Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471213 times)

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.
this really confuses me, considering her entire goal is to make lodsofemone off the humans, but, she also wants to kill em too?  Kappa are so weird in touhou lore.

She also claims that kappa are friends of humans...

Miko is the next Iori when it comes to using gifs of her laughing win pose on forums.

I dunno, man. I kinda like Futo's laughing pose more.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
Told you Futo's laughing pose seemed legit, I mean sitting on a plate laughing it's legit!  :colonveeplusalpha:
Hmm... is it me or am I the only one who can't take the taoist seriously... due to their sparkle poses.  :V

My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

Kingault

Told you Futo's laughing pose seemed legit, I mean sitting on a plate laughing it's legit!  :colonveeplusalpha:
Hmm... is it me or am I the only one who can't take the taoist seriously... due to their sparkle poses.  :V

You have Kamina and Sushi Girl.
They're very serious.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
I've only played with Futo once so I never seen her's yet. But in all seriousness we need gifs of both of them now.

While I love both of their laugh poses, I think Mamizou has the best sprite.

And it seems they didn't just give Byakuren a chest

I think she just used her powers to temporarily make them bigger :V

Maybe she did. She doesn't have that chest in the top sprite, but has it in the bottom where she's clearly posing for attention.

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
The second gif is part of a possible Mamizou pre-battle animation (you can see it in the beginning of Zork's Mamizou gameplay video). Seems like she's mocking her opponent or trying to seduce her =V.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:10:52 AM by Sagus »
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

I think she just used her powers to temporarily make them bigger :V

If that is the case, then she can be any size she or we want... oh my~

The second gif is part of the Mamizou VS Byakuren pre-battle animation (you can see it in the beginning of Zork's Mamizou gameplay video). Seems like she's mocking Byakuren or trying to seduce her =V.

Ah. I have yet to do anything other then story and some vs matches, so I missed that. Very interesting.

The second gif is part of a possible Mamizou pre-battle animation (you can see it in the beginning of Zork's Mamizou gameplay video). Seems like she's mocking her opponent or trying to seduce her =V.
it's a tanuki posing as her, she kicks it out of the way at the start of the battle

edit: also i'm not sure if anybody pointed it out yet but one of miko's alternate palettes is neku from the world ends with you which is p cool
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 02:22:14 AM by huh what »

Seriously. What's her ability? What do the four leaves have to do with it? Does anyone know?

Kingault

it's a tanuki posing as her, she kicks it out of the way at the start of the battle

edit: also i'm not sure if anybody pointed it out yet but one of miko's alternate palettes is neku from the world ends with you which is p cool

The World Ends With Touhou, eh?

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X

Sagus

• Spin, Hina, spin
  • Spin like there's no tomorrow
Ah, so THAT'S what happens! I thought it was a tanuki coming at her from behind, and then she kicking it for its audacity.

Seriously. What's her ability? What do the four leaves have to do with it? Does anyone know?
As far as I can tell it's pretty much what others previously described; if she's hit while doing a special, she'll lose a leaf, and if she loses all of them she'll be unable to use specials until they return. Pretty lame, but she's actually rather powerful (I'm by no means a pro and I managed to beat her story mode on Hard without losing a life), so maybe it was an attempt at balancing her?
Peketo's Drawing Stuffs
Despite the name, it's mostly 3D models.

My fanfics.

Anyone Notice that Mamizou's specials don't change much if you put them on different directions? Most characters specials change the direction or property of it if you put it on different directions, but only 2 change with Mamizou(that I can tell), her umbrella attack, and her One animal danmaku attack.

I did notice that her Buddist(I think) alignment lets her charge up her X attacks. I was not able to test what these do, since practice mode doesn't let me turn off the com blocking ability.... which is odd. Does this happen for other characters?

Those leaves are like a Persona gauge in Persona 4 Arena. If one of your special attacks are hit(not all, but a lot of them), it cancles the attack, turning the object back into a Tanuki, and removing 1 leaf. If you lose all leafs, you cannot do those special moves for a good 10-20 seconds.

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• ??? X
Oh wow so this one doesn't want to animate oh well.

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
While I love both of their laugh poses, I think Mamizou has the best sprite.

Mamizou quite clearly noticed that if you want to be taken seriously in Gensokyo you need a silly hat.

Mamizou quite clearly noticed that if you want to be taken seriously in Gensokyo you need a silly hat.

Your icon fits what you said perfectly.

As far as I can tell it's pretty much what others previously described; if she's hit while doing a special, she'll lose a leaf, and if she loses all of them she'll be unable to use specials until they return. Pretty lame, but she's actually rather powerful (I'm by no means a pro and I managed to beat her story mode on Hard without losing a life), so maybe it was an attempt at balancing her?

