Author Topic: When your friends sees you and your touhou....  (Read 60623 times)

jaxter0987

• Umiiro Shoujo ni Miserarete
  • Umi is love, Umi is life
Re: When your friends sees you and your touhou....
« Reply #120 on: October 15, 2011, 07:03:42 AM »
"OMG WHAT'S THAT IS THAT CHINEEEEEESE?!"

It happens all too often.  :derp:

ChocolateLily

• >LIKE A BOSS<
  • I SEE... absolutely nothing.
« Reply #121 on: October 15, 2011, 12:18:11 PM »
Friend watching ASDF: "I like trains. -WOOM-"
Me: Haha so does Yukari Yakumo.
Friend: WTF is that?
Me: Here, let me show you... -shows Yukari video-
Friend: What's happening!?
Me: Look at that person over there (points to Reimu)
Friend: Is she dodging all those bullets!?!?!?
Me: Yup.
Friend: FOR REAL!???
Me: Yup.

(Friend plays Ten Desires)
Me: Do you like the music?
Friend: Too Asian...
♥ ~ Shoutoku Taoist ~ Toyosatomimi no Miko~ ♥

Chocolate is a confectionery, Lily is a flower.
But my favourite food is rice, My favourite flower is an iris.
~Confused

ふとくていなねこじょおう

• Cirno Kisaragi
  • When Ice Cars completely miss the intended target
« Reply #122 on: October 15, 2011, 01:06:51 PM »
Me: *Playing UFO Lunatic

Mom: *Stop and stares at me.

Me: *Pause game and stares back. "what?"

Mom: ..........I think I dropped you twice as a child.

Me: .... :(

Well shit.  :colonveeplusalpha:
"I'm not sure about this anymore...Are you sure this is safe?"

"Absolutely! This is 100% safe! ...Not."

SuperParadox

• Thanks for letting me tag along guys...
  • ...But mom said I have to be home by 8!
    • Artwork from the future's past [Pixiv]
« Reply #123 on: October 17, 2011, 03:45:50 AM »
Sometimes when friends ask what games i play I'd show them touhou.
Their Reactions:
-How do you play this?
-What the hell?
-Why do you play this?
-Oh...
-How do you dodge that stuff?
-THATS SO COOL!!!!11!1

I even got one crazy shall a say "Weeaboo type" friend to over react about the game. Now long story short, shes someone who doesn't like when someone can do something better than her such as play harder video games ... All though Touhou isn't that hard at times. She proceeded to say that the game looked stupid and easy and such. I told her to give it a try then and she made excuses not to.
She was an avid vocaloid fan so i told her that the popular song "BadApple!!" Originated from the older Touhou games and was infact not a original vocaloid song. She denyed it. So i showed her the original. She then proceeded to say that vocaloid came before touhou. Yep. So i just kinda gave up at that point. Haha yet I think she does have plans to cosplay Reimu, I don't know why though. It would seem she hated the touhou series.

Ah well, i don't know why I wasted time typing that up.  :wikipedia: Just thought it was a nice story to tell. Not that I'm one of those people who act all ' ARG YOU HATE A GAME I LIKE?! YOU MUST BURN IN HELL' I constantly make fun of touhou. Shes just.... one of those people. I do hope she dosen't come to this site anytime soon haha.

I did convert a friend though. Although, she isint any good at Touhou shes more into the music and fanart ...
You usually have better chances converting a guy into touhou. Most of the times they are the ones saying it looks pretty cool.

SleepingTerror

• Advance or a8scond, advance or a8scond!
« Reply #124 on: October 17, 2011, 03:51:18 AM »
My friends said Touhou is stupid and dumb. It made me pissed, considering all they talk about is bands and Andy Sixx and stuff.

Drake

« Reply #125 on: October 17, 2011, 03:52:51 AM »
She was an avid vocaloid fan so i told her that the popular song "BadApple!!" Originated from the older Touhou games and was infact not a original vocaloid song.
bad apple isn't even sung by a vocaloid what the shit

My friends said Touhou is stupid and dumb. It made me pissed, considering all they talk about is bands and Andy Sixx and stuff.
hook line and sinker you dummy
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 04:17:29 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

SuperParadox

« Reply #126 on: October 17, 2011, 03:57:11 AM »
bad apple isn't even sung by a vocaloid what the shit

Thats what i'm trying to tell her.

It seems some vocaloid fans think that BadApple was sung by vocaloids frist. I don't even know why they like that song so much.

