Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471054 times)

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
We did use Hamachi for the second match. I don't believe the theme was playing, but I'm not positive. Have to watch out next time. Does that happen to you with everyone, or just that one friend?
Just with her at the moment, but one time we did have a good match. I might have to ask my other friends to play with me, but that might be if Tasofro releases the new patch and an English patch comes out.

Aaaand slight GIF spam time!

BOOOOOOOOOOOOING!  :colonveeplusalpha:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Why is there no gif of Kokoro's win pose? :~:

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
I'm too busy right now to create one with the source images, but I found this, if it can interest you;

Talking about gifs, does anyone have the gif of Orin without the background? (the one made with the source files, or some cut ones)

Nope, sadly, but I agree with what you said, if you play with the birdbrained bots, you can manage to get some Last Words quite easily, but against human players, it's almost impossible if they know how to play.

Well, they are Last Words and they take like 65% of your opponent's life. So, it is kind of expected for it to be not useable too often.

Talking about gifs, does anyone have the gif of Orin without the background? (the one made with the source files, or some cut ones)

found this using the Power of Google

it's a bit faster than the actual though

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
I don't really agree,  there is a difference between using it "often" and almost litterally never.
And if you get the 100%, you still don't have placed it yet, you just "have the permission" to do it, and some of them aren't so easy to execute correctly, even worse, especially when then opponent knows how it works and how to avoid it.
Not to forget that "if you use it at the end of a round and the opponent is still alive", you lose the round, since you lose almost all your popularity (and all of it if you miss or the opponent blocks it).

Also, I already made the same amount of damage (and even more) with some basic spellcards, in certain conditions.
So, it's not even like it's a totally unique and overpowered technique that will define the winner...

Anyway, I'd be glad if I could just use it once against some friends....
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 11:07:01 AM by ElGreko »

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
Something mildly offtopic... and I haven't checked it lately.

Does Reimu's win pose that shows her throwing an amulet at the screen the same one at Double Spoilers?

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Something mildly offtopic... and I haven't checked it lately.

Does Reimu's win pose that shows her throwing an amulet at the screen the same one at Double Spoilers?
No. The talisman in DS reads "No Newspaper Solicitations! Thank you" where as the one in HM reads "Religious solicitations rejected!"

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
Is there a gif of Futo's win laugh yet?
Probably my favorite win animation.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
No. The talisman in DS reads "No Newspaper Solicitations! Thank you" where as the one in HM reads "Religious solicitations rejected!"

Should have guessed that much. Thanks for the translation.

Athrel

• v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
  • v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^v^
Unless I'm missing something, shouldn't the palanquin ship not be a stage since it was turned into the myouren temple?

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
Unless I'm missing something, shouldn't the palanquin ship not be a stage since it was turned into the myouren temple?
That's why some people are speculating that the Palanquin can switch from the temple back to the ship on the fly. (no pun intended :P)
I finally got ahead!

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三

found this using the Power of Google

it's a bit faster than the actual though

Ooooooh, thank you so much, friend! I tried to use google a lot of time without finding anything. I love you, Mr.Fruit ( ̄ー ̄)

Is there a gif of Futo's win laugh yet?
Probably my favorite win animation.

This one?

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Number 1 rule of Taoism: You must laugh after every victory. Not doing this counts as a sin.

I do find it amusing how both Futo and Miko suddenly have these laughs. Not that they are bad (I can easily imagine Futo having this amazing belly laugh assisting Miko's evil laugh) but still.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
According to the Touhou Moto Neta Wiki,

Almost all of Nitori's Skills and Spell Cards are a reference to old arcade games. Tasofro's blog probably meant this by "ZUN's naming sense"

Mamizou's three Stage 5 spell cards all reference the same game.
In addition, the fake Miko spell also references the phrase Miko says after "Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance", which probably was a reference to said game, anyway.

Totally unrelated, but Cirno says Hata no Kawakatsu's name in the Extra Stage of th128. Don't know if it was supposed to be foreshadowing or not.

Marisa's 6[6]B, Ichirin's spellcards, Koishi failing 66A, Mamizou's Loss by Popularity(The backache one) would be good gifs, I think.

Really amusing to think how the Touhou version of Mononobe Clan's temple burning changed throughout the series.
In th13, it was referenced in a single spellcard, and the historical events are mentioned in her profile.
In Symposium of Post-mysticism, Miko says that Futo said she was afraid of Buddhist statues, and then burn them down.
In th135, in her Story Mode, Futo says that she has a 'profound relationship' with Buddhism. And then considers setting things on fire.

