Author Topic: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Game Over, Town Wins]  (Read 113763 times)

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
Re: Cavalier of the Abyss Mafia [Day 2]
« Reply #600 on: July 18, 2011, 01:32:25 AM »
You know, I hadn't thought about it before, but I just realized that if I assume 3 scum then a town flip on both Iffrita and Miya with a vig shot on one would put us into MyLo.

Which is a problem because I don't have particularly strong scum reads on either of them. Heck, that's why I'm voting Xix.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #601 on: July 18, 2011, 01:36:10 AM »
OH HEY GUYS, A BIRDIE TOLD ME I SHOULD ASK

Does shooting someone reset the votecount?

Bardiche

• Mafia: Worst Game Ever
« Reply #602 on: July 18, 2011, 01:37:28 AM »
That birdie had better not be a player or non-player.

Yes, if the amount of votes changes during the Day, the votecount is Reset.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #603 on: July 18, 2011, 01:38:19 AM »
It wasn't. Well, it wasn't an illegal conversation, I should say.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #604 on: July 18, 2011, 01:39:37 AM »
All right. Book, you might want to shoot ASAP with that knowledge. We need a majority to lynch and it will take 5 or 6 votes to lynch, I can't tell which without Mikhail existing anymore.

DiEnd

• DiEnd
« Reply #605 on: July 18, 2011, 01:40:46 AM »
All right. Book, you might want to shoot ASAP with that knowledge. We need a majority to lynch and it will take 5 or 6 votes to lynch, I can't tell which without Mikhail existing anymore.

On this note, I believe you took his place as a voter.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #606 on: July 18, 2011, 01:41:19 AM »
>_>
I really want Miya to post, because I don't want the infamy of having passed over lurkscum to shoot someone who looked fairly town all of D1.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #607 on: July 18, 2011, 01:43:10 AM »
...derp, of course. It's still 11 alive. It would be 12 if Mikhail still counted. Ok. WE'RE GOING TO NEED 6 TO LYNCH!

We need to get our asses together and decided on something. If Iffrita is town, it's a no brainer. But guess what? Odds are she's not town. We need to decide who's dying before if Iffrita is scum. I vote Orwen. I'll ISO him to add to the case.

@Book: God, I'll take the damn responsibility for being wrong. I'm pushing you to shoot ASAP, so if Iffrita flips town, it's my fault. You have shown that you want to think this through and no one can blame you for being wrong, ok?

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #608 on: July 18, 2011, 01:43:42 AM »
One makes a good point on Miya though. Iffrita was one of Miya's top scum reads through Day 1. If Miya apparently had reason to think Iffrita was scum today, why not add a vote to go along with his suspicions? I also don't like the clears on Xix and Depore and want him to explain them.
OK first of all, no One has a horrible point.
Think about it.  I had thought hard and did it the best to my ability to be fair to Empress, give her a chance to explain herself if she could come up with a really good reason for having done what she did last night I may have been able to be convinced that she could be town.  By not immediately voting her as scum would have without giving her a chance of explaination, I thought that what I was doing was the best way to go about it since when what she responded with became utter bullshit, I could vote and address that as such as well.

As for the clears on Xix and Depore.  Xix really read to me as extremely frusterated townie when he got pushed to L-1 in the first 1/3 of the day with his responses and refer to this.  I already have said that people were making horrid cases on him with the exception of Empress who had a semi decent one but that no longer matters since she is scum and dropped it in favor of a weaker Depore case which was: Xix case, Depore Case.  That's scummy on it's own.  And when I also have another scum read pursuing someone I think is town (ONE) I think what it was was just the easy day 1 mislynch wagon to scum that failed and scum had to abort.  I still think One is scum and that will come later in the post.

Depore clear was pretty basic too I swear I explained it.  I once again refer back to this since at the time, while she wasn't my most glowing and vibrant town read she still read more as a new town rather than new scum.  By that time I already knew something was odd about Iffrita so I had to consider, Would scum really super bus each other like that on day 1 when prefered scum play is to start off with a mislynch?  Fuck no.  That would be stupid so that's also where part of my clear of her comes from. 

