Author Topic: General Screenshot/Video Thread  (Read 203958 times)

CK Crash

• boozer
General Screenshot/Video Thread
« on: September 22, 2009, 11:40:05 PM »
A place to show off stuff that isn't quite worthy of a new thread, or is unrelated to your current thread. Try to offer constructive criticism on the works of others as well. As long as if it would be allowed in Rika's Garage, feel free to post it here!

To take screenshots of Danmakufu, use the home key while playing your script. It saves 3 screenshots in the snapshot folder, one with the frame, one without, and a preview sized screen. Then simply convert to .PNG in Paint and upload.

To start things off, a few screenshots from a full game I'm working on with a team. First stage midboss, boss, and second stage boss, on Normal difficulty.

The spirits wave back and forth, making it especially hard to dodge inbetween many of them.

Shiki shoots tags that then turned into aimed waves. Used to be a lot harder.

Looks familiar, right? It's not nearly as hard though, the bullet line up nicely by the time they reach you, and they never spawn on you.

puremrz

• Can't stop playing Minecraft!
Re: General Screenshot/Video Thread
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2009, 03:40:31 PM »
Good idea. It surprises me there wasn't a topic like this before.
Time to abuse it...

Stage 1 is almost done. I'll be glad when I get the stage framework finished. It was such a pain to code this. X_X

Making 3d backgrounds is hard not as bad as talk events.
For some reason, the black edge around the trees makes weird effects. But it's not 100% black, so I don't understand why that happens...

I hate this spellcard so very much on lunatic mode. (Proof that it's good) ^^;
I'm also starting to develop an extreme hate for white Reimu. Need to make that player character soon!

The first boss battle is a duo battle. Expect plenty.
Making 2 different bosses skip from battle to battle is pretty annoying to do. :V
Full Danmakufu game "Juuni Jumon - Summer Interlude" is done!
By the same person who made Koishi Hell 1,2 (except this game is serious)
Topic: http://www.shrinemaiden.org/forum/index.php/topic,9647.0.html

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2009, 04:17:31 PM »

Stella's second card. She uses those laser stars in most of them, either as danmaku or for visual effect. Conveniently, it works out so that the tips don't contain hitboxes. This screenshot was taken a split second before Josette's death.

PoSR beta 5.5 currently has a Duke Nukem Forever release date :V

puremrz: I'd be interesting in seeing the graphics and code for your stage to try to help fix that glitchy fuzz, that background would look really good if you could fix that.

puremrz

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2009, 04:42:05 PM »
What, it's still not done? :V
Just so that everyone else also knows, I PMed you the files.

Henry

• The observer
  • Exploring to the new world of Danmaku
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2009, 01:07:27 AM »
As I posted, I am making a extra/phantasm boss fight for Patchouli. Player will have to navigate a lot of danmaku in order to survive.

Some of the spell cards:
1. Fire-Water-Wood-Metal-Earth Sign "Philosopher's Stone" (this is basically a remake of Satori's card)

2. Fire Sign "Agni's Radiance" (this is based on Yukari's "Border of Wave and Particles, though slower and much denser)

3. Earth Sign 1 "Buried in Justice" (this is based on Shou's "Aura of Justice", not a very good remake though)

4. Fire-Earth Sign "Lava radiance" (this somehow, is a mix of Patchouli's Fire Sign in EoSD and Earth Sign 1)

5. Earth-Wood Sign "Forest Maze" (this is a mix of Earth Sign 1 and Wood Sign)

To be continued...
Old/Forgotten member.

Old Patchouli Project was outdated but new one is in progress.

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2009, 01:39:10 AM »
So a redo of your Patchy boss?

Henry

• The observer
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2009, 02:59:19 AM »
Yes. Several amendments have been made.
Old/Forgotten member.

« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2009, 03:05:12 AM »
I must say, this topic is pretty awesome :V

puremrz

« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2009, 10:33:50 AM »
Hoo! I like the earthy theme in those Patchouli spellcards, they look really great!

And now, the background for stage 3 (I haven't started 2 yet, but I wanted to get one of the most complicated backgrounds done first)
There are some trees to the right, which aren't visible at the moment. And some doors on the left, which reveal more rooms.
All my 3b backgrounds are hand-drawn with pen, paper, and copic markers. I don't like doing computer graphics. (read: I can't draw on the computer)

This is the hallway of a ryokan (Japanese styled hotel).
It's supposed to be daytime though, so the black mist has to become more like the blue in my first post. :P

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2009, 11:15:25 AM »
Puremrz, if you do not replace your Reimu / Marisa player eventually with sprites then I will hunt you down in Holland and fire danmaku at your house.

Awesome stuff you people are making. Makes me go parsee mode for not being able to draw 3D.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2009, 11:22:15 AM by Helepolis »

puremrz

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2009, 11:49:44 AM »
Puremrz, if you do not replace your Reimu / Marisa player eventually with sprites then I will hunt you down in Holland and fire danmaku at your house.

Awesome stuff you people are making. Makes me go parsee mode for not being able to draw 3D.

Drawing 3d is pretty easy. (Compared to many other things in Danmakufu... *cough* Understanding vertices, talkevents, learning to understand AddShot, object shots combined with arrays, FREAKING STAGES *cough* ;_; )
Just scroll the stage instead of the camera. the real problem lies with the random placed objects such as trees. Other than that, it's all about resetting the background to its original position after "looping" through it once. Writing down what number does what in DrawGraphic3D, SetViewTo, SetViewFrom and SetGraphicAngle can be useful too.

