Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471228 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
In the character select screen, just move the second controller so that it'll show gamepad 1 beside the 2P's profile. Then just change the config as usual. After the 1P finished selecting the character, don't press anything or it'll recognize the gamepad as the second player(indicated by the gamepad 2 beside 2P's profile).

Not sure I totally follow you, but I'll see what I can do. What do you mean "move the second controller"? How do I do that?

Edit: Okay, I got it back to keyboard and one controller, so I'm using Xpadder as a workaround for now. I'm bad at this... Now to see if I can rope someone into playing with me.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 05:44:01 PM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Not sure I totally follow you, but I'll see what I can do. What do you mean "move the second controller"? How do I do that?
Sorry, let me rephrase that. In short, after the first player chose the character, press any button with the second controller(up or down, this is what I meant by moving it). If the game recognizes it, it should show gamepad 1 beside 2P's profile, after that is just like usual.

commandercool

• alter cool
Sorry, let me rephrase that. In short, after the first player chose the character, press any button with the second controller(up or down, this is what I meant by moving it). If the game recognizes it, it should show gamepad 1 beside 2P's profile, after that is just like usual.

Oh, interesting. Didn't realize it worked like that. Thank you.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Okay I'm really liking Koishi even more now that I finally got some matches in with real players. Her unpredictability does really help out :V

Question, if I don't have Mamizou (since I haven't really touched story mode yet) will that affect if the opponent can use her?

commandercool

• alter cool
Okay I'm really liking Koishi even more now that I finally got some matches in with real players. Her unpredictability does really help out :V

Question, if I don't have Mamizou (since I haven't really touched story mode yet) will that affect if the opponent can use her?

No, it won't. Her data is still in the game, it's just locked to your use. Opponents will be unaffected.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
@commandercool

If you wanted to know the youkai species Mamizou was "using", here are those who I recognized:

Karakasa (the umbrella), Chouchinobake (the paper lanterns), Tsurube-otoshi (the hanged-one), Nurikabe (the wall-shaped one), Wanyuudou (the burning head stuck in a wheel),  Onryou (or Yuurei) (the ghost-shaped one, looking like a woman or banshee), Oiwa (not a specie but a single famous youkai that was actually a chouchinobake), Keukegen (the little fluffy one), Mekurabe (the skull), Hitotsume-kozou [or a Yamawarawa] (the one-eyed one), Gaki (the one with the inflated belly), Uwan (the 2nd on the bottom row), Hihi (the gorilla-shaped one), Biwa bokuboku (the one with the lute), and Onis (the ones with maces)
(they also added a small walking version of the Saigyou Ayakashi)

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but the "neon bunnies" were inspired from there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0gC-tX9nk0Y#t=191s

and for the fun story, if you look a little before in the level,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gC-tX9nk0Y&feature=player_detailpage#t=37s ,
 you'll recognize a lot of things, like the eientei, the bamboo forest, the level happening on the moon (since you can see the earth), the boss, her bunny-ears, the bullets the main character is shooting, the little bunny-minions in the level ( you'll probably remember this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJbUjz0e34s&feature=player_detailpage#t=795s ), or even the music that has inspired the beginning of stage 5 OST in Imperishable Night  :D .

Yes it will, if you don't have Mamizou or Kokoro (I managed to unlock Kokoro too in every game mod, even if she still doesn't have any skills or spells), if your friend unlocked them, he won't be able to use them against you.

To use one of the two secret characters, both players need to have them unlocked. And this is really frustrating, because I know a lot of people who haven't unlocked them ( ?︿? ) (but fortunately, I sent my savegame to most of them in order to select the characters)
« Last Edit: June 12, 2013, 04:20:50 PM by ElGreko »

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
What is the youkai between the onryou and the oni? Is it just another oni with blue skin and shinai on his back?

On site note, the one carrying the lute might be biwa-bokuboku (well, the lute itself as both the lute and the guy carrying it has its own tails).
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 08:43:43 PM by ToyoRai »

commandercool

• alter cool
@commandercool

If you wanted to know the youkai species Mamizou was "using", here are those who I recognized:

Karakasa (the umbrella), Chouchinobake (the paper lanterns), Tsurube-otoshi (the hanged-one), Nurikabe (the wall-shaped one), Wanyuudou (the burning head stuck in a wheel),  Onryou (or Yuurei) (the ghost-shaped ones, looking like women or banshees), Oiwa (not a specie but a single famous youkai that was actually a chouchinobake), Keukegen (the little fluffy one), Mekurabe (the skull), Hitotsume-kozou (the one-eyed one), Gaki (the one with the inflated belly), Uwan (the 2nd on the bottom row), Hihi (the gorilla-shaped one), Biwa bokuboku (the one with the lute)

Cool, thank you. Japanese monsters are cool. Kind of disappointed not to see the big skeleton. Big skeleton is like the best monster ever.

