, you got used to it, didn?t you??

?I guess I did. Ever since the other day, I?m sure nothing will get me anymore! Muahahahahaha!?

?I?m sure it will happen again? soon??

?Guys, hurry up!?

?Okay, okay!?

I wonder what Sanae?s family is like. I wonder if Mr and Mrs Kochiya are really nice people?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:50:45 AM by CS »
Madness?

« Reply #95 on: April 24, 2011, 01:46:07 PM »
Oh, that smile again. Is there no single day she doesn?t smile like that? It makes me feel so? HHHNNNNGHHH!
Sanae is moe? What a good girl! (tee hee i always wanted to say that)

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #96 on: April 26, 2011, 08:47:26 AM »
Sanae is moe? What a good girl! (tee hee i always wanted to say that)

Hasn't she always?

*Updates may be slower now, computer died (only alternative is my brother's one and that's only when he isn't at home) and exams are drawing close. I'll still try to update it though. Who knows, I may even use my ideas from this for my essay paper  :V

==========
Short #8, Part 5(/23)

*pant pant pant*

"Hey, Sanae? Do you actually have to climb these stairs here every single day? To and from school?"

"What's wrong with that? A little exercise everyday like this is good for your health. You wouldn't land on the floor, gasping for air after just one short walk here if you'd exercised regularly."

We both looked at Chucky, lying on the floor, grasping for air.

I looked back at Sanae.

"Hey..."

"Hm?"

"What are your parents like?"

Her smile quickly faded as she turned to look away.

"I... I have no parents... Daddy left before I was born and Mommy died of a... ummm... sickness when I was really young... Ever since then, my beloved grandmother took care of me and she still does."

"Oh, I'm sorry. I did not mean it. My condolences..."

"It's okay. You didn't know. So, let's forget about the past and think about the present. Come on!"

"Alright."

We walked inside the shrine together.

To tell you the truth, the design looks really nice from the outside. I've never been here for years now. I don't even remember how it looked like back then.

"Guys, wait up!"

Chucky stood up and chased after us.

It looks very cozy in here. The design is pretty unique, or maybe it's because I haven't visited a shrine in a while. Overall it feels like a really nice place to live in.

"Make yourselves at home. I'll be at the back if you need me. Toilet's over there, just in case. Just take a right and keep walking. You'll see it on your left. You can't miss it."

And then she left us. Alone. Just the two of us.

"Hey, I need to go. Really badly. Been holding it since I reached the park. Be right back."

And so he left too. And now I am all alone. Me. Just me. And myself. And a little girl who had just appeared out of nowhere.

WHA!?

"Hi there. You must be Sanae's friend. She mentioned two of you, though."

"Err, he went to the toilet."

The girl was really young, looking about the age of twelve of thirteen I say. No more than fourteen, that's for sure. She had slightly-longer-than-shoulder length hair which was golden blonde and she wore a really weird hat which had a pair of eyes on top.

"Who might you be, miss?"

She only smiled with her eyes closed as a reply.

Ah, that smile. I can recognise it anywhere. I am sure she's a relative of Sanae's now. But who? Her sister, perhaps? She did mention her mother's COD being an illness. Maybe it was death by childbirth?

I shouldn't be thinking such unnecessary thoughts. I really shouldn't. It's really rude.

"Umm, I'm kinda wondering. How'd you guys get all those antique vases and stuff in here? Must be really expensive, huh?"

"That old hag likes this kinda things so I don't blame her."

Old hag? Did she mean their grandmother? If so I better give her a little advice on respecting her elders. Now's my chance to show Sanae how cool I am.

"Hey! You mustn't say that! She is your grandmother after all."

"Hey man, sorry about that I'd been holding i-"

And there he goes...

"Dude, good thing I brought a packet of tissues with me. Here."

"Thanks."

"Oh, there you are."

Sanae came back.

"I need your help with some things."

Chucky looked up at Sanae for a while.

"Sanae, your... sister... is so... MOE!!!"

"Uhh... She's not-"

She looked down again.

"Ummm, kid? You thought I was her sister? You got it all wrong..."

"Suwako..." Sanae said softly.

"I am the-"

Sanae covered the little girls mouth, preventing her from saying whatever she was trying to.

"I'm sorry guys. But you wouldn't believe me anyway..."

I thought for a while and then it hit me.

Does this have anything to do with that really awkward question she asked? Maybe?

"Sanae. I believe what I see. I don't believe in magic because I haven't seen things, like say, humans being able to fly like you said. Or even the gods. I've never encountered any miracles before so I don't believe in them. But I will believe in all that if I've seen it with my very own eyes. I hope that makes you feel better..."

Well I just had to come up with something right? Besides, part of it is true. But then to me, there are no gods. If there were, everyone would be happy. Not a single hint of sadness would be left in the world.

She began smiling again, not as wide and cheerful as her usual one, but a smile it is.

I guess maybe it really was because of that.

"Well, she isn't my sister. This is Suwako. And she's my... my... my grandmother..."

And then we all saw a stream of blood shooting out from Chucky's nose like a missile, across the room, right to the other side...

==========
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:50:48 AM by CS »
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #97 on: April 26, 2011, 09:19:24 AM »
And then we all saw a stream of blood shooting out from Chucky's nose like a missile, across the room, right to the other side...

==========
Chucky has a fetish for loli grandmothers? Oh my.

« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2011, 12:15:13 AM »
Dang, Suwako still has her hat? Now's about a good time to ask where she got it.

==========
Nosebleed Spark!

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #99 on: April 27, 2011, 01:24:32 PM »
Chucky has a fetish for loli grandmothers? Oh my.

What's wrong with that? A frog loli grandma is fine too, I guess :V

==========
Short #7?8? Part ? (Commercial Break?)

Never before have I seen such a strange girl, thought the blonde woman.

Everytime I go around "granting wishes" they always accept and greedily ask for something. Humans are always like that, aren't they?

Very seldom do I meet one like her.

Ever wondered if you could get YOUR wishes granted?

"Ran!"

"Gah!" shouted another voice.

"Oww... Mistress Yukari, I'm always ready. You don't need to hit me with that parasol. So please stop. Just call my name when you need me."

"No."

"No? Why not? It hurts..."

"Ah, Ran. This is how I should train you to be more alert for future emergencies..."

"Got any other way to do it? Please, Mistress Yukari? Just open a gap and call out my name. I will come right away."

"Is that so? Are you sure?"

"Very sure, Mistress Yukari."

"Ehhh? I wonder if it really will work."

"Yes it will! For sure!"

"Okay, whatever you say..."

Under the clear blue sky the two stood, under the white fluffy pillow-like clouds. Yukari instructed Ran to visit the local shrine to pass a simple message.

"Understood!" said the fox youkai as she took off.

"Psst..."

And then a gap between reality and Gensokyo tears open. The sound of air in front of this very screen ripping open as two hands appeared from within. Yukari held the gap open at its edges with her hands as she looked back from the screen, smiling.

"Hey there, I wonder if this new girl can really replace Reimu. I miss her already. But then she chose to stay in that alternate reality herself. I hope this makes her happy. And I hope Ran doesn't screw this up... This might just be fun... Oh and how do you like being rickrolled?..."

And with that the gap closed itself as Yukari's giggles echoed from within the gap, slowly vanishing together with the gap.

Who is this "new girl"? What awaits her when she arrives? What did Yukari mean? Find out soon... Or will you?...

==========
Madness?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #100 on: May 01, 2011, 03:34:08 AM »
Short #8, Part 6(/23)

"What was that noise just now!?"

Another lady appeared in the room. She was tall, had purple-coloured hair and really large-

"What happened in here? Why is there blood all over the place? Who did this? Sanae, honey, did you- I mean, it's not that time of the month already, is it? It's much earlier than expected."

Sanae's face then started glowing red.

"Oh, who do we have here? Sanae, you brought back not one, but TWO men from school only after knowing them for less than a month? How naughty of you~"

"No! I-I-I-"

"Tsk tsk. Look at you, stammering like that. You must be really anxious~"

"You got it all wrong! It's not what you think!"

"Oh really? Ooh ooh, does that mean they're new followers? Are they here to donate? Or are they here to give us their faith?"

"No, they're not! They're just-"

"Sacrifices? You couldn't get lambs so you're sacrificing human males? How cruel, but oh, what the heck. I don't mind. C'mon then, boys. This way to the torture chamber. We haven't used the guillotine in a while now..."

"NO! Listen, Kanako. They're my friends from school. I just invited them home for dinner. And when did we even get a guillotine!?"

"I see..."

"..."

"So which one's gonna be your boyfriend?"

Woah, that's embarassing. Both Chucky and I looked at each other, confused. Who is this woman anyway?

"NO! I'm not getting a boyfriend! They're just my friends!"

Ah... Even when she's angry, Sanae looks so cute that I just wanna hug her and cool her down.

"Ah, I see..."

Sanae let out a loud sigh of relief.

???

