Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 118868 times)

Shadoweh

• I will ahn~ vote count for you
  • The STRONGEST Day Effect
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day One
« Reply #90 on: March 20, 2011, 02:50:23 AM »
Kilga: Actually, the way you put it right there makes perfect sense. Agree with the no noise policy.

I really want to vote PX for his idiot newbie bandwagon but I think he can't help but look like scum. You should get that checked. In general to everyone, last game was awesome but it isn't the only game in existence and is not the be all and end all of mafia situations. I think I'll make that a real vote for now and evaluate later.

##Unvote
##Vote PX

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #91 on: March 20, 2011, 02:52:09 AM »

A sarcastic confession. You know, this looks like a scum tactic.

Well, are you scum, NeoSerela?
...okay I'm writing off capt. h as a big newbie right now. And as such, this makes him the classic EASY SCUM TARGET. Agreeing wholeheartedly with that huhwhat is saying, as it's what I would be saying if huhwhat hadn't.

Dear god there's a lot of posting going on.

ninja by Conq. I understand what you are saying, as it is early d1 and I see why a vote on capt. h can be considered as good as the other likely choices (Me/Bard/Huhwhat, from what I've seen). However, I also still think that capt.h is an easy scum target and the least beneficial for town to be voting at the moment due to simply being nibby. And as such, making my SRSVOTE now.

##Unvote ##Vote:Conqueror
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Conqueror

• Here I am, dirty and faceless
  • waiting to heed your instruction
« Reply #92 on: March 20, 2011, 02:53:42 AM »
Bard's jump on Serela is worth a vote.

You see, I don't get this at all. Do you really find Bard's vote on NeoSerela that scummy? Of course it's forced - it's the first case. If he continues to pursue it, then I'd be willing to take a second look at it.

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.
Every saint has a past and every sinner a future.

UncertainJakutten

• Then you should get out of the way when I tell you
  • Do you not trust my aim?
« Reply #93 on: March 20, 2011, 02:55:00 AM »
Do not forgot, Serela, that bad players are not exempt from being scum.

@Conquerer: Seeing as my vote is for similar reasons, I find it incredibly interesting Bard turned a blind eye to several other people guilty of the same thing. Generally people that are harder to lynch than Serela, unless Serela has become the towniest town to ever town in the past six months.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #94 on: March 20, 2011, 02:57:14 AM »
VOTECOUNT  -  New Page Edition

Bardiche (2)  -  UncertainKitten, huh what, NeoSerela
NeoSerela (2)  -  Bardiche, Kilgamayan
huh what (2)  -  Affinity, Hanged Hourai, NeoSerela
Conquerer (1)  -  NeoSerela
PX (1)  -  Shadoweh
capt. h (1)  -  Conquerer, Hanged Hourai
Dormio (1)  -  PX, Kilgamayan, huh what
Kilgamayan (0)  -  Shadoweh, Conquerer
Schezo (0)  -  capt. h
Zakeri (0)  -  Shadoweh

Not Voting:  capt. h, Colt, Dormio, Kitten4u, Schezo, Zakeri

With 16 votes in play, 9 are required to lynch.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

« Reply #95 on: March 20, 2011, 02:58:06 AM »
I personally did not read Bardiche's vote as an attempt to end the RVS. :s It seemed serious to me.

As of now, my opinion of Bard is generally pending on how his opinions has changed since his Serela vote. I think I may have interpreted him incorrectly. More than willing to switch to Conqueror or PX if this turns out to be the case, but for now I'm content staying on Bard.

Shadoweh

« Reply #96 on: March 20, 2011, 02:58:27 AM »
UK: Of course he's not me.

Okay, for everyone clearing Bard for destroying the RVS. He posted something intended to stir the game up and then left us to argue amongst ourselves. I don't think it's a scumtell but it's not exactly 100% clear material.

Kitten4u: "I'll say it plainly: THERE IS NO WAY SHADOWEH IS SCUM!" - A Balanced Game of Mafia

« Reply #97 on: March 20, 2011, 02:59:31 AM »
Nobody is voting Bard for ending the RVS, or even for trying to end it. Why is everybody assuming this is the case?

