Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471203 times)

Kosachi

• Te-Te-Te-Te-Tenko
  • Hinanai Tenko~
Question, what do you guys think of teh Timer in HM?, do you like it? Not like it? or not bothered either way? as well as your argument as to why there should be no timer like there was in IaMP, SWR and Soku.
I believe it was a smart move to add a timer, yet they should slow down the rate in which it counts down. I find myself almost always winning/losing by timeout and that somewhat gets on my nerves. It fixes the problem of people playing too defensively, but now adds the issue of having to be too aggressive.

This may be a good thing in the eyes of some, but don't forget how quickly your spirit gauge goes down, so you're stuck relying on normal attacks most of the time; slowing the game. (in my case)
I finally got ahead!

Watching some videos looking at Mamizou's sprite's animations, I can't help but think that you could probably replace Mamizou with a certain other youkai using most of those animations and it would fit just fine, with those sitting animation for her idle pose, laid back dash animation, umbrella attack, tendency to attack with seemingly random objects popping out of no where, and her youkai train spell card.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Still gotta dropping a wall on people is fun <3
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

The umbrella she uses is a karakasa (well, a tanuki disguised as a karakasa). Pretty much all her attacks are other youkai. Not objects. She's playing the part of a lord of youkai, something Yukari only wishes she were. She commands the legions of youkai who fight for her. BTW, the wall is (a tanuki disguised as) a nurikabe.

It is true that she serves a fairly similar role though.

commandercool

• alter cool
Finally got around to this. My favorite part is how Rin's background animation is the Johnny Bravo-esque dance from Damnit Koishi Just Turn Your Head.

Looks like Orin can't... stop... doing.. the monkey!
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
She's playing the part of a lord of youkai, something Yukari only wishes she were.

Yukari has a nine-tailed fox doing her every whim. She doesn't need other youkai :V.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Yukari has a nine-tailed fox doing her every whim. She doesn't need other youkai :V.
Yeah, but she still likes to pretend she's in charge of them. It's kind of cute, really.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
Yeah, but she still likes to pretend she's in charge of them. It's kind of cute, really.
Not really. She doesn't go around bossing other youkai or trying to make them work for her. Nothing really indicates that she thinks of herself as a youkai leader.

And she did lead the youkai into the moon, once, so at any rate she was in charge of them, at one point in time. And wrote the Vampire Pact, that'd eventually lead to the spellcard system. And a bunch of other little manipulations and stuff to keep youkai in line/preserve them, really. She may not control them directly, but her influence is quite widespread.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:16:38 AM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

@Orin's animation: As I said somewhere else that I can't find in one of these HM topics, I'm like 90% sure that's a reference to another game by tasofro, "Satori Komeiji's Mental Education"

Koishi, Orin, and Okuu all do that when you get one of them to the present and they are waiting for the other(s) to reach it as well. Of course, THAT could very well have been a reference to something else too in the first place.

Just an interesting thing I noticed, it wasn't just randomly pulled from nowhere~

Edit: Oh yeah I'm an idiot who is too lazy to click, read, or notice links btw. Kilga JUST NOW said this :colonveeplusalpha:
i was first, countdown to mima post #501

I'll leave this here for you all to laugh at me not paying attention. :derp:
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:45:53 AM by SirBlueberry »

Not really. She doesn't go around bossing other youkai or trying to make them work for her. Nothing really indicates that she thinks of herself as a youkai leader.

And she did lead the youkai into the moon, once, so at any rate she was in charge of them, at one point in time. And a bunch of other little manipulations and stuff to keep youkai in line/preserve them, really. She may not control them directly, but her influence is quite widespread.
In WaHH she acts like youkai are all some kind of united front and talks about spies and such, despite there being no indication that any of them actually report to her or anything. So she's acting like she's the leader, but doesn't really do anything that would indicate that. I'll admit that she's influential though.

By contrast Mamizou actually has a gang of minions.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
http://www.mediafire.com/download/w4svk39r54qus1e/130528_2110_marisa_ichirin.rep
Marisa VS Lunatic Ichirin

Yeah I suck but the AI is the same as in the previous games.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
In WaHH she acts like youkai are all some kind of united front and talks about spies and such, despite there being no indication that any of them actually report to her or anything.
That we know of, anyway.
'Sides, they don't need to be reporting directly to her. She could simply be eavesdropping, using shikigamis (like she did with her crows in SSiB).