Silence filled the air as we could hear even the slightest movement. Even the sound of the crickets outside could be heard from inside the living room...

"So can we use the guillotine anyway?"

"AHHHHH!!!"

We were seated around a large wooden table.

"Wow, this looks delicious! Sanae did you make all this?"

"Yes, Chucky. Dig in, please."

As he said. Yes it's pretty damn awesome. I've never seen food this appetizing before. The chicken looked great, roasted to a golden brown colour. The aroma was just... so... Oh~ Everything else, the salad, the fish, the Oh~

Sanae looks like a really independent girl and all but I never expected her to be a good cook as well. Damn, Sanae... You are the perfect girl indeed... If only you were my-

"S-S-Sa...na...e? Is this Heaven?"

Chucky...

"I think I really am in Heaven... God, is that you?"

"*cough cough*how ironic..."

What was that? I thought that woman from earlier just said something. I wonder who she is, though. Well it's none of my business so I'd rather not ask.

"Sanae, will you be my wife?..."

I almost jumped from my seat. I decided to kick Chucky's shin under the table.

"Ouc-"

"Come on, man. Don't say weird stuff like that. Her sis- I mean grandmother is right there, can't you see? Do you wanna lose all your pride the very first time we come here? You're setting up a really bad first impression." I scolded him softly.

"Hm? What's going on here?"

The 'grandmother' was looking at us weird. What's her name again? Uhhh... Oh yeah, Suwako.

"They're fighting over who gets Sanae!"

It was that woman again. I bet she was about to say something weird again had Sanae not interrupt and asked us to enjoy the meal.

"Everyone, please! Can we just settle down and enjoy this moment together?"

"Sigh. Alright then..."

I finally got the chance to take a bite of that chic-

Heaven? Is this Heaven?

My god! Now I understand...

And then I scooped up some soup with my spoon and-

If that was Heaven, I don't know what this is...

It's so good that- that I- oh, I don't even know what life is anymore...

It scrambles my tastes buds and it's as if the soup is alive, standing right in front of me this very moment and laughing at me with the troll face, rubbing in my face the fact that I had never tasted anything near as mouth-watering, as delicious, as heart-stopping or breathtaking as this before.

God, I think you do exist now. If something as heavenly as this almighty soup exists, I think many other things exist as well...

"It's frog soup! Hear them croaking in your tummy right now?"

*cough* What!? *cough*

I almost chocked when I heard the woman say that.

I looked around for a while.

Frogs aren't really that far from being a delicacy. Actually, they are in certain parts but I just personally dislike them because of some bad childhood memories...

Chucky looked at me and whispered to me.

"Are you thinking about frogs again? Cool! Flashback!"

"Daddy, are we there yet? I'm tired..."

"Just a little more..."

No matter how much we walked, everytime I asked him whether we were there already, he just gave me that grin and that same answer...

And then I was too tired. My legs were shaking. I could take it no more. And then I fell... face first...

"Owwww... Daddy?"

I lifted my head. He wasn't there.

I looked around, scanning every corner, every tree around me. He was nowhere in sight.

"Daddy?"

And then I heard croaking...

Really, really LOUD croaking...

I looked to my right and it was right there...

A huge frog the size of my five-year-old head, looking back at me as it just sat there on its four webbed feet, only an inch away from my face.

"AHHHHH!!!"

I screamed at the top of my lungs, which was something I had regretted right after.

The beast saw an opening and leapt right into my mouth, but because of its huge size it was stuck, making it worse.

I felt it squirming and struggling inside my mouth as its two hind legs outside kept moving about, making me feel like throwing up, even though I couldn't even if I tried because its half of its huge body was already in my mouth. I felt its tongue as it kept moving it, hitting the back of my throat.

I was suffocating. It got harder and harder to breathe.

I collapsed onto the muddy floor with my hand outstretched, unable to breathe. Daddy was nowhere in sight.

I thought it couldn't get any worse...

It did...

Dozens of the disgusting beasts appeared out of nowhere; this time they're at least double the size of the one in my mouth.

They proceeded to leap on me and shoot those long, sticky tongues at me. Every time they touched me, it felt like a really bad sting so I assumed they were all poisonous.

And then I swallowed it whole...

Yeah, like I said, I had a really bad experience with frogs. Ever since then, I tend to scream like a little girl whenever I see a frog, no matter how small or pathetic it looks. This is the first time I'm acting so cool. It's all gonna be over soon. This is just to impress her...

Well, I know it was all just a dream in the end, but still, it was pretty damn real and scary, okay? And I was just five back then.

Damn it, now that I think about it, I am really darn pathetic.

I scanned the table and Suwako caught my eye. She was sitting right opposite the older woman an-

What? Don't you even think about it! I don't have such feelings towards her. Besides, if she really is Sanae?s GRANDMOTHER, then she must be married already, so I am NOT going after her. Even if this was all just a joke, I am still not going for her since, in SIZE comparison, she's practically nothing and a pedophiliac bear I am not...

Why am I telling YOU all this?

Well, anyway...

She was pouting and she looked REALLY annoyed at the woman for some particular reason.

Suddenly, Suwako lifted her arms and started continuously hitting the woman as I hear a very familiar voice in my head; one that goes "ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!"

Ahem.

"Don't listen to her, guys. It's not frog soup..."

Phew. At least now I can rest assured, since it was Sanae herself who said that.

"Suwako loves frogs; she will never make soup out of 'em"

"Wow Suwako, you made this? It's just... Words can't even describe it!"

"Thanks!"

And she smiled once again, sparkling under the light.

"Must... resist... moe overload... Arghh... Not... resisting... well..."

"Thank you for the meal!"

"Yea, Suwako. That soup really is beyond heavenly! Sanae, you get to have food like that every single day? Oh how I envy you!" Chucky said as he walked over to the bathroom to wash his hands.

I heard Sanae's giggles again. It really brings me joy.

"I'm glad you guys like my larva soup. That little firefly's gonna come after me soon..."

"PFFFFFFFFFTTT"

Yup, that was Chucky all right.

"Hahaha, nice going there, Suwako."

"Huh? What do you mean?"

She tilted her head raised an eyebrow.

"The joke on Chucky, I mean."

"What joke?"

"Uhhh... The one y-"

"Okay, guys!" Sanae interrupted, "You said you'll only believe what you see, right?"

I felt the mood suddenly change.

"Here, take my hand and close your eyes. I wanna show you something..."

"Hey guys, what did I mi- WOAAHH!"

"You too, Chucky. Come here... Take my hand..."

She stretched out her hand and he immediately grabbed hold of it.

"Okay, now close your eyes and relax..."

What's going on?

"What's happening, Sanae?"

"Shhh... It's a secret. Teeheehee..."

She seemed really excited about something, though. We'll know soon, I guess...

===========
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:50:53 AM by CS »
Madness?

« Reply #101 on: May 01, 2011, 03:42:37 AM »
Wait, who triggered the moe overload?  ??? Suwako or Sanae?
...as I hear a very familiar voice in my head; one that goes "ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!"
What is this? It sounds familiar.

pokecatch

• I am underage
  • And therefore, I am banned
« Reply #102 on: May 01, 2011, 03:54:09 AM »
...as I hear a very familiar voice in my head; one that goes "ATATATATATATATATATATATATATATA!"
Wait, who triggered the moe overload?  ??? Suwako or Sanae? What is this? It sounds familiar.
oooh, flashback!
post 1: RATATATATATATAT
post 2: ATATATATTATATA
post 3: RATATATAT
post 4: WHAT DO YOU WANT?! [picture of rattata from pokemon]

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #103 on: May 05, 2011, 11:28:06 AM »
Wait, who triggered the moe overload?  ??? Suwako or Sanae?

Suwako Moe Explosion! (Does damage equal to the user's MOE-ness in a radius of 10 miles from the user)

What is this? It sounds familiar.

Here's a clue, thick eyebrows, muscular man, and *Hokuto Hyakuretsu Ken*

==========
Short #8, Part 7(/23)

"Okay, you can open your eyes now..."

And so we did.

"Uhh... Sanae?"

"Yea?" she replied with a smile, but this time it showed worry, as if she was afraid we wouldn't accept something she just did. But what?

"What was that for?"

"You said you wanted to see magic?"

"I never specifically said that, but-"

"Great! Take a look outside..."

I walked over to the window and peeked outside.

"What am I supposed to see?"

I mean, all I see is no different from when I came. Same trees, same steps, same little horny girl running around outside with a sake gour- wait...

WHAT!?

"Sa-na-*hic*-E! You're *hic* back!"

"Hey, who is she? Actually WHAT is she?"

"Sigh. Just a little moocher..."

"Moo*hic*cher? How can you *hic* say that? You're so *hic* mean! Aren't we fr*hic*. We?re friends, aren?t we? Oh, come on..."

"What did you do, Sanae? Why does she have horns? Oh I get it, she's cosplaying?"