Conqueror

« Reply #98 on: March 20, 2011, 03:00:53 AM »
@UK: I don't know about the lynchability of players so I can't comment on that. But people can only vote for one player at a time, and Neo just happened to be the last poster in that long chain of blah posts, so eh.

Oh, and I'm not clearing Bard.  Anyway, I'm more interested in what Bard has to say on what's happened since then. We can guess mindlessly at the intention of his first post if you wish.

@huh what: Let me get this straight, so I can be sure where you're coming from. So you're voting him for picking out NeoSerela out of a number of other candidates?

On tue un homme, on est un assassin. On tue des millions d'hommes, on est un conqu?rant. On les tue tous, on est un dieu.

« Reply #99 on: March 20, 2011, 03:03:09 AM »
No, I'm voting him because his vote on NeoSerela is founded around actions of Serela's that aren't really scummy at all. It's a forced, bad case and it reeks of scum intent.

« Reply #100 on: March 20, 2011, 03:05:02 AM »
And as I've been saying, if it really -was- intended to push of out of the RVS, then I can understand it a bit more, I suppose. I have so far been operating under the impression that his vote was entirely serious and that he currently wants Serela lynched.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #101 on: March 20, 2011, 03:07:19 AM »
Shadoweh: o ok! Sorry for the misunderstanding, I am still often of the mindset where I assume that my intent is always super-obvious even though it is, well, not always. :C

I was actually going to give Conqueror a bit of a pass because I thought he had actually tried to put some effort into his vote with the "hey where did 1/4 come from" but then I looked back and saw that he acknowledged capt h.'s explanation with "oh, that makes sense" and yet his vote is still there. He "doesn't really see anything worth voting for" and thinks his vote on capt. h is "as good here as anywhere" but if he accepts the explanation capt h. provided then that defeats the only support his vote had, and he has yet to point at anything else capt. h has done as being something he thinks is scummy. So...there's no apparent reason for the vote that he still clings to! Good enough for me to switch.

##Unvote
##Vote: Conqueror

Also just FEI Bard left because he's Euro and thus in bed.

Speaking of! See you all in eight.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #102 on: March 20, 2011, 03:13:49 AM »
@Shadoweh: Huh? Sense. You're not making it.

Kilga's case is interesting, still want Bard reaction

@Conquerer: Well, Shadoweh and I, as far as I know, are fairly tough against lynches. I KNOW I am, and that ability hasn't disappeared in the past six months, at least not on MS. NeoSerela was a kind of slightly below average player last I played, and a decent scapegoat for scum (though rather decent at BEING scum). So, if I were scum trying to see where I could go with this "too much noise" case, I'd pick Serela out of us three.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #103 on: March 20, 2011, 03:19:35 AM »
Done eating, and I see another page of posts. God dammit Chaore, I feel like this game is going to be a huge headache.

capt. h - So your Schezo vote is not a joke vote?

Lets be clear - I was not joke voting.

I don't think we're going to be able to get scum this early without the scum messing up somehow. So I voted Schezo because he is the most anti-town player in this game. We have a 1/4 chance of him being scum (like everyone else), but if he's town, we still get rid of our biggest liability.

So you're just using meta and personal bias as reasoning to vote someone on D1, and call it a serious vote?

In other words, I'm voting for schezo because he scares me.

I plan on spending the first day listening to what everyone has to say. But I know first day votes rarely end in scum lynches, unless the scum does something very stupid. And I find Schezo scary.

And frankly, I don't have any reason to seriously vote fo anyone yet, because half the players haven't even replied. For all we know, none of the scum have even posted yet, and townies are just voting townies to the gallow.

So.... Then you're saying the Schezo vote WAS NOT SERIOUS? Not to mention all this Bardiche and co. stuff was going on at the same time.

Looking through the rest of your posts, absolutely no effort in trying to help town. He is essentially the most anti-town so far, even more so than the people who haven't posted yet.

I'll get on to other people, the way the game wen so far it seems that you have to post fast or get ninja'd.

Conqueror

« Reply #104 on: March 20, 2011, 03:20:09 AM »
@huh what: Alright, well I took the second interpretation.

@Kilga: Well, I haven't seen anything from anyone else yet that has made me want to switch from capt. h. Has he provided any real opinions on any of the cases on the table yet? I can tell he's trying, but he really hasn't done that yet. While I don't find it particularly scummy (the day's only just started, he's a new player, etc.) at this point none of the other players seem scummy to me either. Hence, my vote.

