Author Topic: [Video Let's Play] Touhou Koukishin - Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity  (Read 15399 times)

Gesh86

• Buddha may forgive you...
  • but Byakuren won't!
Hello again fellow Maidens! You may remember that I threw a Let's Play of Tenjou no Tempest in your face almost a year ago now. Since it seemed to appeal to you folks, I promised that I would give you another Touhou-themed LP when I decided to make one. So I present to you...

Touhou Koukishin ? Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity

Cover art of casing:

Example screenshots (click to enlarge, also works for all other pictures in the thread):

This game should sound familiar to some of you, as we already have a thread for general discussion about it. To give some brief information, Touhou Koukishin is an action-rpg where you play as either Sakuya or Remilia to solve a mystery about a monster terrorizing the land. It's meant to be a reference to the Ys-series I always hear, but I can't exactly say how similar it is or if it's meant to resemble a certain installment. Nonetheless, if you like either this or Ys, chances are you'll like the other.

I thought a good while to make a Let's Play of Touhou Koukishin, but not because I don't like it. I do. Quite a lot. It's just that it will likely be the longest Let's Play I've made so far and that's always a mental barrier. I think it can work out, though!

Additional information:

- Sakuya is our character for this run. Since I don't want to pretend as if Remilia wasn't even an option, a bonus episode at the end will be dedicated to her, how she plays, what she can do and all.
- With the English patch, custom-difficulty can be set: In this playthrough, enemies deal 175% of their original damage and have 110% health. Bosses deal only 160% damage, but will have 125% health.
- I will put certain information, for example Bunbunmaru newspapers as well as information about the items/skills we use into the thread.
- There will be no PAD-jokes or hintings in that direction in this LP. If that's what you were hoping for, too bad!

Staying on that last bullet point, here are two in-game newspaper articles relevant to the first episode:

"Mysterious Monster Appears in Gensokyo" - The first newspaper Sakuya had. It says that the monster was spotted in the Youkai Mountain. The picture hardly looks credible.

This one is available immediately upon getting control of your character. Can't say much more about, it's the reason for our adventure.

"Mokele-mbembe Surfaces from the Misty Lake" - One of the newspapers found in Remilia's room. Says that Mokele-Mbembe was spotted at the Foggy Lake. The picture definitely shows a dinosaur-like beast surfacing from the lake.

You'll also see this one again at the lake at 11:20 in the video. Could also just be a beefy guy going for a swim, if you ask me.

Video list:

Part 1 - Perfect and Violent Maid (Intro/Stage 1)
Part 2 - Bully: Gensoukyan Edition (Stage 2)
Part 3 - DC just called... (Stage 3)
Part 4 - This Girl is on Fire! (Stage 4)
Part 5 - Ultimate Charisma Break (Stage 5)
Part 6 - Attack of the Killer Watermelon (Stage 6)
Part 7 - Down into the Rabbit Hole (Stage 7)
Part 8 - A Blast from the Past (Stage 8 )
Part 9 - Why does it always have to be...(Stage 9)
Part 10 - There is totally Strength in Numbers! (Stage 10)
Part 11 - A Head full of Honey (Stage 11)
Part 12 - Welcome to my Crib! (Stage 12)
Part 13 - Bioshock Finite (Stage 13 + partially Stage 14)
Part 14 - Cancelling the Cancelling of the Apocalypse (Stage 14)

Part 15 - The Labyrinth swallowed all... (Postgame part 1)
Part 16 - Maximizing our "MF" (Postgame part 2)
Part 17 - Unfriendly Save-Assistant (Postgame part 3)
Part 18 - Please Refrain from Gold-Knighting in this Thread (Postgame part 4)
Part 19 - Fate of One and Twenty Years (Postgame part 5)
Part 20 - It's Good that Some Touhous are as Anime as They Are (Postgame part 6)
Part 21 - Choose Your Own Agatha Christie Reference (Postgame part 7)
Part 22 - U.N. Owen Was Us! (Postgame final part)
Part Bonus - Septette for a Perfectly Undead Princess

Playlist (for the possible purpose of auto-play binge-watching)
« Last Edit: February 07, 2016, 08:22:57 PM by Gesh86 »

Hideki

• ~La, la, la~
  • Texas Chensaw Massacre
Re: [Video Let's Play] Touhou Koukishin - Adventures of Scarlet Curiosity
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2014, 12:17:28 PM »
Wait, this game has an English translation?  Could you link it if possible?

