Author Topic: Touhou 13.5 東方心綺楼 Hopeless Masquerade - I'm hopelessly in love  (Read 471202 times)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Okay, I'm sort of getting it. You input them, and then she... sort of does them. I'm not using the default deck because rose spells. I went with the red one instead. Poor Miko keeps getting chewed up by a giant rose... :3
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

OH HEY THE ROSE SPELLS DON'T WORK FOR ME EITHER WHAT A SHOCK!
Also, I'm confused by her gimmick. Do you input the commands and then she does them on her own or something?
You input the commands and then one of her three slots starts glowing (melee, ranged, and special slots). Once the enemy is in range of the attack it automatically triggers. I guess the idea is that it's got perfect inhuman reaction speed and can counter people, but in story mode it usually means you jump straight into the boss's spellcard and they have superarmor anyway.

I pretty much just spammed X and Y in Taoist mode.

OH HEY THE ROSE SPELLS DON'T WORK FOR ME EITHER WHAT A SHOCK!
Also, I'm confused by her gimmick. Do you input the commands and then she does them on her own or something?

First, I agree with Byakern. She has SUCH a hard time against most of the bosses I found switching her type (not sure to what I think it was to Taoist?) made her rose shot actually fly across screen, and her 'A' attack always fired at the foe. It helped a lot.

as for Koishi, I really would like to know this... I need to practice her moves under each position and type.

Okay, I'm sort of getting it. You input them, and then she... sort of does them. I'm not using the default deck because rose spells. I went with the red one instead. Poor Miko keeps getting chewed up by a giant rose... :3

Before I forgot. When you do Futo's story, take the time to up your broken plate counter on Mamizou's and Kokoro's easier spells. It'll save you so much trouble and let you end Night Parade and Kokoro's last spell so much faster than with any other character.

ToyoRai

• Head But No Tail
  • I am still here. Sometimes.
Thi sis a silly question, btu I have to ask: Does Koishi still have her "Embers of Love" danmaku? Because it ain't Koishi without her most (in)famous danmaku pattern.

Gpop

• Subconscious Rose Girl, Koishi
  • FIRST PLACE BAYBEE!

It depends on each attack. You can store one melee attack, one projectile, and one special attack. When you store any of them, it will bright up near your meter to tell you which is stored up already.

The melee is your B (x key by default). Instead of doing what other characters do and doing a hard knock on the direction you hit them, that attack is stored for use when the opponent is in range for that (ie. when you use up B, it will initiate when the opponent is above you). Same thing with the projectile attack except it has a much larger initiation area as it covers the entire line. (D, which is the s key on default controls).

Specials are all different and have different properties on their own. The lightning one is based on if your opponent gets in the line of sight with the line that revolves around Koishi. The teleport is when the spell circle expands enough to touch the opponent, which then Koishi automatically teleports near them and attacks. The roses special is straightforward, Koishi releases them, and after some time they will activate. The uppercut is...an uppercut that activates when you are beside or below the opponent. The flower grab the same with the roses but takes a lot longer. The thorns I haven't experimented yet though due to obvious reasons :V

hope that helps. And yes, it is possible to combo into some of them. I already got some done :V

I'll just post this for people that's having a hard time with Byakuren.