Am I right? She looks familiar, though, but I just can't point it out... Is she some oni, some kinda Deva of the Mountain from some shooting game? Wait, what am I talking about, I don't even know...

I went over to the little girl.

She looks... drunk?

"Hey little girl, you don't look so well..."

I put my hand on her head to pat her; taking this opportunity to touch her 'horns'.

For cosplay material, these sure feel real. They're really long and hard like... like... like a man's...

...wooden kendo sword used for those training sessions and club practices. Yeah, they're just so long and hard, huh?

I continued rubbing them as if I were trying to polish them.

"Sanae, what is this man doing? Is he- GASP! Get away from me, pervert!"

"Uhh... Sorry! I didn't mean anything by it, I was just... just... fascinated-"

"Per*hic*vert!"

"Sanae, isn't she a little too young to drink? She looks really drunk. And I mean REALLY drunk."

"Oh, just ignore her. She's always drunk. It's normal."

"What? And her parents just let her run around and drink all she wants like that? She's like, in elementary school?"

We both looked at her as the horned girl ran in circles shouting "WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!..."

"Hey, watch your step!"

My warning was in vain when she tripped over her own shoelaces. Wait, this doesn't make sense. Why did she have those laces on, she wasn't even wearing shoes!

"Ouch! Sorry...*hic*" she rubbed her head as she apologized to the person she had landed on.

Any second now...

"Oh it's oka-... Ugh? chest... rubbing me... so... nice... and... flat... like... a whiteboard... so? smooth... Ah~"

And there he goes again. Luckily I brought a spare packet of tissues.

"Nyahahahaha... Look who's laughing, you're flat too!"

"Ummm... Suika? He's a man..."

"He is? Why'd you bring men here all of a sudden? Are they new believers?"

"Not this again..."

"They're not? Kanako! Get the guillotine, quick! Sacrifices!"

"Suika, please. We don't have much time so please do not fool around like this."

"Okay..."

?So, let?s just start with the introductions. Guys, this is Suika. She LOVES-?

?SAKE!!! WEEEEEE!!!?

?O?kay??

?And these are my friends, Syouji and Chucky. Say hi to them.?

?So the flat-chested one is Chucky, I see? *hic*?

?Suika, I?m just showing them around. If you don?t mind??

?Oh? okay??

?Thanks??

?I?ll go get the guillotine for you then.?

?NO!?

?Axe??

?NO!?

?That thingamajig that you strap the person?s hand on, put his finger into the hole thingy and then pressing the lever to de-fingernail him??

?NO!!! Wait, what do you mean by that anyway??

?You know, *hic* that one Kanako showed me not long ago? Remember??

What kinda ?thingamajig? is that?

?Hey, Sanae. Isn?t it getting a little late? Shouldn?t they get home by now? Maybe next time??

?B-but Suwako! Oh, never mind then. Sure. Guys, how about next week? You can come over and we can study together at my place, then I?ll show you something really special!?

?Special, she says??

?Chucky, don?t even think about it??

He turned to look at Suwako.

?No, Chucky, not her either. And no, man. Not even that little girl just now.?

?But? But why? She said it herself, that she will show us something special??

Sigh.

?Well, let?s get going now. Bye Sanae, thanks for the meal and all??

?Wait!?

?What??

?Come back into the shrine first!?

?Why??

We slowly descended the steps.

?We should quickly get home before the sun sets. Chucky?s a little afraid of walking in the dark.?

?No, I?m not!?

?What about the time you screeched like a little girl when I tapped you on the back that night??

?That was? uhhh? another girl somewhere else! Yea, that?s it??

?He?s right, kid. You better get home quick. The darkness is something you don?t wanna mess with.?

Since the elder woman has spoken, I guess maybe we really should get going now.

?Bye girls,? we said as we waved our hands goodbye.

?WAIT!?

?What is it Sanae??

?Sanae, get them inside, quick!? I heard Suwako whispered into Sanae?s ear.

Without hesitation, she grabbed both our hands and pulled us back up.

?Hey, what was that for??

A mysterious figure suddenly appeared. A tall, dark figure. A woman, I presume?

She slowly approached the shrine, taking very small steps under her extremely long dress.

As she got closer, I realized she was but an ordinary woman with her blonde hair neatly tucked into her weirdly-shaped hat. But what caught my eye wasn?t the mysterious beauty of this woman bu-

?Damn, Syouj. They?re big? MUCH bigger than Sanae?s, huh??
Well, now that he mentioned it. Yeah, she is really well-endowed and her figure is almost perfect. But that wasn?t what really caught my eye. What really caught my eye was those fluffy things on her back. What are they?

?Good evening, miss shrine maiden. Good to see you?re home.?

?What is it that you want? And please, I have a name??

?I?m sorry. But the mistress has a message for you, miss shrine maid- I mean, Shrine Maiden of Miracles, Miss Kochiya??

?

==========
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:50:58 AM by CS »
Madness?

« Reply #104 on: May 07, 2011, 10:55:48 AM »
Oh my goodness Suika is so hyper it's funny KILL THE UNBELIEVERS MUHAHAHAHAHA!  :getdown: Unfortunately, Syouji does not know what he has gotten himself into. Poor guy.

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #105 on: May 08, 2011, 09:54:17 AM »
Short #8, Part 8(/23)

"Okay class, we'll be having a pop quiz today!"

Oh damn that screeching voice of a banshee's waiting to drain your soul out. Well, I'd actually rather listen to that than this.

I turned to my left.

Chucky was doing it his way again, sleeping through the whole thing with those eyes as if he had his eyelids surgically removed.

I turned to look at Sanae.

Not her too?

I decided to poke her on the back a few times.

"Huh? Wha? Did I fal-"

"Yeah, pop quiz time."

She rubbed her eyes and quickly wiped her drool off her table; her face turning all red, hoping no one saw it. Ah~ she looks so cute no matter what she does...

"Okay class you may begin. When the bell rings, put it on my table, ya? No question?"

Here we go then...

RING!

Wow, how did she finish so quickly? She finished the entire paper of fifty questions within ten minutes. She was already asleep again when I was not even halfway through the paper.

"Okay I'll be marking your papers and you'll be getting your score by the time the last bell rings, ya?"

With that, she left.

"Thank you, Jesus! My ears! They've never felt more relieved!"

The class burst into laughter and so did our local shrine maiden.

Which reminds me...

"Hey, Sanae. Why is it that you are always tired on Tuesdays? Especially at this time?"

She blushed and turned away.

So cute?

If Chucky had seen that-

SPLOOOSH

WOAH! It's a puddle of crimson red-

"So... cute..."

"Wait, weren't you asleep?"

"Yeah, but I still sensed it, somehow."

"Is that even possible?"

"I don't know, ask the guy who wrote this!"

"What?"

"Huh?"

?What do you mean??

?What do you mean, what do I mean??

?I mean, what do you mean by that??

?I don?t know what you?re talking about.?

?What did you mean when you said that??

?What??

"That, what you said just now.?

?Said what??

?That??

?Who??

?You.?

?What did I say??

Sanae giggled.

?Guys, this is getting a little awkward. And look it?s time for the next lesson.?

?Oh??

?

I still have one thing bothering me, though.

Was Sunday night real?

I mean, everything that happened that night? Was it all just a dream? Did Chucky and I fall asleep at her place or something? I only remembered meeting her so called ?grandmother?, in case I didn?t dream that too. I can?t ask Chucky to know whether or not everything back then happened since, you know, he tends to daydream a lot and was probably doing it the whole time so I doubt I can trust his answers anyway.

I recall seeing a little girl who was cosplaying as some sake-drinking horned demon of some sort, and this blonde lady who had several fluffy tails protruding from her back. She said something about some message from some mistress or something. It didn?t really make any sense, though. Still doesn?t...

?I don?t understand this either, but when I asked her all she said was to tell you this: Good luck with your job and oh, when that night comes, do not come over ask for my help for I?ll be pretty lazy then. All you need to know is that I am NOT behind it. That is all, Miss Kochiya. Have a pleasant evening, and please do drop by sometimes for some tea. The mistress will love having guests over. Just don?t come by when she?s asleep.?

What was that all about? If it really were a dream, how the heck did my imagination go so wild and make up a story like that? Oh well, better not ask Sanae, else she?ll probably think I?m crazy.

?Alright boys and girls, as you may all know, there?ll be a test in two weeks? time so-?

Oh shit! I totally forgot about it!

?

Yeah, so here we are again; back at the shrine, ready to do some group studying with Sanae. Though, a better way of putting it would be ?Sanae?s Perfect Tuition Class!?

?Sigh. What a boring way to spend a Friday night, no partyin?. Sigh.?

?Hey, it?s not like we can cope with everything in class, ya? know. This is the best solution to all our problems, okay? Besides, don?t you want to spend a few days over at Sanae?s place this time??

?Geez Syouj, since you put it that way??

?Okay, good. Let?s go.?

?Suwako, here I come!?

?Did you say something??