Moonin:  Why in the motherfucking hell is Iffrita's post claims behaviour not being considered by you?!  HRRRRR  I'm going to get you next post but you are scummy now.

More Family Feud.
This post has so much wrong with just what the fuck?
First, she agrees that scum have used neighborizers in the past to make scummy voting blocks but leaves out that yes, my dear, it is a scummy action to me, regardless of what you think.
Implying stuff in a FULLCLAIM is bad, when you need to be as clear as you possibly can so there can be no misunderstandings that you can roll with later.
Then he takes a stab at the fact that, "yes the role I claimed is total bullshit. <_<"
Last line: Except when you are lying scum, because that's what you've been doing all day.

Hi One!  Your 507 rolefish is noted.

Demon 522: If you can recall~ Iffrita was teh #1 scumz for reasons I couldn't put my finger but I still have to give her benefit of the doubt on the track, not starting the day busting out with a vote.  Yes, One is still scum especially since Empress is, see next.

524: I dislike you book for implying it's ok for someone to leave out a MAJOR part of today and what their opinions of us can be based off of.

Family Feud nothing, this is like Family brawl
Her case on me !!!

First up, One, Moonin, Depore and You Empress where the only people I was throwing suspicion at in that post.
You can replace "voting an unlikely target (me)" with, someone I thought was scummy and showing my suspicions as such.
OH busted by: "I feel that Miya was basically using her #83 to coast by until her next post."  You're right, there was no scum hunting or attemts to gain information to further help me catch the scum at all in that post, my bad. (No, wtf have you read it?)

Next blurb about my 244:  Really, I fucking use my power that catches scum last night ON YOU.  YES YOU.  NOT ONE, YOU.  And you have the nerve to say, it makes you wonder if I really think you are my number one scum.  What?!?
Why do you think I claimed today.  I was fairly sure you were scum but there is nothing solid enough that wouldn't be considered a conspiracy theory to catch you with.  If I thought I could make a case on you yesterday that would make people lynch you, I would have done it.  If I thought I could do today making a case on you that people would believe without a report, don't you fucking think I would have and made my self a less likely night kill since now I'm an outed power role that catches scum?  Please.

291: Deadline was how long away?  The trend I saw and the way I executed this action shows my thought process, "I also think this guy is scum, people have been whoo hooing the fuck off all day and I still can see no solid consolidation of ideas.  I'll make the person I think is scum a wagon, since the other ones aren't happening given how long it takes for anything to take off all day."  That's about all I can say about that, yes it looks terribad because I didn't get more words in edgewise before the hammer that was from L-2. 

Your crack at 341 is bullshit but thanks for trying though.
No, I was doing my best to be fair and just on the slight chance you were a townie with a verifiable action but you aren't.  I would not be incapable of attacking you regardless of alignment even if your power was verifiable though since if I still thought you were scum later I would have pursued it and that goes back to my explaination of why I claimed my power in the first place. (read 244 response)

Everything about me being lurkscum is take as you will about my illness claim so yeah.

I got to 533 so take this and run with it.
Next post incoming.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #609 on: July 18, 2011, 01:44:49 AM »
There, a Miya post. She's still rereading but that's a good chunk of it >=[!

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #610 on: July 18, 2011, 01:45:38 AM »
You're not going to be alive tomorrow to take responsibility for it!
Also shooting will not only make me a death miller (which encompasses investigations while I'm alive as well) but it'll change my name.

Cut: Reading now.

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #611 on: July 18, 2011, 01:46:55 AM »
Alright, here's my problem with shooting Miya and lynching the Iffrita - I don't think either of them are particularly likely to be scum. If I go by Iffrita's play, then I would never go after her lynch. I also agree with her 533, I just don't necessarily think Miya is scum if Iffrita flips town. I've considered the possibility that Iffrita was redirected by Miya and decided it seems too ballsy to try a case on redirecting a player that might not even have a night action, so Miya was definitely a tracker.

If Miya is actually a tracker, then I thought she is probably a town tracker; going with a case she had yesterday for the basis of her track makes sense. Iffrita's reasoning that scum Miya wanted leeway, however, was not something I considered at the time.

