Author Topic: MotK NFL Postseason Discussion - FF 2015 season is over (congrats PX!)  (Read 81690 times)

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
Re: MotK Fantasy Football 2015 - ITT Vic Shouts About Football To No One
« Reply #270 on: October 02, 2015, 07:29:39 AM »
wow are the bengels really that high on the power rankings?

It's only been three weeks, but right now it's looking like the Patriots, Bengals, Packers, and Cardinals are several steps ahead of everyone else in the league.

(Would've put the Steelers there too if they didn't completely shit the bed tonight.)
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #271 on: October 02, 2015, 11:03:18 AM »
I called into the drive time sports talk show yesterday for their listener survivor pool and took Atlanta, so that's my completely unofficial not-valid pick this week. Hopefully this is not the week that the shine comes off the Falcons.

Even though the Panthers are undefeated (and will likely stay that way this weekend) I would not consider them an elite team. Adding Jared Allen at DE and getting Kuechly back will hopefully shore up the defense even more heading into Seattle after the bye.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #272 on: October 02, 2015, 03:39:07 PM »
"Say Vic, your Panthers sure are doing well right now.  I do believe they're undefeated!  Holy smokes, that sure is exciting!  How does that make you feel?"

FUCKING AWFUL!!!

By the grace of Cam Newton doing his best impression of Superman over the past three weeks do we have our wins so far.  The WR situation is still depressing as hell: Funchess is practically an afterthought, while Ginn and Philly "Now Don't Call Me Corey" Brown continue to drop key balls at inopportune times; not to mention Cotchery now limited by injury, and Olsen playing quietly until week 3.  Cam has more time to throw thanks to an improved O-line that is finally providing him time to stay in the pocket, but the targets all leave something to be desired.  Brenton Bersin was called up from the practice squad and actually made a few key grabs against the Saints!  I ripped on him earlier, but after a good showing by him during the preseason game against the Patriots (while Brown couldn't catch anything) I hoped he would stick around and possibly improve.  He can hopefully fit in as a WR3/4 until Cotchery comes back. 

J.Stew is hurt, fucking surprise!  Fozzy Bear Whittaker and Cameron Artis-Payne (CAP) will probably RBBC along with Tolbert if he's helathy until J.Stew comes back, but even with the improved line he hasn't been running with passion or ferocity.  Disappointing, especially for a team that now has to use Cam as the lead back on short yardage situations.  A team without reliable receiving targets should also not have concerns at RB.  Burn this team to the ground.

Defense finally gets Star Lotulelei back at DT to help stop the run, but Kuechly being out puts an awful lot of pressure on back-up AJ Klien, who needs to cover for him and also pick up after a dinged-up Thomas Davis.  Jared Allen comes in at DE after an extremely disappointing stint with the Bears.  Granted, he played in a scheme that did not fit his strength as a rusher, and the Panthers use the same scheme that brought him great success in Minnesota, but after 2 down years and his increasing age I wonder if he'll be able to return to his previous form. 

Our secondary is actually playing well, and by that I mean it's not great and Roman Harper is putrid but HOLY SHIT JOSH NORMAN!!!  Pick-6 against the Jags and important picks against the Texans and Saints prove that he's not only the most important Defensive player on the team currently, but that if this keeps up he's probably leaving this offseason to go get paid by someone with the cap room.  With that said, the Defense came out against the Saints and made everyone's favorite Verizon spokesman Luke McCown look GREAT!  He was perfect 7/7 in his first series and only threw one incompletion by halftime.  He finished the game at 31/38 for 310 yards and 1 INT, and had Josh Norman not played that ball perfectly we're talking about a backup coming in and torching the Panthers in an upset win. 

That first half was incredibly ugly football on both sides of that ball, because as successful as the D allowed the Saints to play as they claimed an early lead, the O was held up and made the Saints D look like they were coached by the good Ryan brother.  Cam to Olsen for that first (actually second) TD helped inspire the O, but really it was Cam putting the team on his back once again and winning through sheer brute force.

I miss Steve Smith and Cam is playing like a man possessed, currently I would only take Brady or Rodgers over Cam to run this team.  After the bye we have a difficult stretch: at Seattle, host Eagles (SNF), host Colts (MNF), and host the Packers.  Despite the slow starts by PHI and IND they could easily give the Panthers fits on national television, so let's see how the next few weeks play out.  Keep pounding!

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #273 on: October 02, 2015, 04:01:50 PM »
I'm just hoping we don't lay a fucking egg against the colts ;_;

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #274 on: October 02, 2015, 04:50:57 PM »
I'm just hoping we don't lay a fucking egg against the colts ;_;
Looking like the Colts may not have Luck starting...

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #275 on: October 03, 2015, 01:58:18 AM »
I like how my team literally has all the #2 running backs on all the bird teams (unless you count Sproles as the two the  fuck you)

And the only reason it's working is because literally every starting RB except Forsett is injured
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 02:01:08 AM by PX »

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #276 on: October 03, 2015, 02:07:38 PM »
I like how my team literally has all the #2 running backs on all the bird teams (unless you count Sproles as the two the  fuck you)

And the only reason it's working is because literally every starting RB except Forsett is injured
And Forsett is sucking anyway.

Kilgamayan

• True

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #278 on: October 03, 2015, 04:31:28 PM »

I'm losing to everyone because I'm not angry enough about football yet

Edit: MY SCHOOL IS LOSING TO 1-3 LOUISVILLE IN THE RAIN AND I'M JUST SO FUCKING
« Last Edit: October 03, 2015, 05:05:20 PM by Rin Kagamine »

« Reply #279 on: October 04, 2015, 12:10:22 AM »
Edit: MY SCHOOL IS LOSING TO 1-3 LOUISVILLE IN THE RAIN AND I'M JUST SO FUCKING

And we lost. NC State disappoints us again.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #280 on: October 04, 2015, 02:42:41 PM »
JAKE STONEBURNER IS SUCH A COOL NAME!  ALSO IT'S 10:40 AND I'M ALREADY DRUNK, LONDON GAMES ARE GREAT!!!

EDIT: FUCK I JUST REALIZED I'LL BE SOBERING UP DURING THE PANTHERS GAME! EXPECT RAGE AND ANGER!
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 02:51:28 PM by Rin Kagamine »

yuyukos

• ༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ Give Techies
  • ༼ つ ◕◡◕ ༽つ Techies were given.
« Reply #281 on: October 04, 2015, 04:53:11 PM »
Michael Vick and Brandon Weeden for starters this week, let me go start drinking now.
TF2Items | TF2B | Steam | Twitter
3DS FC - 2165-6416-7852

Edible

« Reply #282 on: October 04, 2015, 05:09:11 PM »
Michael Vick and Brandon Weeden for starters this week, let me go start drinking now.

Vic is way ahead of you man

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #283 on: October 04, 2015, 05:18:27 PM »
JAKE STONEBURNER IS SUCH A COOL NAME!  ALSO IT'S 10:40 AND I'M ALREADY DRUNK, LONDON GAMES ARE GREAT!!!

EDIT: FUCK I JUST REALIZED I'LL BE SOBERING UP DURING THE PANTHERS GAME! EXPECT RAGE AND ANGER!
You're playing Tampa. How could you possibly fuck this up?

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #284 on: October 04, 2015, 07:14:39 PM »
I am now literally starting Ted Ginn Jr. in a fantasy league.

Please for the love of god someone trade me a wide receiver ;_;

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #285 on: October 04, 2015, 08:31:36 PM »
HEY EDIBLE. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW EVERY FUCKING KICKER THAT WAS A JAGUAR SUCKS FUCKING ASS

Edible

« Reply #286 on: October 04, 2015, 08:32:13 PM »
HEY EDIBLE. HOW DOES IT FEEL TO KNOW EVERY FUCKING KICKER THAT WAS A JAGUAR SUCKS FUCKING ASS

fucking

fuck

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #287 on: October 04, 2015, 08:39:53 PM »
Vic is way ahead of you man
I actually slept through the first quarter of the Panthers game, would not recommend.

You're playing Tampa. How could you possibly fuck this up?
Don't question it, especially during division games.

fucking

fuck
Sucks man, but hey at least Ted Ginn Jr. scored some points.

« Reply #288 on: October 04, 2015, 10:43:54 PM »
all the survivor poll players survive yet again. lets keep it up, i guess

PX

• School Idol?
« Reply #289 on: October 04, 2015, 11:21:44 PM »
It's coming down to Russell Wilson vs Drew Brees. :getdown:

Nvm the cards shit the bed :<
« Last Edit: October 04, 2015, 11:32:25 PM by PX »

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗

Kilgamayan

• True
« Reply #291 on: October 05, 2015, 03:46:35 AM »
Don't even care, Allas/Aints was too funny for me to get mad

Edible

« Reply #292 on: October 05, 2015, 03:50:47 AM »
Looks like I'll be undefeated again this week, unless PX pulls off a miracle.

I'm gonna start making Undefeated of the East references.

Edible

« Reply #293 on: October 05, 2015, 06:29:04 PM »
I am now literally starting Ted Ginn Jr. in a fantasy league.

Please for the love of god someone trade me a wide receiver ;_;

I mean, I'm still gonna need one for next week, so feel free to trade me one :V

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #294 on: October 05, 2015, 07:20:09 PM »
Okay, sure. Which one of my long list of top-tier WRs are you interested in for next week?
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Edible

« Reply #295 on: October 05, 2015, 08:16:36 PM »
Look man, I can only colonvee so hard in that statement.

Edible

« Reply #296 on: October 06, 2015, 04:10:00 AM »
Seahawks win another game because referees can't penalize them correctly :V

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
Re: MotK Fantasy Football 2015 - Early Season Bye Weeks Are Dumb And Bad
« Reply #297 on: October 06, 2015, 01:55:23 PM »
Survivor pool update:
Vic, Edible, and yuyukos are all still out at 0-1 but hey now we have better things to do than waste 3 seconds picking a single game!
PX: 3-0 (Dallas, Indianapolis, Jets)
kagiyamahina: 3-0 (Arizona, Atlanta, Cincinnati)
Kilga: 3-0 (Minnesota, New England, Washington)

Despite the fluke win, my team is still the worst that ever worsted.  Jameis Winston should not be starting under any circumstances this year because he is CLEARLY not ready.  I don't know what Lovie Smith has against Mike Glennon (who has proven himself in limited starts to be a decent and capable QB but by no means a world beater) but he has shunned him from the start; first by bringing in Josh McCown and giving him the start without question, then throwing the rookie Winston ahead of him rather than sitting Winston to ensure that he's ready.  Sure Winston had a decent fantasy outing with 20+ points for me, but he threw 4 picks and I think lost a fumble?  He's awful and might be better in the future but he should be benched for now.  At least I only have to use him for another week.

Meanwhile I still have Teddy Bridgewater as my QB2 and he's awful for fantasy.  Do the Vikings even have any receivers on the roster or does everything just go through ADP?  Serious question btw, because Bridgewater is basically just a facilitator at this point.

Dear Chris Ivory, I'm very sorry for all the mean and hurtful things I wrote about you last week.  Please continue to clown opposing defenses for the rest of the season.  Kissies, Vic.

Per Yahoo recap bot: "Misaki Nekoarcs had their largest margin of victory so far this year at 8.64 points."  THAT'S THE TEAM I KNOW AND LOVE

Boy howdy I sure am glad I spent my first four picks on elite wide receivers, let's see how they're doing:
Antonio Brown: Was playing well under Big Ben, but now with Vick under center I doubt he'll be nearly as productive.
TY Hilton: meh
Odell Beckham Jr: This is twice that he's been a complete non-factor in the passing game.  Does Eli just not trust himself to get OBJ the ball?  Does he not trust OBJ to make a stunning catch regardless of coverage?  Know who had more fantasy points than OBJ this weekend?  Brenton Bersin!  The practice squad call-up WR5 afterthought-on-any-other-team from the Panthers.
MIKE EVANS: YOU FUCK!!!!!!

Lance Dunbar is out for the season with a torn ACL.  Regardless of fantasy implications, are the Cowboys cursed this year?  It's completely ridiculous how much is going wrong for them wrt player injuries.  If Jason Witten weren't made of titanium I would expect him to be out before long.

Who is the best RB for the Bengals: Jeremy Hill or Gio Bernard? Yes.

The Panthers are 4-0 heading into the bye week.  Why do they have bye weeks this early?  Bye weeks should be more towards the middle of the season, like weeks 7-11 because is a bye week really necessary in week 4?  Panthers should come out of this bye with a replenished roster, adding back Kuechly and Cotchery and ready to face Seattle at Century Link.  With the way that they have been playing, this second quarter of the Panthers schedule that was once seen as vicious has been mostly de-fanged.  Seattle looks troubled but is putting things back together, the Eagles are a dumpster fire, and the Colts are playing poorly and may not have a coach for much longer.  However, the Packers are still playing extremely well and even though we play host to them it'll likely be a tough loss.  Josh Norman is playing out of his fucking mind and is for all intents and purposes the best corner in the league, and I am highly interested to see if he continues to play at this level moving forward.  If so, then for the love of God pay this man some money!

Since the Panthers will not be on TV this weekend, I wonder what game they will show in its place?  I imagine that it will be the Falcons-Washington game.  The Falcons look great as well btw: Jones can catch and Freeman can pound the rock.  If the Panthers haven't played anyone, then the Falcons have had some extremely lucky breaks (and haven't played anyone) but I believe both teams will continue to play well this year and their two games in December should be very exciting!

Suwako Moriya

• Hey you with the pretty face
  • Welcome to the human race!
« Reply #298 on: October 06, 2015, 02:21:59 PM »
I'd like to point out that the person who objected to picking easy teams has done nothing but  ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
The only thing this dimension does well is show its ass. We might as well applaud it! - Albert Burneko

Well, this game happened.

Edible

« Reply #299 on: October 06, 2015, 02:52:20 PM »
The Jaguars are a horrible mess but at least I can take solace in the fact that for a second year running, we're not the worst team in Florida.

Fantasy-wise, I continue to roll out them wins (about as well as my actual team does not roll out them wins).  Next week I get to play Vic's team, half of which is on a bye.  I'm short a starter or two as well but I'm feeling confident.

Since the Panthers will not be on TV this weekend, I wonder what game they will show in its place?  I imagine that it will be the Falcons-Washington game.

Atlanta-Washington does seem to be the obvious choice for Fox; CBS is likely going to have St. Louis/Green Bay because it's going to be the default "everyone wants to watch it" game.  Coverage maps come out tomorrow, so we'll know then.