According to Wikipedia the Wanyuudou is also a unique youkai, not a species?

Anyway, interesting stuff.

Also, I don't know if anyone noticed, but the "neon bunnies" were inspired from there:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=0gC-tX9nk0Y#t=191s

and for the fun story, if you look a little before in the level,
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0gC-tX9nk0Y&feature=player_detailpage#t=37s ,
 you'll recognize a lot of things, like the eientei, the bamboo forest, the boss, her bunny-ears, the bullets the main character is shooting, the little bunny-minions in the level ( you'll probably remember this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RJbUjz0e34s&feature=player_detailpage#t=795s ), or even the music that has inspired the beginning of stage 5 OST in Imperishable Night  :D .

:wat:

Weird.

Yes it will, if you don't have Mamizou or Kokoro (I managed to unlock Kokoro too in every game mod, even if she still doesn't have any skills or spells), if your friend unlocked them, he won't be able to use them against you.

To use one of the two secret characters, both players need to have them unlocked. And this is really frustrating, because I know a lot of people who haven't unlocked them ( ?︿? ) (but fortunately, I sent my savegame to most of them in order to select the characters)

Really? What the hell? Why? I apologize for the misinformation then. This is literally the only case of that ever happening in a fighting game I can think of. It's not even usually a problem for DLC characters anymore. What happens if you try to select a character your opponent doesn't have?

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Hmm... so, Tasoforo is going to make a patch that will probably make Koroko FULLY playable (with her spells and all) and fix the bugs in the game which will mean that this will make things more fun finally. However, there are a few things I'm still wondering about will this mean that probably some balancing will be involved, will tasoforo add some more spell cards, and will there be an arcade mode added along side? I'm just wondering about this since from what I've read (via google translation) it sounds like they're going to make some changes to the game.  :derp:
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
What is the youkai between the onryou and the oni? Is it just another oni with blue skin and shinai on his back?

I'm not 100% sure about this one, since he has every feature of an oni, but with a cat visage.
But there is no way it's a bakeneko or a nekomata. I first thought about a kasha (that slightly looks like but has cat ears).
So, if it's not a kasha, it's probably an other oni but differently designed.

What happens if you try to select a character your opponent doesn't have?

Unfortunately, you'll have them locked on your selection screen too, even if you already unlocked them, so you won't even be able to place your cursor on them ( ?︿? ) .
I don't know why they programmed the game like this, maybe that wasn't intentional and they'll fix it on the next updates (even if they didn't talk about it on the japanese newsfeed I just read earlier today)

@MewMewHeart: they actually didn't say anything interesting, they talked about some things without giving any precisions, so we still don't know anything, nor what will actually change, nor when it will.
But I personally don't think they'll add more skill or spell cards, but I'm really looking forward an actual arcade mode.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2013, 09:05:15 PM by ElGreko »

commandercool

• alter cool
If we get a large 12.3-style expansion pack eventually it will probably have a few more spellcards, but I'd be surprised if we saw any more before then. Then again, this game has consistently surprised me at every possible turn, so anything could happen. I don't feel like there's a lack of variety right now though, what with the variable positions and religious alignments making characters very customizable. More wouldn't hurt, but I don't think we need them for any particular reason.

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
It would probably end up like this, but that "expansion pack" like you say, would be in a few years, so this is not a today's preoccupation.
(it would also contain characters from Touhou 14 (that'll be released meanwhile), I'm almost totally sure about that.)

commandercool

• alter cool
It would probably end up like this, but that "expansion pack" like you say, would be in a few years, so this is not a today's preoccupation.
(it would also contain characters from Touhou 14 (that'll be released meanwhile), I'm almost totally sure about that.)

Kasen for fighting game character 2015!

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!

you didn't deserve that win and you know it. :V
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

ElGreko

• 私だ。エルグレコ。
  • 南無三
Kasen for fighting game character 2015!
I would love so much to see her, you can't even imagine.
(or a coming-back of Konngara, even if this is most likely won't happen)

Fumi

• Dragon of Seven Colors
  • Disaster in Takamagahara
I have been playing all week and practicing agaisnt Lunatic CPUs, I main Reimu and Miko and usually use Mamizou and Koishi.

Just happened to me but I think it's possible to get 100% in a match. At least in a 3 rounds match, have been gathering like around 60% in all my matches between the first two rounds but I let the opponent get a KO so we can have a third round. That's where I can achieve 100% and do a Last Word.

I have some replays but I think it's harder to do to a CPU because they don't use skills or that's what I think.
I don't know if some of you have got 100% in a 2-round match?

Also https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IejvOyjuOfg quality combos

Btw I'm new here posting but been stalking this thread since the previous one :v

I just realized why Koishi's eyes look weird. It's because she has the
Spoiler:
mask of hope.
Aside from Koishi outright stating that she has it, Mamizou says that
Spoiler:
"it's different from the humans in the village who can't feel anything. You do seem to be overflowing somehow with hope..."
Not even Reimu or Marisa or Byakuren or even Miko (whose goal was to become hope itself for the human village) have eyes like that. Hope is always displayed as this bright color, Koishi even says that the mask is "The pure white face of a child. Looked kinda like a Jizo statue..."

It's a far-fetched theory, but it's the only way I can think of to explain Koishi's weird eyes aside "It's just Koishi being creepy"

EthanSilver

• Lunatic Programmer
  • Got squid, will travel.
    • Ethan Silver's Junkpile - Hacks and translation patches
Speaking of creepy eyes...

Wtf is up with Marisa's wide-eyed psychotic stare when doing her dash-B? Poor girl looks like she ate one too many of her mushrooms before starting the fight...

Latest works
The Strongest

I just realized why Koishi's eyes look weird. It's because she has the
Spoiler:
mask of hope.
Aside from Koishi outright stating that she has it, Mamizou says that
Spoiler:
"it's different from the humans in the village who can't feel anything. You do seem to be overflowing somehow with hope..."
Not even Reimu or Marisa or Byakuren or even Miko (whose goal was to become hope itself for the human village) have eyes like that. Hope is always displayed as this bright color, Koishi even says that the mask is "The pure white face of a child. Looked kinda like a Jizo statue..."

It's a far-fetched theory, but it's the only way I can think of to explain Koishi's weird eyes aside "It's just Koishi being creepy"
Pretty sure she's just creepy. I mean, her Last Word is basically staring into her eyes until the opponent explodes. Her cheerful dialog while discussing horrifying aspects of herself (like being unable to control her own body or feel any emotions) reaffirms her creepiness.

Spoiler:
Looking at the dialogue, I think the story goes like "Everyone else>Mamizou>Kokoro". What I mean is that "Everyone else" is when okoro is rampaging around, "Mamizou" is aftermatch of Kokoro's rampage and "Kokoro" is her trying to end the war she caused.
Spoiler:
Also, Cirno appears in Byakuren's ending. She is trying to become the strongest through religion!
Also, Kokoro's story in nutshell http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kPSHtLHOww
Indeed. Most people's endings are about them dealing with Kokoro in some way, Mamizou's story is about her noticing that Kokoro is doing all these different contradictory things from other people's endings but still doesn't seem to be fully fixed, and Kokoro's story is her
Spoiler:
following Mamizou's advice from Mamizou's ending.

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
you didn't deserve that win and you know it. :V
the game just knew that Koishi is best waifu :V

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
Koishi's skill where she launches detonating roses in every direction that blossom after a time period?
Spoiler:
You can detonate them early by dashing through them.
Spoiler:
what the hell this isn't philosophy of a hated person
:o

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Anyways, I know there's an IRC channel for matches, but if anyone wanna get a few matches with my Koishi just let me know and we'll fight on Hamachi since it's the only way to connect atm

Anyways, I know there's an IRC channel for matches, but if anyone wanna get a few matches with my Koishi just let me know and we'll fight on Hamachi since it's the only way to connect atm
I would love to, but what's the difference with Hamachi?
Do I have to set up something else first?

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
I would love to, but what's the difference with Hamachi?
Do I have to set up something else first?
Just go check out this video, it explains everything very clearly and also tells you how to host and whatnot.
I finally got ahead!

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Isn't it fine to just do it the normal way? With the consideration the person hosting has to have a forwarded port.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Amraphenson

• The problem is, you're a friend that likes to talk!
  • ...well, I am too!
Some people can't forward ports.
Sugoiiii~
[23:02] <~Iced> You have sown the seeds of your own destruction Amra.
[23:20] <Stuffman> enjoy your personally crafted hell Amra

Some people can't forward ports.
Well, I can do that
Mine : 139.194.240.49:10800
I'll host it now.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:51:39 AM by monhan »

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Also, I haven't read the endings due to the fact that they aren't translated yet but

Based on what I read on the wiki,
Spoiler:
does Koishi keep the Mask of Hope? If that's the case she literally gained character development, as now she has an emotion AND can now remember things apparently :V
« Last Edit: June 01, 2013, 04:26:01 AM by Gpop »

Also, I haven't read the endings due to the fact that they aren't translated yet but

Based on what I read on the wiki, does Koishi keep the Mask of Hope? If that's the case she literally gained character development, as now she has an emotion AND can now remember things apparently :V

Spoiler:
Yea, she still has it by the end and holds onto it at the end of her ending. Kokoro in her storyline, which is a continuation of Koishi's ending as it has the exact same dialogue as Koishi's ending, doesn't take it back because she doesn't need it anymore, apparently.