Author Topic: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side  (Read 138852 times)

Chaore

• Kai Ni Recipient Many Years Late
  • You Finally Did It, Kadokawa.
Re: Puzzle and Dragons 18: Swing your orbs from side to side
« Reply #570 on: March 11, 2015, 08:43:33 PM »
...I think this team is actually legit? You basically have 4x 100% of the time with pretty much no drawbacks and then your last two subs are for bursting bosses. Plus the fact that you spawn 3 green orbs means you just need at least 1 other green orb on board for constant TPAs. I guess they didn't make it 4 cause they didn't want a farmable monster without some drawback.

Man even 4x is considered trivial now huh. powercreep.gif

four kaguya is frankly too many tbh

her active ensures you're always attacking, but not always tpaing, and yes your last two cards have to pull a LOT of weight

it will most likely lack any kind of real support

if you use dunk bei and dunk zhuge though you could do a lot of damage still

but your hp will suck and don't even talk to me about any kind of real support

« Reply #571 on: March 11, 2015, 08:47:29 PM »
oh yeah type buffs is a thing

that would actually make more sense in that it makes it easier to build rainbow that way

although horus' role in that respect is already kind of taken up by kenshiro so it will be kind of hard to pull that off without either being underwhelming or making Ken worse in comparison (well he could always get an ult)

four kaguya is frankly too many tbh

her active ensures you're always attacking, but not always tpaing, and yes your last two cards have to pull a LOT of weight

it will most likely lack any kind of real support

if you use dunk bei and dunk zhuge though you could do a lot of damage still

but your hp will suck and don't even talk to me about any kind of real support
Osiris can ensure TPAs

but yeah is probably also like sonia grand where you need a stronger team in the first place just to get her or at least to be able to consistently farm her

also now that we got kaguya where's mokou

edit: oh wait on the other hand if you throw some stones to get her and have two of those 2 cd green plushies then she might actually be legit for early game
« Last Edit: March 11, 2015, 08:51:28 PM by Suikama »

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #572 on: March 11, 2015, 09:04:30 PM »
Where's Mokou? Well she's right here. Ha ha...

:(
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

« Reply #573 on: March 11, 2015, 09:54:32 PM »
so um

I apparently do really questionable things when i'm sick

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #574 on: March 11, 2015, 10:20:12 PM »
Christ.

That's all I got.

Christ.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #575 on: March 11, 2015, 10:44:45 PM »
http://pad.skyozora.com/stage/%E3%81%8B%E3%81%90%E3%82%84%E5%A7%AB%E9%99%8D%E8%87%A8%EF%BC%81/%E6%9C%88%E5%85%89%E5%A7%AB%20%E8%B6%85%E5%9C%B0%E7%8D%84%E7%B4%9A

Some uncomfirmed leaks of Kaguya Myth. Her attack names are named after the five treasures which I'm sure we're all heard of thanks to touhou :V
Kaguya doesn't die above 75% hp, and recovers to full when she survives by 1 hp, but apparently she doesn't use shield so you can just delay her I guess.
Devil binds under 75% hp. rip bastet. This is why I don't want bastet to even get near that devil type for awoken uevo. pls

YomiTama:
"Change the..."
"WORLD TAMAaa!!"

« Reply #576 on: March 11, 2015, 10:55:43 PM »
arg i cant stop thinking about what awoken isis will be

someone send help ;_;

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #577 on: March 11, 2015, 11:03:19 PM »

someone send help ;_;

How about this: Same leader skill, but also extends move time. Like HerZeu. That's... Something. It would make up for her lack of fingers and would use design space that doesn't really step on anyone's toes. Not sure how strong it would be, but it's something.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #578 on: March 12, 2015, 12:32:23 AM »

someone send help ;_;

Same here.
I'm also afraid to commit +eggs on anyone because bastet uevo may drastically change the way teams are built. (My G/L and G/D bastet teams looked completely different)

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #579 on: March 12, 2015, 12:36:34 AM »
Same here.
I'm also afraid to commit +eggs on anyone because bastet uevo may drastically change the way teams are built. (My G/L and G/D bastet teams looked completely different)

That's why you gotta pick one mediocre monster to commit to and just dig in. :D And cross your fingers that jugglecreep 2015 doesn't mean all descends from now on will have 30 million health.

« Reply #580 on: March 12, 2015, 12:37:57 AM »
Cleared Threedia Challenge mode

almost cleared Defour Challenge mode BUT MY FINGER SLIPPED ON THE FINAL COMBO AND I HEALED HIM BACK TO FULL FUCK

ronia op

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #581 on: March 12, 2015, 12:57:32 AM »

someone send help ;_;

Ditto, but for horus.

