Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471057 times)

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
One turns into a beautiful butterfly or a beautiful moth. The other just turns into a beautiful bee WITH DRILLS FOR ARMS
There, now it's correct.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Genso

• Worldly Illusion
  • まかせろぜ。
Nothing wrong with butterfree, a good pokemon for catching other pokemon in a nuzlocke run. Though not great for anything else.

Also, why is there such a large number of guests all of a sudden?

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
I don't know if anyone else has seen it first but I came across a cool little easter egg in the game. After a match, the newspaper that is then displayed on the screen will show today's date. Insignificant, but I thought it was cool!
I finally got ahead!

PhantomSong

• The Ghost Living through Everyday Life.
  • Eh, it doesn't matter.
( ̄ー ̄) Someone just showed me this http://orindancinginplaces.tumblr.com/
I officially follow this blog!

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
I don't know if anyone else has seen it first but I came across a cool little easter egg in the game. After a match, the newspaper that is then displayed on the screen will show today's date. Insignificant, but I thought it was cool!

Yeah I personally directly noticed it on the first day, and it must be the same for every other japanophones, I also think several people already talked about it on the topic.
But yeah that's a cool feature, I appreciate it very much, that's nice for the immersion, like if Aya was actually really stalking our fight to take photos and write an article. (if you also noticed, you can see her and Hatate on several maps taking some photos of your fights)

What really breaks the immersion is in vs. mode where if you don't finish a battle by knocking the opponent out, it'll show the picture taken from the previous battle that did.
It was funny the first time I caught it though.

Darth_Sirov

• Gensou Rounin
  • Profile Loading... Please Wait Warmly.
That does appear to be a bug from a previous version, haven't seen any more of those previous match ups. What is more interesting as Aya is in the background, so a picture for her newspaper is supposed to be inverted.

Tried Nitori, and while she rocks in vs mode, takes some time getting used to in Story mode as you cannot replenish your ammo capacity mid-battle. So it is possible to run out of ammo before hitting the last few spell cards (notable with Kokoro)

commandercool

• alter cool
That does appear to be a bug from a previous version, haven't seen any more of those previous match ups. What is more interesting as Aya is in the background, so a picture for her newspaper is supposed to be inverted.

Tried Nitori, and while she rocks in vs mode, takes some time getting used to in Story mode as you cannot replenish your ammo capacity mid-battle. So it is possible to run out of ammo before hitting the last few spell cards (notable with Kokoro)

Yeah, I main her and still had trouble with Kokoro. Against everyone else I was too conservative with my ammo and ended up with like half of it left, but I ran out at the beginning of Kokoro's second to last card and had to play extremely carefully after that.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
Did a battle against a Lunatic Byakuren man her AI is terrible. She only does two things during battle.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Did a battle against a Lunatic Byakuren man her AI is terrible. She only does two things during battle.
The AI doesn't use their specials. Ever.

They are limited to their A B X Y moves only.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.

This is why when I have the time, I want to netplay this, because even Lunatic AI isn't really annoying (Story Mode is different, obviously...).
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三

I really hope this will get fixed, I'm so bored of retarded AI.
Even in Hisoutensoku, the AI was really stupid, spamming and almost never using cards.

I never imagined that this new AI (since the game is more recent) would be even more stupid and ridiculous. Always spamming the same hit in loop at certain distance, never using any skill though there isn't a lot of different ones.

In addition of not having any Arcade mode, playing the normal game alone (without netplay) is boring...
( ?︿? )

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
Everytime I find out something new about this game it is slightly more ruined for me.

AnonymousPondScum

Everytime I find out something new about this game it is slightly more ruined for me.

