Author Topic: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3  (Read 208926 times)

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
Re: Fate/Grand Order - Round 3
« Reply #540 on: September 06, 2019, 01:47:12 AM »
Huh, forgot she also has Ignore Defense.

Anyway, probably just gonna bring the good old Mash/Herc/Merlin setup here.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #541 on: September 06, 2019, 03:13:28 AM »
Considering we're probably getting a lot of FP via the lottery, this guide may come in handy (especially for newer players):  https://imgur.com/a/lYaqf

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #542 on: September 06, 2019, 03:25:40 AM »
So how many prize boxes have people emptied by this point in the event?

Considering we're probably getting a lot of FP via the lottery, this guide may come in handy (especially for newer players):  https://imgur.com/a/lYaqf

So you want to get 3* CEs to level 18, is that the most efficient way to do it? Seems simple enough. I've been burning all of my small friend point CEs, they're just too much of a hassle to deal with, but maybe I should stop for a while. Friend points are just so time consuming and so low-yield... I cashed all of mine in the other day and got basically nothing. A few NP levels on 3* servants I'm probably not going to use, a few mana prisms, and a tiny number of Fous.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #543 on: September 06, 2019, 03:36:14 AM »
21 cleared by now, I'm using quite a few apples but I'm not going like super insane.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #544 on: September 06, 2019, 06:18:27 AM »
Well, I've finally hit my CQ wall with Arash. Threw myself at him a couple of times, no dice. Threw myself at Karjuna a couple of times, no dice. I've read up on the DaVinci fight and it utterly terrifies me.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #545 on: September 06, 2019, 07:22:31 AM »
Arash is pretty much just a matter of setting up guts so that you can live through 5 Stellas, bringing Iri is recommended, preferably with Prisma Cosmos or something that can improve her NP gain.

The Mahabharata bros though...yeah, ended up resorting to burning all my CS just to get through it. Definitely too RNG-heavy.

Also Gamepress apparently recommends BB for Da Vinci, along with Jeanne for team invul support. You also need to keep track of enemy spawn order so you can prepare yourself to delete the sphinx ASAP when it shows up.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 07:32:14 AM by Leon゠Helsing »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

• Girl from beyond the 7th Dimension
« Reply #546 on: September 06, 2019, 11:25:34 AM »
There are two ways to deal with STELLA; stack defenses with Mash, Boudica, Waver, and the like (bring CEs like Holy Shroud of Magdalene, Melty Sweetheart, or Iron-Willed Training), then Arts spam to get up to 100% Def up before a STELLA goes off (debuffing his Attack works in combination, too!); or bring along a ton of Guts CEs and Servants like Irisviel, Leonidas, Blackbeard, or Bond CE Heracles, and have a Guts for the team ready to go by the time STELLA hits.

Worst comes to worse, if you have a MLB Holy Shroud of Magdalene, stick it on Mash, pair her with trash, and make damn sure you can pull off Lord Camelot often (use the taunt!) for the solo.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2019, 11:32:12 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,
So that we may always be at your side.

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #547 on: September 06, 2019, 01:29:16 PM »
It appears I have exactly one friend with Irisviel as their caster, and they have literally not logged in in a month. :V Anyone got an open Friend spot and an Irisviel they're willing to share?

Finally cleared Karjuna, though it cost me two CSes. Wining strategy ended up being killing Karna outright while coming close to but not actually breaking Arjuna (fuck that defense buff, seriously), and then using CSes to spam single-target Lancer NPs once Arjuna's broken once.
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #548 on: September 06, 2019, 07:33:37 PM »
It appears I have exactly one friend with Irisviel as their caster, and they have literally not logged in in a month. :V Anyone got an open Friend spot and an Irisviel they're willing to share?
Yo.
Let's Play: BIT.TRIP FLUX | Let's Play: Malicious | Skyward Sword: Shieldless Final Boss | Skyward Sword: Boss Rush! | Ace Combat Infinity: Campaign in the X-02 Wyvern

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #549 on: September 07, 2019, 01:54:54 AM »
Hassan is either currently bugged or they decided to buff him for NA (doubtful, but not impossible). He no longer has any sort of leftward servant focus, he applies target focus to anyone at all which means you cannot reliably stop his NP even with taunts (because his own taunt will make it a 50/50 split between who gets hit).

My advice is to Just Not Bother with this challenge quest for today, and see if they address the issue with an overnight maintenance or something. This challenge quest becomes exponentially harder by the fact that his attacks are no longer controller or predictable in the least bit.

If this is actually intentional, well... good luck lmao

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #550 on: September 07, 2019, 02:10:16 AM »
Oh sweet, there's a node with both gold medal drops and octuplet crystal drops now! I'm trying to get enough resources to max out Astolfo as soon as I get my guaranteed copy and the two things I need are crystals and seeds. Between the ones in the event store and the drops from the Dantes node I should be able to get those taken care of pretty quick. If I can get my seeds in order then I'm in business~

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #551 on: September 07, 2019, 06:57:36 PM »
Finally figured out Arash. Just had to think inside outside the box.

