Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3  (Read 69688 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3
« Reply #450 on: June 12, 2018, 10:36:34 PM »
>"Not accustomed to being discovered, I take it."

>"Certainly not by the likes of you." the arrogant man replies, straightening out his jacket.

« Reply #451 on: June 12, 2018, 10:44:56 PM »
>"I ask again: what were you doing hiding yourself here?"

« Reply #452 on: June 12, 2018, 11:22:49 PM »
>"I ask again: what were you doing hiding yourself here?"

>The doctor takes a moment to examine his Red ring before answering you, "I was merely attempting to learn more about you." he states as he removes a handkerchief from his pocket and polishes his Jewel.

« Reply #453 on: June 12, 2018, 11:32:54 PM »
>"I had been given the distinct impression that all Blackblood had agreed to stay away from this place while we dealt with Semitur."

« Reply #454 on: June 13, 2018, 12:05:57 AM »
>"I had been given the distinct impression that all Blackblood had agreed to stay away from this place while we dealt with Semitur."

>The doctor gives you a smug smile as he pockets his handkerchief. "I would have preferred not to be here. However, my occupation demanded my presence. I am, after all, a physician, and I go where my unparalleled services are required."
>You'd really like to knock that smug look off his face.

>Byakuren Hijiri Corruption Score: 8%

« Reply #455 on: June 13, 2018, 12:58:39 AM »
>We presumably don't recognize him in any capacity, do we?
>Assuming not, ask Hakura discretely if she does

« Reply #456 on: June 13, 2018, 01:25:55 AM »
>We presumably don't recognize him in any capacity, do we?
>Assuming not, ask Hakura discretely if she does

>He does not appear familiar, no.
>"Not personally." she replies. "But a Red Jeweled doctor..." The eagle looks at the Blackblood appraisingly before continuing, "I believe he is the Blood Prince called Hook, a member of a powerful coven called the Buildtrons."

« Reply #457 on: June 13, 2018, 01:29:33 AM »
>Are we close enough to chat a moment without him probably listening in?
>Oh, the inconveniences of people we can't be telepathic with

« Reply #458 on: June 13, 2018, 01:33:14 AM »
>Are we close enough to chat a moment without him probably listening in?
>Oh, the inconveniences of people we can't be telepathic with

>Provided you keep your voices low, yes. He is far enough away, and there is enough ambient noise, for you to have some leeway. It would be better if the wind was stronger, but short of 'asking' Ice through one of your.... whatever term you wish to use to describe how you communicated with her before, you don't have to ability to affect that discreetly.
>It is a shame she did not accept your earlier offer.

« Reply #459 on: June 13, 2018, 03:57:41 AM »
>Quietly: "Is there anything I should know about him? Or them, for that matter?"

« Reply #460 on: June 13, 2018, 04:12:59 AM »
>Quietly: "Is there anything I should know about him? Or them, for that matter?"

>"He's supposed to be supremely arrogant, but very intelligent." she advises you. "I doubt he'll be stupid enough to attack, not with all us here AND the Ice Champion. I suspect he'll simply leave, now that you've exposed him."

>Byakuren Hiji Corruption Score: 4%.

« Reply #461 on: June 13, 2018, 04:22:06 AM »
>"And are you satisfied with that outcome, given these circumstances?"

« Reply #462 on: June 13, 2018, 04:31:50 AM »
>"And are you satisfied with that outcome, given these circumstances?"

>"I'd rather not fight a Red Jeweled Prince if I don't have to. Especially one backed by a strong Coven. If we killed him or transformed him, like you did with the Stuntrons, the other five Buildtrons would drop everything and try to kill you. Or me, and attack the Shrine to do it."
>White Rose nods very slightly. "Ya heard what Razorclaw said. We don't need to stir up the Blood if we can help it."
>"Unless you feel the need to make sure he doesn't leave?" Haruka asks.

« Reply #463 on: June 13, 2018, 04:47:24 AM »
>"I consider his motives suspect, but nothing I have said here is more than I have already said in public before."

« Reply #464 on: June 13, 2018, 04:51:06 AM »
>"I consider his motives suspect, but nothing I have said here is more than I have already said in public before."

>"He may have simply been trying take advantage of an opportunity." Haruka suggests. "He may have been on duty when the call came in for doctors to report to this scene. Seeing two of the Blood's potent enemies here, you and the Champions, he may have been trying to learn what he could."
>"Or he's lying." White Rose counters.
>"Possible." the eagle admits.

« Reply #465 on: June 13, 2018, 05:16:15 AM »
>Back to Hook: "At any rate, you were certainly not standing here in your capacity as a physician. Did no one else require your 'unparalleled services'?"

« Reply #466 on: June 13, 2018, 05:22:25 AM »
>Back to Hook: "At any rate, you were certainly not standing here in your capacity as a physician. Did no one else require your 'unparalleled services'?"

>"The remaining wounded were easily attended to by my colleagues, though I use the term loosely." he adds with a dismissive huff. "Besides, I saw an opportunity. You and your frosty bird friend represent quite a mystery to us."

« Reply #467 on: June 13, 2018, 05:31:46 AM »
>"I make no secret of my goals. If you have any questions you would like to ask...?"

« Reply #468 on: June 13, 2018, 05:39:05 AM »
>"I make no secret of my goals. If you have any questions you would like to ask...?"

>"Only one. Do you wish to fight me?" he asks, politely. For him.

« Reply #469 on: June 13, 2018, 05:46:13 AM »
>"I wish to fight very few people. But if you mean to ask whether I plan to do so here and now, then I believe you given me insufficient cause thus far. Do you plan to change that?"

« Reply #470 on: June 13, 2018, 06:33:19 AM »
>"I wish to fight very few people. But if you mean to ask whether I plan to do so here and now, then I believe you given me insufficient cause thus far. Do you plan to change that?"

>"Not at all. I've no desire to brawl across a dirty strip of tarmac with a pair of girls and an alien bird. But I also wasn't about to simply turn my back on you all and walk away. The shrine maiden, I know, is not one to shoot people in the back."
>"Why, you..." Rin mutters, angry at Hook's unspoken insinuation.

« Reply #471 on: June 13, 2018, 07:40:52 AM »
>"We will not attack you if you simply plan to leave, no."

« Reply #472 on: June 13, 2018, 07:05:33 PM »
>"We will not attack you if you simply plan to leave, no."

>Hook straightens his coat. "Good day." he says quite dismissively, then turns and heads back towards the entrance to the terminal, apparently giving you no more thought than the wind.

« Reply #473 on: June 14, 2018, 12:47:26 AM »
>Let him go, and then once he's safely out of earshot, say to Haruka: "So, do you think we brush this off as a one-off and pay it no further mind, or...?"

« Reply #474 on: June 14, 2018, 04:56:19 AM »
>Let him go, and then once he's safely out of earshot, say to Haruka: "So, do you think we brush this off as a one-off and pay it no further mind, or...?"

>"What choice do we have?" she asks with a very faint shrug of her wings. "I don't think we'll have to worry about his coven, since we didn't harm him. I'm sure you wounded his pride, but that won't be enough for the others to act on. Not from what I know of the Buildtrons. We could go after him, but that would only exacerbate the situation, provoke a conflict we both wish to avoid."

« Reply #475 on: June 14, 2018, 07:25:59 AM »
>"I'm certainly in no hurry to add to the number of problems we need to deal with. Are these Buildtrons... not an active menace like the Stuntrons were?"

« Reply #476 on: June 14, 2018, 09:09:26 AM »
>"I'm certainly in no hurry to add to the number of problems we need to deal with. Are these Buildtrons... not an active menace like the Stuntrons were?"

>"No. They keep a very low profile. So low, in fact, the identity of all of them are unknown. We believe there's six of them, and of those six, we know of Hook, and we know of two others. One a Yellow Jeweled Warlord who runs a local demolitions company, the other a Green Jeweled woman who works as a long distance truck driver and construction vehicle operator."
>"Demolitions?" White Rose asks, confused.
>"Explosives. In this case, using explosives to tear down old buildings in a safe manner."
>The kasha frowns. "A Blackblood that makes a living making bombs?" she asks incredulously.
>Haruka smiles her quiet smile. "Sounds like a recipe for disaster, I know. But he's been working in this city for seven years, and he's never injured anyone on his jobs. He's only ever been involved in one violent incident, and the police determined that the other men involved were the instigators. They attacked him, and Bonecrusher acted in self-defense."
>"Bonecrusher?" White Rose blurts.
>"That's what he calls himself." Haruka says simply. "I'm not certain why. I'm only glad he doesn't live up to it."

« Reply #477 on: June 14, 2018, 05:14:16 PM »
>"Well, putting that to one side for the moment..."
>Turn back to Ice
>"Thank you for pointing out his presence. Shall we resume what we were trying to do before we were interrupted?"

« Reply #478 on: June 15, 2018, 04:54:51 AM »
>"Well, putting that to one side for the moment..."
>Turn back to Ice
>"Thank you for pointing out his presence. Shall we resume what we were trying to do before we were interrupted?"

>Rin keeps a wary eye on the retreating Buildtron as you return your attention to the Ice Champion. The giant bird inclines her head slightly, which you assume is a sign of agreement.

« Reply #479 on: June 15, 2018, 07:22:36 AM »
>Let's try this again