;_;

« Reply #582 on: March 12, 2015, 01:05:32 AM »
i just thought of something hilarious for Isis' active

so outside of kalis, Isis and Ra and to a certain extent Horus lack a good fullboard orb changer that works well with them, since every other fullboard change removes colors

this sucks because outside of damage potential, they also clear crap on the board like poison and jammers which is essential for hitting high combos

but there's another way to get a 'fullboard' change without stepping into kali territory...

what if Isis' active was changed to remove 2 turns of bind + ORB REFRESH :V

since she's an awoken ult, it's okay if her active completely shits on hobgoblin (just like how awoken venus' active is just a straight up better version of chrono turtle's)

so basically every 3 turns you get to mullgan your board, which is something that is basically ONLY good for combo leaders but also UNIVERSALLY good for them

she would basically become the queen of anti orbtroll, with just 3 skill boosts your Kirin or Ra or whatever gets a free board mulligan at the start of any dungeon to help avoid those dreaded orbtrolls

it's useful and yet not ridiculously op (well actually it might be in practice lol)

alternatively Horus could get this, or Ra.

It would probably be most useful on Ra since he gets screwed over hardest by those tricky orb changing dungeons

hyorinryu

• mrgrgr
  • In need of a new sig
« Reply #583 on: March 12, 2015, 01:31:23 AM »
so um

I apparently do really questionable things when i'm sick

I love it. 10/10. Should be an ult.

orb refresh stuff

The biggest thing that makes me wonder about that, is what about those times you don't need the refresh but you really want the other parts of the skill. Those things are pretty unreliable. It does make me wonder though, what if they started throwing actives on to leader skills? Something like "if you get x combos convert x orbs to x at the end of the turn when they do autoheals and stuff, or maybe" when you  do x, get an orb refresh when combo count is done."

*currently under repair*
Puzzle Dragon stuff

« Reply #584 on: March 12, 2015, 01:38:22 AM »
I love it. 10/10. Should be an ult.

The biggest thing that makes me wonder about that, is what about those times you don't need the refresh but you really want the other parts of the skill. Those things are pretty unreliable. It does make me wonder though, what if they started throwing actives on to leader skills? Something like "if you get x combos convert x orbs to x at the end of the turn when they do autoheals and stuff, or maybe" when you  do x, get an orb refresh when combo count is done."
then you'd get infinite combos in tricolor :V

also it would make sense if they gave it to Ra since his little laser is pretty much useless anyways, there are very few times that you actually need it, and if you're running dual Ra you have two anyways

although that leads to the question, what happens if you kill someone and orb refresh at the same time? who will the orb refresh combo hurt if you get skyfalls? :derp:

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #585 on: March 12, 2015, 01:42:09 AM »
Hmm... So one possible confluence of design space that hasn't been tapped (to my knowledge, I don't follow non-English collabs or anything), abilities that make sense for an Egyptian to have, and things that are associated with Egyptians (at least 2.0) is a leader skill that cares about enhanced orbs. Maybe if you clear some number of enhanced orbs (6? 8? 10?) you get some kind of additional bonus with your combo (Extra x.2 attack? Heal some amount? Small gravity before or after your damage? Unique effects like stacking poison?). Maybe that's not interactive enough to really work, but you can build around it and it technically could "work" within the game rules I think. Might be too complicated or wordy to fit on a card.

"ATK x3 when attacking with 3 of following orb types: Fire, Water, Wood, Light, Dark & Heart. ATK x0.5 for each additional orb type, up to ATK x4.5 for all 6 matches. 20% all damage reduction for one turn when matching 8 or more enhanced orbs." Or something.

Seems plausible, although that one time when you skyfall into a perfect board for next turn and it gets refreshed away... :D
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:30:06 AM by commandercool »

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #586 on: March 12, 2015, 01:50:29 AM »
OK I know you guys might be looking at Gadius and going zomg he has 2 rows.

But Juggler with 4x Pandora subs = 8 dark rows
Gadius with any combination of Yamato Takeru / Uriel subs = 8 red rows

They are actually equal in terms of row count. Juggler is still better cause he has x7 over x6. But, Gadius has the benefit of having about 6x more RCV, he can at least do x4????? with one heart match. Anyway Gadius (some people will romanize it Godius which I won't argue against either because there is a Japanese MMO called Godius which uses the same katakana) is pretty much better than the others at a first glance. Problem with Illum and Zuoh is that their x6 requires 4 combo of 2+2, which is pretty difficult to acquire at times without some orb manipulations or sick orb management. If you are gonna use Illum's L/R sonia active you are gonna want to pray that you can do the 3+3 rows or something very close to it. Zuoh is just not that great due to awakenings, at least Illum has Finger.

As for Typhon, we don't have a clue about the lower bound of the ATK multiplier and we don't know as of now how many hearts could be eliminated in order to get x6.

Regarding Kaguya-hime, you can't do Osiris System unlike using GZL leads, because you won't have enough Skill Boosts to have Osiris up on turn 1, since Osiris himself don't have Skill Boost.

