Author Topic: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - GAME OVER  (Read 119707 times)

capt. h

• Only sane townie
Re: Zombie Apocalypse Mafia - Day Three LyLo!
« Reply #1050 on: March 30, 2011, 01:36:04 AM »
Unless the zombies can skip their nightkill.
Considering how we've had bodyguards etc. and my ability can stop nightkills from being performed if done right, I don't think that this is unfeasible.
Naturally this is all setup speculation, which is pretty much the only activity you've been doing all game.
Also, how does your plan clear both of them?
If we don't lynch a zombie, and only one of the zombies gets the receiver, a nightkill could still occur but according to your logic the other zombie would get a full clear.

Warning - Your post is now DIAMONDS. I'm on a horse.

We kill a zombie first.

The messages won't get sent until all night actions are submitted, so as long as you don't tell anyone the recipient of your radio in advance, zombies won't be able to kill your target. If your target dies, it would be suspicious, but the other receiver would confirm at least one townie.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1051 on: March 30, 2011, 01:38:31 AM »
I simply want to make sure that people agree with my plan first.

And if they don't, I shall drill it into their heads why it's better then whatever they're thinking, LOGICPOWERDOMIN-err

Besides, my plans simply work out better if we lynch you first, capt.h. Unless the scumteam is you/huhwhat and not edible/zak, and Bard just goes ahead and kills the other during the night against my wishes, in which case I guess it doesn't matter.

Other then to save us N4 if things go wrong and we haven't won at/by D4 lynch (FAILSAFES ARE GOOD THINGS K), I'd like to avoid Bard nking tonight simply to help ensure we don't see whatever this "power overuse" thing is. I'm a sucker for good endings, and I don't want him to become a zombie or something because he went a little overboard eating peoples brains at night >:

Besides, taking an extra day juuuust to be sure won't hurt! My N3 plan in the case of capt.h flipping scum should prevent a nightkill (unless Huhwhat goes out and directly incriminates himself), and will stop us from killing huhwhat if he turns out to actually be town. While capt.h is the only good choice to be huhwhat's scumbuddy, it's not INCONCIEVABLE that someone else would be capt.h's partner. Playing it safe is best.
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1052 on: March 30, 2011, 01:42:44 AM »
Another thing. WHY DO YOU ASSUME THAT SCUM CANNOT NIGHT KILL AND DO SOMETHING AT THE SAME TIME? BECAUSE CLEARLY HOURAI HAD AN ABILITY.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1053 on: March 30, 2011, 01:46:26 AM »
I suppose this is at least worth asking, even if we get a "NOPE CAN'T TELL YOU."

Serp:Are people allowed to use multiple night actions in one night, when they have multiple actions avaliable to them?
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

Dormio Ergo Sum

• MotK's Official Idlebot
  • I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1054 on: March 30, 2011, 01:50:35 AM »
Can we have a votecount, too?

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1055 on: March 30, 2011, 01:51:47 AM »
Generally though, what I see in games is that scum have to choose between nightkilling OR using their special ability.

And yeah, votecount would be koolbeenz.

Serp

• It's all about overwhelming force and irresistible style
  • And in a pinch, style can slide
« Reply #1056 on: March 30, 2011, 01:55:29 AM »
Nope, can't give a general answer for that.  Can give a votecount, though.

VOTECOUNT  -  Fifth Amendment Edition

huh what (2):  PX, Dormio
capt. h (1):  NeoSerela

Not voting:  Bardiche, capt. h, huh what, Edible, Zakeri

With 8 votes in play, 5 are required to lynch.  96 hours remaining.
[15:13] <Sana> >:<

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1057 on: March 30, 2011, 01:59:14 AM »
Since I don't think I'll be alive soon, I should tell you that considering this game, Zak's role is too bland. There isn't anything technical about it - he probably robbed it from the wiki. Considering how experimental all the roles are, and that our cop already died, I think his claim is a lie. Combined with the fact that he wasn't modkilled probably means that we really had the last zombie trapped in the list, and he was allowed to play to keep the game going. This especially works if Bard wins with town - Huh what was our next target. He's my second scum pick.