(Still had to blow one Command Heal on Boudica, attacks were oddly focused on her)

EDIT: The best part about this team is that Tamamo completely tanked the surprise Stella too rofl

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #552 on: September 08, 2019, 10:10:01 AM »
Morph is a hell of a drug.

Bloomer Nero was actually easier than regular Nero, to me. You just leave the healer alone, and make damn sure Brynhild is dead before Nero takes the stage, to break the Ignore Invincible. The lack of Amakusa constantly threatening to trainwreck you is nice, too.

Move eternally forward,

« Reply #553 on: September 09, 2019, 12:23:34 AM »
Seems the Hassan CQ is going to remain as it is, so I had to take it down with alternative methods. AKA the ultimate doggo team

Cu (FSN), Cu (Proto), Cu (Caster), Cu (Alter), Cursed Arm, and Caster Marie. Basically just bring Protection From All Of The Arrows Ever, and spam out those 3-hit negations. Support was the Cu Alter since I don't have my own, all the way in the backline to sweep Hassan once his defense buffs are gone. Everyone else has guts CE (and I am a particular fan of Necromancy gambling, so it was 4 of those and one D3LR) and their only purpose in life is to not die even when they are killed, until they eventually die for real.

If RNGsus permits it, then you'll have stalled out enough turns by the time everyone goes down that gramps's defense will be paper thin.

All this method takes is a little bit of patience and a little bit of good luck, and Click The Evade Button. None of their evades were at level 10 although it would have helped (they were all at level 6 except for the support)

Edit: Although it seems I am at a complete loss for the prototype finale. This one is so brutal for me that I couldn't even compare it to gramps at all. I'd say this one is actually "very difficult" as opposed to gramps who is only just big RNG. This one here might have to be the first CQ that I don't complete?
« Last Edit: September 09, 2019, 11:54:50 PM by Rei Scarlette »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #554 on: September 10, 2019, 02:38:15 AM »
Alright, I got almost everything I need to get Astolfo to level 100 and skill level skill level 10/8/10 (just need 23 more Yggdrasil seeds to get him to 10/10/10) as soon as I can get him. Do we have an idea of when that might be by the way? By which I mean, the guaranteed 4* event?

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #555 on: September 10, 2019, 05:52:10 AM »
Alright, I got almost everything I need to get Astolfo to level 100 and skill level skill level 10/8/10 (just need 23 more Yggdrasil seeds to get him to 10/10/10) as soon as I can get him. Do we have an idea of when that might be by the way? By which I mean, the guaranteed 4* event?
Unknown

Nerofest for NA happened a little earlier than it did for its Japanese counterpart. 

Furthermore, the "Prisma☆Illya Movie Premiere Commemoration Quest" seems to have been skipped in NA (otherwise it should have happened at the same time as the Illya banner). 

Best guestimate for the event that has the free 4* servant would be the end of September, give or take a week.

That aside... A question for everyone here;  Do you ever roll the Story Gacha anymore?

edit-

Hi!  I'm an idiot!  The news announcing the event just appeared, but I hadn't checked that before posting.

The event w/ the free 4* happens immediately after NeroFest 2019 concludes, which is in a couple of days on the 12th.

edit2-

I think the game is amusing itself at my luck with Quest drops and my total lack of luck with the gacha.  It's been awhile since I've landed a 5* servant... and I've gotten FOUR "Cheer for Master" during my adventures in the arena, two of which I got today.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 06:58:19 AM by Aya Reiko »

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #556 on: September 10, 2019, 09:20:35 AM »
For the Old Man, I ran a full whale team.

Irisviel/Tamamo/Jeanne (in hindsight, this probably should have been Waver)/Mash/Sanzang/Merlin

The entire point being that the first four can hold for at least a dozen turns, (They didn't, not wholly, because despite Jeanne's stun coming in super clutch at one point to get just enough spacing for Irisviel, and literally no one dying to random instant death; eight Arts cards aren't really enough to get Song of Grail up constantly, and Jeanne's NP Gain is terrible enough that even swapping to Prisma Cosmos and Tamamo (from Medea Lily) doesn't help all that much.)

Ultimately, Sanzang had to spend two Command Seals so she wouldn't die, and I ended up mistiming a Guts because of the 50/50, but the man's dead, and I can pry those gallstones and one last ticket to try for Brynhild out of his cold dead hands.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:25:45 AM by Ionasal kkll Solciel »

Move eternally forward,

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #557 on: September 10, 2019, 10:30:41 AM »
While I'm still holding out for the admittedly unlikely chance by this point that the CQ will be fixed, would it be feasible to go for a strategy where it basically comes down to a duel between him and my own Gramps after stalling out his damage resistance buffs? That way I at least won't have to worry about ID at the tail end of things (though I might still have to watch out for crits).

