Author Topic: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai  (Read 222877 times)

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
Re: Rumia Quest Revival II - Phantoms of Makai
« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2018, 07:12:29 PM »
> "So we will all meet again at the tree behind the shrine?"
> If everyone agrees let's proceed

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2018, 07:24:33 PM »
> "So we will all meet again at the tree behind the shrine?"
> If everyone agrees let's proceed

> "I think it's better to meet at the Misty Lake rather than hang around Reimu's." Wriggle says. "Besides; who knows how long Cirno can hang around those three without starting another Fairy War. We can always just go to the tree later."

http://www.malevole.com/mv/misc/tribute/
I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.
Those two facts sum me up pretty well.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2018, 07:35:03 PM »
> "But didn't they destroy Cirno's house in the first place?"
> "Anyways back to the point, so Misty Lake then"
> Proceed with Louise, Kogasa, Mayina and Donita

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2018, 09:59:09 PM »
> "But didn't they destroy Cirno's house in the first place?"
> "Anyways back to the point, so Misty Lake then"
> Proceed with Louise, Kogasa, Mayina and Donita

> "Yes, but it was an accident." Daiyousei stammers, looking embarrassed. "And Cirno went too far and started fighting all the fairies... I don't like talking about it..."

> "Dai dosen't like remembering me beating her up." Cirno boasts.

> "Misty Lake." Wriggle confirms.

> Louise enters the passageway first, dragging Mayina with her. Donitia flies after quickly, with you following. Kogasa enters last.

> Almost as soon as you enter the passageway, everything starts to spin. A world of black and sweeping lights. Like stars in the night sky. This is all you can see for about twenty seconds, not even able able to move as the passageway pulls you forwards.

===

> Red. That is the predominant color before you. Everything is some shade or blend of red. The red sky with purple clouds. Scarlet laylines far more numerous than the very rare ones on Earth, visible through dark crimson ground. Blood-red hills in the distance. Occasionally, violet streaks of energy flash through the clouds. You can feel the magic; heavy in the air.

> "Welcome to Makai." Louise says. "We're out in the boonies here, so most of the magic is unrefined and wild here. Don't worry, not all of Makai is like this."

I don't even remember who put the above in my sig. [Wasn't me] Nor do I understand why I keep it here anymore.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2018, 10:11:32 PM »
> Do we feel any different?  Power level?
> "Looks very different from Gensokyo...  Being the Darkness Youkai, I do like the colors"
> "I can feel the magic just by being here, how concentrated is it?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2018, 10:14:53 PM »
>How is Kogasa holding up?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2018, 10:24:26 PM »
> Do we feel any different?  Power level?
> "Looks very different from Gensokyo...  Being the Darkness Youkai, I do like the colors"
> "I can feel the magic just by being here, how concentrated is it?"

> You feel a little woozy honestly.

> "Makai is a world of magic. It's hundreds of times stronger than Gensokyo's magical concentration." Louise states.

>How is Kogasa holding up?

> Kogasa hasn't appeared y... oh there she is.

> She looks around, swinging her umbrella as she does so.

> "I can't surprise anyone here, I stand out like a sore thumb..." she complains.

> If that's the first thing on her mind; she's probobly fine.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2018, 10:47:18 PM »
> "Louise, do you know some way to make us invisible or un noticeable?  We don't want to risk getting in to fights and harming Shinki's creations"
> How dark is it?

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2018, 11:37:05 PM »
> "Louise, do you know some way to make us invisible or un noticeable?  We don't want to risk getting in to fights and harming Shinki's creations"
> How dark is it?

> "She wouldn't intervene if it's within Makai; especially if they start fights. Besides, most beings in Makai could spot you even if you were invisible. You're a big patch of low magical energy. Regardless; even the perception spell I was using in Gensokyo basically required me to stay still while there was someone unaware of me around. So you'd be a stationary patch of no magic."

> Louise pauses. "That's why I was floating still in fights by the way. Didn't want the enemies to notice me. You saw me because you already knew I was there."

> It's kinda strange. It's dark; but it's also illuminated by all the red. Largely the laylines on the ground, which pulse like veins.

> Louise starts weaving magical sigils in the air. Blue lights start to spin around her back and legs. Then they do the same around you, and around Kogasa's... shoe on her umbrella.

> You feel lighter and your muscles feel relaxed. You also feel a surge of energy.

> "As I said before. We can simply outrun most trouble. I just cast a Haste spell on us. It should accelerate us to our destination. I recommend you stay close."

> Louise looks at Donitia. "You coming?"

> The fairy looks unsure, and then shrugs. "Nothing better to do."

> The fairy's stumps and wings glow blue as Louise weaves more magical sigils. She noticeably doesn't do this for Mayinia, who's chains are attached to the handle to Louise's luggage now.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2018, 11:41:01 PM »
//oof Mayina

>Feel kinda sorry for him.
>"So, where to?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2018, 11:50:16 PM »
//oof Mayina

>Feel kinda sorry for him.
>"So, where to?"

> You feel mildly sorry for the daemon. More hilariously he attempts to fly off when Louise isn't looking...  luggage and all; but seems incapable of budging her luggage.

> "We'll need to go to Makai's Capital region; Paradise." Louise states. "It's a city of ice and crystal, and in the center is Pandaemonium, Shinki's castle. It's unlikly we'll need to go there, but you should get to see it."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #101 on: November 14, 2018, 04:33:55 AM »
> Ponder the fact that both Reimu's Spell Card Rules don't apply here and Shinki won't mind if its in Makai and especially if they start the fight
> Drool a little because old habits die hard

> Snap out of it
> "You can lead the way, I'm not sure where we are"
> "If it helps with stealth, I can darken the area around us so we "blend in" with the gloomy scenery"
> If no one objects condense our darkness sphere to provide said coverage (don't make it too dark, or we will stand out as a pitch black sphere)

> Also Role Reversal, I guess now we are the tourist and Louise shows us around

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #102 on: November 15, 2018, 03:45:43 PM »
> Ponder the fact that both Reimu's Spell Card Rules don't apply here and Shinki won't mind if its in Makai and especially if they start the fight
> Drool a little because old habits die hard

> Snap out of it
> "You can lead the way, I'm not sure where we are"
> "If it helps with stealth, I can darken the area around us so we "blend in" with the gloomy scenery"
> If no one objects condense our darkness sphere to provide said coverage (don't make it too dark, or we will stand out as a pitch black sphere)

> Also Role Reversal, I guess now we are the tourist and Louise shows us around

> Would you get in trouble for bringing humans here? You ponder.

> "I see no reason why not to attempt that." Louise says; before she grabs her luggage and starts flying off in a direction with a speed that catches you off-guard, dragging the male daemon behind her."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #103 on: November 15, 2018, 03:54:03 PM »
> Adjust darkness to make us blend in with the scenery
> Fly in the center of our group so they all fit in our sphere, adjust radius if needed to cover everyone
> Is Kogasa keeping up?
> "This paradise area you mentioned sounds nice, is that where everyone lives?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #104 on: November 15, 2018, 08:59:09 PM »
> Adjust darkness to make us blend in with the scenery
> Fly in the center of our group so they all fit in our sphere, adjust radius if needed to cover everyone
> Is Kogasa keeping up?
> "This paradise area you mentioned sounds nice, is that where everyone lives?"

> It's not really possible to make black blend in naturally with red. But regardless; you can at least make your group a bit harder to spot.

> Kogasa is seeming to have trouble not overtakeing you all.

> "Paradise is a place where a lot of those who came from other worlds live. Makai is a place that is open to all who can stand the maisma and seek to study magic; after all. The natives of Makai usually dislike being rooted to one place and are wild and chaotic, like the magics of this world." Louise explains. "Of course, you get those natives who have settled there, or directly work on behalf of Lady Shinki so live there due to that."

> Louise pauses. "Makai dosen't have much in the way of settlements, kinda like Gensokyo. You get the odd village, shrine to Lady Shinki, but Paradise is the only real City of Makai. There used to be two... but Vina was destroyed a long time ago."

> A flock of strange creatures flies past, not too far away. Flying eyeballs it seems, complete with bat-like wings.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2018, 09:01:36 PM by Raikaria »

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #105 on: November 15, 2018, 10:05:09 PM »
> Quietly "What happened to the other city?"

> Quietly "Also what are those eye things over there?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #106 on: November 15, 2018, 11:35:19 PM »
> Quietly "What happened to the other city?"

> Quietly "Also what are those eye things over there?"

> "No-one knows exactly. The city was there, then ruins. Vina is a long way from Paradise. Not many make the trip so news was slow. But no-one ever came from Vina, and the city was in ruins and empty when traders arrived." Louise states. "Of  course, there's some who use the ruins for shelter these days, but there are no natives of Vina. At least, no-one who claims to be."

> "Evil Eyes. They're native wildlife. Pests really. Get too close and they'll start shooting magical rays from their eyes." Louise explains.

> Almost on cue, a small group of Makai fairies start fighting the Eyes. The fairies are winning, handily, striking down the eyes, and absorbing a purple mist they emanate from their wounds.

> Donitia is drooling.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #107 on: November 16, 2018, 05:15:57 AM »
> "You don't suppose that city being destroyed had to do with that Lumina person?"
// Add quest: Investigate Makai's Calamity

> Notice Donita drooling...
> "Are they ... tasty?"

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #108 on: November 16, 2018, 05:12:35 PM »
>"See something you like, Donnie?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #109 on: November 16, 2018, 06:48:28 PM »
> "You don't suppose that city being destroyed had to do with that Lumina person?"
// Add quest: Investigate Makai's Calamity

> Notice Donita drooling...
> "Are they ... tasty?"

>"See something you like, Donnie?"

> "It's possible. Both events were before my time. Of course, it's also unlikely. The tales don't even make it clear how long her rampage lasted. But the takes of Lumina don't mention Vina."

// Quest Added: Investigate Makai's Calamity

> "It's condensed magical energy..." the fairy says. "It's our favorite food..."

> "It's like a massive sugar rush for them." Louise explains. "Like fairies in your world are based off aspects of nature, nature in Makai is the Magical Maisma. So a condensed bunch of it is like candy for them."

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #110 on: November 16, 2018, 07:03:36 PM »
>"What does it taste like?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #111 on: November 16, 2018, 07:32:19 PM »
>"What does it taste like?"

> "Maisma, but sweeter and stronger." Donitia says.

Evil_Nazgul0616

• Seg Fault
  • ERROR
« Reply #112 on: November 16, 2018, 07:53:00 PM »
>"And what does miasma taste like?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #113 on: November 16, 2018, 08:38:47 PM »
>"And what does miasma taste like?"

> "Maisma..." Donitia says.

> "It's not like we know what food in your world tastes like." Mayina complains. "If you want to know what Maisma tastes like so much, take off that bubble and choke on it."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #114 on: November 16, 2018, 08:47:12 PM »
> "No thanks, I'm more of a meat person"
> Make our eyes glow bright red while we say this

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #115 on: November 16, 2018, 10:02:20 PM »
> "No thanks, I'm more of a meat person"
> Make our eyes glow bright red while we say this

> "Yes, I'm sure you'd love eating meat that's soaked in Maisma for a few Eons." the daemon responds; his eyes glowing magenta.

> Louise yanks the male's chain. This actually elicits a little yelp; especially as this movement lets you see the sores where he's being dragged by the hasted Louise. Donitia finds this amusing.

> The sky starts to change color, from merely 'crimson' to 'actually identical to blood'. You can feel something in the air change, and can hear a strange sound.

> "We need to find shelter." Louise says, looking around. "Be it natural or artificial."

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #116 on: November 16, 2018, 10:13:20 PM »
> Look around for any kind of overhang/cliff or structure that can provide "shelter"
> "Whats with the sky colors changing?  Is a storm forming?"

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #117 on: November 16, 2018, 11:39:03 PM »
> Look around for any kind of overhang/cliff or structure that can provide "shelter"
> "Whats with the sky colors changing?  Is a storm forming?"

> "Manastorm. Not that bad for me. But for you? Well, that bubble's only protecting your head. It won't do a lot to protect you from maisma getting into your body if the storm slices your skin." Louise says.

> You can see a sheltered area seemingly blasted out of a hill somewhat nearby. Further away you can see a few small structures. No more than ten.

Tom

• Programmer
    • LunarCast Network
« Reply #118 on: November 16, 2018, 11:59:40 PM »
> "Do you think we have enough time to get to those small structures out there?  Or should we hide in that sheltered area by the hill"
> Point to in the respective directions so Louise knows what we are talking about

Raikaria

• Do Tank Girls Dream...
  • Of Floating Eyeballs?
« Reply #119 on: November 17, 2018, 05:11:54 PM »
> "Do you think we have enough time to get to those small structures out there?  Or should we hide in that sheltered area by the hill"
> Point to in the respective directions so Louise knows what we are talking about

> "There's probobly enough time, but there may be unwanted attention given our prisoner, and you two." Louise states.