Author Topic: Kaguya's mystery  (Read 4534 times)

Kaguya's mystery
« on: September 03, 2016, 10:01:47 AM »
I know it maybe a repeat thread, but I just want to ask something...

Canonically, Kaguya have a bunch of stuff that she collected over the millenia. One of which is the flag that human have planted on the moon. The flag missing in SSIB and the fact that she have it may not be related, since there're 6 flag that human have erected on the moon, and they could be two completely different flag.

...But the problem is: These 6 flags have been planted by the Apollo program in the span between 1961 and 1975. If Kaguya always live in hiding in this span of time, then how the hell does she have it when she isn't going out even once? We know that they would be too fearful to goes to the moon, and the last time before the game is centuries ago. The fact that she just suddenly remember that she have it is suspicious too.

...Could this possibly have something to do with her manipulation of instantanious? Since she have no way to know what inside these moment, she could have use this time to collect these thing without ever knowing that she have collect it, and only have the "effect" that she have these thing.

Drake

Re: Kaguya's mystery
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2016, 11:33:02 AM »
It has nothing to do with Kaguya, it's just in her possession out of circumstance. In EaLND Chapter 3, released November 28th 2005, the flag fell from the Moon ~magically~ (which is why it's gone) and Luna found it. In Kaguya's BAiJR article it's reported as a date around December 2nd 2005, so basically a few days later it was taken by someone and brought to Eientei. Considering that Luna's intention was to collect stuff from the Moon and make it like the Moon on Earth, it's likely not a coincidence that Eientei puts on an exhibition in that vein.

Mainly I'm pretty amused that ZUN took such a detail and weaved it through like four years of referencing it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 11:38:28 AM by Drake »

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2016, 01:01:29 PM »
^Holy moly, that's some crack I never notice. My Touhou-fu look like still need training.

Thanks anyway.

Edit: How would you know that somebody take it though?
« Last Edit: September 03, 2016, 04:39:36 PM by Helepolis »

Drake

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2016, 07:55:41 PM »
Well the date is a big part of that since the release date of the manga is fixed (and so the time in-universe basically is too), but Aya's articles are deliberately written as specific dates (in a different calendar, no less). So ZUN just set one date to match the other.

The fact that the fairies don't seem to have it anymore while Eientei does is a pretty clear sign too. But I don't recall it ever outright saying how they got it.

C27

• Byronic Commando
  • Tactical danmaku operator
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 05:22:14 AM »
Do Lunarians have an Ebay equivalent? That could explain it.

« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 09:13:25 AM »
Oh yeah, it still doesn't explain the Apollo spacesuit she also have. Not a spacesuit have been left on the moon, and the Lunarian didn't exactly need a hunk of junk spacesuit like that, and I doubt the earth would forget one that easily.

Drake

« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 11:41:37 PM »
I don't really take the illustration to mean anything tbh

« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2016, 02:45:46 AM »
This would be a major question for me though. Especially since I'm in the Vs battles Wiki that need to cagetorize the character's stat.

Drake

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2016, 03:30:18 AM »
Um, if you're saying that you want to know if Kaguya's ability collected these objects without her knowing somehow, then my real answer to you is that there's no evidence for this at all and you should drop the idea. That's just trying to guess your way into characters having powers that haven't been demonstrated.

If you're basing your premise on the words "suddenly remembering", that's just flavoring on 「いつの間にか」 which could also be translated as "before I knew it", or best perhaps "somewhere along the line". Those lines of dialogue are more about emphasizing that Kaguya has been keeping many of these things untouched by history and is only now bringing them out of that state. Which is probably why they seem so suspicious to Aya in the first place.

« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2016, 03:40:14 AM »
^Yeah, I know that. Just that even a "no" answer would also put some clue into what her power is. I mean you could interprep "collect a mish-mash of instant" to be anything you know, even "be able to affect past and future instant to influences past and future"

game2011

• mineiptXD
    • Supreme ??asual Dating Verified Women
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2016, 04:46:57 AM »
Don't see how manipulating eternity has anything to do with collecting things...

« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2016, 05:09:29 AM »
^That's her other side, basically I theorize that she dive into the world that exist only in short-term, quantum effect and probability to do thing.

Prime32

• Munch-Munch Demon
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2016, 04:40:39 PM »
It has nothing to do with Kaguya, it's just in her possession out of circumstance. In EaLND Chapter 3, released November 28th 2005, the flag fell from the Moon ~magically~ (which is why it's gone) and Luna found it. In Kaguya's BAiJR article it's reported as a date around December 2nd 2005, so basically a few days later it was taken by someone and brought to Eientei. Considering that Luna's intention was to collect stuff from the Moon and make it like the Moon on Earth, it's likely not a coincidence that Eientei puts on an exhibition in that vein.

Mainly I'm pretty amused that ZUN took such a detail and weaved it through like four years of referencing it.
It was also a plot point in Bougetsushou that the Lunarians noticed it was missing and got paranoid.

But then Clownpiece was somehow able to see the flag on the Moon anyway, and ZUN's answers on how this works were vague.

Drake

« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2016, 06:28:58 PM »
It being a thing in Bougetsushou as a whole is why I said he's brought it through four years, yeah. ZUN really didn't need to use a missing flag of all things to create suspicion, but he did anyways because it was there

Sophilia

• Exposition Patchouli
  • Seeker of Truth
« Reply #14 on: September 06, 2016, 05:23:49 PM »
It was also a plot point in Bougetsushou that the Lunarians noticed it was missing and got paranoid.

But then Clownpiece was somehow able to see the flag on the Moon anyway, and ZUN's answers on how this works were vague.

Well, the US did leave more than one flag up there.  If I remember correctly, there's been one flag planted for each mission that landed on the moon.  Clownpiece might have found one of the other ones.
Life and death are without purpose.  Our attempts to give them one are quite presumptuous of us.  But in the end, we exist, and that is enough.

Current status: Dissuading deliberately choking for imagined fame.