Author Topic: Post EVO Hype - Fighting Game General  (Read 146520 times)

Re: Pre EVO Hype - Fighting Game General
« Reply #510 on: September 10, 2015, 01:47:36 AM »
holy shit it's about time

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #511 on: September 10, 2015, 02:41:46 AM »
That's actually pretty cool. I'll give this game a shot sometime.

It isn't Six Stars though...

Spotty Len

• The Spottiest Len Around
  • Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #512 on: September 10, 2015, 06:15:21 AM »
And then Six Stars gets announced for consoles right afterwards.

Which wouldn't surprise me the least.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
« Reply #513 on: September 12, 2015, 11:29:06 PM »
Oh hell yes, super want that.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #514 on: September 15, 2015, 04:34:44 PM »
KoF 14 announced. Rendered in 3D, as is the current trend I guess. Innnnteresting.
Let's fight.

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #515 on: September 16, 2015, 09:26:11 PM »
It's just not possible to make big-name fighting games with sprites anymore, so I'm not surprised. Here's hoping it's economical enough to make a big roster, though :V

It is weird seeing the characters in 3D though. It feels like big redesign.

Re: Post EVO Hype - Fighting Game General
« Reply #516 on: September 17, 2015, 12:33:09 AM »
It feels like they didn't put any effort into this at all. This looks like a PS2 game with fancy lighting and basic self-shadowing.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2015, 12:45:12 AM by Not Bigode »

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #517 on: September 17, 2015, 06:12:37 AM »
Be grateful there even is a KoFXIV that is not a pachislot game. :V

On a side note, Karin was just announced for SFV.
Now that's something I was looking forward to.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #518 on: September 17, 2015, 03:26:18 PM »
I got Karin as my main now. :V

Kinda sad her rekkas are only V-trigger now, but on the up side she's got dirty mixups to go with em :V

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #519 on: September 17, 2015, 08:10:12 PM »
I think resource locking her rekka works out. Considering V's pace and stun gauge, having access to rekkas all the time would be too good. :V
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #520 on: September 22, 2015, 03:56:08 AM »
If any of you are sad that that one MLP fighting game never worked out, its non-pony spiritual successor, Them's Fightin' Herds, has started an Indiegogo campaign to fund its development. It's looking pretty good so far, and it's already close to a quarter funded despite not even being on IGG for a full day.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #521 on: September 24, 2015, 05:53:04 PM »
Is anyone gonna grab Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition when it comes out in Dec?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #522 on: September 24, 2015, 06:24:38 PM »
Is anyone gonna grab Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax Ignition when it comes out in Dec?
I miiiiiiight only because I wanna see how much better Taiga is from her bottom tier status. All I know her is that her sled move is a lot better and actually forces a knockdown from anywhere.

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #523 on: September 24, 2015, 06:47:28 PM »
I might pick it up too, I'm still having fun with Rentarou sometimes, though now my girl Emi is in here too...

« Reply #524 on: September 25, 2015, 01:26:09 AM »
As generally hesitant as I am to support out of date fighting games, AH3LM is just so good but I can't help but day one purchase it, though I haven't really put in many hours into fighters for months now.

« Reply #525 on: September 27, 2015, 02:55:12 PM »

I'll try to get (if my wallet allows me) it along with NitroPlus Blasterz (and before that, Blade Arcus and Koihime Enbu on PS3, and AH3LM on Steam)

currently using Akira (with Dokuro-chan, thanks to kawaiikochans) on vanilla version, will see if I like to play the new characters (quenser looks interesting, tatsuya looks fast with kirifuda and seems to have a lot of combo starters and some ambiguous left-right okizeme with his sister); don't know anything about the new red-haired girl (and I haven't read/watched any of the manga/anime from any of the game's characters, have only a little time available on weekends to try to explore that)
edit: some recent tier lists
https://twitter.com/ama_kara_suppa/status/647427637879566336
https://twitter.com/super_burory/status/647438443694297088

As generally hesitant as I am to support out of date fighting games, AH3LM is just so good but I can't help but day one purchase it, though I haven't really put in many hours into fighters for months now.

don't know if many will agree with what I'll say, but it seems to me that fighting games nowadays attempt to aim for freshness (looking and feeling different enough from what has been done before), so there will be different kinds of outdated games, for example, street fighter 2nd impact to 3rd strike, and 3rd strike to sfiv; the latter case features two distinct gameplays, and that distinctiveness may be a replay factor; in this sense, "fighting games don't have an expiry date". (I realize that a problem with fgs nowadays is that people come and go from them when they're released, as soon as another new fighting game appears, and thus the people that keep playing have less diversity of players, don't know what else to do besides keeping playing what you want and help the game get more attention; there's another problem, the mentality of "maining few games", and/or the overestimation of how much effort is needed to start learning a new game, something else that I would like to be changed but don't know how.)
« Last Edit: September 27, 2015, 03:07:33 PM by shadowbringer »
neku: now for something important.
Translations.
How much time do you guys think it will take for HM to be translated? Besides everyone's story modes and the whole menus, there's also the fact that the way HM's programmed is different from all other games. I bet it'll take two months.

