Author Topic: Danmakufu - new Reisen scripts (includes bonus Cirno character!)  (Read 9762 times)

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
  • PM me for free huggles and love!
    • Entanma Project - indie game development
http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?c4onyjwo2g3

I've been doing these in my free time, but I think they came out really well. Someone I showed it to thought they were actual spells from Imperishable Night! The pack includes three spells and three nonspells (normal, hard, and lunatic difficulties for each), and a plural script to run all of them. I tried to make the different difficulties actually different instead of just adding more bullets, so I recommend to go through all of them (or at least Hard and Lunatic).

Some screenshots:

And here is Cirno. She's modified from the Sakuya in the tutorial, but they're not very similar now. Her shots delay before firing (inspired by Perfect Freeze) and have some interesting patterns, and her two spellcards are completely original (I hope).

Edit: Did I really forget to include the link? Wow, I'm stupid. I suppose everyone has to make at least one idiot mistake when they first join a forum...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 04:52:36 AM by Azure »

Drake

Re: Danmakufu - new Reisen scripts (includes bonus Cirno character!)
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2009, 12:27:31 AM »
First thing I noticed was that you weren't using the right spellcard background :V

First two look a bit random and the bullets look a bit too solid, but nice otherwise. What's the deal with the last one? Also custom bullets?

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2009, 12:31:12 AM »
I used a different background because I didn't want it to be exactly the same. As for them being too random, it's really not. It looks better in motion, and the screenshots don't really show you how the spells work. As for the last one, I always wondered how much of a pain it would be if Reisen used lasers and shifted them around like she does with bullets. Now I know.

Johnny Walker

• Perdition Crisis~
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2009, 01:11:14 AM »
Don't be cruel, Drake! u_u

The screenshots looks interesting, especially the last one. I wanna try that script.

As for cirno, looks nice but the delay is a little distracting and I think her shots do too much damage.

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2009, 01:19:58 AM »
Added the link to the first post because I somehow forgot to re-paste it after closing the window and starting up again. Now I feel like an idiot.

As for Cirno, I didn't really have anything to base the damage on. It seemed to be about average with the built-in characters, unless you're focused and hit the boss right where the 4 beams cross. I'll tone down the damage, though.

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2009, 03:03:28 AM »
Downloaded, and they were okay :)

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2009, 04:03:47 AM »
Yeah the Reisen scripts were a little meh...needs more mindfuck :|

The laser web thing was pretty neat though, and the four-way one was decent.

The Cirno I like alot visually but yeah damage needs toning way down. Did you get the DPS tester scripts from the Sakuya tutorial?

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2009, 04:32:59 AM »
Thanks for the feedback. These are my first scripts, so it's understandable that they're only "meh." I'll fix Cirno, do some other characters, then come back to Reisen later. She wasn't a very good character to start with, considering how complicated her attacks are. (Though if I can judge my own work, I think the Lunatic version of Psychotic Wave is awesome.)

Okay, here is Cirno v2. The damage should be much better now. (I had no idea that the DPS was so high on the previous one. I modified it a little bit after I finished testing and didn't check the numbers. Oh well, now I know...)
« Last Edit: October 10, 2009, 04:54:01 AM by Azure »

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2009, 05:05:23 AM »
Yeah this is much better. This is a player script worth keeping, nice work.

« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2009, 05:46:54 AM »
Doo doo doo... Good stuff. I'm not a big fan of the bullet graphic and background combination. The background hides bullets so well, especially since they're going transparent half the time anyway, it's quite easy to get disoriented (thinking again, this is probably something you could pass off as "mission completed") and adds a really odd level of difficulty to the scripts. It's like "oh, this isn't that bad. Actually, it's pretty tame. So why do I keep dying!?" In any case, don't take it as a major fault. Still looks pretty. Also, the lasers you made for the last spellcard are quite badass, however rediculusly hard to dodge they are (where do they start, where do they end, oh shit I'm on top of one how did this happen I don't even).

As for your Cirno player script (I only downloaded and played v2), I find it extremely distracting that Cirno herself isn't actually shooting anything, only her delayed familiars. Even if she shot bullets that did little to no damage I would feel comfortable with her, but right now it's just such an odd feeling seeing my bullets getting shot a second after I get somewhere. I also don't like seeing my aimed unfocused shots passing by the enemy unless I'm at the bottom of the screen. S'givin' be bad joojoo vibes, mang. That said, I still enjoy playing as her, but in the back of my mind these things slowly taunt me...

Overall I like these scripts, but these odd feelings are lurking everywhere!

Azure Lazuline

• Looooove!!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2009, 07:17:24 AM »
The bullets are supposed to be somewhat hidden on the background. I always had that problem during IN, so I thought I'd replicate it. I might turn up the opacity of the bullets some though, and make the ends of the lasers more apparent. I originally made that as a bullet, then used it as a laser and said "that looks awesome, but the edges are kind of hard to see... oh well, I'll leave it." But hey, at least it looks pretty cool.

As for Cirno, the homing shots going past the enemy is intentional. It makes her "sweet spot" (about 240 DPS) in the corner of the screen, which is usually a bad place to be. It makes the risk factor pretty high, and it changes your strategy quite a bit to have the sweet spot off-center. As for the delayed shots, I'll add shots from Cirno herself if it really bothers you that bad. I like strange patterns, so I didn't think much of it.

Oh, and since I seem to be better at character scripts than enemy scripts, does anybody have any ideas for the next one? (I'd do Suwako, but pikaguy900 already has a good one.)