Marin The Magus

• The magician of dimensional dreams
  • Energetic Satorin~ Shougorori~
« Reply #127 on: October 17, 2011, 03:57:24 AM »
Sometimes when friends ask what games i play I'd show them touhou.
Their Reactions:
-How do you play this?
-What the hell?
-Why do you play this?
-Oh...
-How do you dodge that stuff?
-THATS SO COOL!!!!11!1

I even got one crazy shall a say "Weeaboo type" friend to over react about the game. Now long story short, shes someone who doesn't like when someone can do something better than her such as play harder video games ... All though Touhou isn't that hard at times. She proceeded to say that the game looked stupid and easy and such. I told her to give it a try then and she made excuses not to.
She was an avid vocaloid fan so i told her that the popular song "BadApple!!" Originated from the older Touhou games and was infact not a original vocaloid song. She denyed it. So i showed her the original. She then proceeded to say that vocaloid came before touhou. Yep. So i just kinda gave up at that point. Haha yet I think she does have plans to cosplay Reimu, I don't know why though. It would seem she hated the touhou series.

Ah well, i don't know why I wasted time typing that up.  :wikipedia: Just thought it was a nice story to tell. Not that I'm one of those people who act all ' ARG YOU HATE A GAME I LIKE?! YOU MUST BURN IN HELL' I constantly make fun of touhou. Shes just.... one of those people. I do hope she dosen't come to this site anytime soon haha.

I did convert a friend though. Although, she isint any good at Touhou shes more into the music and fanart ...
You usually have better chances converting a guy into touhou. Most of the times they are the ones saying it looks pretty cool.

Well, if you had actually hit that girl, I wouldn't even be surprised >_> Those people, they think they know about anime and such just because they've seen or heard half a conversation >_> i'm okay if she doesn't like touhou, but I seriously hate it when people don't aknowledge that touhou, despite being a doujin game, is a great game that has made a huge impact in the animeverse (despite not being even anime) and gameverse >_>

Drake

« Reply #128 on: October 17, 2011, 04:17:37 AM »
it should really be pretty easy to prove her wrong though
Lotus Land Story: 1998
First Vocaloids: 2004
Bad Apple feat. nomico: Lovelight by Alstroemeria Records; May 20, 2007
Hatsune Miku: August 31, 2007
PV Storyboard: nm3601701; June 2008
Shadow Art PV: sm8628149; October 2009

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

SuperParadox

« Reply #129 on: October 17, 2011, 04:27:32 AM »
Well, if you had actually hit that girl, I wouldn't even be surprised >_> Those people, they think they know about anime and such just because they've seen or heard half a conversation >_> i'm okay if she doesn't like touhou, but I seriously hate it when people don't aknowledge that touhou, despite being a doujin game, is a great game that has made a huge impact in the animeverse (despite not being even anime) and gameverse >_>

She's one of those people who think thier always right...Also she can't take it when someone dosen't like what she likes, I told her that I wasin't a big fan of Tales of Symhonya and she freaked and then attempted to punch me...(For some reason all weebs think they can kill a person)

Ahh back to Touhou reactions, I just never show people Touhou anymore. In fear of them being a weeaboo, a idiot, or something like... a touhou weeb... y'know those type of touhou fans...

it should really be pretty easy to prove her wrong though
Lotus Land Story: 1998
First Vocaloids: 2004
Bad Apple feat. nomico: Lovelight by Alstroemeria Records; May 20, 2007
Hatsune Miku: August 31, 2007
PV Storyboard: nm3601701; June 2008
Shadow Art PV: sm8628149; October 2009

I did, went on wiki, showed her the dates. She still dosen't beleive me. She denys that touhou came frist. I shit you not, shes serious too.

pineyappled

« Reply #130 on: October 17, 2011, 04:51:25 AM »
Give up. If she brings it up again, drop the topic. Some people are just not willing to admit that they're wrong.

SuperParadox

« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2011, 05:09:26 AM »
She is really annoying at times. I do try to keep her out of Touhou now, (I still don't understand why she'd want to cosplay someone from a game she dosen't like but okay.)  It is hard to keep her from shutting up though. I'd sometimes be listening to touhou music on my headphones in our computer class and she would say "OH LISTENING TO TOUHOU AGAIN?! YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS!" and then proceed to take over my computer and change it to say... one of her songs.

(Also sorry for going a bit off topic with this...)  :ohdear:

psyfaqs111

• Computer fixed, all hyped ready too go and then.....
  • No, NO FLANDRE, YOU CANNOT DESTROY IT
« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2011, 05:24:43 AM »
vocaloid fans will be vocaloid fans. let her be, you'd never win. (talking from experience)

anyways since im at a boarding school, my room mate keeps telling me i should stop playing that "stupid game"and get out of my room.
Its a sunday, what's up with him? im not bothering anyone with it, i even wear earphones to hear the music which he calls "lame".