Anyone Notice that Mamizou's specials don't change much if you put them on different directions? Most characters specials change the direction or property of it if you put it on different directions, but only 2 change with Mamizou(that I can tell), her umbrella attack, and her One animal danmaku attack.

I did notice that her Buddist(I think) alignment lets her charge up her X attacks. I was not able to test what these do, since practice mode doesn't let me turn off the com blocking ability.... which is odd. Does this happen for other characters?

Those leaves are like a Persona gauge in Persona 4 Arena. If one of your special attacks are hit(not all, but a lot of them), it cancles the attack, turning the object back into a Tanuki, and removing 1 leaf. If you lose all leafs, you cannot do those special moves for a good 10-20 seconds.
Thanks. And to answer the constant cpu guard in practice mode:
Esc -> switch both the second and third lines from the bottom to the 2nd option (the one with three runes).

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Yay, Mamizou story mode cleared, now I just need to wait for
Spoiler:
Kokoro's
stuff to be patched in and I'll be golden. :derp:

I found a very good Koishi video. Seems to be able to do the vine move... I was able to do it as well, but I didn't try after the patch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NL_0zonRqY

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
I found a very good Koishi video. Seems to be able to do the vine move... I was able to do it as well, but I didn't try after the patch

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2NL_0zonRqY
Apparently without the patch Koishi's vine move works but, makes Futo unplayable and don't have spell cards.
Now I wonder how did they mess that up but, fixed Futo... with the current patch?  ???

Apparently without the patch Koishi's vine move works but, makes Futo unplayable and don't have spell cards.
Now I wonder how did they mess that up but, fixed Futo... with the current patch?  ???

I was able to use Futo just fine pre-patch.... spell cards and dropping vines. Very odd.

Yes it happens on all characters, from what I can tell it is an increase of 10% damage and causes a much stronger knockback.
TF2 Server
osu! : omgkitties

commandercool

• alter cool
Okay, having much more consistent problems with my arcade stick now. I think they've started since I crashed on the last boss in story mode and enabled Japanese locale. I have a dual board stick (can be set to either Xbox 360 or PS3) and the game will only recognize directional inputs from the Xbox board on menus and the PS3 board in game, and now whenever I enter a match is replaces my  D button with a second A and disables Escape. This only seems to happen with the stick and not the keyboard. I haven't tested with other controllers yet. Anyone else have anything similar or have any idea what's happening? This is kind of like the trouble I used to get in the previous fighters, except in those I had no menu control at all.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I've been using Xpadder to map keys to my stick, since the game didn't seem to recognize it in the control configuration menu.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:10:54 AM by commandercool »
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Kingault

Oh wow so this one doesn't want to animate oh well.

I made it work by lowering its size to under 40kb.
It looks terrible now, though....

Yes it happens on all characters, from what I can tell it is an increase of 10% damage and causes a much stronger knockback.

Ah ok. Interesting, but I hate what it does to Mamizou's A projectiles. They only appear in front of her, and it gives her no range. So far I like the Shinto or Taoist versions.

Okay, having much more consistent problems with my arcade stick now. I think they've started since I crashed on the last boss in story mode and enabled Japanese locale. I have a dual board stick (can be set to either Xbox 360 or PS3) and the game will only recognize directional inputs from the Xbox board on menus and the PS3 board in game, and now whenever I enter a match is replaces my  D button with a second A and disables Escape. This only seems to happen with the stick and not the keyboard. I haven't tested with other controllers yet. Anyone else have anything similar or have any idea what's happening? This is kind of like the trouble I used to get in the previous fighters, except in those I had no menu control at all.

Edit: Oh yeah, and I've been using Xpadder to map keys to my stick, since the game didn't seem to recognize it in the control configuration menu.

Odd that it doesn't reconize it. To be honest, I doubt you NEED a fight stick for this game... I do just fine with a 360 controller. Sadly I can't help you, but maybe Xpadder as issues with that game?

I made it work by lowering its size to under 40kb.
It looks terrible now, though....

Gah yeah, not good saddly :(

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
Yay, Mamizou story mode cleared, now I just need to wait for
Spoiler:
Kokoro's
stuff to be patched in and I'll be golden. :derp:
It's not hard to clear normal mode with
Spoiler:
expressionless girl!
by abusing her basic attacks. The last fight is epic:
Spoiler:
Reimu, Miko and Byakuren against you.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
The last fight is epic:
Spoiler:
Reimu, Miko and Byakuren against you.
Reason why I want my spellcards for her due to how bad my luck is.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2013, 03:28:22 AM by MewMewHeart »

AJS

• Danmakufu Scripter
I hear many people talk about "port forwarding" when discussing netplay with this game, but I have no idea what it is and nobody seems to be willing to tell me what it is.

Could anyone please explain to me what it is and how to do it? :ohdear: