Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side  (Read 138852 times)

Re: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side
« Reply #810 on: March 18, 2015, 02:22:30 AM »
I'm wondering if she'll be Balanced/Attacker myself, since Balanced is Medjed's other type and Bastet's art here looks more attackery than devily.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #811 on: March 18, 2015, 02:29:13 AM »
I'm wondering if she'll be Balanced/Attacker myself, since Balanced is Medjed's other type and Bastet's art here looks more attackery than devily.

Is there precedent for awoken gods not having God or Devil? Balanced/Attacker seems unlikely. I'm assuming green/red God/Balanced for Bastet and blue/green God/Physical for Isis. And I guess Red/Blue God/Attacker for Horus. I mean, I'm just basing that on the Norns, but I assume they'll match. I will be very surprised if they don't match.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #813 on: March 18, 2015, 02:37:24 AM »
I didn't realize that even awakenings were borrowed from the monsters they eat. If that's true then Bastet will very likely at least have double TPA, and maybe another skill lock resist? Hopefully no one gets anything from the grimores though cause there's nothing but off color +orbs ewwwwww

Oh Jesus I just noticed Parvati and Lashiki get their old shittier unevo'ed awakenings as the base 4

I swear if Isis' awakenings change back...

I mean seriously RGB+ and half a bind-resist? That just might be the worst set of REM awakenings in the entire game...

yes i still remember when i thought they were good ._.

fuck meeee
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:42:59 AM by Suikama »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #814 on: March 18, 2015, 02:47:13 AM »
http://www.puzzledragonx.com/en/monster.asp?n=1726

Oh yeah, fair enough. I'd still make the assertion that that's different because it's a "race/class" thing rather than "class/class". PAD plays fast and loose with those ideas anyway, but regardless I'll be very surprised if any REM god ever ends up completely without a race, especially an awoken god.

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #815 on: March 18, 2015, 02:50:26 AM »
Oh Jesus I just noticed Parvati and Lashiki get their old shittier unevo'ed awakenings as the base 4

Oh god I didn't notice that.

Oh god are we seriously going back to double resist horus?

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

;_;

fuck me if the egyptians really just get the awakenings added to them from their mats the absolute best case scenario for horus is double skill-bind resist one tpa a skill boost and two fire enhance along with double resist. And that's assuming Horus's evo mats are Thoth and Armadel in which case the best-case scenari for typings is god/devil AKA NOT ATTACKER

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck again
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 02:55:10 AM by Toyosatomimi No Sacchi »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #816 on: March 18, 2015, 02:52:14 AM »
Maybe they'll get way more new awakenings than everyone else to compensate? Hopefully. Old awakenings+buffed awakenings+new awakenings might be okay, depending on what the cap of how many awakenings something is allowed to have it.

« Reply #817 on: March 18, 2015, 02:53:10 AM »
At least resists can actually be useful for saving your life

Oh wow look at my single +green orb adding 6% damage to my 500 green attack FUCKING AMAZING

Also for types, it seems awokens always get one new and keep one old, so I guess some combination of God/Devil and Balanced/Attacker is mostly likely

And I guess God/Balanced or Physical/Devil for Isis...

Hmm maybe their leader skills will be change to be like a hybrid of their originals and the new godfest exclusives. So like Isis and Horus would get a higher multiplier with B/G and R/B matches while maybe Bastet get higher damage if she combos with hearts.
If that's the case then I'm really glad I pulled U&Y and Andromeda :D
Also in that cause her typing wouldn't really matter, as a leader anyways
As a sub she still kind of want healer but oh well I guess
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 03:12:31 AM by Suikama »

MatsuriSakuragi

« Reply #818 on: March 18, 2015, 03:15:50 AM »

to be fair the only disappointing awakening Parvati has even in the base 4 is the green enhance. I know for sure that I will appreciate the poison resist for some dungeons. Her new awakes play off the old ones, adding more TPA power and making her unbindable and that's pretty freaking cool

« Reply #819 on: March 18, 2015, 03:30:52 AM »
Huh on second glance, Bastet's forehead icon is NOT the same as Therugia's. Therugia's is like a crest while Bastet's is like an eye.

So it's still a tossup between Therugia and Armadel

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #820 on: March 18, 2015, 04:18:23 AM »
...Oh hey this coin rotation has insect dragons on it.

If I run green insect dragon what is the difficulty with the best drop-to-stamina ratio? Expert?

'Cause I really wanna skillup my leeza.

« Reply #821 on: March 18, 2015, 04:45:43 AM »
...Oh hey this coin rotation has insect dragons on it.

If I run green insect dragon what is the difficulty with the best drop-to-stamina ratio? Expert?

'Cause I really wanna skillup my leeza.

Legend got me a lot of Cuatons during Pulseneedle. I think it's notably worse the more you go from there.

