Author Topic: MotK NFL Postseason Discussion - FF 2015 season is over (congrats PX!)  (Read 81688 times)

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
Re: MotK Fantasy Football 2015 - No More National NFC East Games pls
« Reply #420 on: November 06, 2015, 12:44:41 AM »
Cincinnati over Cleveland in the "Lebron is the only thing worth watching in Ohio" Bowl.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #421 on: November 06, 2015, 12:52:41 AM »
Cincinnati over Cleveland in the "Lebron is the only thing worth watching in Ohio" Bowl.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZzgAjjuqZM&feature=youtu.be&t=29

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #422 on: November 06, 2015, 01:06:46 AM »
But it's fun watching Johnny "Johnny Football" Football get murdered on the field!

Edible

« Reply #423 on: November 06, 2015, 03:53:17 AM »
[20:31:21] <Edible> Oh whoops
[20:31:32] <Edible> I was gonna start eifert in the flex
[20:31:36] <Edible> Alas
[20:42:59] <Edible> ... alas <_<
[21:23:56] <Edible> >_> ... alas
[22:52:52] <Edible> AL >_< AS

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: MotK Fantasy Football 2015 - The AFC South is the worst ever
« Reply #424 on: November 06, 2015, 08:02:09 PM »
The Colts are leading the AFC South at 3-5 and have not beaten a team outside their division.  The Texans and the Jaguars both have legitimate chances of winning that division.  Y'all, as bad as the NFC South was last year (and it was bad) I don't think I'm able to verbalize just how bad the AFC South is.  On a side note, the Falcons are winless since I successfully cursed them by being nice.  SUCK IT!!!

Survivor pool round 2 update:
Vic and PX are still out because football is dumb and bad.  Though PX tried to sneak in a pick last week and I somehow missed it so I couldn't tell him that he was dumb but I can now PX YOU'RE DUMB AND ALSO OUT, STOP PICKING!
Edible (Jacksonville, Pittsburgh) is 1-1 OUT because he picked those yinzer motherfuckers.
kagiyamahina (Carolina, Giants) is 1-1 OUT after some Big 12 teams dressed up as the Giants and Saints and snuck into the Superdome for a game.
Kilga (Minnesota, New England, Washington, Tampa Bay, Miami, Giants, New Orleans) is 2-0 but actually 7-0 after an exciting arena football game
yuyukos (Oakland, Seattle you butt) is 2-0 and what happened to the Seahawks?  How does a team retain the same players and regress that badly?

Packers at Panthers is suddenly a game with 1st overall seed implications in the NFC.  In week 9.  The NFC is not very good.  Meanwhile there is a legitimate chance that a team in the AFC goes 14-2 and does not get a bye week.  #whoa #wow

kagiyamahina says he's given up on his team but he's actually not last or even second to last; he's actually ahead of someone who is supposedly trying to win every week.  RIP.  Here lies Hail Renko, they never scored
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 08:41:34 PM by PX »

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #425 on: November 06, 2015, 09:42:03 PM »
Yeah, well, we'll see about that this week.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Zirene

• Resident Planeswalker
  • Want some?
« Reply #426 on: November 07, 2015, 05:34:22 PM »
I feel so smart drafting Tyler Eifert in my other league in the late rounds. I had Jason Witten and benched him for Eifert last week and it won me the match up.

OMGOMGOMGOMGOMGOMG Holy shit  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Arkansas beat Ole Miss in OT! I won't spoil it but you'll see a very special play that allowed this win on Sports Center tonight and for a long, long time. I thinking it'll be #1 on top 10.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 12:30:33 AM by Zirene »

« Reply #427 on: November 08, 2015, 12:40:12 PM »
kagiyamahina says he's given up on his team but he's actually not last or even second to last; he's actually ahead of someone who is supposedly trying to win every week.  RIP.  Here lies Hail Renko, they never scored

wow, really?  That's a shame :/

Also, NC State won again without our two RBs. You owe our alma mater an apology.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #428 on: November 08, 2015, 07:20:35 PM »
wow, really?  That's a shame :/

Also, NC State won again without our two RBs. You owe our alma mater an apology.
Dear NC State,

How the fuck did you lose to Louisville?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #429 on: November 09, 2015, 12:12:36 AM »
And my week is ruined by Blaine Gabbert. ?_(ツ)_/?

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

yuyukos

« Reply #430 on: November 09, 2015, 12:48:35 AM »
And my week is ruined by Blaine Gabbert. ?_(ツ)_/?
Not the first time in history this sentence has been uttered.
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Edible

« Reply #431 on: November 09, 2015, 12:53:53 AM »
Not the first time in history this sentence has been uttered.