?S-Suwako? Remember? The cutest ?grandma? in the entire world??

So that really was real?

?Go knock on the door then.?

?Why me??

?Coz? you?re the class representative, remember??

?Oh, you?re here! Come on in. I?ve prepared everything for you two??

Chucky pinched me slightly and whispered to me.

?Dude! You hear that? She prepared EVERYTHING! Does that mean this is all just her way of saying she wants us??

?Shut up, man. She can hear you??

?Hm? Did you say something??

?Oh, nothing. We were just saying how excited we are that you?re going to teach us every single thing tonight!?

Her face started glowing red again as she turned away from us, quickly inviting us in by waving her hand at us.

?Wrong choice of words, Chucky??

?What? What did I say??

?Never mind? Let?s go??

As we stood at the door, we heard three voices from inside...

?What? What do you mean send them home right now? We?ve already got plans for the next few days. They?ll be staying over.?

?No, honey. Just kindly tell them you have something else to do and maybe come again another day or something.?

?Yeah, kid. Need help from my arsenal of tort-?

?No. We?ve already planned everything. Besides, we?ll be having a test soon and if we don?t do this, I?m afrai-?

?I said no, Sanae. Hurry. We?ll have to go now!?

?B-But-?

?No buts! NOW!?

And then Sanae stepped out from the shrine.

?Hehe? uhh? guys? sorry, but? I? uhh? errr? ughhhh? I have something to attend to right now s-so maybe we can d-do this? uhhh? tomorrow, maybe? Oh wait, no? uhhh? Sunday? I?ll give you guys a call. Ah, I really need to go now. I?m really sorry I wasted your time like this? uhhh? please forgive me!?

She bowed right in front of us and quickly stepped into the shrine, sliding the door behind her.

?Huh??

?What was that all about??

???

???

?I don?t know??

??so??

?Wait!?

???

?She doesn?t even have our numbers. Maybe we should give her right now or something??

?No, she said she has s- wait!?

Without even bothering to listen, he just rudely barged into Sanae's home.

Sigh.

I must follow him, no matter what! I don?t want him to get into any trouble.

Together we stepped inside and a cold chill was sent down our spines.

?What was that??

?I don?t know b-? woah??

?What is it??

Chucky shivered and slowly raised his index finger and pointed outside the door.

I turned behind and?

?

?D-D-Dude? w-what just happened?...?

?? I don?t know??

?Pinch me??

?Alright?

And for no reason at all, he PUNCHED me, right in the face.

?Oww, what the-? I asked you to pinch me, not to freaking punch m-? wait? that hurt. This is not a dream then??

?I don?t know??

?Gasp. Sanae! I thought we told you to-?

?Guys!? Why? Didn?t I tell you guys to go back already??

?Sanae? What just happened?...?

She looks?

?Why is the sun already down? And what?s with this really huge full moon? It?s not even supposed to-?

?really REALLY angry?

?Suwako. Kanako. Can you stay here with him? I think I can handle it this time.?

?O-Okay? be careful??

This was the first time I actually saw her in her shrine maiden outfit. She wore this blue and white outfit with detached sleeves. She also had a hair pin -which was, strangely, shaped like a frog- clipped on the left side of her hair and her hair was tied into a ponytail. And she-

Wait? when did she even get changed? She couldn?t have done it that fast, could she?

?Where?s she going??

Suwako and the other woman, who was named Kanako I think, looked at Chucky and I and sighed.

?It?s a long story??

?

==========
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:51:01 AM by CS »
Madness?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #106 on: May 14, 2011, 09:19:32 AM »
Short #8, Part 9(/23)

"She has always been different...

"Magic?"

"Hahahahaha!"

"You have GOT to be kidding!"

"How old are you, Kochiya? Five?"

"What!? You still believe in magic!?"

Everyone laughed at her...

"Oh hey, Kochiy-"

"Don't get near that freak!"

"What? Why?"

"Crazy shrine lady still believes in magic, miracles and fairy tales..."

She was ostracised from the community...

"Oh, hey there Kochiya! Wanna grab some lunch together?"

"Huh? You mean it?"

"Sure!"

Even her friends...

"Hey, Koc- I mean... Sanae... Will you go out with me?"

Or rather, her ONLY friend...

"Huh? What? Uh, I, uhh, I-I-I, errhh... I don't know what to say..."

"Just say yes and smile..."

"Yes and smile?"

"HNNGGGHHH!!!"

"Teehee..."

"What do you mean by that, Sanae?"

"Well, I mean that I-..."

"That's enough!"

"B-but I'm sure Kanako would love to meet you once she gets back."

"No more!"

"No, I mean it. Please... Don't go..."

"Let go of me, you freak!"

"..."

"The guys were right. You ARE weird. I mean, flying? Magical beings in some crazy alternate world? A REAL GOD LIVING IN YOUR HOME!? The guys weren't wrong for laughing at me. I understand now."

"Please...*sob* don't go...*sob* please...*sob* I-I'm sorry..."

"No, Sanae. I'M sorry... I'm sorry I really can't put up with you anymore. You kept telling me all this bullshit about magic and this other world crap. I tried my best to cope with it. I just can't do it, Sanae. I'm sorry. You're crazy. They were all right. I cannot believe I fell in love with a freak..."

...never trusted her...

"*sob*Why?*sob*"

She then decided to transfer to another school. One that's far away so she could begin her life anew.

There, she made new friends. Nobody knew who she was. Very few actually recognised her as the local shrine maiden. She could start a new life like she wanted.

But then when she made REAL friends...

"Hey, you guys wanna come over to my place this Sunday?"

She started to have doubts about her 'new' life...

"Hey, do you believe in magic?"

"What?"

"Magic?"

"Hahaha, of course not. I stopped believing in magic back when I was seven years old. Now I only believe magic exists in games and television."

She was afraid...

Deep inside, she was afraid...

She knew nobody would believe her...

She knew she would be called crazy again...

She didn't want to feel that way again...

But when she got to show you her world, she felt relieved that neither of you doubted her. Yet she felt worried about your safety."

"S-so you mean..."

"Well, she's not really mad at you for anything. She's just mad at herself. And she's afraid she just might not be able to protect you, that's why."

"W-wait... when you mentioned 'god Kanako', did you mean the Kanako Moriya of this shrine?"

"What? No, of course not!"

"Oh, I see. For a second there I really thought you wer-"

"I'm Kanako Yasaka, goddess of wind and rain, nice to meet you. We forgot about the introductions back then, huh?"

"Wait, then why is it called the Moriya Shrine?"

"Wow, I'm actually surprised you didn't even flinch when you found out you're talking to a god."

"Uhh? Yea, so? I never believed in a god anyway. If I did, god would have granted one of my thousand and one wishes by now..."

"Hm? And what's that? Gods hear your prayers everytime. Maybe you just weren't trying hard enough? Besides, didn't you get one already?"

"What do you mean, ma'am- God- uhh..."

"Just Kanako would do. Well, I mean... you got that whole 'exciting' and 'more adventurous' life you wished for, right?"

"Something out of an action movie, I recall?" Suwako interrupted.

"Wait, how did you?"

"We hear your prayers, ya' know."

"But that's just invading my private space!"

And they both smiled. More like devilish grins, actually. I mean, hey, they already know my deepest, darkest and most embarassing wishes I made, like that one time when Barney got cancelled or when everything Bear Grylls ate getting censored by giant black bars or when I wished for a bigger- wait, I'm not revealing this to you too...

"I still don't get one thing..."

"And what might that be?"

"Suwako, when Sanae said you were her grandmother, was it all meant to be some kind of joke? You are definitely NOT her grandmother, are you?"

"Well, of course not!"

"Haha... I knew it. So you really were just her si-"

"...I'm a great ancestor of hers, Suwako Moriya." she said as she politely curtsied.

"M-M-Mori-"

"Err, guys... I think you should take a look at this..."

Oh, we almost forgot about Chucky. He has been sitting there so silently the whole time, staring into the full moon.

"Look... Lights!"

He pointed at the moon.

Was he kidding?

"Beautiful green balls of light!"

"What's wrong with him?"

"Green light?"

"Wait... That can only mean... EVERYONE GET DOWN!"

"What?"

Both Suwako and Kanako grabbed our heads and pushed us down.

And suddenly, as Chucky said, hundreds upon hundreds of green balls rocketed into the room, trashing every window and furniture, yet the antique vases remain untouched.

After a while it all stopped. There was but dead silence.

"What... on earth just happened?"

Suwako stood up.

"You!" a voice was heard from outside.

"..."

"You friend! Wait..."

And we heard the sound of paper, like someone flipping pages.

"I mean, you FIEND!"

"Oh come on, little firefly. It's the cycle of life."

"They were just kids! Babies, even! You monster!"

"Don't get mad, little firefly. That's just lif-"

"Cirno's been freezing tadpoles recently. Her chances of success with them is twice as much as with full grown froggies..."

