Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471084 times)

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
Pause menu for Practice mode, but I don't know if it influences Story mode too. There are some symbols (like with the different decks) after choosing your character and allignment, don't know what they do though.
Those symbols after you choose your deck in Story Mode are the difficulties; Green is easy, Yellow is normal, Orange is hard and Red is lunatic.
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
Ok so I installed the patch nothing changed. Koishi was already working before that. Still no arcade mode and Kokoro.

MaStErSpArK94

Those symbols after you choose your deck in Story Mode are the difficulties; Green is easy, Yellow is normal, Orange is hard and Red is lunatic.

Thanks a lot! :)

Piranha

• Hungry Ghost

Thanks!
Normal 1cc: EoSD (All), PCB (All), IN (All teams), PoFV (Reimu), MoF (All), SA (ReimuA/ReimuB)
Extra stages cleared: EoSD (ReimuB), PCB (ReimuB)
StB: Level 6-X left
My Replays

fondue

• excuse me
Koishi is weird as hell to play, damn.
When you execute her attacks that don't seem to work and just does her Glico pose, after about 2 seconds, when she's in a certain position around her enemy she uses the attacks you inputted earlier which can lead to some interesting combos.

MaStErSpArK94

When you execute her attacks that don't seem to work and just does her Glico pose, after about 2 seconds, when she's in a certain position around her enemy she uses the attacks you inputted earlier which can lead to some interesting combos.

She's basically the Suwako of this game, then. Hard to use at first, but very rewarding once you learn to play her correctly.

I can confirm that the 1.02 patch fixes the Koishi vine crashes. Had them before I got it, now I don't. (Sadly now I can't quit the game by selecting Koishi anymore.)

Actually, I still can't pull of Last Words...  Tried it in training mode with max popularity, but still...
What is the two buttons that you use to do special attacks? Press both of them.
If that still didn't work, go to the key config setting and then set the option below Pause (the one with C.Z) to the left one(Yes).

I can confirm that the 1.02 patch fixes the Koishi vine crashes. Had them before I got it, now I don't. (Sadly now I can't quit the game by selecting Koishi anymore.)
You can always delete the th135b.pak file to get back to ver.1.00.

commandercool

• alter cool
Second patch is out. Don't know what it does though.

Wow, these are speedy. Still not thrilled with the game essentially remaining unfinished, but as this kind of thing goes it's at least very close to being fully playable. Wish developers would stop releasing unfinished versions of games and calling them full, but if the updates are going to be this quick and painless I guess it's best case scenario.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Wow, these are speedy. Still not thrilled with the game essentially remaining unfinished, but as this kind of thing goes it's at least very close to being fully playable. Wish developers would stop releasing unfinished versions of games and calling them full, but if the updates are going to be this quick and painless I guess it's best case scenario.

With this being made by an indie company with only a few people and on a tight deadline for this convention, I think it's understandable to have it a bit unfinished. Plus they have been patching things quite quickly. They didn't seem to have the time or money to fully bug test it. As long as they keep fixing it quickly, I will be happy.

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
Ok, so when I play Practice Modo, Marisa keeps doing this...

what happens?
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I would say it's mostly time, especially since they thought it was done until the last day when they found a critical bug they had to fix. So I don't think they had time to test out the patch before the release of the game and in turn, made Koishi break the game instead.

Also, now I can learn combos with her vine special. This will be fun~

what happens?

It's kinda hard to see but she's blocking your attacks. The AI has this as it's default behavior when you play Practice Mode.

what happens?

You mean that they keep blocking? CHange the these settings in the pause menu. Making it the second option for each eliminates blocking

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
So guys I made a short Koishi combo video

Hopefully it'll help you guys not only see how she can combo on given situations, maybe you guys can figure out even more damaging combos to work with? Though this was all done in 1.01, so maybe with Growing Pain I can do much more :V That'll be for another combo video though so we'll see.

So guys I made a short Koishi combo video

Hopefully it'll help you guys not only see how she can combo on given situations, maybe you guys can figure out even more damaging combos to work with? Though this was all done in 1.01, so maybe with Growing Pain I can do much more :V That'll be for another combo video though so we'll see.

I'll have to watch it during lunch, since right now work blocks youtube, but I am interested. When I played Koishi in Story, she was fun, if confusing.

Do you have button inputs with that?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
I'll have to watch it during lunch, since right now work blocks youtube, but I am interested. When I played Koishi in Story, she was fun, if confusing.

Do you have button inputs with that?
I could, but a lot of it is pretty self explanatory, especially since a lot of the times she's limited to A and X for instant moves, and a lot of her specials don't really change except for Growing Pain and her lightning dial special (just remember that if lightning goes up, the card is set to either up or forward, while if it goes down then it is set to either back or down). A lot of the combos use either neutral or Shinto faith, though one uses Buddhist faith to give her heart projectile more durability and juggle in a corner combo

I could, but a lot of it is pretty self explanatory, especially since a lot of the times she's limited to A and X for instant moves, and a lot of her specials don't really change except for Growing Pain and her lightning dial special (just remember that if lightning goes up, the card is set to either up or forward, while if it goes down then it is set to either back or down). A lot of the combos use either neutral or Shinto faith, though one uses Buddhist faith to give her heart projectile more durability and juggle in a corner combo

Interesting. what faith do you like the best for Koishi?

