Author Topic: Post EVO Hype - Fighting Game General  (Read 146620 times)

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
I realize I'm super late to the party here but a friend came over today to stay for a couple of days and got me playing Guilty Gear +R. Jam is made for me, this is so great. :V
Let's fight.

Man, it seems like we've got a good fighting game community here from the little bit I've seen. Once I get my PS3 hooked back up, we should go a few rounds.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Final two days to sign up for FotK2!

Currently have 7 people for Melty, and 4 people for Divekick and SamSho respectively. Help spread the word!

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!
Feel free to message me if you need anything!

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
  • and think about what you're doing
    • Music interests and whatnot
I let a certain steam group know about the Divekick tourney. At the moment, only one other guy joined, but who knows?
« Last Edit: August 01, 2014, 03:50:14 AM by Soichiro W. »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
Realised quite late that I messed up and put Sunday instead of Saturday. The tournament is indeed tomorrow! I'm far too used to holding tournaments on Sundays it's come back to bite me. Sorry for any confusion this may have caused.

Visit #sokumaidens on irc.ppirc.net for discussion and matchmaking for a wide variety of fighting games!

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Does anyone here have UNIEL and if so should I sell my soul for a couple of JP PSN cards and steal my friend's PS3?

Because this looks to be the poverty fighter of the moment and I've missed them so much. I still don't have BBCP yet and P4U2/GGXrd are way off on the horizon :[

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
Hey, can you remove Kmanhoven from the Divekick tourney? My friend who let him know about it said he had something come up.
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Sorry guys but I'm gonna have to remove myself from the Melty Blood tourney as I'm at the beach atm and the internet utter crap (that and I didn't bring my PS3 controller along to play on so). Sorry guys =/

Does anyone here have UNIEL and if so should I sell my soul for a couple of JP PSN cards and steal my friend's PS3?

helvetica

• Arcade Maid
  • United Federation
Re: Post EVO Blues - Fighting Game General | Tournament Results Up
« Reply #368 on: August 02, 2014, 10:17:40 PM »
That didn't answer my question dork :v

Twitter: @hipsterfont | Discord: helvetica#0573 | LINE: hipsterfont

He thought that on that same day he was to take the city of Priam, but he little knew what was in the mind of Jove, who had many another hard-fought fight in store alike for Danaans and Trojans."

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #369 on: August 02, 2014, 10:59:51 PM »
I came in dead last in all three tournaments.

God help me I just love fighting games no matter how terrible I am at them :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #370 on: August 02, 2014, 11:27:17 PM »
That didn't answer my question dork :v
whoops I quoted it planning to answer but forgot about it :V

Uhhh I'd say yes because it's pretty solid compared to the original UNiB which was riddles with infinites. Now it currently only has one infinite with Waldstein but other than that it looks really fun, though most characters are all about long range pokes and all (except Akatsuki which is why he's low tier :V)

I'd say yes get it, although it's being released in NA sometime in 2015.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #371 on: August 04, 2014, 11:59:26 AM »

You should seriously consider playing with us more! We'll all get better together!
Thanks for playing though, and I'm glad you (seemed) to enjoy it, regardless if your skill. It's always fun to mash buttons with someone regardless of the potential skill gaps~

Patorikku

• Weird country-bumpkin city-boy hybrid
  • (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #372 on: August 06, 2014, 12:39:18 AM »

Boy, do I know the feeling. Can't play any character/team in any mainstream fighting game, and my mains in Blazblue are Terumi and Bullet, (which, for the less familiar to the franchise, are often given crap for being easy characters to play) yet I'm always eager to jump into the fray.

Oh look, I got an image in my signature. Finally.
Click here for Tumblr nonsense.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #373 on: August 07, 2014, 02:05:05 AM »
Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax confirmed for November 13 release date for consoles.

And conveniently I got another friend being in Japan soon after that to grab me a copy :V

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #374 on: August 07, 2014, 09:15:08 PM »
I've been curious about something for a long time and maybe you fightan-savvy people can explain it to me. What is the purpose of guts defense in fighting games? i.e. in a lot of fighting games, as your health goes down, you take less damage. I was previously told that it's to reduce combo damage, but isn't that what proration is for? I don't see what it accomplishes, besides making it harder to judge whether an attack will kill or not.