Badass bookworms

Reddyne

• Give me love and money. I have the rest already.
  • Love and money coming from you is what I need.
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2014, 01:00:30 PM »
Wait, this game has an English translation?  Could you link it if possible?
Same here! I juuuuuust got my copy a few days ago and haven't had the chance to play it yet. Someone on /jp/ said they were working on one at the time of the original release but it never seemed to go beyond that.

TA-DAAAAAAA! 61 blood donations and counting! 
Best Mile: 5:30
Best 5k: 18:07
Best Marathon: 3:23:16

Colticide

• Awoo!~
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2014, 01:21:25 PM »
Touhou Fugyouseki ~ Nightmare of Sleeping Girl English Patch
I run a crappy YouTube channel, check it out if you wish~

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2014, 09:25:22 AM »
Part 2 of our quest for revenge is out! I'm also happy to inform you that I've finally figured out how to thumbnail. Clicking any pictures in the thread will display them in their original, much bigger resolution. Here is another screenshot, important for the current development of the story:

"Villagers saved by flying luminescent object" - One of the newspapers found in Remilia's room. Some kind of monster is leading the lost through the Bamboo Forest. If I catch it, will it lead us to our monster?
I guess if we want to learn more about this, we need to get hopelessly lost in the forest ourselves.

Equipment and Skills used at the start of the episode:

Weapon: Superior Deck Brush (ATK: 40 ; Critical Chance: 20% ; Critical Power: 10% ; Item Drop: 16%)
Armor: Apron (Life: 78)
Accessory: Amethyst (Skill Points: 1 ; Skill Recovery: 2 ; Item Drop: 14%)

Skill 1: Close-Up Magic (Cost: 2 Points)
Skill 2: Knife Throw (Cost: 1 Point)
Skill 3: Wound Sign - Inscribed Red Soul (Spell)

Equipment and Skills used for the boss:

Spoiler:
Weapon: Damascus Knife (Life: 30% ; ATK: 65 ; Item Drop: 26%)
Accessory: Amethyst (Skill Points: 1 ; Skill Recovery: 2 ; Item Drop: 15%)

Skill 1: Charge Stub (Cost: 1 Point)
Skill 3: Wound Sign - Inscribed Red Soul (Spell)

An early-game setup with pretty much the lowest point-costs imaginable. Running out is going to be near impossible. Using the more expensive Time Paradox instead of Charge Stub was an option, but decided against it.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2014, 02:24:38 PM by Gesh86 »

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2014, 06:18:58 AM »
New episode part 3 and all that jazz! From here on, episodes should become less and less tutorialesque. Can't believe I hadn't really talked about the HP before...
Story screenshot for today is:

"Mystery of the Serpent's Seal" -One of the newspapers found in Remilia's room. A mysterious seal was found in Genbu Ravine, apparently.
"Imaginative illustration" and "Image is 3 years old" somewhat make me question the amount of seriousness put into this article. And the novelty. And it's the Bunbunmaru anyway.

Equipment and skills used at the start of the episode:

Weapon: Damascus Knife (Life: +30% ; ATK: 65 ; Item Drop: 26%)
Accessory: Amethyst (Skill Points: 1 ; Skill Recovery: 2 ; Item Drop: 15%)

Skill 1: Close-Up Magic (Cost: 2 Points)
Skill 3: Illusion Sign: Killing Doll (Spell)

Changes to equipment and skills throughout the video:

Spoiler:
Armor: Apron -> White Headband (Life: 156) -> Headdress (Life: 195 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 4% ; Item Drop: 17%)
Accessory: Amethyst -> Sapphire (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; Item Drop: 15%) -> Star Sapphire (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; Item Drop: 20%)
Skill 2: Knife Throw -> Serial Killer Maid (Cost: 2 Points)

Can't say it enough, that was some fine loot we got. It's not to be expected that you improve your gear so much, so easily at this point

Equipment and skills used for the boss:

Spoiler:
Weapon: Full Tang Hunter Knife (ATK: 73 ; Critical Chance: +9% ; Critical Power: +7% ; Item Drop: 12%)
Armor: Headdress (Life: 195 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 4% ; Item Drop: 17%)
Accessory: Star Sapphire (Skill Point: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; Item Drop: 20%)

Skill 1: Time Paradox (Cost: 3 Points)
Skill 2: Knife Dispenser (Cost: 2 Points)
Skill 3: Wound Sign: Inscribed Red Soul (Spell)

Pretty darn expensive this time, what a contrast. We're getting close to a skillset of this type becoming the norm. I think I did try to use Time Paradox at one point and couldn't afford it.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 07:52:47 AM by Gesh86 »

Third Eye Lem

• Time Ticker
  • Castle Bal
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2014, 08:37:17 AM »
Does this game have controller support? I'm thinking of giving this a shot.

Sahgren

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2014, 05:58:12 PM »
Yes it does. I used an XBox 360 controller to play through the game.

commandercool

• alter cool
« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2014, 10:53:48 PM »
Just last night I was thinking about your Tenjou No Tempest LP and wondering when you'd be doing your next Touhou video. Apparently a while ago and I'm just not that observant. Well good, that means I have a backlog of episodes to watch. :D
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #9 on: December 26, 2014, 10:08:21 PM »
Just last night I was thinking about your Tenjou No Tempest LP and wondering when you'd be doing your next Touhou video. Apparently a while ago and I'm just not that observant. Well good, that means I have a backlog of episodes to watch. :D
Always happy to hear that my work stays in someone's mind even a good while after it's done. Thanks!

Here's my Christmas* present for you all: Part 4! No newspaper clippings to show this time, just the setup-overview as always:

Weapon: Damascus Knife (Life: +30% ; ATK: 67 ; Item Drop: 30%)
Armor: Headdress (Life: 195 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 4% ; Item Drop: 17%)
Accessory: Star Sapphire (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; Item Drop: 20%)

Skill 1: Cleaning Maid (Cost: 3 Points)
Skill 2: Serial Killer Maid (Cost: 2 Points)

Spoiler:
Weapon: Damascus Knife -> Cinquedea (ATK: 75 ; Critical Chance: 3% Critical Power: 13% ; Item Drop: 31%)

Spoiler:
Weapon: Cinquedea (ATK: 75 ; Critical Chance: 3% Critical Power: 13% ; Item Drop: 31%)
Accessory: Ruby (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 4 ; Item Drop: 14%)

Around the festival area, we also found another Full Tang Hunter Knife (ATK: 74 ; Critical Chance: 11% ; Critical Power: 6% Item Drop: 13%). We didn't use it, but making the math again, I think it might have been the better choice to equip for the boss, if only very slightly so. Just thought I'd mention that.

Skill 1: Time Paradox (Cost: 3)
Skill 2: Silver Rain (Cost: 3)

On a different note: Patch 1.30 came out on December 25th. I believe it is a content patch and likely not compatible with the current translation patch at all. If you want to play in English, make sure to get version 1.06 and not accidentally the newer one. Already sent ed a message so that he knows the translation is in need of updating.

*Given that you would have gotten this episode regardless of the season, it really isn't much of a Christmas present. Just wrote that because I could!

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2015, 10:04:52 AM »
My little New Year's break is over and Part 5 is done! An episode that in a way, I was dreading since the very start. Though I think I've found the "middle" I was aiming for.

This time, we do have another newspaper clipping, here it is:

"Monster leaves Red Mist in its wake" - Mokou's newspaper. Source of the rumors surrounding Remilia. A red mist seems to be emanating from the foot of the mountain. The monster is said to appear shortly afterwards according to the human villagers.
The paragraph right under the Bunbunmaru logo is what shouts "VILLAINS!" in the Scarlet Devil Mansion's collective face.

Weapon: Cinquedea (ATK: 75 ; Critical Chance: 3% ; Critical Power: 13% ; Item Drop: 31%)
Accessory: Star Sapphire (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; Item Drop: 20%)

Skill 1: Propelling Silver (Cost: 4 Points)

Spoiler:
Accessory: Star Sapphire -> Moonlight Pearl (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; Item Drop: 57%)
We didn't end up equipping it yet, but the newly found  Cinquedea (ATK: 85 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 14% ; Item Drop: 40%) we picked up is indeed universally better than the old. We'll be using it next episode

Spoiler:
Gotcha! There isn't actually a boss in this level, you know.
This line and the next only exist so that it looks like there is a boss, but there isn't.
I'm self aware enough to know that this isn't really all that clever.