Okay, I'm apparently not used enough to Byakuren, because man, is Kokoro giving me a HARD time. I've already used three continues, one on Mamizou and two on her. I just don't get how her last spell is physically possible. Help? ;~;
Did you play on Lunatic? If so, then please set that Top-level deck for her(consisting of nothing but counters, though 6 is good enough, you can use one for the fire vajra) first. Byakuren's counter only hit what's in front of you(the large beam) and there are some uncounterable attacks. This will really help you against Reimu and Mamizou.
Since I set her to Buddhism, her shots have pretty close range, which should be what's making it hard.
I assume that you have no trouble with the normal fights, so here's how I go through everyone:
  • Futo
    Not that hard, try to get behind her if you can during her spellcard. It should be easy for Byakuren.
  • Marisa
    Just keep shooting when she closes on you, if you want to counter it, do it before she passes you. For her second, use the weak shot before you dodge her dashes, if you want to counter, activate it just as she dashes to you so that she'll pass you and try to ram you from the behind, which will activate the counter and hit her since she's now in front of you.
  • Reimu
    For the first one, back away and when the amulets closes in dash toward her from below to graze the amulets and the giant one, then proceed to smack her. If you want to counter, don't be too far behind because you'll be swarmed by the slow amulets. For the second, the key is to dish out damage as fast as possible, use heavy attacks(or a light one to confirm a hit) while paying attention to the amulets. Since it's hard to do, just counter it, stay in the corner if you want to be sure it'll hit.
  • Miko
    Isn't so hard. For the first one, keep attacking when she poses for awhile and then back away and dodge the bullets. For the second, try to get close to her and when she slashes, go down and dash until it's over and pummel her. Both are easily counterable, just make sure you're on the same height.
  • Mami'Reimu
    The hard one, try to stay above and shoot her when she closes in(use heavy shots when she's close enough, though quite risky). I advise you to just counter it, though it's a bit tricky, try to get below one of those falling yin-yang ball in the corner.
  • Mamizou
    The first one is doable, try to close in on her and land a short combo(3 hits or so, add some heavy attacks) before the familiars hit you or just counter it. The second one is the hard one, she has super armor and those annoying shikis, just counter it. For the third one, this is actually piss easy. When you heard them coming just go down or up and dash until they all pass, no need to graze. Oh yeah, they're uncounterable so don't bother. Mamizou don't have super armor so just fight her normally while the Night Parade is away. If you've been going smoothly you should have maxed your popularity so just give her a Last Word to the face.
  • Kokoro
    For the first, keep dodging the bullet and hit her. Sometimes she'll lose her super armor. If you want, just counter it. For the second, as others have said,  wait for the fire  to pass you, and then graze on the opposite direction it's going to. You can go diagonally so you can get close easier and pummel her. If it's hard for you, just counter it. For the third one, stay in the center and do a weak shot when she's coming and quickly dash under her. Or you can just stay on the side where she just went to. This will make her pass over your head. When she's done, pummel away. If you want to counter it, get to the center. When she's coming, dash backward once and activate it so you'll just hit the tip. Just spend your counters here, though I don't recommend countering the bigger one, you might still get hit after the counter is done. For the fourth one, it'll take a long time. Keep shooting her with weak shots while keeping your distance and then graze the bullets by dashing backwards. If you're not using Buddhist, just stay in the corner and keep shooting. For an alternative, use the fiery vajra move for more damage. Do note that this spell is uncounterable.
Though it's hard to do constantly, at least I find them manageable. The difference between Lunatic and the other difficulties are denser bullets and more health for the bosses(yes, it can literally took minutes to take down Kokoro) so I think this will do for lower difficulties and with other characters too.

I actually find her really fun. Her moves might not have many input varieties, but what she has now is good enough. I'm still testing how to properly use all of them.   

Can anyone help me with network mode? I don't know what to do.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 05:35:27 AM by monhan »

I thought Koishi was a terrible character until I actually fought some people today with netplay.  God, she is just amazing against real people.  I take back what I said, comboing with her is  entirely possible, albeit it requires some preparation, it's still incredible! 

I wonder if people will make Tier lists and such with this game as time goes by. 

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
I wonder if people will make Tier lists and such with this game as time goes by.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR6sxFBm1P8

And to those who are bitching about this and that (You know who you are) I have an important message for you (Especially if your not gonna buy the game)

Sit down

Shut up

And Enjoy the game!

With that out of the way I can actually discus the game now.

So far I'm loving it though I do suck royally with Byakuren and Nitori though I am nudging towards Futo as my main with Miko and Marisa as alts, but when it comes to Koishi.... Yeah I can't play her worth jack XD But she's still fun as heck to play despite this, and I'm so-so with teh other characters though I still need to unlock
Spoiler:
Mamizou
and
Spoiler:
Kokoro
so I can't say anything about them yet from a playable point of view yet.

(and now you can see why I don't review games :V)
Livestream Artstreams|Youtube
3DS Friend Code: 0748-2156-8970

O played Koishi in story, and she is fun onjce you learn how her stills are. If you activate most of her skills before rushing in, you can get some insane combos.

I just unlocked
Spoiler:
Mamizou
And she is VERY fun. Her other special... oh my. She gets naked... I need to make a screengrab of her in a giant tub. I wonder what it does other then damage.

Also, she is ALOT of fun. Her Stone move, a bit charge up, but in up, it seems to auto lock on the person, and you can only hit with a quick dodge.

Are there portrait rips anywhere out there?

I NEED that Byakuren "fight" portrait. I wept tears of joy upon first witnessing such a beauty (slight exaggeration)

I NEED that Byakuren "fight" portrait. I wept tears of joy upon first witnessing such a beauty (slight exaggeration)

Not sure if all are ripped yet. Only saw a few.

Also, Here is Mamizou's Bath Spell Card.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 06:51:11 AM by zferolie »

Not really a portrait but I just can't get enough of this

You just got NAMUSAN'ed!

Trying Koishi right now and she's pretty fun to play but I'll stay away from Lunatic story mode for her. I don't think I'm good enough at her for that.

« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 08:10:12 AM by monhan »

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
Is it just me, or is teh Lunatic AI broken something fierce

Is it just me, or is teh Lunatic AI broken something fierce
What wrong? All I can see is that they're still not hard enough.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 09:14:45 AM by monhan »

For what it's worth I did a preliminary translation of Koishi's route on the touhouwiki. Feel free to correct it or whatever. The way she ties in to the plot is pretty interesting.