Shimatora

• I'm not clumsy...
  • Really...!
« Reply #375 on: August 07, 2014, 09:54:21 PM »
I was under the impression it was to do with comeback factor or something. Maybe? I don't know!

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #376 on: August 07, 2014, 10:05:42 PM »
Magic pixels

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
« Reply #377 on: August 12, 2014, 01:21:40 AM »
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

« Reply #378 on: August 12, 2014, 01:49:04 AM »
so p3 protag when

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #379 on: August 23, 2014, 03:17:41 PM »
So since Labour Day weekend is coming I decided why not host a Labour Day weekend Melty Blood tournament?.

Gonna happen on Sunday August 31st at 1pm EST (time pending), so it doesn't conflict with the soku 2v2 tourney.

KaiserKnuckle

• You better stop,
« Reply #380 on: August 27, 2014, 02:19:17 AM »
░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #381 on: August 27, 2014, 01:02:28 PM »
Oh bloody hell. *Starts saving up for a Wii-U*

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #383 on: September 29, 2014, 10:20:53 PM »
My copy of Persona 4 Ultimax gets here tomorrow and I'm taking the day off of work. It's got big shoes to fill. I assume it will do fine. :derp:
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #384 on: September 30, 2014, 05:02:38 PM »
Just got my pre-ordered copy of P4AU, which apparently came with a Teddie blow-up toy and eleven rather large tarot cards. Yeah, just eleven, from 0 to X. I'm a tad disappointed in that, but I wasn't expecting any cards in the first place, so hey, might as well grin and bear it.

I'll report again on characters after I'm done doing work at school and got a good feel for new characters.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #385 on: September 30, 2014, 10:37:49 PM »
Just got my pre-ordered copy of P4AU, which apparently came with a Teddie blow-up toy and eleven rather large tarot cards. Yeah, just eleven, from 0 to X. I'm a tad disappointed in that, but I wasn't expecting any cards in the first place, so hey, might as well grin and bear it.

I'll report again on characters after I'm done doing work at school and got a good feel for new characters.

The rest of the cards come with a Persona Q preorder.

My package didn't get here until 5:00pm, so all the time I took off work was a waste. Oh well, I'll just stay up all night playing and be exhausted tomorrow. I love Junpei and Rise from what I've seen so far.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Patorikku

• (ง ?̀_?́)ง
« Reply #386 on: September 30, 2014, 11:13:38 PM »
Alright so Ken's a bit difficult to figure out, as I kind of expected. I might never play regular Ken, beeteedubs, because they kept his original voice actor and if you thought her voice didn't fit before NOW YOU KNOW FOR SURE IT DOESN'T WORK. Shadow Ken, on the other hand, I am totally on board for.

Yukari has a pretty nice feel to her, too. I actually love how her play style is set up. Probably maining her.

I don't know why, but both versions of Sho feel so good to play. I totally wanna main as him.

I haven't tried any of the other new characters yet, or many of the old ones, but I do know that Yosuke's move set has completely changed. I think his air game might've actually improved from the last game, but it might just be me.

Right, now I better go about actually learning combos and such so I can rock the socks off of local friends!

« Reply #387 on: September 30, 2014, 11:36:32 PM »
Elisa for Skullgirls is out

Spoiler:
and she kills everyone in her story

Sapz

• There's no escape.
  • It's time to burn!
« Reply #388 on: October 01, 2014, 12:21:30 PM »
Back on the Soku train with Remi once again. More or less resigned to never playing any other characters seriously by this point, Remi just works for me movement-wise (which is probably my most important thing to consider when picking a character). Rocking chains and REMI PUNCH these days and have levelled up my game a bit - current deck is amazingly good in diamond dust.
Let's fight.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
« Reply #389 on: October 01, 2014, 01:19:04 PM »
I've been playing quite a bit of UNIEL recently. And let me tell, it's one of the most fun fighters I've ever played. I haven't had this much fun since Melty Blood and the initial release of Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Even though I joined the dead Linne army, she's really fun to play since I feel she fits my playstyle the most. Fast movement, in-your-face playstyle, decent pressure and mixups. Oh and a divekick, even though it's punishable on block, but it still feels so right.

Thing is, I haven't seen this "Linne army" at all. In fact, I see way more Merkava, Nanase, and for a time Akatsuki. I've only ever came across one or two Linne.