Byakuren regains a bit of spirit if she 'catches' 'used' X bullets. Quite a subtle special ability. I don't think it's mentioned anywhere.
Signature

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
According to the Touhou Moto Neta Wiki,

Almost all of Nitori's Skills and Spell Cards are a reference to old arcade games. Tasofro's blog probably meant this by "ZUN's naming sense"

Mamizou's three Stage 5 spell cards all reference the same game.
In addition, the fake Miko spell also references the phrase Miko says after "Royal Clan's Chaotic Dance", which probably was a reference to said game, anyway.

Totally unrelated, but Cirno says Hata no Kawakatsu's name in the Extra Stage of th128. Don't know if it was supposed to be foreshadowing or not.

Marisa's 6[6]B, Ichirin's spellcards, Koishi failing 66A, Mamizou's Loss by Popularity(The backache one) would be good gifs, I think.

Really amusing to think how the Touhou version of Mononobe Clan's temple burning changed throughout the series.
In th13, it was referenced in a single spellcard, and the historical events are mentioned in her profile.
In Symposium of Post-mysticism, Miko says that Futo said she was afraid of Buddhist statues, and then burn them down.
In th135, in her Story Mode, Futo says that she has a 'profound relationship' with Buddhism. And then considers setting things on fire.

Byakuren regains a bit of spirit if she 'catches' 'used' X bullets. Quite a subtle special ability. I don't think it's mentioned anywhere.

You mean the lotus? Interesting, might have done that, but never really noticed the effects. Good catch.

Sungho

• Custom Title
  • Personal Text
No, the spinning vajra bullets. When they stop spinning, that is.
I'm not the one who catched them. It was written in one of the Japanese Shinkirou wikis.
Signature

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
No, the spinning vajra bullets. When they stop spinning, that is.
I'm not the one who catched them. It was written in one of the Japanese Shinkirou wikis.

Oh... the weak projectile ones. Sounds like something that you can chain with a Buddhist build.

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
I'm trying to upload a video of a strange glitch I found, but the processing is always stuck at 95%. :/

Edit: I was messing around in Practice Mode when this happened. I used Miko's Last Word on Byakuren, and, well...
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 09:30:09 PM by LadyScarlet »
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

I'm trying to upload a video of a strange glitch I found, but the processing is always stuck at 95%. :/

Edit: I was messing around in Practice Mode when this happened. I used Miko's Last Word on Byakuren, and, well...

I remember seeing a stream where this happened. I'm trying to remember how to replicate it. Something about pressing either f1, f2, etc, or pausing. It was something like that.  :derp:

E: it can be done with any character. The stream I saw, had it done by Marisa.

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.

Kyouko, what the HELL are you doing?

Just sweeping some grass.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 10:02:15 PM by PhantomSong »

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~

Apperantly stopping time to beat the living crap out of Byaky. Hmmmm sounds mighty familiar!!
I finally got ahead!

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Apperantly stopping time to beat the living crap out of Byaky. Hmmmm sounds mighty familiar!!
Miko is the new Dio-Sakuya.
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

The time stopping glitch?  Everyone can do it.  You just gotta declare a spellcard and then press F1 (restart) while the screen is stopped and your character's cut-in shows.  That makes all bullets stop in their place until you declare again.  Only works in practice mode, of course, but it can make some pretty fun moments. (Futo's 50-boat armada slamming whoever you choose on the face anyone?)

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Oh, I didn't know that, even if not very useful, this is kinda fun!

By the way, talking about Sakuya, she doesn't seem to appreciate the dancing Orin's gifs around the web.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
By the way, talking about Sakuya, she doesn't seem to appreciate the dancing Orin's gifs around the web.

I died.

Kyouko, what the HELL are you doing?

Just sweeping some grass.
It's a Tanuki. Everyone on that stage is a tanuki cheering for Mamizou. They reveal themselves in the night version of the stage.

AnonymousPondScum

I am wondering when and why Tasofro decided that Nitori was not merely irritable and reclusive but insanely brash and borderline antisocial.

It's a Tanuki. Everyone on that stage is a tanuki cheering for Mamizou. They reveal themselves in the night version of the stage.

Well, yeah, but it's still silly for one of them to be sweeping grass. It's like trying to sweep a mountain, it's hilarious and weird for anyone watching.