« Reply #822 on: March 18, 2015, 05:08:16 AM »
So this is my full prediction/hope for Awoken Isis:

Awoken Isis <3
Water/Wood
Physical/Devil or Balance/God
Awakenings: Blue+, Blue+(or something random because gungho always adds at least one useless awakening), Bind-resist, Bind-Resist, Time+, Skill lock-resist, SB, SB
Active:
Clear 2 turns of bind and spawn a few random water orbs. 3 turn CD
LS: 3x ATK when matching 2Water/Wood or Water/2Wood, x6 for matching Water/Water/Wood/Wood

Materials: Awoken Sopdet, Ars Paulina/Armadel, Blue Jewel, Green Jewel, something else

Key subs: U&Y, Skuld, Starling/Reine, Andromeda

Reasons:
B/G is obvious with G/R Bastet
Typings depend on her evo food. Actually if she gets this leader skill then who cares what her typing is :V

No TPAs because her base attack sucks anyways. Instead you give utility to make the above team amazing.
8 skill boosts means all actives are up turn 1 except Skuld which takes 1 turn.
Time+ because it's been long overdue and you need a bit more time to make those combos.
Skill-lock resist so that you have 100% skill lock resistance with Andromeda + Skuld
You also have a shitton of blue +orbs for free damage

Active gets rid of the heal for random orb spawn and keeps the low turn CD. Maybe 1.5x or so water attack would work too. Keep the 2 turn bind heal part of course.
LS is just a Water/Wood version of Zuo, which would be amazing since it synergizes with the current B/G subs

So yeah if gungho makes her something like this I would be 100% satisfied

Bastet and Horus I guess would be similarish?

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #823 on: March 18, 2015, 05:24:51 AM »
So this is my full prediction/hope for Awoken Isis:

Awoken Isis <3
Water/Wood
Physical/Devil or Balance/God
Awakenings: Blue+, Blue+(or something random because gungho always adds at least one useless awakening), Bind-resist, Bind-Resist, Time+, Skill lock-resist, SB, SB
Active:
Clear 2 turns of bind and spawn a few random water orbs. 3 turn CD
LS: 3x ATK when matching 2Water/Wood or Water/2Wood, x6 for matching Water/Water/Wood/Wood

Materials: Awoken Sopdet, Ars Paulina/Armadel, Blue Jewel, Green Jewel, something else

Key subs: U&Y, Skuld, Starling/Reine, Andromeda

Reasons:
B/G is obvious with G/R Bastet
Typings depend on her evo food. Actually if she gets this leader skill then who cares what her typing is :V

No TPAs because her base attack sucks anyways. Instead you give utility to make the above team amazing.
8 skill boosts means all actives are up turn 1 except Skuld which takes 1 turn.
Time+ because it's been long overdue and you need a bit more time to make those combos.
Skill-lock resist so that you have 100% skill lock resistance with Andromeda + Skuld
You also have a shitton of blue +orbs for free damage

Active gets rid of the heal for random orb spawn and keeps the low turn CD. Maybe 1.5x or so water attack would work too. Keep the 2 turn bind heal part of course.
LS is just a Water/Wood version of Zuo, which would be amazing since it synergizes with the current B/G subs

So yeah if gungho makes her something like this I would be 100% satisfied

Bastet and Horus I guess would be similarish?

Would people like that? I mean, recalling the fuss they made over G/D Bastet, I would think you'd see some semblance of her old leader skill on there. Maybe it'd be like her old leader skill, plus a bonus if you matched water combos.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:38:14 AM by hyorinryu »

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #824 on: March 18, 2015, 05:50:39 AM »
Hmm

Then I guess something like 3x for 3 atts, 2x for two water matches would effectively be the same strength but more Isis rainbow themed, although that does make picking subs trickier. Bodin reine u&y and uh not much for BR cept orochi

Especially if Horus gets something similar

So Bastet could be 3x for 5 combo 2x for wood wood
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 05:55:45 AM by Suikama »

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #825 on: March 18, 2015, 06:19:06 AM »
FUCK YES THEY WENT BACK TO G/L's DESIGN AS BASE FOR BASTET

This pic is <3

G/R omg

Worse come to worse she can be paired with verdandi frd so this gonna be gud
Hoping for double tpa but she'll keep her pre-G/D row so we'll have to see.

But I'm so glad the pic did not fall in quality even though they're rushing uevos out because this may possibly be bastet's last evo for a long long time.

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #826 on: March 18, 2015, 07:39:26 AM »
Worse come to worse she can be paired with verdandi frd so this gonna be gud
Hoping for double tpa but she'll keep her pre-G/D row so we'll have to see.

did not consider using bastetxverdandi

that could be interesting if it allows verdandi to get a better multiplier tbh

nah she'll be a bad verdandi sub :hype:

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #827 on: March 18, 2015, 01:06:01 PM »
I've been experiencing some framerate problems in PAD since upgrading my phone. Seemingly nothing that matters for gameplay, just stuttering in animations, but it's kind of annoying. I went from a Samsung Galaxy SII to a Samsung Galaxy SIII. The old phone never had any display problems with PAD and the new one should have even fewer, which makes me think this is a software thing. I looked through the options and couldn't find any graphics settings, but is there a setting I have to flip somewhere? Or am I missing an update or something? Does anyone know what causes this?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #828 on: March 18, 2015, 01:09:16 PM »
Galaxy SIII is pretty notorious for bloatware.  I'd go through your phone and find any apps or processes that are running that might cause lag and uninstall/kill them, especially if you don't think you'll ever use them.

triangles

• gotta stock up on dark matter
  • each pound of which weighs over 10,000 pounds
« Reply #829 on: March 18, 2015, 01:47:22 PM »
Though if it's like the S4 there's a good chunk of really dumb things that you simply CAN'T uninstall short of starting from scratch with a custom rom, which is the route I went down  :ohdear:

« Reply #830 on: March 18, 2015, 04:21:54 PM »
I've been experiencing some framerate problems in PAD since upgrading my phone. Seemingly nothing that matters for gameplay, just stuttering in animations, but it's kind of annoying. I went from a Samsung Galaxy SII to a Samsung Galaxy SIII. The old phone never had any display problems with PAD and the new one should have even fewer, which makes me think this is a software thing. I looked through the options and couldn't find any graphics settings, but is there a setting I have to flip somewhere? Or am I missing an update or something? Does anyone know what causes this?

I use a Galaxy Tab 2, I suffer Framerate issue when Audio is enabled. When I mute speakers and restart PAD, the problem is gone...

I play without audio so I never had the problem till I tried to play with audio once, let it go though.
« Last Edit: March 18, 2015, 04:24:01 PM by Dorakyura »

Edible

« Reply #831 on: March 18, 2015, 05:10:30 PM »
This blodin team I threw together for fun turns out to be really quite good. 

(blodin/blodin/u&y/u&y/reine/friend-with-blue-leader)

I can't wait for his ult evo. :V

« Reply #832 on: March 18, 2015, 05:18:33 PM »
This blodin team I threw together for fun turns out to be really quite good. 

(blodin/blodin/u&y/u&y/reine/friend-with-blue-leader)

I can't wait for his ult evo. :V
this actually looks like it could actually take on challenge 10 with a blonia friend for rcv or something :V

wait blonia is physical only

might as well dual bodins then and be like beelz fuck healing you got hp

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
« Reply #833 on: March 18, 2015, 06:46:19 PM »
this actually looks like it could actually take on challenge 10 with a blonia friend for rcv or something :V

and then beelze fucks you

(disclaimer, i have no idea if beelze is in there)

Edible

« Reply #834 on: March 18, 2015, 06:52:56 PM »

That team with double blodins has 3600 rcv with no +eggs, and three on-demand heals from the blodins.  That's almost half what my ronia team has after factoring in all plus eggs and both multipliers :V

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #835 on: March 18, 2015, 11:10:56 PM »
wait so padx doesn't include stat boost awoken skills in Stat totals and weighted stats.

Persephone already has a wickedly high 762~ weighted stat total but her HP and ATK up push her just above 800 without any plus eggs.

it's okay I'll never ignore you again as long as I'm using mono-dark

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #836 on: March 18, 2015, 11:19:04 PM »
I am so bad at playing Kali. Having the last two skillboosts from Dmeta will be a huge help once the next couple of free Tamadras are here so I can have the crutch of Kali's active up on turn one. Playing with her has given me new respect for Sakuya and UmiYama (and I guess Durga) players. I don't know how people do this without a board change active.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
« Reply #837 on: March 18, 2015, 11:32:16 PM »
Sakuya has beefier HP plus we also get beefy HP tanks like Apollo and (lesser extent) Athena. I use Big Dog and Godin for HP on them Sakuya teams as well.
I mean sure Kali can also use Athena but what are you doing with green orbs?
you kali guys can also use Bodin too I guess

I never thought about it but Hera-Sowilo seems like a good (though huge) investment for Kali. Fills a weird dark gap and a 7-turn damage reduction? Admittedly, people would probably be more inclined to skill Izanami before Sowilo on any given day.

« Reply #838 on: March 18, 2015, 11:36:50 PM »
can someone put up thier luci? I need to farm some masks :derp:

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #839 on: March 18, 2015, 11:46:27 PM »
A mono-white Kali team is interesting, but I don't think she really needs the bonus damage badly enough to justify it over just picking the most efficient subs. I don't know.

Maybe with SuperKali it would be worth it to just prioritize bulk over everything else and rely on the 36x attack and prongs to do all your damage? Maybe something like Kali/Izanami/Izanami/Ruka/Fuma/Kali? That team effectively has 28971 HP, and the recovery should be decent for something with three physicals on it just because the damage reduction is effectively a recovery multiplier and the other three are healers.

I've been looking at it as "Kali has bad HP which means I shouldn't even try to get HP and should go full offensive because I'll just die anyway", but maybe Kali's more offensive nature over Sakuya just means that I need to make up for it in defensive subs while Sakuya has to use offensive subs to do good damage. But when it comes down to it I'm just bad at clearing green and hearts off the board fast enough to keep my combos going reliably, and a bulky Kali team will only sort of mitigate that.