"She WHAT!? THAT DARN ICE FAIRY! I'M GONNA GO THERE AND PLUCK OUT HER FFF-"

And then she stopped and stared at us.

"See? You're no different..." said the voice from outside.

"Ahem", Kanako stood up, suddenly so elegant and ladylike, "So, here's the thing, are you or are you not involved in this whole moon incident?"

"What? Incident? What moo incident?"

"Look behind you..."

"What's there to- HOLY COW! IT'S A GIANT MOON!"

"I guess that answered our question..."

"But where's this giant cow monster?"

"Giant c- what? Oh, never mind. Anyways, I hope Sanae finds the culprit soon..."

"Hey Kanako..."

"...Hm?"

"You don't think..."

"Her? But she said-"

"Yeah, I know. But when was the last time she actually spoke of the truth?"

"I guess you're right. She did somehow forsee this whole incident..."

I don't know what's going on here. Everything's happening so quickly. If this is an average day for Sanae, I understand why people call her weird. Actually, I don't think 'weird' is the right term. I would say, maybe 'unique'?

I would actually prefer a life like this, though. Crazy as it may seem, it's pretty awesome being able to live in a world like this.

"So now we just need to get to the bottom of this. You two, please stay in the shrine at all costs. It'll be much safer."

"Just don't do anything stupid..."

"Wai-"

"HEY! GODDESS! STOP! WHERE ARE YOU TWO GOING!?"

But then they all left. Now it's just me. And Chucky of course.

I don't feel as safe as they said, though. I'm left here alone, with Chucky. He's no Chuck Norris that can protect us all. He's just Chucky...

"Hey, wait! Chucky! Where are you going?"

He dashed off while chuckling. It felt so suspicious that I just HAD to follow him.

"Hey!"

He looked on the bed.

"White with green stripes... Sanae! Am I in Heaven or what?"

"Dude, what are you- DUDE!"

"*sniff* Oh, God! *sniff* I wish I could smell this scent everyday! *sniff* Ah~"

"DUDE! YOU'RE DISGUSTING! You know if she finds out, you're gonna-"

"If neither of us tells then she won't know, right? Oh Sanae..."

----------

Meanwhile somewhere far away...

"ACHOOO!"

"Gesundheit."

"Oh? I see the shrine maiden's catching a cold... How pitiful..."

?I don?t need your pity, vampire! Now spill it!?

?

----------

?Sigh. So what should we do till they get back? And no, don?t even think about it again!?

?Awww, why not??

?Because I said so??

?Sigh??

?I guess we?ll just have to sit here until they get back, huh??

?Yep??

?Gonna be a boring day then??

Well, deep inside I actually feel adrenaline pumping. Somehow, I?m excited about all this. This has always been the life I?ve wanted. Now I?m living it. I?m in a world where all this magic thing is real. Can I really just sit down here and do nothing?

I have to, huh? I have no alternative now?

And then we heard it?

?♪~AH~♪?

?

==========
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:51:04 AM by CS »
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #107 on: May 14, 2011, 02:01:41 PM »
Oh no, We're nearing the end. Did Chucky really do what I think he did?
"whoops i stole some girls panties better drink my own piss" man I am now imagining chucky as bear grylls and it is glorious

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #108 on: May 16, 2011, 12:07:18 PM »
Short #8, Part 10(/23)

And so here we are.

The melodious song remains stuck in my head. I just cannot force it out no matter what. Even after closing my ears, the song can still be heard.

The song was sung by a beautiful voice indeed, the voice of a goddess' you can say.

However, every passing second, everything around me grows darker and darker...

"Chucky?" I called out but nothing came out.

"Don't worry. I can still hear you..." a mysterious voice said.

"Who's there? Who are you? What's happening?"

"I'm here to help you..." said the voice, albeit not very convincing.

"Don't worry. I'm on a diet. I won't eat you..."

"What? Who are you?"

"I'm here to help you! You've been cursed with night blindness. You need some lam-"

"Get away from my friends, you con-artist!"

Wait, was that...

"OUCH!"

Everything became visible again.

"What just happened? Sanae, is that you?"

"Phew. Good thing I came back in time."

"Who was that anyway?"

"Oh, you mean her?" she asked, pointing outside at a girl with pink hair who had her back facing us as she ran away down the steps, into the distance, never once looking back. "She's the local con-artist in the village. She uses her powers to cause night-blindness, surrounding the person in darkness, and then she attempts to sell them her grilled lampreys which are said to cure the so-called 'curse' as she slowly removes the affects of her songs herself. Pretty expensive, too. Although I have tried it and it's really good actually. She sells them in the village but I never knew she sells them out here too."

"I... see..."

"Where's Suwako and Kanako?"

"Them? They went out..."

"What? Where?"

"I don't know."

"Those two... I thought I told them to stay here. I can handle this myself."

"Hey, Sanae. Do you do this kinda stuff all the time? These... incidents?"

"Yes, actually. Exterminating youkai. That's my job."

"Youkai?"

"So you're a superhero!?" Chucky interrupted.

"Teehee. I don't know if you can call me that but yeah, sorta."

"Cool! So you're like one of those superheroes running around, saving the world in their brightly-coloured rubber undies!?"

I gave Chucky the slap he deserved. On the back...

"Ow, what was that for?"

I did nothing but stare at him for a good minute or so. Sanae's face was still slightly red.

"Oh, okay. Sorry..."

"Anyway..." I turned to Sanae. "So that girl just now was a youkai?"

"Yes. Mystia Lorelei. Most beautiful singing voice I've ever heard, owner of one of the best food stalls in the village and a really self- Eh? You didn't seem all that surprised when I mentioned youkai..."

?So many things have happened in the past hour or so. I won't be surprised if anything else happens now. You can say I've already shat bricks far too many times today.?

I approached her and patted her head gently, softly brushing my fingers between her soft, silky green hair.

"Don't worry, Sanae. I don't think you're crazy like what they say. As a matter of fact, I am really jealous. You have a great life here. It's really exciting and-"

"Shouji. You haven't seen the real dangers of this world yet. Sure, it may seem fun and thrilling to you guys but it's not a fun place to live in. Mystia just now was just a weak youkai. She won't even attack you if she knows what's good for her. But out there..."

She then gave me a slight push back.

"Out there, you have even bigger dangers like that vampire..."

"Sanae! By vampire, do you mean that vampire?"

We turned to look at where the voice came from.

"Huh? Suwako! Kanako! Where'd you two go? Why did you two leave them here?"

"Uhh, we- we-"

"We went over to that Yukari's place. Darn portal was closed and that fox didn't want to let us in."

"Yeah, she seems really suspicious, Sanae. By the way, is that vampire related to all this?"

"Nope. I just went face to face with her and asked her. Said she was investigating this too. Something about the moon not feeling right. By her tone of voice, she wasn't kidding. I guess she was really serious about investigating. She brought her maid along too."

"Then I say Yukari's behind this."

"I'm going out again." Sanae said, turning her back to the two.

"Sanae, wait!"

"And I am gonna take these two with me this time. God knows what you two will do next."

She held both our hands.

"Hold on tight..."

"Oh Sanae, before you leave..."

Suwako walked towards us and whispered something into Sanae's ear.

Immediately, her face glowed red and she released both our hands and then proceeded to curl her right hand up into a fist.

"PERVERT!" she shouted as she punched Chucky directly on the face.

He flew up, spun a few rounds midair and landed face first on the floor causing a loud

THUD

"Owwww..."

"You deserved that..."

"You don't seem surprised. Did you tell Suwako!?"

"No, of course not. But I don't think I'll ever feel surprised again. After all I've been through today..."

"So... you guys coming or what?"

"Where're we going?"

"Somewhere safe, that's for sure."

She held our hands tight.

"I hope neither of you are afraid of heights. Just don't look down."

And with ease, she lifted herself into the air. Her body felt as light as the wind as she slowly ascended from the ground. And then she carried the two of us into the air as well.

"You okay, Sanae? I'm sorry for this heavy burden you'll have to carry."

"It's okay. Just don't let go."

And slowly we flew...

Up, up high in the sky. The moon felt much closer than before. I felt the gentle breeze brushing against my face.

"Woah! I can see my house from here!"

"Chucky," I said, "We're not back at home, remember? We're in this different world, remember?"

"You just had to ruin the moment."

I looked up and saw Sanae's gentle smile. With the full moon in this beautiful night sky in the background, this is the most beautiful scene I have ever seen in my life. If my brain were a computer, I'd save this as a screenshot and set it as my wallpaper. Well, it's not, but then...

I put my free hand into my pocket and dug around for my cell phone.

Ah, found it!

I held it up and quickly snapped the moment into a picture.

Options> Use> Set as wallpaper

Now it's perfect.

I slid my phone back into my pocket.

I hope Mom doesn't try to call me here...

"Okay..."

Sanae descended from the ground and made sure our feet touched the ground first before she landed.

"Guys, I'm gonna leave you here with someone for the time being, okay?"

I just realized we landed right outside a simple house.