Trust me.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #432 on: November 09, 2015, 12:57:47 AM »
My week has been ruined by Blaine Gabbert not shitting the bed.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #433 on: November 09, 2015, 03:38:51 AM »
My week has been ruined by Blaine Gabbert not shitting the bed.
Dan Quinn ruined your weekend by electing to kick a field goal when down by 4 with 3 minutes to go from the 2 yard line. Dumb move.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #434 on: November 09, 2015, 06:44:09 AM »
My Bye week is over, time to catch up

Edible

« Reply #435 on: November 09, 2015, 06:58:33 PM »
Dion Lewis noooo ;_;

And right after I lost Le'veon Bell for the year, too.

« Reply #436 on: November 09, 2015, 07:32:27 PM »
Dion Lewis noooo ;_;

And right after I lost Le'veon Bell for the year, too.

The Year of Safety(tm) continues.

Also, I had him in my other league. why.

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #437 on: November 09, 2015, 08:05:24 PM »
Half my team decided to score 100 points ffs

Edible

« Reply #438 on: November 10, 2015, 09:19:22 AM »
And with that, I have officially beaten all of you.

Raise your hand if you clinched a playoff spot! :V

yuyukos

« Reply #439 on: November 10, 2015, 11:06:54 PM »
Oh god all of my quarterbacks are falling apart at the same time.
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #440 on: November 11, 2015, 12:31:11 AM »
Tis the season for injuries everywhere. Is there an actual player available in the FA?

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #441 on: November 11, 2015, 09:45:16 PM »
Oh man, it's possible a 4-10-2 Jaguars could host a 13-3 Jets team in the first round of the playoffs. I want to see this shit happen lol

Edible

« Reply #442 on: November 11, 2015, 10:10:05 PM »
Oh man, it's possible a 4-10-2 Jaguars could host a 13-3 Jets team in the first round of the playoffs. I want to see this shit happen lol

Man, if that's what it takes for us to get into the playoffs... <_<

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: MotK Fantasy Football 2015 - If the season ended today, people would be mad
« Reply #443 on: November 12, 2015, 05:57:10 PM »
Survivor Pool Round 2 Update:
Everyone is out except yuyukos so now we all have to say something nice about the...Giants???  Help.

Tis the season for injuries everywhere. Is there an actual player available in the FA?
I'm surprised that DeAngelo Williams wasn't claimed on waivers last week before me.  Only FA available will be the unheralded guys like Jonas Gray last year, production not long enough to benefit any team.

And with that, I have officially beaten all of you.

Raise your hand if you clinched a playoff spot! :V
And Kilga's lost to all of us, and doesn't play Arashi's Abandoned Team so the pressure is on for our reigning champ.  Also, Fakk u Edible >=|

With Hasselbeck in for the next 2-6 weeks (for a lacerated kidney it's gotta be longer than that right?) I actually like the Jaguars going forward.  The Colts may have beaten the Broncos in Indy but let's all acknowledge what that game actually was: Peyton Manning formally ceding his status as Indianapolis Colts legend to Andrew Luck before the people of Indy.  The Texans are lol and the Titans are lmao and just fired their head coach.

Mid-season reflections!  I definitely didn't expect the Panthers to be 8-0 by this point.  I didn't think 4-0 was outrageous given the very soft opening we had, but I thought the only win we'd have in this second quarter was against the Eagles, so they're crushing my expectations right now.  Looking ahead to the next 4 weeks we play at the Titans, host Washington, at Dallas for Thanksgiving, and finish that stretch at New Orleans.  The Titans will not be an easy win, but I think their win over the Saints took a lot of expectations off their shoulders to not only win but also score an "upset" over a "better team".  Had they lost to the Saints I would actually be more nervous about playing them, but this is probably the most likely loss in this stretch.  Hosting Washington with inept Kirk Cousins at QB should allow the defense a chance to shine and put on a show.  Dallas on Thanksgiving looked like a very difficult game before the season: Tony Romo in a game he plays every year, Dez Bryant doing Dez Bryant things, Greg Hardy looking for "revenge" against his former team (who paid him an entire season's salary to sit on the bench so come the fuck on he should be fucking thankful if anything).  Now Romo is likely still going to be on the bench, Dez is going to be covered by Norman all day and have to fight to catch passes from.....some crappy backup, and Greg Hardy might be cut by then!  This will be a tough game, especially with the short week, but a Panthers win seems a likely outcome.  Playing New Orleans in the Superdome that next week in a game that will test this secondary (playing so far above their pay grade somehow) that could very easily be a Saints win because ~*~division game~*~ but Panthers should come away with a victory.  WITH THAT SAID: the Panthers MUST lose a game somewhere in this stretch, and preferably before the Saints game.  Why?  Take the pressure off the team a little.  Heading into the Superdome at 11-0 is just a set-up for tragedy, and if they somehow made it out to be 12-0 I would be fully expecting to see them lose out because playing with a chip on their shoulders is better for this team than lofty expectations.  They've been behind the 8 ball this entire season, and flipping the script right now would be inviting disaster.  For their sake I think they'd play better for this stretch if they lost in Nashville.  Then again, I thought they'd be not that great this year so what do I know?

I whiffed badly on the Chiefs as my choice to win the AFC West; I didn't have any faith in Manning and his arm this season and for the most part this belief has held up!  However, Denver's defense is way better than I anticipated, so they're still going to win that division.  Not only that, but the Raiders are coming along nicely and are playing very well, better than I thought they would be in year 2 of Derek Carr.  Amari Cooper looks like the real deal and Crabtree gives him a legitimate threat as a WR2.  Both the Raiders and the Jets may have been jokes last year but there's a real chance they both make the playoffs as wild cards this year.

My team has been putting it together pretty well for a few weeks and I now have a glut of running backs so I will probably lose out from this point because NEKOARCS FOOTBALL!!!

Edible

« Reply #444 on: November 12, 2015, 06:19:27 PM »
Everyone is out except yuyukos so now we all have to say something nice about the...Giants???  Help.

Tom Coughlin is easily one of the best coaches in the NFL, and I give him more credit for their two recent superbowl wins than any other member of the organization.  He regularly takes pedestrian talent and elevates them (but there's only so much he can do when you have the definition of mediocre GM managing your roster).

Eli Manning is having a pretty good year.

And Kilga's lost to all of us, and doesn't play Arashi's Abandoned Team so the pressure is on for our reigning champ.  Also, Fakk u Edible >=|

I actually don't think I'm going to win this week, if I'm honest. >_>

Kilga's matchups are better for the most part.

With Hasselbeck in for the next 2-6 weeks (for a lacerated kidney it's gotta be longer than that right?) I actually like the Jaguars going forward.  The Colts may have beaten the Broncos in Indy but let's all acknowledge what that game actually was: Peyton Manning formally ceding his status as Indianapolis Colts legend to Andrew Luck before the people of Indy.  The Texans are lol and the Titans are lmao and just fired their head coach.

Spoiler:
I liked the Jaguars to win the AFC South even before Luck went down.
  We've been competitive in every game this year but one, and the rest of our schedule is against dumpster fire competition.  Gus Bradley needs to be fired though.  Dude's just not an NFL head coach.

The Titans will not be an easy win, but I think their win over the Saints took a lot of expectations off their shoulders to not only win but also score an "upset" over a "better team".  Had they lost to the Saints I would actually be more nervous about playing them, but this is probably the most likely loss in this stretch.  Hosting Washington with inept Kirk Cousins at QB should allow the defense a chance to shine and put on a show.

The Titans should not be an issue for Carolina.  They are actually really super awful - they beat the Saints because guess who else is awful.

I actually think the Redskins will give you more of a challenge than Tennessee.  Cousins isn't great but I think he's better than he's often given credit.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #445 on: November 12, 2015, 06:45:22 PM »
Yeah but I don't wanna lose at home :<

yuyukos please confirm your favorite team pls

yuyukos

« Reply #446 on: November 12, 2015, 11:03:44 PM »
Heap praise upon the New York Football Giants and their ELIte quarterback.
Bonus points for OMAHA which I will never get out of my brain after watching the Mannings.
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Edible

« Reply #447 on: November 12, 2015, 11:07:03 PM »
Bonus points for OMAHA which I will never get out of my brain after watching the Mannings.

https://streamable.com/oc6c

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #448 on: November 13, 2015, 02:12:55 AM »
The Giants are the only ones who can stop Brady in the Superbowl. That's all.

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #449 on: November 13, 2015, 03:02:21 AM »
Jason Pierre-Paul is the best eight-and-a-half-fingered player in the NFL. :V

In all seriousness, Tom Coughlin and his squad are incredible at building a pass-rushing squad (this year's team aside), and it's amazing how he was able to play the same trick twice on Belicheck.

I definitely didn't expect the Panthers to be 8-0 by this point.

That's okay, because they're really 7-1.