Author Topic: Can we approach Touhou characters with science?  (Read 16152 times)

Re: Can we approach Touhou characters with science?
« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2013, 04:43:12 PM »
This thread seems to be contrasting more and more like the thread"Power of the ladies, how do they work" instead of actually scientific approaches for Touhou. Also, let us refrain from power level discussions or comparisons of power(levels) with any charts and such, shall we?

Also the Scientific Journal I remembered was named "The Journal of Touhou Discussion, volume 1, 27 may 2012"
http://ewigleere.pa.land.to/Journal_of_Touhou_Discussion.html/
Cover + back: http://ewigleere.pa.land.to/Journal-of-touhou-disucssio.jpg

Seems volume 2 was also released.
Kinda hard to avoid doing that though, since we need some comparison.
Also, I would love to read that book. Wonder if I can ask Forza to get one?

Helepolis

• Charisma!
  • O-ojousama!?
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2013, 04:58:40 PM »
Kinda hard to avoid doing that though, since we need some comparison.
It is quite easy to avoid: Don't discuss power levels.

Also, I would love to read that book. Wonder if I can ask Forza to get one?
I think it is possible. Try to check with him in his thread.

ShiroiMahotsukai

• White Mage with a Twist
« Reply #32 on: August 23, 2013, 07:18:26 PM »
Does anyone know the name of that doujin that tried to calculate Aya and Youmu's speed? Unless it was entirely in my imagination I quite enjoyed it and it seems relevent.
"The eyes are the windows that let us gaze upon the soul"

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2013, 01:47:28 AM »
Going back to Rumia, I think the best explanation would be that she emits light that destructively interferes with the electromagnetic waves around her, in a similar way to how noise canceling headphones work.

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2013, 06:31:00 PM »
Does anyone know the name of that doujin that tried to calculate Aya and Youmu's speed? Unless it was entirely in my imagination I quite enjoyed it and it seems relevent.
This http://danbooru.donmai.us/pools/1326

Drake

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2013, 01:06:37 AM »
Going back to Rumia, I think the best explanation would be that she emits light that destructively interferes with the electromagnetic waves around her, in a similar way to how noise canceling headphones work.
You couldn't possibly emit light that perfectly matches all of the different frequencies bouncing around in all directions, and even still it wouldn't create the dark ball since you'd be shooting the opposite waves outwards.

A Colorful Calculating Creative and Cuddly Crafty Callipygous Clever Commander
- original art by Aiけん | ウサホリ -

Delfigamer

• * Merry, bride, absolute (HR)
  • of course the best girl never wins
« Reply #36 on: September 30, 2013, 10:49:18 AM »
Buuump!
Quote from: Tengukami
Another thing that's bugged me - Suika. Her power is manipulation of density and sparseness. Notice this is not manipulation of mass. So with that in mind, when she takes on her giganto form, are we to take this to mean she has lessened her density to be able to have the same mass at this size? Are her tiny-little-Suikas actually super-solid?
Now let's come to that from other side. What mass does Suika have?
You may expect her to weigh like 10-year loli, but look here:

Do you remember this spellcard? Here Suika throws a huge boulder at her opponent.
And now think. Boulder, being at least twice Suika's volume and 2.7 times her density, gains a clearly visible velocity, while Suika, despite freely flying in air at the time, doesn't move much.
Actually, when she spins that poor rock before throwing, she does it like she weights nearly dozens of those boulders - the rock moves with a fairly large radius, while Suika stays at the same point.
So, and how does this spellcard estimate Suika's mass?
40 kg * 2 volume suikas * 2.7 density suikas * 10 torque suikas = 2160 kg
Heavy girl, isn't she? :V

And next time, we'll talk about changings in potential energy of intermolecular interaction in the Suika's body. To be continued~ (maybe)
« Last Edit: September 30, 2013, 10:55:36 AM by Delfigamer »

The Jealous Witch did nothing wrong.