Sanae knocked on the door. Once. Twice. Thrice.

*click*

"Yes?" answered a mature and warm-sounding voice.

"Gasp. Why are you-"

"Oh my. If it isn't the lovely shrine maiden. Come in."

We were invited into the woman's home. She looked really nice and welcoming. She had long, white hair with blue highlights and she wore a hat that looked like a blue-coloured pagoda. She had the size of Kanako's or maybe even bigge- ah, I mean, her house looked very warm and cozy inside.

Chucky and I decided to take a seat. The chairs weren't the most comfortable ones, but I'd say they're really nice too after that little "journey".

"This 'full moon' isn't real..." the woman suddenly said, breaking the silence of the room.

"Yeah, I had a feeling it wasn't. Any idea who is behind this? I met Remilia and she certainly wasn't it. I have a hunch it's Yukari, though."

"Well, she's not."

"She's not?" Sanae raised an eyebrow, confused.

"Nope. I think I may know who is behind it all, actually."

"Really? Who? Do tell. It'll make everything much easier for me." Sanae's expression quickly changed to a really excited one, like a little kid being told they were going to the theme park.

I guess the two of us can only sit back and listen to the two since I doubt neither of us has any say in this...

"Well, even if you know, it won't be easy to find her..."

"I can handle it, that's for sure."

"Okay then..."

The woman cleared her throat and started.

"Ever heard of the Bamboo Forest of the Lost?"

"Gulp. Don't tell me the culprit is hiding in there?"

"Well, she lives there. If you slowly make your way into the forest and take all the correct turns, you'll end up in the front lawn of Eientei..."

"Eientei? I've never heard of it."

"You'll know it when you see it, that's for sure."

"How do you know all this, miss Kamishirasawa?"

"Hmm, let's see... Knowledge of History? Acquaintances? Lucky guess, maybe?"

"Never mind that. Thanks, miss Kamishirasawa. I'll be taking my leave now. If you don't mind, can you?" Sanae asked as she smiled at the lady with her eyes closed.

I ran out of tissues so I hope he doesn't this time...

"Sigh. I'm in charge of all the villagers' kids in the morning and now I have to babysit at night too?"

"Please? They're really close friends of mine and I don't want to get them involved in these dangerous situations."

"I don't know..."

The woman looked as if she was already stressed with this whole babysitting thing in the mornings as she said... wait, did she just mention babysitting US!?

"Please?" Sanae repeated, this time with those big, watery, puppy dog eyes that no one can ever resist.

"Well, since you insist, I guess it won't hurt to babysit two for a couple of hours."

"Yay! Thank you so much, miss Kamishirasawa!"

Sanae walked towards us and whispered to us.

"Don't be fooled by her kind lady demeanor, she's a wild animal, a chain smoker, an alcoholic, you name it. A real mean bully sometimes too-"

"Ahem. I can hear you. Perhaps I should reconside-"

"No, I'm sorry, miss Kamishirasawa!"

Sanae took a few steps back and headed for the door. She waved at us.

"Don't do anything stupid while I'm gone, okay? Syouji, please look after Chucky..."

"Wait! Don't go!"

She ignored me and left...

I looked at Chucky.

"Me? Monitor you? I thought you were supposed to be the class representative..."

"Alright, you two. What should we do to pass the time?"

"Hey, miss Kamishe-whatnow? Sorry, didn't quite get your name..."

"Haha. It's Kamishirasawa."

"Kameesheela what?"

"Cu-"

I hit Chucky on the back for I knew, since I've known him for so long, that he was thinking of something perverted...

"It's Kamishirasawa. Ka-mi-shi-ra-sa-wa."

"Umm... Miss Kamishirasawa?"

"Yes."

"What's going on actually? Sanae's a real good friend of mine and I really don't wanna see her getting hurt and all so I-"

Suddenly, the woman put her face right in front of mine, only inches away, and squinted her eyes. Her voice sounded deeper than before.

"You wanna see her?"

"Uhh, I-er-I don't know-I-I-"

"Quit stammering, boy! Listen up, punk. I want a definite answer. Yes or no?"

"Uhh-"

"No 'uhh's!"

"Y-Yes, ma'am!"

"Then what about you?" she turned to Chucky.

"..."

He could only stare at her in silence, amazed at the "sight".

With both her hands on his face suddenly, she lunged her forehead at the poor kid.

"QUIT STARIN' AT MA' BOOBS, PUNK!"

"Owww... Sorry, miss Sawa! Sorry! Oww..."

And then she got up and stood akimbo, both hands on her waist. She reverted to her kind woman persona again.

"Sigh. If I bring you guys to her, you're responsible for any consequences, okay? She releases her anger on you two, not me. And let me warn you, don't get that shrine maiden mad..."

"Why?"

"Nobody has ever seen her mad before. She's terrifying to us youkai as she is, I don't wanna imagine an angered Moriya shrine maiden."

"Wait... youkai!?"

"Yup... Half, to be exact..."

"Huh?"

"Never mind. So, let's just go? She won't be far."

She stood at the door.

With that scary voice again, she said, "Hey, punk! Ye' comin' anot?"

And there sat Chucky, still on the chair, rubbing his forehead, now red as a tomato.

==========
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:51:08 AM by CS »
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #109 on: May 16, 2011, 05:04:26 PM »
lolkeineusomen

Also, The only problem I'm having with this is scenes like this
"This 'full moon' isn't real."

"Yeah, I had a feeling it wasn't. Any idea who is behind this? I met Remilia and she certainly wasn't it. I have a hunch it's Yukari, though."

"Well, she's not."

"She's not?"

"Nope. I think I may know who is behind it all, actually."

"Really? Who? Do tell. It'll make everything much easier."

"Well, even if you know, it won't be easy to find her..."

"I can handle it, that's for sure."

"Ever heard of the Bamboo Forest of the Lost?"

"Gulp. Don't tell me the culprit is hiding in there?"

"Well, she lives there. If you slowly make your way into the forest and take all the correct turns, you'll end up in the front lawn of Eientei..."

"Eientei? I've never heard of it."

"You'll know it when you see it, that's for sure."

"How do you know all this, miss Kamishirasawa?"

"Hmm, let's see... Knowledge of History? Acquaintances? Lucky guess, maybe?"

"Never mind that. Thanks, miss Kamishirasawa. I'll be taking my leave now. If you don't mind, can you?"

"Sigh. I'm in charge of all the villagers' kids in the morning and now I have to babysit at night too?"

"Please? They're really close friends of mine and I don't want to get them involved in these dangerous situations. Please?"

"Since you insist, I guess it won't hurt to babysit two for a couple of hours."

"Yay! Thank you so much, miss Kamishirasawa!"
It's kinda hard to tell whos who, in specifics. Can you try to say after the sentence "x exclaimed" or something like that?

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #110 on: May 17, 2011, 07:21:02 AM »
Edited.

But then again, the two real world people tend to stay in the background, watching as the other characters speak and Chucky often spaces out so...
But yeah, I polished that scene up a little now. Thanks for letting me know. I'll try not to make such scenes with lots of dialogue and not mentioning the speaker again @@
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #111 on: May 17, 2011, 12:35:29 PM »
Eh, no problem, it's a common mistake. Incase you want to ever find out what else could be fixed (right now theres none - just for future reference) I think there's a post in the Koakuma's sticky up top. Read through it, might help.

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #112 on: May 22, 2011, 01:38:25 AM »
Short #8, Part 11(/23)

"Okay, boys. Have fun," said the 'kind young lady' as she smiled and waved at us. "Don't get yourselves into trouble..."

"Wait! Miss Sawa-chan!" screamed Chucky. Doesn't he remember her name by now?

"Miss Sawa-chan?" I asked.

"Yeah, she has an alternate, scarier persona, doesn't she?"

"Never mind," I don't get him sometimes. "So... what now?"

"I don't know. How abou- Woah! Did you see that?"

I looked around, not seeing anything.

"What?" I asked, still examining the place. Now that I look at it, I kinda understand what Miss Kamishirasawa meant when she called it the 'Bamboo Forest of the Lost'. There's no way anyone can make their way through all these impossibly tall bamboos, can they? Every single one looks exactly the same. I think we might already be lost.

"Darn it!" I cursed. "We should have asked Miss Kamishirasawa to guide us to Sanae first. Now we're lost..."

"Let's ask this girl then."

"What? Wh-" I turned to Chucky and lost my balance, falling on my butt when I saw him standing with a young teenage girl with black hair in a pink dress and- wait... She has bunny ears!?

I slowly got up, dusted my pants and began asking her.

"Err... Excuse me, miss... Hi there, we're lost an-"

"I know," she said in a cheeky tone, mischievously grinning at us. She stretched out an arm with her open palm.

"Huh?"

I got a little confused.

"Money first." she said, opening and closing her palms, wriggling her fingers.

"What?" I almost shouted, but refrained myself as it was rude and we needed her help anyway.

"Hurry, money first, talk later."

I dug my pocket and took out my wallet.

"How much do you want then?"

"How much do you have?" she asked and grinned.

I opened up my wallet and held it up to her.

"Oh... Outsiders I see? Should have suspected when I saw those clothes..."

"So...? Can you help us?" I asked.

"Hmm... Got anything to trade?" she asked again.

"Hey!" a voice boomed from afar.

I almost jumped but managed to maintain my cool.

"Are we finally on the right track?" another voice boomed; this one seemed awfully familiar...

Soon, three figures appeared before us. One of them was...

"Syouji!? Chucky!? What are you d- Why are y- Uuuu... That cow's gonna-"

"No! Sanae, you got it all wrong! Miss Kamishirasawa isn't at fault. We asked her to bring us here. I just can't stand the thought of you facing danger yourself!"

I sounded almost angry at her, but I'm not.

"Then? What next? What can you do?"

"Uhh... I-I-I... Errr... We..."

Now that I think about it, I never thought of that before. What can I do? I'm just an ordinary guy. I'm no superhero. I can't do a thing at a time like this. I can't protect Sanae. In fact, all this time I've been relying on her to protect me. What was I thinking?

"So? What is it?" she repeated her question. "What about you, Chucky? You're no Norris! What can you guys do to help?"

"Haha, you called her a cow for her-" Chucky said in a jokingly voice, trying to avoid her question and instead just laugh off what she called Miss Kamishirasawa.

"Why?"

Her voice became weaker.

"Why? Why d-d-did you g-guys come?"

And it began to tremble.

"WHY!?"

Then she finally broke out in tears.

"I finally made friends. REAL friends. Now I have to risk your lives because of my own selfishness? Guys, I'm really sorry..."

Then she began sobbing and wiping her tears off while the other two blonde girls held her by the arm; one patting her shoulder and another gently rubbing her back, trying to stop her tears as she continued sobbing.

"Sanae. It's nobody's fault. Chucky and I decided to come here ourse-"

"No. It's all my fault. If you had never met me- If only I'd never transferred. If only you guys never met me at all. Then you wouldn't even be here. You'll be living your own safe, happy lives at home. You'll live without regrets while I stayed there, in that old school, alone. I was selfish. I wanted NORMAL friends, ones from the Outside World with whom I could share my laughter and sadness with. I was too greedy. A freak to the Outside World like me deserves no friends. I only deserved friends who are here. I regret even living in the Outside World. It's filled with nothing but misery for me. I regret even telling Kanako and Suwako that I wanted to go to school that day. If only I neve-"

"SHUT UP, SANAE!"

That was the first time I had ever shouted at her.

"That's enough! You are not a freak, just different; unique. And don't call it the Outside World. You're making us all sound like aliens. It's OUR world. Don't forget that. And I don't regret ever meeting you, Sanae..."

"Uhh, guys. Sorry to interrupt this moment but-" Chucky suddenly cut in and pointed at some bamboos in the distance.

"Oh, I just remembered. Weren't there three of you when we got here?" the first blonde girl said.

"Yeah, ze. Oh yeah, Marisa. Marisa Kirisame, da ze~" said the other girl with long blonde hair in black and a white apron as she winked at us.

I looked around.

"Yeah, now that you mentioned it, where's that girl with the bunny ears?" I asked.

Chucky looked at me.

"Like I said... There..."

He continued pointing.

We all looked over at whatever he was pointing at and I was surprised to see two dark figures in the darkness, behind the bamboos; one taller than the other by approximately a head.

Suddenly, a red flash-

I blinked.

What's this?

"S...Sa- Sanae?"

Wearing nothing but her shrine maiden outfit, shred to pieces, revealing all but her modest parts, as she lay on the ground, panting, gasping for air and softly and weakly moaned in pain.

It's not as erotic as I made it sound like...

"Sanae!"

I ran to her and shook her.

"Run!" she said in a weak and exhausted voice.

"What happened to yo-"

But before I could finish, a bullet-like projectile fell from the sky and pierced her abdomen, only to be followed by waves upon waves of even more red bullets, mercilessly and hareiously pummelling the poor girl into the ground as a fountain of blood spurted out from her body.

The aftershock from the hail of bullets itself knocked be back a few feet as I fell flat on my back.

"S-S-Sa..na...e? SANAE!" I screamed as I ran over to her. "Sanae! Speak to me!"

Her body was heavily damaged, covered in layers upon layers of blood that was still gushing out from her horrible wounds.

I held on tightly to her hand.

"S-so...r...r...y..." she said as she coughed out blood.

"No, Sanae, I'm sorry for screaming at you earlier! Sanae no! Please!"

A single tear rolled down her face as she lost her grip on my hand.

"Sanae..."

Tears streamed down my face, dripped from my chin onto her bloodied, lifeless body.

I blinked...

Huh?

I was in a room, Sanae sitting beside me, leaning her head on my shoulder.

Then she lifted her head and asked me:

"Oh, you're awake, dear?"

"Huh? What just happened?"

I looked around.

I was in a room I didn't recognise. But it had a really comfortable and cozy feel to it. Very cooling, not very heavily decorated but it felt perfect.

"You dozed off while filling up the form..."

I was confused.

"What form?"

I looked down on my lap and gasped.

"A d-d-d-d-DIVORCE!?"

Tears filled her eyes suddenly.

"*sob* I'm sorry, dear! Please,*sob* don't sign it! I don't know if I can handle her alone.*sob*"

"Who?"

"Daddy, pwease don't weave Mama and me awone..."

Suddenly a girl stood beside me, hugging me so tight it felt like she would never let go.

And then the room began to melt. The walls dripped off like candle wax and Sanae's cries became distorted.

"I hate you for doing this dear... You destroyed our family! I'll take our daughter with me and run away!"

Her distorted and demonic voice made it hard to understand her words properly.

The room had become so distorted too that it felt like the walls were made of guts and blood.

"Goodbye!" the distorted voice said.

And then she grabbed the girl and they both jumped out the window.

"Wait!"

I ran over to them but I was too late.

I felt an aching feeling in my stomach and then when I blinked, I was outside the room, outside the building even. The world outside looked like something out of a horror movie. The sky was red like blood, the floor was all slimey and all the buildings looked like they were made of guts and intestines and were just plain gross. The air reeked of a heavy, putrid odour, like the smell of blood, decayed flesh and rotten meat all blended together into one horrid stench.

Right under my feet were two blobs of rotten flesh, crushed.

One of them raised one of its tentacles and looked at me with what had seemed like its eyes.

It opened its grotesquely big mouth-like jaws filled with razor-sharp teeth, releasing a terrible, nauseating stench that almost made me throw up.

And then it spoke in a very VERY distorted voice, seemingly sobbing...

"Da...ddy..."

And then it closed its eyes. But not before releasing a layer of stinky, reddish-yellow pus from its eyes; like tears.

I only stood there, silent the whole time, unable to say a single word. Somehow I felt sorry for it...

Then I blinked again.

Everything changed yet again and it was as if the world around me was made of cake and other desserts!

Sanae was standing in front of me, just a few feet away. She smiled and waved at me.

And then...

"SANAE!" I shouted at her.

She turned behind only to see a giant black caterpillar-like monster with its big, elongated body, smiling back at her as it slowly dropped open its jaws.

Sanae could only watch the insides of its mouth, covered with its sharp teeth. Her eyes widened. Her pupils shrunk. Her body trembled.

And then the beast sunk its teeth into her neck, slowly tearing apart her head from her body. Her headless body fell to the ground.

I could only watch in horror, from afar, the horrifying, gruesome scene as the beast devoured the head, only to proceed by digging its teeth into her lifeless remains, tearing apart her corpse and slowly devouring it too...

And then I felt an emanating warmth from inside...

...getting hotter and hotter every passing second that it felt like my body was boiling, about to explode any moment...

==========
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:51:11 AM by CS »
Madness?

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #113 on: May 22, 2011, 01:42:44 AM »
SUDDENLY REISEN
Though why'd she do that? That was kinda a dick move.

XephyrEnigma

• :|
  • XephyrEnigma
« Reply #114 on: May 22, 2011, 02:19:30 AM »
Just... what.
Iced-Fairy: "Danmaku is like soccer, except instead of hooligans you get fairies and the riot is before the game." 

My YouTube channel where I often screw about - Latest Upload: IN Border Team Easy Clear

« Reply #115 on: May 22, 2011, 02:34:17 AM »
Suddenly, one mindscrew session, courtesy of Reisen Udongein Inaba. I couldn't even understand that part anymore.

CS

• Undying hunger
  • Om nom nom
« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2011, 10:35:47 AM »
Just... what.
Yea, that's what I said the second time I read through it myself...
==========
Short #8, Part 12(/23)

?

I felt like my body was engulfed in flames?

And when I opened my eyes?

I felt voices piercing my ears, as if several people were shouting into my ears at the same time. I felt a slight ache on my back, but then everything disappeared soon after, as if it were all part of my imagination?