- 7 cuts -

Reading.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #612 on: July 18, 2011, 01:47:14 AM »
What I mean to say is that BOOK CANNOT BE BLAMED FOR SHOOTING IFFRITA BECAUSE I'M URGING HIM TO DO IT. You also said the "infamy", which means that regardless of whether I live or not, I'm still the one that will take all the shit for it in postgame, ok? I'm confident I won't be wrong.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #613 on: July 18, 2011, 01:49:47 AM »
Haven't read Miya's post yet, but:
I've considered the possibility that Iffrita was redirected by Miya and decided it seems too ballsy to try a case on redirecting a player that might not even have a night action, so Miya was definitely a tracker.
This is where the leeway comes in. She never claimed to be a tracker in her first post, just that she had reason to believe I was scum. She could have changed her story to anything she wanted, such as a cop or whatever.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #614 on: July 18, 2011, 01:52:13 AM »
524: I dislike you book for implying it's ok for someone to leave out a MAJOR part of today and what their opinions of us can be based off of.
This was in response to the following:
@Role Claim:I'm unable to help in this part, due to the fact that I do not understand the importance of role powers.

Still reading.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #615 on: July 18, 2011, 01:53:20 AM »
Same foes for you too ya know, if you had said something outragous like "I visited Yuan," you would have been lying, so are you saying I should have claimed tracker in my first post to make your job as a fakeclaimer easier?

Kiva-la

• Kiva-la
« Reply #616 on: July 18, 2011, 01:54:32 AM »
Book - If there is any chance you are shooting Miya, we need her role claim. Otherwise, it can wait until after Iffrita's flip.

Are you considering shooting Miya at this time?

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #617 on: July 18, 2011, 02:00:35 AM »
Fine then. Miya, please roleclaim.

@Navarus: The reason why it's so important to me that I get this vig shot right is that regardless of what happens I am going to be flipping as scum when/if I die. I do not want to give scum the pleasure of working off my "scum" flip. Getting this shot right will help to allay that.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #618 on: July 18, 2011, 02:01:20 AM »
Unless I'm about to take a bullet for real, I would appreciate it if I could hold off on the fullclaiming now.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #619 on: July 18, 2011, 02:03:11 AM »
@Book: I understand what you're saying. As far as I'm concerned, your actions speak for themselves though. You've claimed several times you'd be "flipping scum". So anyone arguing with your flip as evidence will look immensely suspect. Particularly if you get NK'd. I doubt you're going to be lynched anytime soon.

Delaying much longer would make you scummier.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #620 on: July 18, 2011, 02:04:58 AM »
What I meant is that if I don't fullclaim today I will be much more useful but if you ask me again I will.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #621 on: July 18, 2011, 02:06:19 AM »
I see no need for a fullclaim unless Iffrita flips town. Book has the final decision though, I guess.

W

• Heat Joker
« Reply #622 on: July 18, 2011, 02:11:07 AM »
Is there any more information you can give without fullclaiming?

Iffrita: Last words please.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #623 on: July 18, 2011, 02:15:15 AM »
  • Miya needs to die.
  • Depore has been doing a good job of just barely skirting the issue of the family feud throughout the day.
  • Mala's stance on my wagon is sketchy. I don't like how she ended up doing most of the work for Miya in terms of pressuring me, given that I think one of the main reasons Miya is scum is because she was letting the other players lynch the townies for her.

And that's about it. I don't have any suspects that I haven't already mentioned before, sorry.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #624 on: July 18, 2011, 02:16:32 AM »
ALL RIGHT! My BEAUTIFUL ORWEN CASE IS COMPLETE!

Post 31: GUT =D!

Post 74: I just realized what's wrong with this post. It's a case on Mala that doesn't actually say a damn thing about why she's scummy. It reports on her actions, dresses it up a little, and then says she's scum. This is supposedly enough to keep his vote on Mala despite the everything else.

Quote from: Orwen
I'm also really not liking the wagon on Xix, nor I'm I fond of Mala's.

Mala's Wagon or Mala's Vote. This could look very bad and I wish I had questioned it before.

The follow up is pretty much the spreading around of suspicion everyone accused Xix of. Interesting.