For what it's worth I did a preliminary translation of Koishi's route on the touhouwiki. Feel free to correct it or whatever. The way she ties in to the plot is pretty interesting.

It's pretty heart-warming how Koishi is reacting to all this attention.  :3

qMyon

• Chill - just chill
  • Keepin' it vanilla smooth
Interesting....I didn't realize kappa had VISORs.

Zork787

• Mami Mami Mamizou~
  • Her tail is so fluffy~
urg, I really hope they update SokuRoll for HM soon or else vs Network isnt gonna be a viable option :/

Error

• No escape.
  • ˙ǝdɐɔsǝ oN
Is it just me or does Orin's "dance" go really well with
Spoiler:
fake Mamizou
's theme?
« Last Edit: May 27, 2013, 11:48:49 AM by Error »

I was expecting Moriyas vs Reimu vs Buddhists vs Taoists vs some misc. outsiders, and instead we wound up with Koishi fighting on behalf of the Buddhists for reasons listed in SoPM that I have trouble imagining anyone could have thought of as a serious alliance, and Nitori as a raging atheist, and the Moriyas sitting on the sidelines at the exact precise time you'd expect them to be in the thick of it.

I do not expect this to be the end of the "religious arc", but instead, more of an incident. They pretty much ended it in Symposium of Post Mysticism, there is really nothing more to talk about.

Weirdly, that makes more sense than the Moriyas sitting it out purely so they could finish off the winner between the Taoists and the Buddhists.

Why you would think this is a war? Was there any reason for to believe this? What the factions want is to show off to the general public for faith. The Moriyas are already getting faith off the Tengus, so it isn't something they need to do.

Youkai Mountain - Sanae, Suwako, Kanako, Aya, Hatate, Hina, Nameless Kappas, Aki Sisters
Tao Temple - Yoshika, Seiga, Komachi, Eiki, Primsrivers, Youmu, Yuyuko, Soga
Earth Spirit Palace - Utusho, Rin, Satori, Parsee [This amused me for some reason, seeing as both are rather hated], tons of animals
Forest[?] - Sunny, Luna, Star, Cirno, Lilly White, Utusho, Rin, Aki Sisters, Shou, Satori, Sanae, Kyouko, Suwako, Kogasa, Tenshi, Iku, Hina, Wriggle, Parsee [OK what are you of all doing above ground?]
Night Forest - Tanukis
Final Stage - Humans
Planquin Ship: + Tenshi and Iku
Futo's stage - Letty [?!], Yuuka, Rumia, Sunny, Luna, Star, Cirno [With Letty ofc], Medicine, Mystia, Wriggle, Lilly White
Myouren: Shou, Kyouko, Kogasa, Nameless humans/youkai, Aya, Hatate

Post PC-98 characters who do not appear: Momiji, Yorihime, Toyohime, Kotesu, Reisen II Lilly Black, Yamane, Kisume *

I don't see Meiling or Akyuu on the list.

Actually, I found Yamame on the ceiling of Palace of the Earth Spirits.
But she's always half hidden by the life bar, so no wonder no one seems to have seen her before

Going into this Byakuren was probably the character I was least interested in, but turns out she's actually really fun to play.
And is anyone else dissapointed by the lack of arcade mode? I know I am.

Zakari

• This loli contains Autism
  • Autistic Loli
I need help for Koishi`s spellcards.

Which Koishi`s spellcards that only crashes the game? so i will not select it.

also please help me translate this option for me?
http://img1.ak.crunchyroll.com/i/spire4/9f9c87dd9e3e9c1fbc8e2cb9a363ce791369660434_full.png

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
I think it's the one you're highlighting right now. It looks like roses on vines. As long as you don't use that, you're golden.
CUT: I think he means the entire options menu...
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

I think it's the one you're highlighting right now. It looks like roses on vines. As long as you don't use that, you're golden.
CUT: I think he means the entire options menu...
O_O' Then idk anything other than the Sound effect option and Background music...

Wish i could help you mate! but Japanese isn't my first or second language... T.T (wish it was)

Firestorm29

• Lily White Mage
  • Spring Time is Healing Time~
From all the pictures I'm seeing, for some reason the final boss is giving me Hexadecimal vibes... >.>;

Kingault

• Insert witty description here.

Scumbag Koishi.(Referring to her convo with the final boss.)

AnonymousPondScum

After much consideration I retract the brunt of whatever anger I had at Tasofro for most of the elements I disliked.

This is mainly because I realized I had no clue how most of the characters that didn't make the roster would work in terms of game mechanics, and I imagine that's a practical concern for Taso, too.