First thing I saw was Sanae, looking back at me in sad, painful tears. She was sweating and panting?

Everything felt ?back to normal?, but whether all that stuff just now was just a dream, or?

I really don?t know?

?A-Are you okay?...?

I nodded at her, examining everything around me to make sure I wasn?t dreaming or anything.

I hear the sound of heavy panting from up above.

I looked up and sparks filled the air.

Four girls were in the sky, in what appeared to be some kind of battle?

?Sanae? what?s happening here??

?This is why I never wanted you to follow me. It?s dangerous out here??

I looked around a bit more and saw Chucky, lying on the ground facedown, in a puddle of what seemed like blood.

I walked over to him and poked him.

?Chucky??

?He?s just out cold?? Sanae said from behind.

?Huh? What happened??

?I don?t really know either. You were screaming my name at first, then you looked like you were crying and then you looked blankly into space as if you were shocked to see something. I don?t know. I was really scared. It was like you weren?t with us just now? and I-?I??

She was about to cry again if I had not held her hand and told her not to.

?I saw? things. I just can?t explain them to you. But I saw a lot of things, I heard a lot of things, I felt a lot of things, I just don?t know what happened anymore??

?What did you see, then??

?I saw-?

And then I recalled what I really saw?

Everything flashed past my eyes again?

The horrible things I saw?

All the blood?

The horror?

?Never mind? I forgot??

Then I turned to Chucky again.

?What about him? Why?s he-?

Then she started blushing. Her whole head glowed red.

?He was? saying... very? perverted things??

And then she turned away.

?Wait, Sanae? What about all this blood? Is he still? alive??

She blushed even more and nodded her head.

?So? by your reaction? I would say? it?s??

She nodded her head again.

?Yeah, I thought so??

I looked up at the sky again, watching the fierce battle above.

The sky was filled with colours of all sorts, like bedazzling fireworks. Stars here, beams of lasers there, bullets everywhere! I just can?t make everything out. It was a beautiful spectacle indeed. As dangerous as Sanae said it may be, the view was just magnificent. I don?t think I would even be able to see such a view in a video game!

From this distance, I could only barely make out what they were saying, but I didn?t know who said what exactly.

?Marisa, no! Not that! Don?t do it!?

?Stop! Right now??

?What??

?Please. I can?t do it anymore. You win. Just don?t hurt me anymore??

?What was that??

?Please? No more??

?No way I?m falling fer? that crap, ze!?

?Marisa, stop! I think she means it??

And then I heard some softer voices, this time I was unable to detect what they were saying. And then shortly afterwards, the four figures descended.

?What?s happening, Sanae?? I asked.

?I? don?t know.?

The four gently landed on the ground, as if their bodies were as light as feathers. As soon as the taller girl with the bunny ears touched the ground, however, her body shook and she collapsed onto the floor.

Everyone crowded around her to help her up.

She slowly blinked her eyes a few times and looked back at us. They were just so beautiful. So red? and?

Is it just me or do I feel? dizzy?

I looked around.

?Who are you?? the blonde girl asked.

I guess it?s just me then?

?Doesn?t matter, Alice. She?s a youkai and I?m not letting her go,? Sanae interrupted the blonde girl named Alice. She then turned to face the bunny-eared girl. ?Who are you working for? We don?t have time for any nonsense so just spit it! Are you or are you not involved in this moon incident??

?I-I-I-?

Her voice sounded weak. She let out a cough once every few seconds. I could tell she?s already too weakened to do us any harm.

?Sanae, stop.? I grabbed her by the shoulder.

Alice and Marisa both helped brought the bunny girl up to a sitting position. Gently.

?Yo, sup guys??

A sudden voice from behind me.

?WOAH!? I let out a loud cry, only to realize who it was.

Yup, you?ve guessed it. He?s awake...

?What?s going on here? Oh look, it?s Reisen! Oh m- PFFFTTTTT!!!?

There he goes. Typical Chucky?

?Who?? Sanae and Alice asked simultaneously.

?Who?s Reisen, ze??

The bunny girl raised her hand.

?How?d you know my name anyway??

?Oh right! I just remembered, ze! I remember hearing the kid moaning? and screaming stuff like ?no Sanae-chan, don?t do it, I?m very sensitive there ah~? and calling out random names and all, like Suwako, Kanako, and I recalled him calling out some ?Reisen? or something? Yeah??

Then Reisen?s face grew red all over.

?Uhhh? what did you do to him?? I asked.

?I?m sorry??

She looked down suddenly.

?I?m really sorry? for making you? see things you didn?t want??

I just looked at her, puzzled.

?I?m no fighter. I thought I could have just stalled you guys here, but it just, somehow, only worked for you two??

?What do you mean it?? I asked.

?I can make you? see things... But it?s your mind that decides what it is and makes it real and- I really don?t know how to explain it to you. I?m just sorry, okay? If I made you see anything you didn?t want to? I apologize??

Everyone looked at one another, trying to understand what she had meant. And she muttered to herself.

?The Princess will be furious at me when I get back.?

?Princess? What princess?? Sanae asked, full of enthusiasm.

?*cough*Well, you see. The Princess asked Tewi and I to guard the mansion, to ensure no trespassers enter??

?Mansion? By mansion do you happen to mean some Eientei or something?? Sanae suddenly asked.

?Yeah, Eientei. But-?

?So what is she up to??

?I don?t know. She never told us what she was doing. We were just asked to gu-?

?What do you mean you don?t know? This is why I hate handling youkai. You guys are really good liars at times like this!? Sanae raised her voice, furious at the injured rabbit girl.

?Sanae, calm down. I think she?s telling the truth.? Alice said in a soft, gentle voice.

Alice and I held her down, preventing her from causing any further damage.

?Just listen to her, Sanae! At least give her a chance to speak, will you?? Alice?s eyes widened as she promptly scolded Sanae, only to return to normal again as she calmed herself down with a deep sigh.

?I?m sorry! I?m sorry I?m sorry I?m sorry I?m sorry I?m sorry I?m sorry??

Her eyes became watery as little droplets of tears rolled down her cheeks.

?No need to apologize?? Alice said, tapping her on the back.

?Yeah, ze. It was quite fun, wasn?t it? Risking our lives in an all-out battle like that? And look at it this way. Sanae managed to fix up her friends with some miko magic, right? Haha? All's well that ends well, right??

?Miko magic?? Alice looked at Marisa.

?Wait!? Sanae suddenly said, remembering something important. ?Where?s? the other youkai girl? That other bunny??

?Huh? You mean Tewi?? Reisen asked. ?She?s right th- eh? Tewi? Te- oh gosh??

?Why you little- You were just distracting us the whole time!??

?SANAE, CALM DOWN!? I raised my voice again.

Reisen began sobbing again

?I don?t know anything? Please? just don?t hurt me anymore? I can?t take it anymore??

Her tears began flowing like tap water.

?I never wanted all this? But *sob* the Princess? *sob* ? she? *sob*??

?Okay, that?s enough. Can you bring us to this ?princess? of yours? We?ll discuss this over with and everyone will live happily ever after again, as usual, okay?? Alice said with a gentle smile, her eyes closed.

?Really? *sob* You won?t hurt her??

?I promise we won?t?? and then she looked at Sanae, ??right??

Sanae gave an angry glance at Alice and pouted.

?Do what you want. If anything goes awry, you witches are responsible for all of it??

?Haha, you trust me, don?t you?? Alice giggled.

?You, I guess? but??

Both of them turned to Marisa, joyfully smiling back at them.

?What? Let?s go, da ze~!?

?Alright. I trust you, rabbit. But if you?re up to anything tricky, you?re as good as dead? or worse??

Sanae then showed her fist to the poor bunny girl.

Marisa jumped on her broom and the three of them left.

A light breeze blew against my face.

I saw Alice whispering to a little doll, which was somehow floating in mid air. Not that I?m surprised to see something like that?

?Shanghai, if anything happens to us and we don?t return, you know what to do? I hope??

The doll nodded back. Still not surprised?

?Let?s go, boys??

And the two of us followed closely behind her, making sure not to get left behind.

?Dude, ?ya alright?? I asked Chucky.

?Yea, sure? Just a slight nosebleed, nothing to worry about??

?Sigh? You do it to everything, huh? I can?t imagine what goes on in that mind of yours??

?Oh hey, you two. Just a little curious but? what did you two see back then??

I gulped.

?I? uhh? errr? uhhhhh-?

?

==========
« Last Edit: August 18, 2011, 09:51:15 AM by CS »
Madness?

Jes_Isaive

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2011, 11:17:39 AM »
So... it's like an alternate version of Imperishable Night with Sanae?
If it is, you've made it even better.

« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2011, 12:17:37 PM »
This.

Kips McKipzerson

• I never did learn
« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2011, 05:17:37 PM »
I sure as hell hope it is. But man is it amazing.
though sanae's still bitchy, its a great story.