If I'm killed tonight, you'll be coming under the line of fire Neo. You're the last ambiguous result from Edible's test that wasn't Edible himself. Also be careful of PX - He's going to be a liability. Tends to be a bit too rash.

I think Dormio could be either town or scum.

Edible may not be trustworthy, but his positive result was in fact a positive.

There's a slight chance that Bard is scum. He had a week to come up with his role. I don't really believe he told the truth about his win condition, but it would explain why he wants us to kill both scum tonight. That won't be possible, but you should be able to get at least one scum.

I want to be very, very clear.

I will flip town. Kill Zak first. Find out his ability before going after Edible. I think that there's a false negative somewhere.

I actually find Huh what to be the safer lynch. At least one player is a zombie of Bard and Huh what, and the mod didn't confirm anything about Bard. He went after Kilga on the assumption that scum were bussing Hourai  :V. For all his intelligence, I would expect him to accept differing version of events more easily if he were town and be less "certain" in a game of mafia. And in spite of his last active time being five minutes ago, he hasn't said a word to defend me. If he was scum and thought I was scum, I doubt he would bus me knowing he would die five minutes after the votecount.

I love last active times.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1058 on: March 30, 2011, 02:10:24 AM »
Bard killing Zak if you flip town is a totally desirable chain of events. It's covered in my plan, after all :3

I would like to thank you for trying to be so helpful, if you do indeed flip town!

The waffle side of me is almost being swayed over to wanting to lynch huhwhat instead of capt.h, but I know that I should be resisting this thought! I had a perfectly logical thought process as to why I decided to plan kills in this order. Huhwhat is almost certainly not scum if capt.h isn't. I can't remember why at the moment, but I'm sure it's in my previous posts. There simply was not any other suitable scumbuddies. Huhwhat, if town, has useful abilities as well.

As for Edible's lists, assuming they are true and that Bard is a postive, then they provide absolutely no info as to whether huhwhat is town or scum. Schezo and Bard cover the "at least 2 zombies" in the test with huhwhat.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #1059 on: March 30, 2011, 02:12:17 AM »
Also, if Bard is a serial killer, then as long as things go well, we should be able to simply lynch him after 2 scum die. If 2 die and the game isn't over, then Bard will be the probable suspect, after all.

...if he's scum, well, that sort of flips things upside down, but we can deal with this tomorrow when more info has been obtained.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1060 on: March 30, 2011, 02:19:30 AM »
So... you're saying everybody is scum?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1061 on: March 30, 2011, 02:32:09 AM »
You do understand that both scum and Bard win if we lynch town he misses scum, right?

There are 2 scum, 1 Bard, 5 town.

We lynch 1 town, Bard kills 1 town,

2 scum, 1 bard, 3 town, automatic Bard and scum win.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1062 on: March 30, 2011, 02:33:46 AM »
... What? I'm quite sure that the standard win con for scum is if
Scum number => Everyone else

So... Wait....
Bard ends up turning into a zombie?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1063 on: March 30, 2011, 02:33:59 AM »
Not to mention you forget the scum NK in general

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1064 on: March 30, 2011, 02:35:23 AM »
... What? I'm quite sure that the standard win con for scum is if
Scum number => Everyone else

So... Wait....
Bard ends up turning into a zombie?

All Bard has to do if we miss is vote with the zombies; the zombies simply don't kill him, and their team wins. This is exactly why we're in LyLo.

« Reply #1065 on: March 30, 2011, 02:46:03 AM »
I'm kind of against the plan of Bard NKing me, but okay, whatever.

I'd rather go after Huh what tonight to be honest. I know we have Dormio on our side, but the thing between HW and Capt.H is that we know H doesn't have any role powers, while HW does. Capt.H specifically wanted me to cop him with the promise that he would be a"Vanilla townie." I'm sure anyone astute enough on my posting would know that I can't get alignments with my role, which means that he's definitely roleless.