But you know, it has to be authentic.
Right here would be Skill nr. 2 and...
Skill nr. 3, and we're done with this charade.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 02:49:56 PM by Gesh86 »

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #11 on: February 06, 2015, 05:10:46 PM »
Part 6 is available and includes a short tutorial for our first shopping tour! No pictures of newspaper articles this time, instead, the one used for the previous episode is still topical and up-to-date.

Weapon: Cinquedea (ATK: 85 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 14% ; Item Drop: 40%)
Accessory: Moonlight Pearl (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; Item Drop: 57%)

Spoiler:
Armor: Headdress -> Headdress (Life: 198 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 5% ; Item Drop: 19%) (The one bought at Kourindo)

Spoiler:
Weapon: Twist Knife (ATK: 90 ; Critical Chance: 12% ; Critical Power: 10% ; Item Drop: 13%)
Armor: Headdress (Life: 198 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 5% ; Item Drop: 19%)
Accessory: Ruby (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 4 ; Item Drop: 14%)

Skill 3: Wound Sign: Inscribed Red Soul(Spell)

Here is also the panoramic screenshot that I promised at around 11 and a half minute in, showing the illustrious gathering spot for Moriya's believers:

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #12 on: February 23, 2015, 07:07:27 AM »
Just in time for another week to begin, part 7 is finished. There will likely be a longer delay than usual before I make the next episode, as I've got another project I need to squeeze in and get done asap.

Here's the excerpt leading us to today's location:

"Monster's Shadow Spotted in the Forest of Magic" - A newspaper given to you in the library's archives. The giant monster has appeared in the Forest of Magic. You feel like you recognize the building in the picture, even given the poort quality.
I also feel like I recognize the monster itself. It's like it has long, flowing hair...Kriemhild Gretchen? Let's hope not.

Weapon: Cinquedea (ATK: 85 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 14% ; Item Drop: 40%)
Accessory: Moonlight Pearl (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; Item Drop: 57%)

Spoiler:
Once we swap Propelling Silver for Cleaning Maid at around 12 minutes, we keep it for the short way until we reach the boss

Spoiler:
Weapon: Sterling Silver Dagger (ATK: 107 ; Critical Chance: 14% ; Critical Power: 12% ; Item Drop: 11%)
Armor: Big Ribbon (Life: 390 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 6% ; Item Drop: 15%)
Accessory: Star Ruby (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 4 ; Item Drop: 22%)

Skill 1: Charge Stub (Cost: 1 Point)
Skill 2: Silver Rain (Cost: 3 Points)

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2015, 06:07:32 AM »
It's been many, many weeks, but I'm back. Part 8 is ready for viewing. I hope you're very resistant for constant mentions of "Kengeki-this" and "Kengeki-that". I have a good reason though!

Another new excerpt, the last one we have at this very point in the story:

"Large Footprints Discovered in the Fairy Forest." - A newspaper given to you in the library's archives. The monster's tracks have been spotted in the Fairy Forest. This Fairy Forest is also at the foot of the Youkai Mountain. Is there some kind of relation?
If you look closely, it's not just a footprint, it's a shoeprint! No wonder the monster is rampaging, trying to find a pair in that size would drive anyone mad!

Equipment bought off-screen before the episode began:

I've made two purchases at Kourindou, for 9.000 coins each, both of which you could argue weren't wise, but we have the money. The first one was a Sterling Silver Dagger (ATK: 129 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 19% ; Item Drop: 15%). It was pretty much a buy to be on the safe side against bosses in case we got very unlucky, as the Sterling Silver Dagger we had for Stage 7 was actually kind of a poor specimen. I'm not going to say here if we ever use it.
The second purchase was another, slightly better Big Ribbon (see below for stats). The upgrade was probably not worth the effort, given how often I re-entered Kourindou for it. I don't know how I'm still sane after that...

Armor: Big Ribbon (Life: 355 ; Critical Chance: 5% ; Critical Power: 8% ; Item Drop: 18%)
Accessory: Moonlight Pearl (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ;  Item Drop: 57%)

Changes to equipment and skills throughout the episode:

Spoiler:
Weapon: Cinquedea -> Kikuchi-Monji (Life: 150 ; ATK: 106 ; Critical Chance: 16% ; Critical Power: 23% ; Item Drop: 17%)
The second Kikuchi-Monji is even better, but I didn't bother looking at it before the boss. See further below for details.
The Golden Knife will likely get used at the start of the next episode, but for this one, it would have been silly.
Once we swap Knife Dispenser for Silver Rain at around 10 minutes, we continue to wreck shop with it until the boss.