Welcome to the club, bro.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I believe it's just more because of the fact that the AI doesn't know their special decks. They are only coded based on the decks you made for the characters.

things good about this game: you can fly everywhere and it feels like what a real "touhou" fighter should

things not good: everything else

AnonymousPondScum

things good about this game: you can fly everywhere and it feels like what a real "touhou" fighter should

things not good: everything else

So very, very much this. :V

At least *I* got super-badass Ichirin out of it but that's still not nearly enough for me to look over the other problems.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:07:46 PM by Puppy Puppy Puppy »

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
This needs to be fixed or everyone will go back soku if they haven't done so already.

oh yeah new deck system is miles better than SWR/Soku's stupid trading card game system

but the new popularity system is unbalanced and stupid as hell
you can be beating the shit out of someone but because they landed the first hit, a few counterhits, and spammed spellcards, they can have way more popularity
most of the time when I check the popularity gauge i'm always thinking wtf how do i have so much/so little popularity this doesn't make any sense

the game would be a lot better if you could turn off the stupid timer and then not have to care about popularity outside of last word shenanigans or if you're Miko
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:12:21 PM by Suikama »

I've been trying to forget about the A.I. I've only been doing netplay matches, makes the game way more fun even with the wonky popularity system.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
I'm just wondering, because apparently a lot of people would rather do netplay, maybe we should have a HM IRC channel separate from #sokumaidens.
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
oh yeah new deck system is miles better than SWR/Soku's stupid trading card game system

you can be beating the shit out of someone but because they landed the first hit, a few counterhits, and spammed spellcards, they can have way more popularity
most of the time when I check the popularity gauge i'm always thinking wtf how do i have so much/so little popularity this doesn't make any sense

the game would be a lot better if you could turn off the stupid timer and then not have to care about popularity outside of last word shenanigans or if you're Miko

I agree. But Soku's AI is miles better still they don't use spell cards but atleast soku didn't spam in the same way HM does.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三

Well, players need to get used to that popularity system and learn how it work, but for your "because they landed the first hit", I agree, 10% and more of the main popularity just on any first single hit, it's a little bit too much.
(Also, in most of the cases, for the firsts seconds of the game is like a jan ken pon if no one runs back from the beginning.)

But as I already said, it would have been much better if the game was making an average of the life % and popularity % to decide the winner. (Or letting us choose the desired time or number of rounds in the options.)

But I still like the game though.

I'm just wondering, because apparently a lot of people would rather do netplay, maybe we should have a HM IRC channel separate from #sokumaidens.

Yes, or another possibility would be to exchange contacts (like skype, messenger, hamachi, etc...) in private messages between people.

I agree. But Soku's AI is miles better still they don't use spell cards but atleast soku didn't spam in the same way HM does.

Indeed, this is totally true, but wouldn't it be pointless to judge a game only on it's AI system since the main benefit of the game is to play with friends? ( ̄ー ̄)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2013, 07:35:13 PM by ElGreko »

the worst part of popularity is the fact that it determines timeout winner and the timeout clock is way too short

so instead of encouraging aggressive playstyle, it encourages pseudo runaway style where once you gain a lead you just run away and spam safe moves or perfect block so that you don't lose popularity

it feels a lot like the old sfxt where once you have a life lead and there's just 10 seconds left the game is just over because you just hold upback to win

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
well time freezes when you declare, yet it's still too short

SF x T anyone? :V

Also, remember when SWR came out and everyone hated that wanted to go back to IaMP?

well time freezes when you declare, yet it's still too short

SF x T anyone? :V

Also, remember when SWR came out and everyone hated that wanted to go back to IaMP?
dont they still hate it and wish it was iamp even now? :V

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
dont they still hate it and wish it was iamp even now? :V
Soku+

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Anyway, even with all the little flaws of the game, it's still a good game and you can really have a lot of fun when playing with friends, and because of the ambiance, it's almost as enjoyable to spectate than actually playing.
It's just a shame the game has been released without being finished at 100%.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
IMaP is better than SWR UNL and HM. I actually thought HM was going to play like IMaP. I was wrong.

Indeed, this is totally true, but wouldn't it be pointless to judge a game only on it's AI system since the main benefit of the game is to play with friends? ( ̄ー ̄)

I wasn't judging solely on AI, HM has other problems too. But even then a game is a game fighting games are meant to played against friends but alot of times people will play with the CPU and if the AI sucks then it isn't fun anymore.

AnonymousPondScum

I wasn't judging solely on AI, HM has other problems too. But even then a game is a game fighting games are meant to played against friends but alot of times people will play with the CPU and if the AI sucks then it isn't fun anymore.

Yeaaah, this---when the CPU AI has less combat skill than an ant, it becomes boring when fought for fun and useless when fought for practice.