>weaker ariel active

okay not entirely cool

Well, honestly, same thing was thrown around with Grimoire Descend compared to their REM counterparts Ass Nova and Goetia (2 < 3) but eventually people forgot about it due to the Enhance aspect. As for Kaguya-hime, yeah, this is actually a problem because they both have the same max skilled CD. Though Ariel can't be skilled up without Pii at least. Anyway, Kaguya-hime should have had CD 3 at max level. That would be OK.

元素召唤 || pad & msl news translator robit
twitter xx motk resident whale

« Reply #587 on: March 12, 2015, 02:37:28 AM »
Gadius also still does unconditional damage though, which means you can team him up with whoever the fuck you want just like juggler

And his rarity is only equal to Ronia

He's is the new bicycle for sure, everyone is going to use him even moreso than Ronia

Like seriously if he was fire damage only then he'd be strong but not universally good

But because he's unconditional he's literally Juggler 2.0

Put a bunch of goblins on your team and go kill Legend+ no problem

Chaore

« Reply #588 on: March 12, 2015, 02:38:02 AM »
OK I know you guys might be looking at Gadius and going zomg he has 2 rows.

But Juggler with 4x Pandora subs = 8 dark rows
Gadius with any combination of Yamato Takeru / Uriel subs = 8 red rows

They are actually equal in terms of row count. Juggler is still better cause he has x7 over x6. But, Gadius has the benefit of having about 6x more RCV, he can at least do x4????? with one heart match.

more damage = / = better

juggler compared to gadius is not in his favor outside of damage tbh

« Reply #589 on: March 12, 2015, 02:40:53 AM »
Seriously this guy is BETTER THAN JUGGLER because of his consistency

x4 for one heart match is trivial and good enough for cleaning mobs

x36 is not x49 but it's still good enough, I mean even now technically x5 is good enough to clear Legend+s

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #590 on: March 12, 2015, 02:42:07 AM »
more damage = / = better

Juggler still have that not bindable thing going. welp.
And I agree, does moar damage even matter when these guys pretty much ohkos everything with 1~2 row.

« Reply #591 on: March 12, 2015, 02:43:14 AM »
This guy does have bind clear though

and you can just pair him with Wee Jas or something for the antibind+YOU GET HEARTS TOO FOR DAMAGE OH BOY THIS IS BALANCED

Like the more I look at this guy the more I realize he's fucking ridiculous

At least new descends are being designed to be anti juggler though heh
« Last Edit: March 12, 2015, 02:48:32 AM by Suikama »

Mr. Sacchi

• All shall be well and all manner of thing shall be well.
  • Not postponed. Not in the end. Not for long.
« Reply #592 on: March 12, 2015, 02:47:45 AM »
I'll also make the argument that Juggler 2.0 has access to Rodin and his row shenanigans. Plus, he has echidna, and everyone loves echidna.

« Reply #593 on: March 12, 2015, 02:49:39 AM »
It would actually be pretty fucking funny if gungho makes every dungeon from now on have anti burst armor

So basically if your damage is too high you actually CANT WIN

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #594 on: March 12, 2015, 02:53:47 AM »
I'll also make the argument that Juggler 2.0 has access to Rodin and his row shenanigans. Plus, he has echidna, and everyone loves echidna.

Typhon is Echidna's actual hasubando though.

True. Gadius is also more readily available because unlike Juggler he is ~*~godfes exclusive~*~

Chaore

« Reply #595 on: March 12, 2015, 03:00:55 AM »
Typhon is Echidna's actual hasubando though.

True. Gadius is also more readily available because unlike Juggler he is ~*~godfes exclusive~*~

Yeahp, he'll also be more likely to get an easy skill up too :v

So in short, I'm saving all my stones for him now.

« Reply #596 on: March 12, 2015, 03:21:44 AM »
Yeahp, he'll also be more likely to get an easy skill up too :v
Famous last words :V

Especially if his skill ups is like the Odin's where you have to farm a really hard 99 stam dungeon for a 1/3 chance of getting them

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #597 on: March 12, 2015, 03:27:42 AM »
It would actually be pretty fucking funny if gungho makes every dungeon from now on have anti burst armor

So basically if your damage is too high you actually CANT WIN

Gran, Z&H, and if the leak is to be believed, Kaguya all have the can't kill them in one hit above X% hp ability.
So yea, already happening.

« Reply #598 on: March 12, 2015, 03:33:30 AM »
Gadius doesn't actually have too much of a problem with them though since he can always just go x4 mini burst

Goddamn Juggler 2.0

Well his HP does kind of suck though so that's one thing

trancehime

• 不聖女
  • 2017年~ 茨心R (希望)
    • himegimi
« Reply #599 on: March 12, 2015, 03:39:35 AM »
Well his HP does kind of suck though so that's one thing

Juggler's HP is worse. :v At least his RCV is freaking high.