Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 470826 times)

is it just me or is nitori utter garbage

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

So I must be seriously missing something. Where did all the Last Words go?

Every info resource I can find says that LWs are just equipped normally from the profile screen. Every character appears to have two spell cards, neither of them Last Words. Even if I'm at 100% Popularity, no input seems to activate a Last Word. Do they need to be unlocked somehow, or something?

Not sure if all are ripped yet. Only saw a few.

Also, Here is Mamizou's Bath Spell Card.

Since that pot she's bathing in has a tanuki tail, does that mean it's a tanuki transformed into a pot? And does that mean Mamizou the tanuki is bathing in a tanuki!?  *boggle*

Quwanti

• Pixel stuff
So I must be seriously missing something. Where did all the Last Words go?

Every info resource I can find says that LWs are just equipped normally from the profile screen. Every character appears to have two spell cards, neither of them Last Words. Even if I'm at 100% Popularity, no input seems to activate a Last Word. Do they need to be unlocked somehow, or something?
The Last Word is activated by pushing X+Y and A+B (The C and D on your keyboard) at the same time.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
Hmmm.

My friend can still get like 2.7k off of a similar combo that doesn't start on a counterhit. I tried her out too, and she seems pretty good to me.

I'm still trying to figure out how to effectively utilize Koishi, but I'm going back to Ichirin on the side for a character who I can actually play.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

...why can Mamizou summon the Saigyou Ayakashi

just how strong is she <_>

also is there any way to recharge nitori's battery?

Oh shit in that video Nitori's gun shot straight instead of spread?

I guess the default decks just suck

Okay I did the loop even with the default deck, so at least her damage is good. Still trying to final a way to recharge her battery though.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:04:49 PM by Suikama »

CyberAngel

• Retired
Still trying to final a way to recharge her battery though.

You can't. That's her gimmick.

Can someone look up what's the lowest screen resolution in the game? It's just that if it's the same as in demo, I'm not getting the game any time soon :(

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
You can't. That's her gimmick.

Can someone look up what's the lowest screen resolution in the game? It's just that if it's the same as in demo, I'm not getting the game any time soon :(

1280x720 aka 720p is the lowest

and I also made a half decent video of
Spoiler:
Mamizou]
Gameplay myself, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=897vVLZm2Rg :V
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

Bias Bus

• It's unpleasent
  • if you're better than me
That's what I want to know too. It runs better for me in a smaller resolution and where it's now...yeah.

As for the game itself, I really like it. Flying still feels awkward for me but, I'm slowly getting the hang of monkeying around in the sky. I'm still kinda iffy on how "popularity" works in this game, like what triggers it to increase and what happens to make it fall. Also, I can this final boss is an interesting piece of work, not to mention her theme is so eerie and ominous. Something I enjoy in music tracks. Also, did anyone else notice that she looks like a long haired Satori with parachute a dress?

Might try Netplay sometime too.
No Math Zone - Tumblr (slight nsfw) | Legend of a Hot-Blooded Pig

"The only guy you know to draw fat Touhous." - Erebus

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
That's what I want to know too. It runs better for me in a smaller resolution and where it's now...yeah.

As for the game itself, I really like it. Flying still feels awkward for me but, I'm slowly getting the hang of monkeying around in the sky. I'm still kinda iffy on how "popularity" works in this game, like what triggers it to increase and what happens to make it fall. Also, I can this final boss is an interesting piece of work, not to mention her theme is so eerie and ominous. Something I enjoy in music tracks. Also, did anyone else notice that she looks like a long haired Satori with parachute a dress?

Might try Netplay sometime too.

Popularity is mainly influenced by you interrupting your opponent's attacks with Heavy and Special attacks, though it slowly increases/decreases over time depending on your performance overall, and Netplay is a laggy as ever too

Also have something rather silly http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eaaLH_WNPO4&feature=youtu.be

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
if you looped it you could have a woop woop video :V

I actually never thought to do that lol maybe someone else can or something /shrug

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
and I also made a half decent video of
Spoiler:
Mamizou]
Gameplay myself, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=897vVLZm2Rg :V
What is this, i don't even...