Angelfire

• Oh, you can't help that.
  • Mostly everyone's mad here.
« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2011, 11:17:05 AM »
She is really annoying at times. I do try to keep her out of Touhou now, (I still don't understand why she'd want to cosplay someone from a game she dosen't like but okay.)  It is hard to keep her from shutting up though. I'd sometimes be listening to touhou music on my headphones in our computer class and she would say "OH LISTENING TO TOUHOU AGAIN?! YOU SHOULD LISTEN TO THIS!" and then proceed to take over my computer and change it to say... one of her songs.

Burn the heretic. Now.

Nobody should have the power to change you out of Demetori.
Without beginning or end

The ring stretches on into the infinite.

Marin The Magus

« Reply #134 on: October 17, 2011, 05:48:07 PM »
vocaloid fans will be vocaloid fans. let her be, you'd never win. (talking from experience)
Well, not all vocaloid fans are weabos. Most of 'em are, though.
Anyway, when I converted my friend, I had asked her if she liked yuri. She was an otaku, but it's *Extremely rare* for a latin otaku to know anything more than what naruto is. (The other day I heard "when it's uke x uke it's called yuri" >_> Damn you narutards...) 
So, well, convo was like this
"So, eh, do you like yuri?"
"...Kinda"
"Em, em *trying not to look like a lesbian xD*, I do too, but when it's cute and all the shit"
"So do I!"
"Then you'll be tear-stained after this *shows her touhou doujinshi*"
She loved it a lot, actually. And then it was quite easy to convert her.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2011, 07:36:18 PM by Marin The Magus »

Infy♫

• Demonic★Moe
« Reply #135 on: October 17, 2011, 06:59:12 PM »
Though, when I showed my friends touhou music, a lot of different reactions came out. Some people said stuff like "This is actually pretty good music...But all of this is too flashy" , and some, on the other hand, said things like "OMG WHAT'S THAT IS THAT CHINEEEEEESE?!"
this. so much.

I remember someone once laughingly told me about a guy who listened to "chinese metal". Since then, I hide my touhou obsession from anyone but those whom I trust. The rest isn't ready for it... yet.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #136 on: October 17, 2011, 07:02:39 PM »
The other day when I was making my final effort to perfect Miko on lunatic, a guy in the campus library saw the screen and commented "that is awesome man."

Usually though people do nothing more than gaze at what I'm playing occasionally.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

Marin The Magus

« Reply #137 on: October 17, 2011, 07:41:55 PM »
this. so much.

I remember someone once laughingly told me about a guy who listened to "chinese metal". Since then, I hide my touhou obsession from anyone but those whom I trust. The rest isn't ready for it... yet.
Well, once I *tried* showing some rock touhou music to my friends, and it ended up like this:
"...mary, what's this?"
"You just listen~ *places cellphone with music in the seat*"
"NO WAIT THIS IS CHINESE! *proceeds to snap the fuck out and throw my cellphone in the air*"
My cellphone wouldn't turn on after that. Yeah, some people tend to have a narrow view of the world =/  (don't ask me how they knew it was oriental music, it sounds just the fucking same)

shurcle

• You can nom on yourself sometimes!
« Reply #138 on: October 17, 2011, 09:36:27 PM »

anyways since im at a boarding school, my room mate keeps telling me i should stop playing that "stupid game"and get out of my room.
Its a sunday, what's up with him? im not bothering anyone with it, i even wear earphones to hear the music which he calls "lame".
A lot of the vocaloid fans I've seen recently can't tell it's vocaloid unless there are characters in their field of vision while the song is playing.

Another incident similar to this...
My friend got a free iphone so they put a bad apple video on it.
I took it over to my sister's friend and she asked "Is this vocaloid?"

チソウ タイゼン

• tarzan cheetos
  • you'll thank me for the cropping later
« Reply #139 on: October 18, 2011, 03:27:37 AM »
"Shit dude that game is trippy"

>_>

Angelfire

• Oh, you can't help that.
  • Mostly everyone's mad here.
« Reply #140 on: October 18, 2011, 11:32:34 AM »
Well, once I *tried* showing some rock touhou music to my friends, and it ended up like this:
"...mary, what's this?"
"You just listen~ *places cellphone with music in the seat*"
"NO WAIT THIS IS CHINESE! *proceeds to snap the fuck out and throw my cellphone in the air*"
My cellphone wouldn't turn on after that. Yeah, some people tend to have a narrow view of the world =/  (don't ask me how they knew it was oriental music, it sounds just the fucking same)

>Chinese text
>Japanese text

Man, I can't even READ either and I still know the difference. Also, overreaction much?
Without beginning or end

The ring stretches on into the infinite.

DX7.EP

• Red shroom
  • Smooth Charisma
    • Sanmaat (site of personal tat)
« Reply #141 on: October 22, 2011, 04:10:38 AM »
Random stranger while on the bus notices my Touhou wallpaper.
"My sister likes anim?. Is it from an anim??"
'No, not quite. It's from a game series.'

Then I try to play a bit of UFO but give up on it later since it's hard to concentrate on bus and I didn't know when to get off.
C:DOS> ayayaya.mid
Bad command or file name

C:>_

Aba Matindesu!

• keep it gwiyoming
  • DASEU RAESISSEU
« Reply #142 on: October 22, 2011, 08:49:09 AM »
Playing UFO Extra at a friend's house:
Friend 1: "Damn, that's hella hardcore man!
Friend 2: *distracts Beats by slapping his elbows*

teets mi hao 2 2hu teets mi teets mi hao 2 2hu

« Reply #143 on: October 23, 2011, 03:23:36 AM »
Depends on the friend. Some of them are "Holy *beep*, you can dodge that?"

The rest... well, the first card they saw was "Deathless "Xu Fu's Dimension"". Which, of course, looks like a swastika if you've never heard of a manji. So now they call Touhou characters "Nazi lolis."  ::)

shurcle

« Reply #144 on: October 23, 2011, 04:42:40 AM »
>Chinese text
>Japanese text

Man, I can't even READ either and I still know the difference. Also, overreaction much?
Most of the time you can't tell the difference unless you look for very specific differences like the abnormal amount of "の" I tend to see in song titles.

I haven't tried showing my friends east music yet, I don't want to end up looking like I know shit about music.

Marin The Magus

« Reply #145 on: October 23, 2011, 04:46:23 AM »
Most of the time you can't tell the difference unless you look for very specific differences like the abnormal amount of "の" I tend to see in song titles.

I haven't tried showing my friends east music yet, I don't want to end up looking like I know shit about music.
japanese sentences have hiragana/katakana, two japanese alphabets, so to speak,  which consist of really simple characters. Chinese sentences don't. It's unlikely that somebody confuses them unless it's a really short sentence.
Then again, how would they know  :V

shurcle

« Reply #146 on: October 23, 2011, 04:54:32 AM »
japanese sentences have hiragana/katakana, two japanese alphabets, so to speak,  which consist of really simple characters. Chinese sentences don't. It's unlikely that somebody confuses them unless it's a really short sentence.
Then again, how would they know  :V
I'm sorry, I assumed these song names were mostly kanji with little to no hiragana/katakana.
Even then, hiragana is basically chinese characters extremely simplified. Unlikely they'd tell the difference unless you're decently literate or at least somewhat familiar with either languages from various google searches.

« Reply #147 on: October 24, 2011, 02:50:58 AM »
Being one of three people at my school who even grasp Anime at all when ppl see it they don't even know what is happening. My friends think it is stupid and for pervs. 0///0 maybe a little. But anyway I'm not that public with my love for it. My friends always ask the stupidest questions like Why does that red girl wanna stop that pink person(yuyuko) because of a stupid tree. Rabbits from the moon? WTFudge. Also ppl think I'm into yu-gi-oh or what ever. I like anime and manga but yu gi oh is just pure potty.(lol) Trying not to curse here

Chronojet ⚙ Dragon

• The Oddity
  • 今コソ輝ケ、我ガ未来、ソノ可能性!!
« Reply #148 on: October 24, 2011, 03:13:16 AM »
don't worry it's totally alright to curse here

Also, people who ask the stupidest questions over and over are obviously plain stupid. Take Yuyuko and the Saigyou Ayakashi. You've told them it's because the Saigyou Ayakashi did blah blah blah how many times?
« Last Edit: October 24, 2011, 03:15:08 AM by alt-kyuu-kyuu »

Aya Squawkermaru

• "You furnish the pictures and I'll furnish the war." - William Hearst
  • Relevant quote is relevant.
« Reply #149 on: October 24, 2011, 03:19:58 AM »
Though you've got to admit, "just pure potty" is one of the best insults in the history of everything. It combines creativity and alliteration in a humorous way that still conveys the gravity of the insult. Well played, sir. Well played. :justasplanned:

Most of my friends don't really pay attention to my playing Touhou. They watch for a bit, then go back to their regular conversations. Not that I play Touhou in public often (don't like bringing my laptop everywhere) but still.