Shadoweh

« Reply #105 on: March 20, 2011, 03:22:33 AM »
UK: Nevermind, it won't make sense if you didn't read the last game.

Kilga: You haven't played in awhile and never with me.. or alot of people here. I'd suggest, what did you call it, condescending mode?

Conqueror: Are you going to come back to what you think on Bard later?  :V

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #106 on: March 20, 2011, 03:26:00 AM »
I did not. After the first  game I read when I was unlynched I kinda got the impression MotK mafia had become trainwreck mafia even more so than prior to my lynching. Though I suppose I get to test that first hand now.

Hmm, let me state that I can see potential scum intent in both Conquerer and capt. h. I plan on giving them more time to hang themselves or fix it. The cases should be forthcoming this game day though, so feel free to remind me of this later.

Conqueror

« Reply #107 on: March 20, 2011, 03:27:15 AM »
Conqueror: Are you going to come back to what you think on Bard later?  :V

Of course. :V But really, once he wakes up and makes another post, yes.

@UK: Oh you. I'll be able to make more substantial posts tomorrow once the rest of town has woken up and checked in.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #108 on: March 20, 2011, 03:28:11 AM »
Well, the big thing is it's tricky right now, and if I go for it now, it might screw up future results, and there are still non scum intent possibilities. Enough so I'm not confident opening the box yet, so to speak.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #109 on: March 20, 2011, 03:32:40 AM »
@huh what: Alright, well I took the second interpretation.

@Kilga: Well, I haven't seen anything from anyone else yet that has made me want to switch from capt. h. Has he provided any real opinions on any of the cases on the table yet? I can tell he's trying, but he really hasn't done that yet. While I don't find it particularly scummy (the day's only just started, he's a new player, etc.) at this point none of the other players seem scummy to me either. Hence, my vote.

Truth be told, you're right. I haven't formed many opinions yet. I'm still waiting on the last four players, who don't quite bother me yet with their absence.

And honestly, until Shadoweh told me that Schezo was easy to see through, I was serious. I figure if Shadoweh is right, then I'll be able to see right through him later. That's why I removed my vote.

My case on NeoSerela is that I don't really trust people who make sarcastic confessions. In fact, I don't trust them at all. And after 24 hours, I may well vote for him. But I don't think I have enough of a case on NeoSerela for a vote on him. Although I think it's rare for anyone to have enough of a case on day 1 for a vote, so I might as well vote anyway.

Now Conqueror, you don't seem to have any strong opinions. On anybody. You have a case in defense of Bardiche, and a case against me.

Now why are you backing Bard?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #110 on: March 20, 2011, 03:34:24 AM »
That is about the most amazingly contradictory post ever, capt. h.

And if not contradictory, at the least waffly. You basically spend a paragraph saying "Well, I have a case on Serela and I'm not voting because it's not good enough, but then again it's D1 and you usually don't have good D1 cases, so maybe I should vote Serela, but I'm not actually going to because talking about it will make people think I'm being a ProActive Townie (tm)"

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #111 on: March 20, 2011, 03:39:17 AM »
That is about the most amazingly contradictory post ever, capt. h.

And if not contradictory, at the least waffly. You basically spend a paragraph saying "Well, I have a case on Serela and I'm not voting because it's not good enough, but then again it's D1 and you usually don't have good D1 cases, so maybe I should vote Serela, but I'm not actually going to because talking about it will make people think I'm being a ProActive Townie (tm)"

My case against NeoSerela is weaker than my case against the non-participants at this point, and I'm assuming not all of the people who have yet to post are scum.

Frankly, the lurking looks more scummy to me than anything anyone has done so far. In 24 hours, I'll know who's posted.

Shadoweh

« Reply #112 on: March 20, 2011, 03:44:55 AM »
UK: I'm biased, but I think it was a game worth reading.
capt.h does seem to be making the textbook Worst Newbie Posts Ever. What about it sounds less like newbtown and more like newbscum though?

capt.h: I'm flattered but keep in mind I could be wrong. Do you know what alignment I am?