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #558 on: September 10, 2019, 10:51:04 AM »
I think I have resigned myself to the fact that I simply do not have the units necessary to complete any of the last three CQs, nor do I have the attention span to complete the Da Vinci CQ (I am simply unable to focus for long enough to not eventually botch my setup plans and let her fire off her NP with Ignore Invincible active). I will probably try Da Vinci again on the last day once I have as many Command Seals back as I can get, but I'm not terribly optimistic.

Speaking of the free 4*, everyone please help me make my decision

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #559 on: September 10, 2019, 12:00:07 PM »
While I'm still holding out for the admittedly unlikely chance by this point that the CQ will be fixed, would it be feasible to go for a strategy where it basically comes down to a duel between him and my own Gramps after stalling out his damage resistance buffs? That way I at least won't have to worry about ID at the tail end of things (though I might still have to watch out for crits).
It might be a bit rough because neutral damage, but it should be reasonably okay if you have a few Evade/Invulns/Guts lying around in your Mystic Codes/penultimate Servant to tank the first few turns while your Hassan is on the field. The real danger in that situation is the enemy Gramps' Evade (Card) ability on his second bar - he can and will often block the same type multiple turns in a row, and if he blocks Buster all the time while you have Azarael ready to go, you're losing a lot of DPS.

Move eternally forward,

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #560 on: September 10, 2019, 04:55:24 PM »
Eugh, after finally going through the Da Vinci CQ and seeing just how much of a slog it really was (plus being forced to burn 2 CSes), I'm not sure if I wanna bother with the rest (Gramps & Finale Prototype) now. Gramps CQ will most likely be even more of an RNG-fest than Da Vinci, and Finale Prototype is pretty much more of the same, except a bit more BS.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #561 on: September 12, 2019, 03:26:39 AM »
get fucked, da vinci

Still not bothering with the other three CQs in the 30 minutes I have left <_<

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #562 on: September 12, 2019, 07:56:41 AM »
Wait wait wait... Am I reading correctly that they distributed the 4* exchange ticket but didn't implement any way to use it? WHY?! What could the benefit of that possibly be? I have thousands of unspent petals and no space to put anything, I just want to use all these emberrrrrs. I mean, the petal exchange period slightly exceeds the beginning of the arbitrary waiting period for the ticket, but still... I have waited for so long, just give me Astolfo now!

Meanwhile I'm still on a streak of like over sixty pulls without a single rare servant, buuuut I just pulled a second Kaleidoscope so that's almost kind of better...

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #563 on: September 12, 2019, 08:15:56 AM »
Just NP2'd... Angra Mainyu.    :o

Leon゠Helsing

• 0 - The Fool
  • Pave your own path
« Reply #564 on: September 12, 2019, 09:51:26 AM »
Wait wait wait... Am I reading correctly that they distributed the 4* exchange ticket but didn't implement any way to use it? WHY?! What could the benefit of that possibly be? I have thousands of unspent petals and no space to put anything, I just want to use all these emberrrrrs. I mean, the petal exchange period slightly exceeds the beginning of the arbitrary waiting period for the ticket, but still... I have waited for so long, just give me Astolfo now!
Apparently the exchange itself isn't unlocked until the 15th.

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #565 on: September 12, 2019, 09:31:31 PM »
Just a note;  The FP gacha won't skip directly to the results if Angra Mainyu is on his way, even if you already have him.

Currently farming for bones... lots and lots of bones for Fionn, Lu Bu, and Spartacus...

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #566 on: September 16, 2019, 03:40:12 AM »
Alright, I finally got around to finishing Babylonia. Continuing my trend of Amadeus dealing the killing blow in challenge quests, he finished off the boss with one of those devastating Amadeus brave chains.  :D

Aya Reiko

• Humans are scary!
« Reply #567 on: September 16, 2019, 05:49:27 AM »
Alright, I finally got around to finishing Babylonia. Continuing my trend of Amadeus dealing the killing blow in challenge quests, he finished off the boss with one of those devastating Amadeus brave chains.  :D
Ah, you're finally there.  BTW, do you have a servant that can guarantee a Skill Seal on turn 1?  Such as Mata Hari w/ her third skill unlocked?

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #568 on: September 16, 2019, 05:58:55 AM »
Yes. Someone here recommended I get one so I have Mata Hari raised up. Is that for Solomon?

Ionasal kkll Solciel

« Reply #569 on: September 16, 2019, 10:00:35 AM »
Yes. Someone here recommended I get one so I have Mata Hari raised up. Is that for Solomon?
Yup. During the climactic battle, he ultra buffs (with something like a 1000% NP damage up, NP charge MAX, and ignore invuln) on turn 1 to shred your frontline, but you can use Nullify Buff or Skill Seal to force him to do without. Of course, your front line will still need to survive that first hit, but you have something for that, right?

So, who did you guys choose for the free 4*? I picked JK Saber, though it was a real close thing between her, book daughter, and Ana.

Move eternally forward,