Gpop

• FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Interesting. what faith do you like the best for Koishi?
I would say Shinto. It gives her a lot more range with her projectiles, though I haven't played around with the others as much and I'm just going with what's best for my playstyle. I can't really see her as rushdown enough to use Buddhist faith, especially since her dash isn't really the greatest for getting in (though her teleport is pretty good).

Taoist faith don't think is for her, she doesn't really need fast projectiles and from what I've tested it doesn't affect how long it takes for her projectile declare to come out any quicker.

commandercool

• alter cool
With this being made by an indie company with only a few people and on a tight deadline for this convention, I think it's understandable to have it a bit unfinished. Plus they have been patching things quite quickly. They didn't seem to have the time or money to fully bug test it. As long as they keep fixing it quickly, I will be happy.

Usually I would rather a game be delayed for months and actually finished, but you're right that they didn't have many options because of the convention release. Again, very happy with the pace of the updates, just as long as they're not thrown together and cause more problems than they fix. I hope they'll release a fixed version of the game disc once everything is ironed out, but that seems kind of unlikely.

fondue

• excuse me
Actually, I still can't pull off Last Words...  Tried it in training mode with max popularity, but still...
X+Y

I would say Shinto. It gives her a lot more range with her projectiles, though I haven't played around with the others as much and I'm just going with what's best for my playstyle. I can't really see her as rushdown enough to use Buddhist faith, especially since her dash isn't really the greatest for getting in (though her teleport is pretty good).

Taoist faith don't think is for her, she doesn't really need fast projectiles and from what I've tested it doesn't affect how long it takes for her projectile declare to come out any quicker.

Yeah, I would agree that having your projectiles going farther with Koishi would be better. More range on her projectiles means her spells will activate farther away I assume. I myself am trying to find my favorite Mamizou Playstyle. I use shinto right now because I like having some range, but I kinda liked Taoist as well. Buddist could work if I get more of a rushdown style for her. I just need to hit the training room and work. It sucks that you can't change spells in training...

Usually I would rather a game be delayed for months and actually finished, but you're right that they didn't have many options because of the convention release. Again, very happy with the pace of the updates, just as long as they're not thrown together and cause more problems than they fix. I hope they'll release a fixed version of the game disc once everything is ironed out, but that seems kind of unlikely.

I think the last patch caused issues since they had no time to test. this latest one they had time to test a bit. I think we will not see issues like that again

I doubt they will release a fixed game disc version, mainly because that will cost them a lot of money. I do hope they make an online store where you can buy the game and download it with the updated versions. I did buy my own copy, but being able to download it will help a lot of people.

The Noodles Guy

• Flip the screen
  • What if Seija met a guy with bipolar disease?
It's kinda hard to see but she's blocking your attacks. The AI has this as it's default behavior when you play Practice Mode.
Aw, thanks.
Easy Modo? That's for kids, and for me.

commandercool

• alter cool
I think the last patch caused issues since they had no time to test. this latest one they had time to test a bit. I think we will not see issues like that again

I doubt they will release a fixed game disc version, mainly because that will cost them a lot of money. I do hope they make an online store where you can buy the game and download it with the updated versions. I did buy my own copy, but being able to download it will help a lot of people.

Agreed on all counts. The problems with the first patch are forgivable given how quickly they were fixed. I've just had baaaad experiences with stuff like this in the past. This isn't looking at all like that so far, but it does have me a little nervous.

And yes, being able to download the game would be great. Is it possible come kind of international release issue is the reason we're not seeing that yet? Seems a little odd to even have a physical release at this point.

Agreed on all counts. The problems with the first patch are forgivable given how quickly they were fixed. I've just had baaaad experiences with stuff like this in the past. This isn't looking at all like that so far, but it does have me a little nervous.

And yes, being able to download the game would be great. Is it possible come kind of international release issue is the reason we're not seeing that yet? Seems a little odd to even have a physical release at this point.

If this was a big name company, I would be quite furious.

International release issue I see being a big issue for non of the games being avalible for download. Plus, I think in japan people like having a physical copy a bit more then download, but I may be wrong.

I am hoping with ZUN coming to America this September, that he may announce some sort of special thing so people outside of Japan can buy touhou stuff. Maybe a deal with some sort of indie game downloadable game site or something.

Imosa

• Any sufficiently advanced technology
  • is indistinguishable from magic
As I understand it, ZUN doesn't like electronic distribution, and doesn't like anyone else liking electronic distribution. Setting up some method where people can just download the game seems easy, but that's just not what he wants to do.

As I understand it, ZUN doesn't like electronic distribution, and doesn't like anyone else liking electronic distribution. Setting up some method where people can just download the game seems easy, but that's just not what he wants to do.

Really? Huh. I respect his choice, but I wonder why he dislikes it.

AnonymousPondScum

Really? Huh. I respect his choice, but I wonder why he dislikes it.

I suspect it might be because he would have to fork over some of the distribution control to the digital marketplace doing the distributing.