Author Topic: MotK Fantasy Football 2014 - At least fantasy Marshawn Lynch won a title  (Read 52649 times)

Giratina93

• The Great Titan of a Lost Realm
  • Behold, the Dark Lord of Distortion sees all
Re: MotK Fantasy Football 2014 - WE SUPERB OWL NOW
« Reply #360 on: February 02, 2015, 03:52:10 AM »
Good lord, that was amazing... I was in tears, and I come from Seahawk land... I didn't care who won, just that it was an amazing game... and this was glorious.
Why... why must weak humans destroy their world? Why can they not preserve that which they see so dear to them? Why must all life perish before immortality?

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #361 on: February 02, 2015, 03:59:18 AM »
Well.

ROFL SEAHAWKS for (literally) throwing that game away, but that was one hell of an exciting game.  And approximately a billion times better than last year.

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #362 on: February 02, 2015, 04:02:33 AM »
Fuck:
  • Whoever decided Tom Brady should be MVP with that awful performance
>74% completion rate
>New Super Bowl record for completions
>Ties Super Bowl record for passing TDs
>On opposing defense that has three Pro Bowlers in their starting secondary and is being hailed as possibly the best defense ever
>"awful performace"

yeah nah
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #363 on: February 02, 2015, 04:16:02 AM »
>74% completion rate
>New Super Bowl record for completions
>Ties Super Bowl record for passing TDs
>On opposing defense that has three Pro Bowlers in their starting secondary and is being hailed as possibly the best defense ever
>"awful performace"

yeah nah
I bet you're a blast in the PFT comments section

Kilgamayan

• True
  • The Real Treasure Is You
    • Let's Play Super Marisa World
« Reply #364 on: February 02, 2015, 04:17:09 AM »
Deadspin or bust!

EDIT: For the record, Edelman would have also been a very worthy recipient. Also, shame on them for not calling Butler to the stage during/after the trophy presentation.
[22:40:12] <Drake> "guys i donwloaded esod but its not workan"
[22:40:21] <Drake> REPORTED
[22:40:25] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> PROBATED
[22:40:30] <Drake> ORGASM
[22:40:32] <NaturallyOccurringChoja> FUCK YEAH

[22:28:39] <Edible> Mafia would be a much easier game if we were playing "spot the asshole"

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby
« Reply #365 on: February 02, 2015, 04:22:52 AM »
Brady is the boring but safe choice for mvp this game, imo.

It's not like the ravens or giants (#2) selecting flacco/eli when they were clearly not the best players on the field.

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #366 on: February 02, 2015, 04:33:42 AM »
Deadspin or bust!
The first half was sleep inducing in it's awfulness, and both of Brady's picks resonate so much than Wilson's pick; playing against a "legendary (and injured) secondary" and he should have carved them up for so much more than he did.

Butler deserved MVP for single (double) handedly saving the game, especially considering that last year they gave the MVP to Malcolm Smith for 1 (one) recovered fumble and 1 (one) interception returned for a touchdown.

Pete Carroll deserved MVP for The Worst Playcall In Super Bowl History.

Gronkowski deserved MVP for his TD reception and disrupting the Seattle secondary the entire game so that the rest of his team were able to make plays.

Tom Brady is boring and predictable in his old age, and he's never going to drive a Chevrolet Colorado, but I bet Butler would have loved it.

Then again, Aaron Rodgers won MVP of the league once again for "being the Packers QB" so imo all MVP awards should be eliminated.

Football sucks sports sucks hail satan

Rin Kagamine

• 核融合炉にさ / 飛び込んでみたい と思う
  • 真っ青な 光 包まれて奇麗
« Reply #367 on: February 02, 2015, 04:38:10 AM »
Also, Special Shoutout to NBC website for letterboxing the game to a ridiculous degree and then not having commercials during the game (because silence after huge plays is tortuous)

Menorah Jams, Pham

• I'm allergic to sushi. Everytime I eat more than 80 sushis, I barf
  • donde esta la biblioteca
« Reply #368 on: February 02, 2015, 04:07:17 PM »

Kiro

• Drinks: Everything
  • Sleeps: Anywhere
Re: MotK Fantasy Football 2014 - At least fantasy Marshawn Lynch won a title
« Reply #369 on: February 02, 2015, 09:02:48 PM »
Random factoid:

For some reason, my high school got picked (or paid money) to be in the NFL Super Bowl Rally commercial that appeared right after the 3rd quarter ended.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pRha3n5qrA

They're Arcadia High School and appear twice at 0:20 and 0:36. Back when I was in high school, the marching band was almost 400 students. I'm sure it's gone up a bit since then.

The football game was fantastic. A few of the guys put money on the Patriots +3.5 spread. So even when Wilson got intercepted at the end, they were still stressed because "the Patriots can't take a knee there, it'll be a safety and they'll only be up by 2 points." Then Seattle encroached. So much cheering at the end. It was a great time.