Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3  (Read 69711 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3
« Reply #330 on: May 02, 2018, 07:44:27 PM »
>"So long as your ultimate goals involve the subjugation of this world, I'm afraid I must decline. But I am as committed as ever to finding a peaceful solution to your kind's liberation from Makai. If that means convincing your Mother to issue you different orders, then so be it."

>"Well, find it quick." Flandre insists, pouting slightly. "I hate the idea of having to fight you guys over the world. Scratch that, I hate the idea of fighting you guys at all. Evil people sure, but you're heroes!"

« Reply #331 on: May 02, 2018, 09:05:38 PM »
>Smile
>"I'm glad you think so. But if this is also what you want, then perhaps you might be able to help us contact Mother somehow?"

« Reply #332 on: May 02, 2018, 11:27:55 PM »
>Smile
>"I'm glad you think so. But if this is also what you want, then perhaps you might be able to help us contact Mother somehow?"

>"I don't know if I can." the Avatar says with a frown. "I know I'm connected to my Champion, but I don't get the same feeling about her mother. And I think there's some kinda barrier between here and Makai."
>"It was designed to keep us imprisoned on Makai." the Champion informs her. "That's just one of the things I will teach you."
>"What, NOW?"
>The Champion's head twitches in surprise. "Is there a problem with that?"
>"I gotta check on my bandmates! And my sister! I gotta see my sister, let her know I'm okay. Oh yeah, my show, I got a show to do on Saturday. If my band's okay, I gotta check on my band. Oh!" Flandre looks back at you. "I have a show this Saturday. I can totally hook you up, front row seats, back stage passes, you name it!"

« Reply #333 on: May 03, 2018, 12:21:40 AM »
>Smile
>"I'd be happy to see it."
>If only for the fact that it means she's doing normal people things and not 'conquering the world' things

« Reply #334 on: May 04, 2018, 05:54:46 AM »
>Smile
>"I'd be happy to see it."
>If only for the fact that it means she's doing normal people things and not 'conquering the world' things

>"Does that go for the rest of us?" Lily asks hopefully
>"Sure, sure! We're all friends here!"
>You blonde companion giggles excitedly, but pauses after a moment. "Even after I... Well I did-"
>"The fighting stuff? Don't worry 'bout it, I wasn't myself."
>"Ah, is that a relief. Still, sorry about that. I've been a fan of yours for years, and I hated having to fight you like that."
>Flandre giggles. "Yeah, that's not exactly how I like to meet my fans, either. How many's in your little group, anyways?" she asks you.

« Reply #335 on: May 04, 2018, 08:15:27 AM »
>"Six."

« Reply #336 on: May 04, 2018, 09:43:49 AM »
>"Six."

>"I think I got that many on me- Well not ON me, but they might still be in the plane. Gimme a minute." The Avatar immediately takes to the air, rocketing out the hole in the wall, leaving a contrail of heated light behind her. Lily follows behind her.
>The Champion does not follow its Avatar. "After everything that's happened, Lotus, I did not believe I'd ever have cause to say this to you. I do now. Thank you, Magical Lotus. Eventually I would have found my Avatar and healed her, but your assistance was extremely helpful."

« Reply #337 on: May 04, 2018, 05:17:36 PM »
>Bow our head lightly
>"I am glad I was able to help."
>"And I meant what I said earlier, about finding a way to contact your Mother and negotiate a better path forward for our kinds - one that would not give us cause to fight each other. If you know of any way that I can reach her, I believe it would be in both our best interests to share it."

« Reply #338 on: May 04, 2018, 07:39:08 PM »
>Bow our head lightly
>"I am glad I was able to help."
>"And I meant what I said earlier, about finding a way to contact your Mother and negotiate a better path forward for our kinds - one that would not give us cause to fight each other. If you know of any way that I can reach her, I believe it would be in both our best interests to share it."

>"I don't believe I agree, You've proven to be very surprising with your power. If you found a way to contact Mother, I have no guarantee you wouldn't find a way to strike at her."

« Reply #339 on: May 04, 2018, 09:31:02 PM »
>"If my goal was simply to stop you by force, I wouldn't need to go all the way to Makai to do it, would I? You're already here and you've made no attempt to disguise your presence in this city. We could have tracked you down to attack you at any time. The fact that you likely believe you would win any such confrontation is irrelevant, as surely I shouldn't expect the one who created you to be any less strong. What could we possibly have to gain by attacking an even more powerful being who isn't even in a position to threaten us herself at the moment?"

« Reply #340 on: May 04, 2018, 09:58:15 PM »
>"If my goal was simply to stop you by force, I wouldn't need to go all the way to Makai to do it, would I? You're already here and you've made no attempt to disguise your presence in this city. We could have tracked you down to attack you at any time. The fact that you likely believe you would win any such confrontation is irrelevant, as surely I shouldn't expect the one who created you to be any less strong. What could we possibly have to gain by attacking an even more powerful being who isn't even in a position to threaten us herself at the moment?"

>"I believe you Terrans have a saying. 'To kill a snake, cut off the head.' And I don't know if you'd have to go to Makai to strike at Mother. You know that we can send energy through the barrier to her, so there possibility exists that you could do the same. You've destroyed our Youmas, and proved capable of harming us. And you power, as well as that of your comrades, has grown, as has the size of your group. I have learned that I must not underestimate you. You are powerful and dangerous, even for a Terran."

« Reply #341 on: May 04, 2018, 10:28:25 PM »
>"I only want for our two peoples to live in peace - for neither to need fear the other or the horrors of Makai. I understand your reluctance to trust - I imagine a place like Makai does not breed the willingness to leave oneself vulnerable to anything. But, if you could facilitate communication, would if put your mind at ease if you were also there to 'supervise'? To be poised to act, should my words prove ever false and I do mean to do something more than open a dialogue?"

« Reply #342 on: May 05, 2018, 02:20:34 AM »
>"I only want for our two peoples to live in peace - for neither to need fear the other or the horrors of Makai. I understand your reluctance to trust - I imagine a place like Makai does not breed the willingness to leave oneself vulnerable to anything. But, if you could facilitate communication, would if put your mind at ease if you were also there to 'supervise'? To be poised to act, should my words prove ever false and I do mean to do something more than open a dialogue?"

>You cannot do that. Kiku protests. You cannot put yourself in that kind of vulnerable position.

« Reply #343 on: May 05, 2018, 04:13:46 AM »
>I did not intend to do so alone. It's less that I place myself at their mercy, so much as inviting them to keep watch and ensure that this is not some kind of deception. Consider if you were in their position; would you not also be wary at what we might be able to do if given unfettered access to their leader and the one who is apparently keeping Makai from devouring their kind completely?

« Reply #344 on: May 05, 2018, 05:56:48 AM »
>I did not intend to do so alone. It's less that I place myself at their mercy, so much as inviting them to keep watch and ensure that this is not some kind of deception. Consider if you were in their position; would you not also be wary at what we might be able to do if given unfettered access to their leader and the one who is apparently keeping Makai from devouring their kind completely?

>Absolutely. Kiku agrees. I'm sorry, I suppose I jumped to the wrong conclusion.
>As if I'd let her make herself that vulnerable. Rin adds.
>Kiku chuckles quietly. Indeed. I should have known better.

>The Champion seems to consider it for a moment. "Even if I did think this was a good idea, and I don't, I don't think I could-" Fire pauses abruptly, its head coming up. "Fools... You!" the fox calls up to the police chief. "Remove your people from the area outside. We know of the people you have preparing to strike at my Avatar from a distance. Remove them or watch them burn."
>The chief scowls. "Neither I nor my people respond well to threats." she replies firmly. "Right now my people are simply monitoring the situation outside. I don't intend to give the order to fire on Ms. Scarlet, or yourself, but I will if I have to."
>The air around the otherworldly fox flares red, but the Champion does not lash out. "These are your people, Lotus. I suggest you convince them to leave."
>"Magical Lotus has no authority over the police!" one of the officers on the lower level of the room yells.
>"She has the authority of being the leader of the only group of Terrans whose power I respect at all."

« Reply #345 on: May 05, 2018, 06:24:15 AM »
>To the chief: "I apologize if it seems as though I am presuming authority I do not have, but having your people to stand down may well be the most prudent course to avoid exacerbating a volatile situation. I will be happy to explain everything to you later, in as much detail as you like; I just don't want to see anyone get hurt here."
>Bow politely to her

« Reply #346 on: May 05, 2018, 07:58:09 AM »
>To the chief: "I apologize if it seems as though I am presuming authority I do not have, but having your people to stand down may well be the most prudent course to avoid exacerbating a volatile situation. I will be happy to explain everything to you later, in as much detail as you like; I just don't want to see anyone get hurt here."
>Bow politely to her

>"You can't ask us to simply stand down while such dangerous beings are at large." the chief replies in a reasonable tone. "We have a responsibility to this city and all who live here. That's a responsibility we cannot and will not abandon." Over a dozen voices sound off firm agreement to the chief's words.
>"On the other hand, chief," a familiar voice says from a group of officers to your southeast. It is Komachi Onozuka, who seems to be the only person here that isn't on edge. "the girl's got a point. We all agree that nobody wants to start shooting at anybody, right?"
>"I have said that. I have nothing to gain from any further deaths here."
>"Lotus has made it clear where we stand." Chrysanthemum says.
>Yuna adds, "Same goes for us of the shrines. We came here to preserve life, not endanger it."
>Komachi smiles lazily. "So look, how's this sound? We got wounded and downed officers and civilians, chief. Why don't we get them to safety, and the Flower Girls can keep an eye on Fire Fox here while we're doin' that? We already know the girls here can stand up to these Champions, an' they will if push comes to shove. And if it DOES all start to go to hell, we won't be too far away to help. 'zat sound good to you?"
>For a moment, you detect a grim scowl on the chief's face. It is the look of a woman who is having her authority questioned and who does not like it one bit. But the look is gone quickly. You barely noticed it yourself, with your attention diverted to the reaction your ring is giving you. It appears to be reacting to Komachi. "It is against my better judgement. In fact, it is a violation of more than one of our rules and regulat-"
>"Rules and regs are only good until they start puttin' people in danger that don't need to be there." Komachi interrupts her chief. "And the hard fact is, we're more in danger than the Flower Girls are. Fact, I'm willing to bet you'd feel safer without us around, wouldn't you girls? You wouldn't have to protect us if Foxy or her superpowered pop star gets ornery."

« Reply #347 on: May 05, 2018, 08:17:15 AM »
>"It would be reassuring to know that as many people as possible were out of danger."

« Reply #348 on: May 06, 2018, 03:19:37 AM »
>"It would be reassuring to know that as many people as possible were out of danger."

>"There ya have it. And you don't mind if those of us that don't have flower power busy ourselves with that kinda work, do ya, Foxy?"
>The Champion's tail stiffen in irritation, but the fox says, "So long as you do not threaten my Avatar or myself, I do not care."
>"So you're okay with someone threatening Ice?" White Rose accuses the Champion, giving the fox a rather disgusted look.
>Uncaring of the kasha's irritation, the Champion laughs. "As if that was even possible."

>Why did you say that? Carnation asks White Rose.
>I don't like the way Fire seems to treat Ice. I'm sorry, I know you're trying to keep things calm, Lotus, but, I... I couldn't help myself.

« Reply #349 on: May 06, 2018, 07:09:43 AM »
>It's alright; I don't think any harm has been done.
>To the chief: "Is this acceptable to you, considering the circumstances?"

« Reply #350 on: May 06, 2018, 10:39:41 AM »
>It's alright; I don't think any harm has been done.
>To the chief: "Is this acceptable to you, considering the circumstances?"

>Looking distinctly unhappy- and really, you can't entirely blame her for that- Chief Toyosatomimi answers, "It can be. But understand me, Onozuka," she adds, giving the redheaded officer a stern look. "You will be held responsible for anything that happens here."
>Komachi merely shrugs. "Yeah, figured you'd say that."

>As Komachi and the chief begin issuing orders, the Champion returns its attention to you. "Why is it that you have no authority? You group is far more powerful than these other Terrans."
>"Might don't make right." White Rose says bluntly.
>"You've also shown that you value the lives of the people of this world, and that you're tactically smart as well. Those are marks of good leadership. But you are not recognized for it."

« Reply #351 on: May 06, 2018, 06:44:31 PM »
>"We are recognized by some - they did, after all, agree. But there are many different groups on Earth who follow different authorities and for different reasons. And perhaps it may not seem that way from your limited encounters with them, but the police have a great deal more experience than us at dealing with everyday threats; they too help keep the people of the city safe, and in ways we could not possibly have time to handle ourselves."

« Reply #352 on: May 07, 2018, 08:38:38 PM »
>"We are recognized by some - they did, after all, agree. But there are many different groups on Earth who follow different authorities and for different reasons. And perhaps it may not seem that way from your limited encounters with them, but the police have a great deal more experience than us at dealing with everyday threats; they too help keep the people of the city safe, and in ways we could not possibly have time to handle ourselves."

>"But you have the experience with we of Makai. And the power. Shouldn't that be enough to give you the instant authority among your people where we're concerned?"

« Reply #353 on: May 08, 2018, 12:11:30 AM »
>"It would be enough for some. But many do not know us and I believe you can understand why respect might not be given instantly to people you have not yet seen prove themselves."

« Reply #354 on: May 08, 2018, 02:23:36 AM »
>"It would be enough for some. But many do not know us and I believe you can understand why respect might not be given instantly to people you have not yet seen prove themselves."

>"Yes, I can understand that."
>"And unlike our chief, I seen Lotus in action before." says Komachi as she walks over towards you. "Her an' White Rose. I know we're in good hands."
>The Champion gives Komachi a curious look. "You are the only one of these Terrans that does not seem to hate or fear me."
>Komachi shrugs. "I got better things ta do with my life than hate. And the things I'm afraid of are a lot more exotic than a fiery fox from Makai. I just wanna know you're up to now, since you got what you came here for."
>"Once my Avatar..." The Champion trails off, its head lowering.
>"Everything okay?" Komachi asks.
>"I didn't..." the Champion replies, the fox's voice losing the fiery distortion you've come to expect from them. "Do all you Terrans feel so strongly?" it asks, a note of sorrow in its voice.

« Reply #355 on: May 08, 2018, 06:05:36 AM »
>Do we have any idea what they're talking about? Can we sense again some of what we sensed earlier?

« Reply #356 on: May 08, 2018, 06:53:42 AM »
>Do we have any idea what they're talking about? Can we sense again some of what we sensed earlier?

>You do not, and you cannot.

« Reply #357 on: May 08, 2018, 07:03:41 AM »
>"I am... not certain what you mean."

« Reply #358 on: May 08, 2018, 05:05:53 PM »
>"I am... not certain what you mean."

>"I can feel my Avatar... She has seen what that succubus did to the people on the airplane. She is crying now."

« Reply #359 on: May 08, 2018, 06:04:26 PM »
>"That is... understandable. And yes, many would, in her position. Witnessing that kind of brutality can... affect one deeply."