This is biased, coming from my results, but if we lynch Capt, or HW, and we end up getting a townie, we should have Dormio on Edible. HW was right when he said the only thing I know for certain is that Edible has a role.

On that note, we should probably get the idea of making scumpairs out of our minds. I know with Edible's list that it probably seems like the remaining scum pair is a complete no-brainer, but this game is nothing if we devolve to not using our brains.

« Reply #1066 on: March 30, 2011, 02:49:26 AM »
I feel so sluggish today.

Bardiche wanting to target another townie if we lynch town didn't really occur to me. I'd really like to know more about Bardiche's role now. There are still a few things that are vague about his kill.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1067 on: March 30, 2011, 02:54:11 AM »
We must hit a scum or third party target with our lynch. If we hit town, we will lose, because Bard isn't going to sacrifice his win condition for us. We know with certainty that Bard is third party, and that we live until tomorrow if he's lynched. The mere fact that you're discussing who to NK if I'm not scum means you don't have the certainty you need to attempt this plan - if you miss scum, there is no NK. There is no having Bard kill Zak - all he has to do is nothing and let the scum pick the targets and he fulfills his win condition.

But if you kill Bard tonight, you can make Huh what give away his radio in the way I suggested, have Zak check his flavor, and place Dormio's ability on me. If there's a NK that night, neither of us will have been the ones to attempt it. Since you seem certain that if I'm scum me and Huh What are a scum team, then placing us both under house arrest should secure the night from NK. but if your wrong, instead of losing we go back to LyLo. Or if scum don't attempt a NK, we actually end up out of Lylo, with seven players and 2 scum. This is much safer than needing to be absolutely sure that our lynch is scum, and verifies the scum team theory.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1068 on: March 30, 2011, 02:56:04 AM »
Actually, reading through Bard's claim, and the fact that it's pseudo-mylo, I think Bard becoming a zombie is a reality, hence the "Overusing the ability" part. I think he should hold off on the kill tonight. That said, I agree that if whoever we lynch (huh what and capt. h) flip town, Edible becomes the roleblocked target. Also, Dormio can you roleblock at night or only during the day?

Ehh, clarification: Can you change your roleblock target at night?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1069 on: March 30, 2011, 02:57:49 AM »
*facepalm* If there are two scum, and you're scum, and you're blocked, then the other scum can simply do the kill. Now die scum!

##Unvote
##Vote: Capt. H

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1070 on: March 30, 2011, 03:02:54 AM »
*facepalm* If there are two scum, and you're scum, and you're blocked, then the other scum can simply do the kill. Now die scum!

##Unvote
##Vote: Capt. H

PX - The assumption is that I'm on a scum team with Huh what. The plan involves forcing Huh What to spend his night action in a way that can be verified, or get lynched. If Huh What doesn't pass his radio, he will be scum, because he committed the night kill. Naturally, he won't be allowed to pass the radio to me, but anyone else would be acceptable as long as they're town enough.

In other words, with my plan, we can prove whether me or Huh What are on a scum team or not. What we're doing now is hoping to hit scum, and relying on the mercy of a third party if we miss. Mercy that goes against the win condition of the third party.

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1071 on: March 30, 2011, 03:05:21 AM »
On second thought, Neo should select the recipient of Huh what's radio using her radio. That way, Huh what won't be able to fake passing it, since the target will not have been selected by him.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #1072 on: March 30, 2011, 03:36:07 AM »
What makes you so sure that scum can't kill and do night activities?

capt. h

• Only sane townie
« Reply #1073 on: March 30, 2011, 03:47:22 AM »
What makes you so sure that scum can't kill and do night activities?

Last game, the kill was the night action. You can only submit one actions per night. See, in the last game Huh What modded he used the night actions of the miller role as a potential alibi for when there was only one scum left; it wasn't used in game, but the potential to do it was referenced after the game was over. I'm mostly just assuming it, because it was true in the last game I watched.

In addition, when I got the radio, I was told that passing it would get rid of my night action.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1074 on: March 30, 2011, 04:04:10 AM »
Ehh, clarification: Can you change your roleblock target at night?
No, I actually go to sleep during the night.
Unlike the rest of you suicidal insomniacs.

capt. h: Now your setup speculation is spreading into the metagame?

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1075 on: March 30, 2011, 08:42:26 AM »
Somewhat crushing silence, I may as well voice out my thoughts in the downtime.
The fact that I have assignments to do that are due tomorrow and the day after is completely unrelated to this.
Definitely.

Anyway.
Currently think that huh what and capt. h are the zombies.
I believe Bardiche's third party claim, after all it's what I thought he was before he claimed it.
Provided Bardiche plays along with us, that turns him in vanilla town (if I keep him full of drugs) or into town with a nightvig.

capt. h has been doing pretty much no scumhunting the entire game, instead basing all his arguments around the game setup.
And meta.
And then some more meta.

Hourai just writes capt. h off as DERRRRRRP and never mentions him again.

capt. h was mentioned by Schezo when Schezo called him out for rolefishing.
That's about it.
Schezo really didn't do much. :/

huh what.
huh, what?

Hourai, traitor or not, briefly mentioned huh what, attacking him but never placed a vote on him, nor did Hourai follow through at all with this attack.
Hourai made his attack on huh what to be an OMGUS as well.
huh what, I consider my thing on him to be legit. And he was twisting my actions in an unneeded scummy light.
Also, Bardiche/Kilgamayan's arguments about huh what.

Schezo emphasized his links to people when he died.
Naturally, he's attacked huh what.
But his attack was really, really weak.
huh what looks a little strange for pushing Bard so much but I don't think he's that bad when he's run around with ideas and seems to be trying.

I want to see these two die by the next morning, if I let Bardiche shoot, regardless of whether or not the lynchee flips town or zombie.

If it turns out neither of them are zombies then... welp.

But if one is a zombie, and the other wasn't, I assume that either Edible or I will be the nightkill.
Because it seems we both have pretty ludicrous abilties.

Also, on the topic of my block, I'm not entirely comfortable with moving it off Bardiche.

Eeeeh, I think I've distracted myself from assignments long enough.
I should really get back to working on it.
Statistics with skulls, what fun~

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1076 on: March 30, 2011, 08:44:44 AM »
Oh, and also, if it turns out that huh what or capt. h isn't a zombie, my suspicions fall onto Edible, Zakeri or NeoSerela in that order.
Edible because lolpower.
Zakeri because lollurking.
NeoSerela because reasons I can't remember right now and can't be bothered looking for.
Naturally, I'd need to re-read before I get any proper thoughts about them.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1077 on: March 30, 2011, 08:46:45 AM »
Hourai, traitor or not, would know who the zombies were and briefly mentioned huh what, attacking him but never placed a vote on him, nor did Hourai follow through at all with this attack.
Hurr, forgot to add in one part.
Also, I like how I didn't get cut during all these posts.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1078 on: March 30, 2011, 08:52:37 AM »
Oh, and also, if it turns out that huh what or capt. h isn't a zombie, my suspicions fall onto Edible, Zakeri or NeoSerela in that order.
Edible because lolpower.
Zakeri because lollurking.
NeoSerela because reasons I can't remember right now and can't be bothered looking for.
Naturally, I'd need to re-read before I get any proper thoughts about them.
Uh, actually, I think PX is worse than NeoSerela because he's spent the entire game doing pretty much nothing.
Actually maybe he's the worst out of this list.

Dormio Ergo Sum

• I don't bite... much.
« Reply #1079 on: March 30, 2011, 08:59:07 AM »
Also, just a heads up, I won't be around much tomorrow.
Because Thursday.
Classes from 9am~6pm with only one 1 hour break in between.
And I have assignments due Friday that I'll have to work on once I get home.