Ah, uhm... Making a player character comes next... After I finish the beginnings of the main menu... =P I think I almost somewhat understand the basics of tasks now... Yield has become my least favorite word of the month though.

Thaws

• _m廿廿m_
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2009, 11:58:15 AM »
Puremrz, you artworks and backgrounds are really amazing!!

This is a spellcard from the Purple UFO boss I'm making, I'm calling it "Danmaku DNA".
I'm going to be considering that DNA-like pattern to be a gimmick and it will be appearing quite few times in my cards.

Henry

• The observer
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2009, 02:04:30 PM »
Oh no... Nue's new UFO...
Extra suggestion: (You may as well make orange UFO, light blue UFO... lol)

The edge of lasers looks... (this is not your problem, don't worry)
DNA pattern? quite a fresh idea :)
Old/Forgotten member.

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2009, 03:30:17 PM »
Drawing 3d is pretty easy. (Compared to many other things in Danmakufu... *cough* Understanding vertices, talkevents, learning to understand AddShot, object shots combined with arrays, FREAKING STAGES *cough* ;_; )

I will trade you my knowledge of understanding vertices, talk events, the AddShot function, object shots when combined with arrays as well as FREAKIN' STAGES for your Stuffman-tier knowledge of 3d backgrounds, anyday.

oh god please

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2009, 08:03:33 PM »

I will trade you my knowledge of understanding vertices, talk events, the AddShot function, object shots when combined with arrays as well as FREAKIN' STAGES for your Stuffman-tier knowledge of 3d backgrounds, anyday.

oh god please
You could just share info on IRC :V

Henry

• The observer
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2009, 05:17:32 AM »
More screenshots of my boss here:
1. Sun-Wood Sign "Photosynthsis" (this is, by coincidence, same name as SWR's SC (though it is a must the think of it lol, this spell card is harder than it looks)

2. Water-Earth Sign "Unknown moisture above the swamp" extra (this is a mix of Suika's "Pandemonium" and Yukari's "Border of life and death")

3. Water-Earth Sign "Unknown moistre above the swamp" phantasm (same as above)

4. Water-Metal Sign "Mercury Poison" (harder version of same SC in EoSD)
http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/3867/watermetalsign.png

5. Moon Sign "Silent Selena" (based on the SC in SWR)

6. Metal-Wood Sign "Elementary Harvestor" (based on the SC in SWR)
Old/Forgotten member.

« Reply #16 on: September 30, 2009, 05:59:32 AM »

My skills of finding good textures with Onthenet's Danmakufu 3d skills. All it needs is some snowflakes  :V

And yes, I'm guilty of ripping graphics from Guild Wars  ;D

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #17 on: September 30, 2009, 10:37:00 PM »
Hollow World of God rips if you got that from Dixq's site?

« Reply #18 on: October 01, 2009, 12:40:45 AM »

Primula

• EARL TYPE 222
« Reply #19 on: October 01, 2009, 01:06:45 AM »
Ahh I just thought about the stage 3 HWoG

« Reply #20 on: October 03, 2009, 09:59:34 PM »
i have no idea why it did this.....

« Reply #21 on: October 03, 2009, 10:29:34 PM »
What is THAT!?

« Reply #22 on: October 03, 2009, 10:33:07 PM »
What is THAT!?

it ist a giant glitched bullet for some reason....

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2009, 05:42:37 AM »
Check this out, congressmen; with help from Lishy, Stage 5 now features highly realistic tree trunks. Awwww yeah.

We played around with some other more realistic textures but decided a full conversion from the cartoony style to a realistic one is too demanding of a job at this time.

« Reply #24 on: October 04, 2009, 06:11:38 AM »
Those do look really cool

« Reply #25 on: October 04, 2009, 06:17:08 AM »
I had my fair share of fun too  :V

On my end, I couldn't fix the trunks though :(

Geez.. I can't wait to get into 3d in danmakufu. Expect awesome shit by then!

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #26 on: October 04, 2009, 01:29:45 PM »
Well I had told this before on IRC. Planning a three-stage game like Uwabami breakers. Here is Stage 3 looks which is extremely under progress as all non-fitting textures have to be replaced by disco-ish ones.

Stage 3 - The Sunrise Dome disco

Stuffman

• We're having a ball!
« Reply #27 on: October 04, 2009, 05:48:10 PM »
That looks frickin' great so far, though. Is Afro Man gonna make a a reappearance in this game?

RavenEngie

• Now how'm I supposed to stop those mean ol' Mother Hubbards from tearin' me a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer, use a gun. If that don't work...
  • Gaming-Obsessed Illusionist
« Reply #28 on: October 04, 2009, 10:06:34 PM »

One of the forms of the Seven Force, a boss in the SEGA Genisis game, Gunstar Heroes. Brilliant game, with a gratuitous amount of explosions. Just made to test out object effects, but I think I might carry on with it, working on and off with my other three projects.
WALUIGI BACK! NOW THIS SIG IS FUNNY AGAIN!
Mah arts! :3

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #29 on: October 05, 2009, 06:33:28 AM »
That looks frickin' great so far, though. Is Afro Man gonna make a a reappearance in this game?

Yes, he will become stage 2 boss with his own revamped Saturday Night fever bar which has a 70' disco floor. I will perhaps make an announcement on my website or here on the forum about it eventually when I got some more material to show. I don't wish to create a thread with only text :V