Post 222: The case on Mala is really bad at first, and Orwen has not really expressed suspicions outside of Mala. For a bit he was poking Xix, but even that has gone away. It reminds me a little of Just except with more town reads mixed in. The furthermore is decent, but I don't feel it's strong. I'd need to check Mala to corrobate whether she has this supposed flexibility.

Post 242: Well, he had to be pressed for these, but what's notable is outside of Xix, the entire thing is a fencesit. "I wouldn't mind seeing Moonin lynched." "I think both Depore and One are scummy but maybe they are town" "I wouldn't oppose or favor Just's lynch." Even the case on Xix opens with:

Quote from: Orwen
I'm willing to lynch Xix. While he hasn't done anything I found particularly scummy, he hasn't doneO anything I found particularly good either.

Post 318: I only cite this for NewDepore's sake. This sounds exactly like the logic I was proposing. The only thing not mentioned is the fact that it's the "this can be done in LYLO" thing that was awful.

Post 330: OK, you know what? This heavily implies Orwen knew the day would end with his vote. He later denies this. I think this post alone is enough to make me want to kill him with fire. I didn't give it much thought earlier when I pressed him about it, but, no, seriously, why would you say that, Orwen?

Post 335: Query, do you think Mala and Xix could be scum together?

Post 339: The end of this post is just weird. It's strongly like coaching Depore. The difference between what I did and what Orwen is doing here is that I was doing it while considering her town. He's doing it while he's saying he's very suspicious of her. It feels like he's pleading for her to make good content so he doesn't have to back up his suspicions of her with a vote. Also interesting is the pressure to answer questions from someone he considers scum. Did you think at that time Mala and Depore could be scum together?

Post 421: This is the post that makes 330 awful, for reference.

Next few posts are basically questions that *look* townie but honestly add nothing to the table. It looks like fluff.

Post 528: This is also a pretty awful post. The random switch to Xix and sudden fencesitting on Miya and Iffrita is pretty much how he could be scum with Iffrita. (He can still be scum with Miya as well).

Post 570: This is bad for stalling the vig. In fact, posts stalling the vig in general are slightly scummier now that we know the votecount is reset on a vigging. But the reason is especially interesting. The newfound obsession with Xix to the exclusion of the lynches that are actually going to happen is bad. It allows him to easily avoid giving an opinion on any more developments in MiyaxIffrita.

There are a lot of words and I honestly wanted to avoid PBPA, but the basics of it are that Orwen, outside of Mala (who he never had that strong a case on), has been fencesitting on just about everyone he has ever mentioned. Now that he's committed to Xix, he's done it at a time where it's completely unlikely to happen. I'm actually kind of wondering if XIX is his buddy, not Yuan. Basically, Orwen has looked pretty but the meat of his posts is very lacking.

Skull

• Skull
« Reply #625 on: July 18, 2011, 02:16:50 AM »
Umm, I already told (?) you that I am somewhat of a tracker and that is indeed what I did last night.  That much for sure that you can all know but I would like to hold off on the rest~

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #626 on: July 18, 2011, 02:17:16 AM »
ALSO! If Miya somehow ends up being town of all things, then Depore looks a lot worse. Only lightly touching the issue without getting their hands too dirty is how I imagine scum would react to a town/town claim conflict.

Cut twice but I wanna get this out before I get shot.

Den-O

• Plat Form
« Reply #627 on: July 18, 2011, 02:17:45 AM »
Also, Iffrita, Orwen has been doing the same thing. Why not mention him?

@Iffrita: Orwen also looks significantly more awful, not that he needs help with that.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #628 on: July 18, 2011, 02:19:49 AM »
I kind of forgot about Orwen. He hasn't had much of a presence today.

I think Depore's D1 was worse, but if something crazy happens like Miya flipping town, then I think all the people who looked like they were trying to avoid the conflict should be put under heavy scrutiny. This goes for Xix as well.

Kick Hopper

• Kick Hopper
« Reply #629 on: July 18, 2011, 02:20:22 AM »
Also, I haven't read your case yet. I'm in a rush to post these things because I would rather not get cut by my death.