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #113 on: March 20, 2011, 03:45:52 AM »
OK? So, why did you need to tell us that you weren't voting Serela because it's a weak case, but it's D1 so maybe you should vote him after all? What purpose did that serve?

@Shadoweh: Jury is still out on whether it's newbtown or newbscum. I'm feeling a lot of "Shit, gotta look town!" from him, which townies, particularly newb townies, tend to be less concerned about.

Conqueror

« Reply #114 on: March 20, 2011, 03:47:21 AM »
Now Conqueror, you don't seem to have any strong opinions. On anybody. You have a case in defense of Bardiche, and a case against me.
My opinion is that the other cases are silly imo. My case is not a defense of Bard, it is a questioning of why other people are voting Bard for what I think are silly reasons to see if there are reasons there for voting that aren't as silly.

The rest of your post doesn't make any sense.

Oh and clarification on my #104. When I don't see anyone scummy to vote, I vote for the most anti-town player. Right now that looks to me like capt. h or PX.

@Shadoweh - I haven't been playing long enough to distinguish the difference between newbtown and newbscum.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #115 on: March 20, 2011, 03:48:59 AM »
@Conquerer: That's not the best habit. It screws up VCA, and if you're town can make you look worse than you are. I think there's enough to work with right now to at least have a minor scum suspicion.

« Reply #116 on: March 20, 2011, 03:51:49 AM »
... Oh. On a re-read, I realized that when Bardiche said "Jokevote phase is over.", he meant that he was intending to end it, not that he was telling Serela that it already was. I guess most of my case against him is null if his vote's intention really was just to pull us out of the RVS. I would still like to see something better from him, though.

##Unvote Bardiche
##Vote Conqueror
Out of Conqueror and PX, I think Conqueror is the worse of the two players so far. I've already stated my reasons for initially suspecting him (drive-by posting, awkward tunneling on capt. h whose actions are not scummy derp so much as newbie derp), but there are some other things that stick out to me too. Most notably, his lacking pressure of PX followed by a meta-backpedal here comes off as awkward fencesitting. He's batting at PX but not actually making a concrete stance, which looks especially odd when you consider how their opinions seem to line up. Even after being pressed, he still hasn't come up with a better case beyond rampant tunneling of capt. h, and his declaration of all the other current conflicts as silly seems rather odd when you consider that he himself is following a particularly weak case. He even admitted that he doesn't find capt. h that scummy in this post, and I can't say I understand what makes capt. h look worse than the other players who have been voted up to this point. Conqueror's current vote is essentially filler to make up for his lack of opinions in any other areas, and I can't say I like the way this looks.

There's still time to for me switch to PX, though, but I would like to see him continue his thoughts from his earlier posts before considering doing so.

Quote from: UK
@Shadoweh: Jury is still out on whether it's newbtown or newbscum. I'm feeling a lot of "Shit, gotta look town!" from him, which townies, particularly newb townies, tend to be less concerned about.
I don't particularly agree with this, considering that I have that mentality as town a lot of the time. :s Townies want to look townie so they don't get lynched, and I don't think newbtown are excluded from this.

Conqueror

« Reply #117 on: March 20, 2011, 03:52:30 AM »
I wouldn't have voted him in the first place if I hadn't had a minor scum suspicion (in my initial vote). But these latest posts just feel like newb flailing, and I've been there as both town and scum.

Anyway, sleep. I'll be able to make a more refined vote tomorrow.

« Reply #118 on: March 20, 2011, 03:53:51 AM »
But these latest posts just feel like newb flailing, and I've been there as both town and scum.
So if it's a null tell, why are you still voting him?

This is exactly why I think your vote comes off as filler. You're not really voting somebody for being scum at all.

UncertainJakutten

« Reply #119 on: March 20, 2011, 03:56:17 AM »
@HW: There are ways that you can try to look town that are not faked. I suppose I should clarify that capt. h. is giving the impression he's faking it. "trying too hard", so to speak, while not actually having the town's goals in mind. It's one thing to do something knowing it'll make you look town because it advances the town goals. I'd argue that it's NOT a good thing to avoid doing something perceived as "scummy" when it could advance the town's goals, but that's a theory debate. It is definitely not a townie thought process to think "Does this make me look town?" as opposed to "How will this help the town?" Either way, haven't decided what capt. h. is thinking yet, just what it looks like.