And hey, maybe she was only showing off to Kasen. Hopefully we'll know for sure someday (although I kinda doubt it. I like the ambiguity, anyway)

By contrast Mamizou actually has a gang of minions.
They're all tanuki, though. And newborn tsukumogami. She herself is very impressive, but her minions... aren't.
I mean... they all run away the moment a human enters their circle.
Tanuki fricking kill themselves by drumming their bellies too hard (Forbidden Scrollery 5.5), ffs :V

EDIT: Oh my gods I just finished Kokoro's story mode and
Spoiler:
that last image of her smilling
HNNNNNNNNNNNNNNG
Heart Status: Melted
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:27:07 AM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs

My fanfics.

Sanger Zonvolt

• Sword That Cleaves Evil
This game is just too good looking for my PC.  :ohdear:

Waga Zankantou ni tatenu mono nashi!

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So due to popular request I'll be working on a Koishi tutorial next week (since I got assignments and two stepmania packs to work on atm :V).

They're all tanuki, though. And newborn tsukumogami. She herself is very impressive, but her minions... aren't.
I mean... they all run away the moment a human enters their circle.
Eh, they rush to their deaths to act as her weapons in battle. What more do you need out of minions? Although, yes, because of the tanuki thing she's merely acting like a lord of youkai.

It's true that storyline-wise, Mamizou's objects she uses are all tanuki. For the most part, however, she looks like she's pulling random objects out of no where. The main thing I noticed was that if Yukari was a hopeless masquerade character, you could give her all of Mamizou's animations and attacks with only slight modifications here and there and it would fit just fine (if you removed the tail, obviously). If someone were making an HM extension using Mugen and wanted to add Yukari, they could easily just take Mamizou and work off of that if they didn't want to make an HM Yukari from scratch.

Heck, even storyline-wise, she plays a similar role to what Yukari played in IAMP (IE, penultimate character that isn't helping the final boss with her schemes but reveals the final boss to the player).

Course, someone did say in another forum that in his opinion, Mamizou was basically Yukari but fun. The two really are pretty thematically similar, I suppose, using various substitutes to fill in the holes here and there (Mamizou using tanuki instead of teleporting in random objects, for example). Course, similarities among old wise sage-ish characters should be expected when I think about it.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:39:19 AM by Tiamat »

Again, they're not objects, they're tsukumogami. Karakasa, nurikabe, whatever that bucket thing that Kisume is, etc. They don't just have faces because they're tanuki, that's what those youkai are supposed to look like. It's not just the storyline, thematically she's controlling this hoard of lesser youkai (which are actually all tanuki). Which is why her big spellcard is the Night Parade Gate.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
It's true that storyline-wise, Mamizou's objects she uses are all tanuki. For the most part, however, she looks like she's pulling random objects out of no where. The main thing I noticed was that if Yukari was a hopeless masquerade character, you could give her all of Mamizou's animations and attacks with only slight modifications here and there and it would fit just fine (if you removed the tail, obviously). If someone were making an HM extension using Mugen and wanted to add Yukari, they could easily just take Mamizou and work off of that if they didn't want to make an HM Yukari from scratch.

Heck, even storyline-wise, she plays a similar role to what Yukari played in IAMP (IE, penultimate character that isn't helping the final boss with her schemes but reveals the final boss to the player).

Course, someone did say in another forum that in his opinion, Mamizou was basically Yukari but fun. The two really are pretty thematically similar, I suppose, using various substitutes to fill in the holes here and there (Mamizou using tanuki instead of teleporting in random objects, for example). Course, similarities among old wise sage-ish characters should be expected when I think about it.
Now that you mentioned it...  SHE DOES play like Yukari but, a more tanuki version, especially the Tanuki parade spellcard that mimics Yukari's train spellcard. I kinda wish Yukari was in HM but, then again she was already in 2 Touhou fighter games minus Hisou due to that you had to transfer from SWR in order to get her. I do hope however... they expand the roster a bit, or spellcards.

Again, they're not objects, they're tsukumogami. Karakasa, nurikabe, whatever that bucket thing that Kisume is, etc. They don't just have faces because they're tanuki, that's what those youkai are supposed to look like. It's not just the storyline, thematically she's controlling this hoard of lesser youkai (which are actually all tanuki). Which is why her big spellcard is the Night Parade Gate.

They still act like objects for purpose of gameplay reasons, with the only really significant gameplay difference being an added gimmick that you can lose them if they get hit. Gameplay wise, it's very similar to Yukari in that random objects/tsukumogami pop out to extend the melee range or make for a large projectile hitbox, and the night parade, be it an army or a single train, has a very similar gameplay use anyways.

Like I keep saying and like I'm trying to say, anyone who wanted to create a custom Yukari but didn't want to bother making one from scratch could just take Mamizou, modify some things (such as removing the faces and tanuki tails from Mamizou's tsukumogami) and voila.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2013, 02:52:56 AM by Tiamat »

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
hmm, apart from what can essentailly be 2 basic combo's I haven't made much, if ANY progress with finding combo's for Mamizou which is getting me to thinking that she doesn't really have a lot to begin with or something.