So what is her gimmick anyway? That she has all there wacky moves, but if the opponent counters them four times she loses the ability to use them?

fondue

• excuse me
Why can't I unlock Kokoro and Mamizou ;_;

For what it's worth I did a preliminary translation of Koishi's route on the touhouwiki. Feel free to correct it or whatever. The way she ties in to the plot is pretty interesting.

oh god I have more reason to love Koishi.

Also I read Nitori's scenario and:
What's this?
I could take as many shirikodama as I like.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!
Can someone give me a quick summary of the item cards? I might see if any of them works well with Koishi (the broom cancel isn't that great as she doesn't have a reliable dash attack as she always covers her sneeze)

CyberAngel

• Retired
1280x720 aka 720p is the lowest

I see. Thanks.

*sigh* Dammit, Tasofro. Why does it have to be a three way race between me playing this with decent FPS and proper graphics, English patch coming out, and universe's entropy death?

Okay, mini-rant over. Go on having fun, for my sake as well.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
What is this, i don't even...

So what is her gimmick anyway? That she has all there wacky moves, but if the opponent counters them four times she loses the ability to use them?

Pretty much, if she gets hit when she uses a special attack, they become temporarily unavailable for a short period of time, the leaf meter goes red with some text to indicate it and it empties for the duration of the cool down since she's actually using transformed Tanuki too attack with after all :V

Why can't I unlock Kokoro and Mamizou ;_;

Beat story mode with all the characters, however Kokoro can't be unlocked right now as she is to be patched in at a later date, athough due to a bug her story mode can be unlocked but she wont have access to her skills, spell cards, item or last word as she isn't fully implemented yet.

when they patch in Kokoro maybe they'll add Meiling too

tasofro pls ;-;

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
when they patch in Kokoro maybe they'll add Meiling too

tasofro pls ;-;

Naw we need Kanako in this.

she's already in one of the backgrounds though :V

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
As much as I love playing Mamizou (yeah I'm maining her 1 :P) I can't for the life of me find any combos for her apart from that one I used in my video against Byakuren :/ though combo finding was never something I was good at anyway Maybe other Mamizou mainers will have better luck than me :V

commandercool

• alter cool
Nitori's grappling hook is the best thing ever. I will never get tired of that. :D

13.5 seems to be having fewer problems accommodating my arcade stick than the previous fighters have, but it seemed to have shuffled my button maps a couple of times during practice mode. Anybody have any idea why or how that happens or have a similar problem? Had to exit the game and upon re-entering everything was back to normal. Also couldn't select any opponent but Marisa during VS. computer at one point, but again exiting fixed it.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
No problems for me, but then again I use a PS2 controller with a PS2 to PS3/USB adapter. Speaking of which, is there an optimal button config for that? I've been going with X=A, Circle=B, Triangle=C, L1=X, R1=Y, and R2=Z, but controlling is still annoying (especially considering there is no auto-dash button like there was in the earlier games).
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Obviously I won't spoil it or anything, but somebodys gonna have to explain to me what the hell is going on in Miko's ending.  :o

Sage Ω (Ultima)

• CEO at Team Eternal Desire
  • ??? X
she's already in one of the backgrounds though :V

Remove her and put Meiling there in her place. Problem solved.

_cf

• playing with training wheels
  • "Touhou" is japanese for "silly hats only"
    • my Pixiv
I swear, Kokoro's last spell with Byakuren is damn near impossible. This is the first time I've made it to her without continuing, and guess what? THERE GOES ANOTHER 1CC!
Fuck that last spell. Fuck it to eternity.
Chip Kokoro's health away with vajras (Byakuren's weak projectile) and graze her attacks. It takes a while. Kokoro's fox mask spellcard actually gave me more trouble, before I remembered you could dodge up or down to avoid it.

But yeah, after suffering through Kokoro's two last spellcards with mostly everybody, it was just glorious to play as Nitori and shoot down Kokoro from outside the screen.

EDIT: Koishi is just too adorable!!! ;__; That win animation! The way she crouches down with sadness when activating the Super Ego spellcard!!!
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 07:58:33 PM by _cf »

Remove her and put Meiling there in her place. Problem solved.
I'm talking realistically here though :smug: