Author Topic: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3  (Read 69817 times)

Re: Magical Lotus - Mahou Shoujou Byakuren - Episode 5, Part 3
« Reply #300 on: April 29, 2018, 10:59:31 PM »
>Aren't there still allies of ours right next to Semitur?
>Or anyone else potentially in the line of fire?

>Subala is quite close to her, most likely to maintain the barrier containing Semitur.
>Apart from the owl youkai, there is no one directly in Flandre's line of fire. As for whether or not anyone else is at risk of any sort from that bullet, it depends on exactly what it will do when it strikes its target.
>Or rather IF it strikes its target. Using your own magic, you do have the opportunity to intercept the projectile, if only barely.

« Reply #301 on: April 30, 2018, 02:27:02 AM »
>Try to throw a Sapphire Lotus between Subala and Semitur, just in case there's a backlash that she might get caught up in

« Reply #302 on: April 30, 2018, 02:50:02 AM »
>Try to throw a Sapphire Lotus between Subala and Semitur, just in case there's a backlash that she might get caught up in

>With barely moments to spare, instinct kicks your magic into action, and you aim your Sapphire light not at the projectile Flandre launched, but at the owl youkai standing perilously close to Semitur. Said shrine maiden, in a testament to her own reflexes, is already acting as well, beating her wings and trying to launch herself backwards, but she won't get far enough away from any kind of explosion, if Flan's spell turns out to be a fireball-type spell.
>Your barrier appears just as the red projectile from Flan pierces Subala's containment field as though it wasn't there and strikes the succubus square in the back. Instantly the flesh on Semitur's back around the impacted area begins to ripple. That rippling quickly spreads across the succubus' body, and pained noises begin to emerge from Semitur. Her body begins to contort, bulging and twisting in places and in ways no mortal body was meant to do. She spins over onto her back and screams once, an anguished noise, as she arches her back, her body beginning to expand as it distorts. Angry red light pours from the mouth and the open wounds of Semitur, and at last, the evil woman's body explodes in a shower of gore. White Rose quickly erects a shield of her own, intercepting Semitur's wing and parts of her arm before they can strike any of you three.

>"Problem solved." Flandre says, fairly quietly. She sounds slightly confused as well.

« Reply #303 on: April 30, 2018, 02:58:45 AM »
>Let's try not to be sick...
>"That... was unnecessary. We would have seen to it that no one was ever endangered by her again."

« Reply #304 on: April 30, 2018, 04:00:50 AM »
>Let's try not to be sick...
>"That... was unnecessary. We would have seen to it that no one was ever endangered by her again."

>It takes a truly herculean effort to keep your stomach under control. Judging from the sounds you hear across the room, neither Yuna nor Carnation were as successful. Those sounds very nearly push you over your own limit. Rin grips your hand as you sway in place, keeping you grounded, in more ways than one.
>"That's what I did." Flandre protests. She stares at the floor where Semitur was. "But I don't understand why I don't feel better."

« Reply #305 on: April 30, 2018, 04:24:46 AM »
>"Killing her can never erase the harm that she did or bring her victims back to life. This is why vengeance is so hollow; no harm inflicted on another - no matter how heinous they are or how much we feel they deserve it - can right a wrong already done. But sometimes, other choices can."

« Reply #306 on: April 30, 2018, 05:05:10 AM »
>"Killing her can never erase the harm that she did or bring her victims back to life. This is why vengeance is so hollow; no harm inflicted on another - no matter how heinous they are or how much we feel they deserve it - can right a wrong already done. But sometimes, other choices can."

>"Yeah... That's true, isn't it." The Avatar of Fire raises her head. "But I didn't do it for vengeance. There's bad people in the world. A lot of bad people." She clenches her fist tightly. "And they need to be stopped. They need to go away. Forever."

« Reply #307 on: April 30, 2018, 11:08:38 PM »
>"It is true that there is violence in the world that needs to be stopped, that there are threats which people need to be protected from, but death is rarely the answer. Death begets more death - people who kill others because those they loved were killed, people who are dangerous only because someone else has endangered them. Protecting people doesn't have to mean threatening someone else for their sake; there can be a better path, a better world than one where every dangerous life is snuffed out. I have seen it."

« Reply #308 on: May 01, 2018, 12:46:43 AM »
>"It is true that there is violence in the world that needs to be stopped, that there are threats which people need to be protected from, but death is rarely the answer. Death begets more death - people who kill others because those they loved were killed, people who are dangerous only because someone else has endangered them. Protecting people doesn't have to mean threatening someone else for their sake; there can be a better path, a better world than one where every dangerous life is snuffed out. I have seen it."

>The Avatar laughs softly, a sound with no amusement to it. "Where? When you're asleep?"

« Reply #309 on: May 01, 2018, 01:42:40 AM »
>"I mean to say that I have seen the good that can come from seeking to heal rather than punish. Someone like Semitur may have been beyond redemption in this life, but most are not."

« Reply #310 on: May 01, 2018, 02:22:22 AM »
>"I mean to say that I have seen the good that can come from seeking to heal rather than punish. Someone like Semitur may have been beyond redemption in this life, but most are not."

>"And judging them is not up to you." the chief of police calls down to Flandre. "Flandre Scarlet, you are under arrest for the murder of the succubus known as Semitur."
>The Avatar appears to ignore the police chief, and the new weapons pointed at her by the officers present. "Well, that'll work out fine. You and your friends can redeem everyone that can be, and me and my friends will handle everyone that can't."
>"You just said you didn't like doing... that." White Rose protests, nodding briefly at the remains of Semitur.
>"I don't have to like it. But if it's gotta be done, it's gotta be done, right?" Flandre smiles and shrugs. "Not the first thing I've ever had to do because I had to."

« Reply #311 on: May 01, 2018, 03:24:14 AM »
>"But what you just did here didn't have to be done. Semitur was already beaten and there is already a process for seeing that people like her are dealt with. How was the world bettered by killing her here?"

« Reply #312 on: May 01, 2018, 03:36:01 AM »
>"But what you just did here didn't have to be done. Semitur was already beaten and there is already a process for seeing that people like her are dealt with. How was the world bettered by killing her here?"

>"Because now she can't hurt anyone else. I mean, there's no chance. I don't what prisons are like- You WERE thinking of sending her to jail, right?"

« Reply #313 on: May 01, 2018, 03:45:44 AM »
>"If I wasn't satisfied that the police could confine her safely, then our magic certainly could. I hadn't planned to take any chances either."

« Reply #314 on: May 01, 2018, 04:04:44 AM »
>"If I wasn't satisfied that the police could confine her safely, then our magic certainly could. I hadn't planned to take any chances either."

>Flandre's smile brightens once more, and you make a point not to look into her big red eyes this time. You're trying to make a point, and can't afford to be distracted. "Brave, strong, smart AND safe. You girls are wicked heroes, all right."
>"And you are a criminal!" the chief yells. "I say again, you are under arrest! Put your hands in the air now!" The officers around her punctuate her order by raising their blaster rifles.
>"Don't point weapons at my Avatar, Terrans." the voice of the Fire Champion cautions. The otherworldly fox is standing in- well where the door used to be before Flandre blew apart that part of the wall. Lily is standing to her right, weirdly. "Or I will point mine at you. Well, Lotus," the Champion says, turning its attention to you, "things seem to have worked out well after all."

« Reply #315 on: May 01, 2018, 04:14:12 AM »
>"Semitur has been... dealt with and your Avatar is safe and whole once more, yes."
>To the police chief, firmly: "And while I understand your intentions, I want to stress that nothing good can come from pressing this issue now; if you attempt to use force, the results might be disastrous."

« Reply #316 on: May 01, 2018, 04:28:00 AM »
>"Semitur has been... dealt with and your Avatar is safe and whole once more, yes."
>To the police chief, firmly: "And while I understand your intentions, I want to stress that nothing good can come from pressing this issue now; if you attempt to use force, the results might be disastrous."

>"She offers you good advice, Terran. I have no pressing need to slaughter you all. In fact, my companion is presently extending some goodwill towards the other victims of this 'Semitur', Do not give me cause to retract that goodwill.
>"What sort of 'goodwill'?" Chrysanthemum asks suspiciously.
>"Ice is purging the people you fought of the corruption Semitur had planted in them."
>"She can do that?" Carnation asks, her surprise plain.
>"We can do many things."
>"My friends!" Flandre shouts. "I almost forgot about them! Will they be okay?" she calls, almost begging for it to be true.
>Calm yourself, my Avatar, they will be their old selves again. Even if Ice had not taken matters into her own talons, I'm sure Lotus and her friends would have helped if we had asked. True?"

« Reply #317 on: May 01, 2018, 04:32:04 AM »
>"We would not have even needed to be asked. I consider it our duty."

« Reply #318 on: May 01, 2018, 04:53:11 AM »
>"We would not have even needed to be asked. I consider it our duty."

>"Why would the Champion of Ice care about the corruption inflicted upon a few Terrans?" Chrysanthemum asks.
>Practically speaking, they're more valuable to us in their previous state." So cold-blooded for a fiery creature.
>"And not practically speaking?" asks Carnation.
>"Is no business of yours." the Champion snaps. "Now come, my Avatar, we're leaving."
>Flandre blinks. "Leaving? But I was talking to... Lotus was your name?" she asks.

« Reply #319 on: May 01, 2018, 04:55:18 AM »
>Nod
>"That's right."

« Reply #320 on: May 01, 2018, 04:58:47 AM »
>Nod
>"That's right."

>The Avatar considers that for a moment. Her contemplative face is rather adorable, you have to admit. "But that's not your real name, is it?" she asks politely.

« Reply #321 on: May 01, 2018, 05:38:24 AM »
>"It is the name I have chosen to wear, which makes it as real as any other."

« Reply #322 on: May 02, 2018, 02:13:52 AM »
>"It is the name I have chosen to wear, which makes it as real as any other."

>"Ah, it's your stage name. That's cool."
>"What made you think that?" White Rose asks her.
>"I can see it, sorta. Like, the name 'Lotus' sounds like your clothes look, like they're hiding something. I totally get it, though, you gotta do what you gotta do to stay out of the tabloids."

« Reply #323 on: May 02, 2018, 02:22:29 AM »
>"That's... one way of looking at it, I suppose."

« Reply #324 on: May 02, 2018, 02:47:56 AM »
>"That's... one way of looking at it, I suppose."

>"That's what my manager always tells me, anyway. I guess I don't worry enough about that sort of thing." she says with a smile. It's almost like she's forgotten about what she just did. "You're probably a celeb yourself round these parts, if this is the sort of thing you do all the time. How do you handle the press and the paps?"

« Reply #325 on: May 02, 2018, 03:16:45 AM »
>"I try to keep a low profile when not 'working'."

« Reply #326 on: May 02, 2018, 04:35:31 AM »
>"I try to keep a low profile when not 'working'."

>"Not easy, is it? Magic and music really catch peoples eyes."
>"And Magical Lotus and her comrades have a real knack for involving themselves in magical affairs." the Fire Champion adds. "They've interfered with us as much as they've helped us."
>Flandre seems surprised. "Interfered with?"

« Reply #327 on: May 02, 2018, 06:46:34 AM »
>To the Champion: "Where innocent people are endangered, we will be there to protect them - even from you. But I much prefer it when we can cooperate."

« Reply #328 on: May 02, 2018, 05:36:28 PM »
>To the Champion: "Where innocent people are endangered, we will be there to protect them - even from you. But I much prefer it when we can cooperate."

>"I believe I do as well. It is unfortunate that this is not always the case."
>"Why not?" Flandre says accusingly. To her Champion, not to you. "Are you telling me that I'm gonna have to fight these girls?"
>"That's up to them." The Champions's tails swish as the fox settles on its haunches. "Our offer remains open. In fact, your positions among our ranks would be even more honored now."

« Reply #329 on: May 02, 2018, 06:45:32 PM »
>"So long as your ultimate goals involve the subjugation of this world, I'm afraid I must decline. But I am as committed as ever to finding a peaceful solution to your kind's liberation from Makai. If that means convincing your Mother to issue you different orders, then so be it."