Or I'm just outright missing something :V

You guys had any luck so far? so far I've found with 6A 6A 6B^ 妖怪つるべぇ変化 8j 6A 6A 6Bv 6Y and if available you can add 変化「分福熱湯風呂」 to it, and the one in my video which is 6A 6A 6Bv 6Y 6A 6A 6Bv 6Y and again you can add 変化「分福熱湯風呂」 to it and that's all I've really got so far
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
So due to popular request I'll be working on a Koishi tutorial next week (since I got assignments and two stepmania packs to work on atm :V).

I'm not even touching her story mode until I figure out to use her I've been messing around in practice mode but I think she's just stupidly designed and it's easy to torn to pieces playing with Koishi when you don't even know when the attacks are going to pop off it's basically be prepared when in a specific range because Koishi might use a skill you input like 10secs ago. She's worse than Suwako but at-least suwako played normally and was easy to pick up on.

To beat Koishi's story mode just spam teleport special and head laser all day :derp:

also please help me translate this option for me?
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/9f9c87dd9e3e9c1fbc8e2cb9a363ce791369660434_full.png
[/quote]
I finally figured out what option 3 is! it's window'd or full screen! (that's all for now)

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
I'm thinking...  If there will be DLC characters, and

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
I picked up Koishi a bit more after fooling around, apparently she does the attacks if you put in the right combinations and stores some in.
Funny enough... I somehow manage to pull off her spellcards at random even when I played her storymode I pulled off 2 Super Ego and 1 Release of the ID spells on Byakuren.
However... most of my cases with spellcards in HM... is probably... due to my luck, I'm not going to lie though sometimes it tends to backfire.  :ohdear:

game2011

• magneiptVE
    • Unsurpassed ??asual Dating - Real Women
I'm thinking...  If there will be DLC characters, but Tasofro insists on not having any BG characters playable, then the only plausible choices left are Meiling and Flandre.  Characters like Momiji, Daiyousei, and Koakuma get almost no love in official materials, so they obviously won't be playable.  Kasen and one of the Watatsuki Sisters may work.  DLC characters probably won't have story modes, so choices of characters shouldn't be an issue.  Even if they will have stories, I think it shouldn't be too hard trying to fit them into the plot in some way.  The Watastuki Sisters, for example, may think that this is a good chance to prove the superiority of the moon to Gensokyo after Eirin told them about what's been happening for fun or something like that.

LadyScarlet

• Too lazy to make this a gif right now
  • Still scumming for a good pull
Yorihime happens to be my most hated Touhou. If she gets put in, I can enjoy beating the shit out of her as Reimu and Marisa in revenge for owning their asses in one chapter each. And I'll do it in the Hakurei Shrine stage, in front of Sakuya, Remilia and the Yakumos for good measure.  :getdown:
*flame shield on*
My Youtube Channel. I mostly upload Hisoutensoku videos.

I picked up Koishi a bit more after fooling around, apparently she does the attacks if you put in the right combinations and stores some in.
Funny enough... I somehow manage to pull off her spellcards at random even when I played her storymode I pulled off 2 Super Ego and 1 Release of the ID spells on Byakuren.
However... most of my cases with spellcards in HM... is probably... due to my luck, I'm not going to lie though sometimes it tends to backfire.  :ohdear:
...? There's nothing special about Koishi's spellcards. They work exactly the same as other characters. Do you mean you don't know how to use spellcards at all?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Finally got around to this. My favorite part is how Rin's background animation is the Johnny Bravo-esque dance from Damnit Koishi Just Turn Your Head.
I still need to get Perfect Clear on the two "hardest" extra levels D:
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Captain Vulcan

• I'm tellin'!
I'm thinking...  If there will be DLC characters, but Tasofro insists on not having any BG characters playable, then the only plausible choices left are Meiling and Flandre.  Characters like Momiji, Daiyousei, and Koakuma get almost no love in official materials, so they obviously won't be playable.  Kasen and one of the Watatsuki Sisters may work.  DLC characters probably won't have story modes, so choices of characters shouldn't be an issue.  Even if they will have stories, I think it shouldn't be too hard trying to fit them into the plot in some way.  The Watastuki Sisters, for example, may think that this is a good chance to prove the superiority of the moon to Gensokyo after Eirin told them about what's been happening for fun or something like that.

I won't be surprised that there will be an expansion of 13.5. But what I'm looking forward to the most is a voice patch for the characters.
My mind is not a nice place to be.