lusvik: I don't mind about playing HM in japanese. The language of punching other people is international.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #526 on: September 27, 2015, 03:53:36 PM »
edit: some recent tier lists
https://twitter.com/ama_kara_suppa/status/647427637879566336
https://twitter.com/super_burory/status/647438443694297088
Seeing Taiga as S tier makes me very happy, she's more than viable now! Though I have to wonder what are the best type of assists to use for her? I use Enju because I like her too and she's a great combo-extender, but dunno if that's actually enough to make her good.

« Reply #527 on: September 27, 2015, 04:04:25 PM »
>best character is kirino

uh yeah no thanks :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #528 on: September 27, 2015, 04:18:38 PM »
>best character is kirino

uh yeah no thanks :V
Kirino and Shana remains top tier from vanilla, while apparently Asuna is now top tier too.

Meanwhile Shizuo continues to cry in bottom tier because he's not waifu enough RIP

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #529 on: September 27, 2015, 05:45:00 PM »
Shizuo still bottom tier? This is sad.

Rentarou is still pretty high though, that's cool. Emi seems low, though I'll still try to play her.

Did the Tier List actually change that much?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #530 on: September 27, 2015, 06:10:29 PM »
Shizuo still bottom tier? This is sad.

Rentarou is still pretty high though, that's cool. Emi seems low, though I'll still try to play her.

Did the Tier List actually change that much?
The only drastic changes seem to be Taiga and Asuna getting higher. From videos I'm seeing, Taiga's normals got buffed like made so a lot of them hit farther than they seem (making it MUCH easier to confirm into the A > B > C magic chain). Her sled also got a great buff change that the EX sled will actually forces the opponent back to the ground (and you can even confirm into her Supers from it now as well).

« Reply #531 on: October 04, 2015, 09:12:29 PM »
I should clarify that by out of date in this case I mean there's a new revision out there, though not currently in console form. But, heck, it's AH3 so it's all good. The awareness of a more current revision does give me a slight bit of pause, that's all.

Maybe mentioning that my other favorite fighting game of the previous gen was Tatsunoko vs Capcom will help indicate that I'm not afraid of playing a game with a small but dedicated community?

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #532 on: October 04, 2015, 10:46:18 PM »
I just wanted to say that THE BIG HOUSE 5 IS SOOOOOO CRAZYYYYYY.

Goddamn, EVO wasn't half as good as that. There's a Luigi in Top 8. Plup, Druggedfox and Axe got upset, Mang0 almost got sent to losers by Nintendude. Abate triggered a glitch 99% of the players there didn't see in 14 years of this game's life, sending S2J in Losers in the process. Scar and Toph going to Top 64.

And the Crews were huge. Sad Europe didn't win but it was a great showdown. Can't wait until Top 8 happens.

« Reply #533 on: October 04, 2015, 11:35:43 PM »
Smash 4 tho

Nario pls this is your chance

END THE STREAK

« Reply #534 on: October 05, 2015, 12:19:09 AM »
nairo pls

« Reply #535 on: October 19, 2015, 01:45:37 AM »
OH MY GOD

THE STREAK IS OVER

im so glad nario finally did it ;-;

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #536 on: November 18, 2015, 06:54:16 PM »
Just a heads up guys, GGXRD Revelator is confirmed for Spring 2016 release for both JP and NA!

This time I'm thinking of trying this game out because my girl Jam is in :V

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #537 on: November 18, 2015, 07:27:09 PM »
Gonna be waiting for the game to arrive in EU.

In 2018.

Spotty Len

• Yuuka Master Race
« Reply #538 on: December 08, 2015, 07:14:37 AM »
Hey, looks like some games are heading for Steam.
Namely, BBCPEX, GGXrd, UNIEL and... MBAACC.

So, while they won't get a penny from me for BB or GG considering they are one year old and the sequels are coming, I might get Melty Blood just in order to support it. I still wonder what kind of online they got though, it will be hard to beat the rollback system we already got.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #539 on: December 08, 2015, 08:22:45 AM »
It will most likely use MBAACC's default netcode. Maybe slightly improved to make up for more international netplay but only about as good as UNIEL's netcode probably.

Still, HOLY SHIT IT'S FINALLY HAPPENING AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

UNIST when though D: