Author Topic: games close instantly  (Read 4244 times)

レミリア

• 吸血鬼
  • no ,you die >_>
games close instantly
« on: May 08, 2010, 05:55:15 AM »
been working on this problem for a while ,, touhou 11 and 12 and 12.5 close right when i open them , they say program encountered problem and must close , but strangely 12.3 works perfectly fine
in running xp pro with sp2 ,, i've tried running different compatibility modes ,, i've tried different settings ,, i've updated my directx and placed d3dx9_42.dll in system folder , and few other things and still it closes right away :/
what fixes this ?
my TH CL list :3 PC: XP Pro SP2 ; 512Ram ; P4 2.52ghz ; 32mb rage 128 pro "touhou games run  smooth"
TH collect = 28games 1plush(reimu) ,, saving for=reimilia plush : D
average difficultly=normal ,, gaming skillz= amateur

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
Re: games close instantly
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2010, 05:56:57 AM »
Screencap of the error message? Just in case there's something there; standard procedure.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

レミリア

• 吸血鬼
  • no ,you die >_>
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2010, 06:11:13 AM »
screenshot of the error

http://i44.tinypic.com/2jfnnmr.jpg

thats image of what comes up , is standard xp 'send , dont send' window thing , put the 4th image just to show 12.3 works
my TH CL list :3 PC: XP Pro SP2 ; 512Ram ; P4 2.52ghz ; 32mb rage 128 pro "touhou games run  smooth"

LHCling

• Metang@
  • ( 。゚ 3っ   )っ
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2010, 06:44:02 AM »
Looks like file corruption to me. Maybe a re-installation?

...This has a 99.99% chance of not solving, but try updating 12 / UFO to 1.00b.
[16:25] <Kuruminut> Shut up MS Word, "fangirlism" is totally a word
<>
[07:59] <Sapz> ベーティさんは馬鹿っぽいだろう、この「っぽい」好き者

レミリア

• 吸血鬼
  • no ,you die >_>
« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 07:07:00 AM »
still get that pop up thing :/
im trying different things ,, tomorrow i might try on another pc see what happens

Matsuri

« Reply #5 on: May 08, 2010, 05:10:56 PM »
Thread moved to Tech Support and out of general discussion.

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #6 on: May 08, 2010, 06:53:16 PM »
That error popup says absolutely nothing unless you click that "click here" link.  Induce the error again, and screenshot the entire error dialog, if you can.

レミリア

• 吸血鬼
  • no ,you die >_>
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2010, 06:28:14 AM »
That error popup says absolutely nothing unless you click that "click here" link.  Induce the error again, and screenshot the entire error dialog, if you can.

if i click the first click here box it says
appname: th11.exe appver: 0.0.0.0 modname: th11.exe modver: 0.0.0.0 offset: 0005474a
for th12 its same besides says offset: 0006024a or 0006022a
and 12.5 says same but offset: 0005f39a

is this what you where talking about  or is it another thing ?

add] i've tried re running updater on my directx and reinstalling 12.5 still nothing , i have my system none unicode on jp , tryied useing applocal , tryied puting the d3dx9_42.dll in the game folder in program files, tryied few other things , im gonna try and tomorrow run it on another pc
maybe thinking of making a virtual machine on my pc and try it ,, tho is it possible its just having trouble with my hardware or something ?

add]tryied seeing what happens is i dl the trial i think it is off zuns page th12tr002a ,, idk see maybe something works XD , tho no , still error just different offset 0005d92a
« Last Edit: May 09, 2010, 09:52:34 AM by レミリア »

Momiji

• Cya
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2010, 02:53:37 PM »
It sounds to me like there's something wrong with your system, either hardware or software.  Can you reinstall windows, or maybe try updating to Service Pack 3?

レミリア

• 吸血鬼
  • no ,you die >_>
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2010, 05:38:22 PM »
It sounds to me like there's something wrong with your system, either hardware or software.  Can you reinstall windows, or maybe try updating to Service Pack 3?

yeah, right now i am goin to try and make a virtual machine with a fresh copy of XP ,

Today i installed 12.5 onto my parents Vista pc and without any modification to the system at all the game started and ran flawlessly

Barrakketh

• You're suddenly Director of Fixing That Shit!
  • Vice President of It's Your Problem Now.
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2010, 06:27:57 PM »
yeah, right now i am goin to try and make a virtual machine with a fresh copy of XP ,

Today i installed 12.5 onto my parents Vista pc and without any modification to the system at all the game started and ran flawlessly
Despite my Vista installation being up-to-date (as per Windows Update) UFO would crash when I tried running it (the only other game I had played on it at the time was PoFV, which worked fine).

I ended up installing DirectX from Microsoft's site (might as well get the newest version available) and installed that.  I skipped installing DX along with UFO because my machine shouldn't have needed it, but it turns out I was wrong :3
Cheating? I cannot even wrap my head around the point of it. Wouldn't you know you had cheated? How on Earth could you maintain crisp certainty of your superiority to all others? And if you're unable to do that, what's the point of anything?