Spoiler:
Weapon: Kikuichi-Monji (Life: 150 ; ATK: 129 ; Critical Chance: 19% ; Critical Power: 22% ; Item Drop: 21%)
Armor: Big Ribbon (Life: 358 ; Critical Chance: 5% ; Critical Power: 8% ; Item Drop: 10%)
Accessory: Star Ruby (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 4 ;  Item Drop: 22%)

« Last Edit: March 31, 2015, 06:49:56 PM by Gesh86 »

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #14 on: April 24, 2015, 08:15:12 AM »
Next one is up! Part 9 arrived, just in time before the thread slides to the 2nd page of Akyu's Arcade, too. It's the biggest episode yet, but not as big as people who have played the game already may think. Due to certain trickery I used...
There is no new newspaper clipping for this stage, but the one from episode 3 is relevant again. To save you the trouble of jumping around in the thread, here it is once more:

"Mystery of the Serpent's Seal" -One of the newspapers found in Remilia's room. A mysterious seal was found in Genbu Ravine, apparently.

Weapon: Golden Knfe (ATK: 105 ; Critical Chance: 19% ; Critical Power: 4% ; Item Drop: 75%)
Armor: Big Ribbon (Life: 355 ; Critical Chance: 5% ; Critical Power: 8% ; Item Drop: 18%)
Accessory: Moonlight Pearl (Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ;  Item Drop: 57%)

Spoiler:
Armor: Big Ribbon -> Luminescent Ribbon (Life: 412 ; ATK: 11 ; Critical Chance: 5% ; Critical Power: 8% ; Item Drop: 24%)

Spoiler:
Weapon: Kikuichi Monji (Life: 150 ; ATK: 129 ; Critical Chance: 19% ; Critical Power: 22% ; Item Drop: 21%)
Armor: Luminescent Ribbon (Life: 412 ; ATK: 11 ; Critical Chance: 5% ; Critical Power: 8% ; Item Drop: 24%)
Accessory: Amulet of Certain Victory (Skill Points: 1 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; Critical Chance: 9% ; Critical Power: 15% Item Drop: 8%)

Skill 1: Knife Throw (Cost: 1 Point)
Skill 3: Scarred Soul: Soul Sculpture (Spell)
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 08:42:56 AM by Gesh86 »

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
It hasn't been as long this time. Part 10 is here and while humble at first sight, the happenings this time set bigger things in motion than they might let you expect.
We also acquire the newspaper of the day in this very episode for a change:

"Trouble in the Youkai Mountains" - The paper that Reimu almost burned. The red mist seems to be emanating from a geyser. Suwako denies the rumors around the Scarlet Devil Mansion. This looks like an article you've seen before...
Something that I've only noticed today: This newspaper is actually a yuckier beige and generally more used-looking when viewed than the all rest. A neat touch! Makes you understand why Reimu wanted to get rid of it...

Equipment bought off-screen before the episode began:

Not exactly before it began, but after visiting Kourindou and before selecting the Geyser, I went to Kourindou again and bought the Pink Diamond mentioned below for 12.000 coins. Now that we're not in that much need for drops any more, it is a good compromise to the Moonlight Pearl.

Weapon: Serpent's Fang (Skill Points: 1 ; Skill Recovery: 1 ; ATK: 179 ; Critical Chance: 16% ; Critical Power: 25% ; Item Drop: 15%)
Armor: Luminescent Ribbon (Life: 412 ; ATK: 11 ; Critical Chance: 5% ; Critical Power: 8% ; Item Drop: 24%)
Accessory: Pink Diamond (Skill Points: 3 ; Skill Recovery: 5 ; Item Drop: 27%)

Skill 2: Iwakiba Mountains (Cost: 4 Points)

Spoiler:
Weapon: Serpent's Fang (Skill Points: 1 ; Skill Recovery: 1 ; ATK: 179 ; Critical Chance: 16% ; Critical Power: 25% ; Item Drop: 15%)
Accessory: Amulet of Certain Victory (Skill Points: 1 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; Critical Chance: 9% ; Critical Power: 15% Item Drop: 8%)

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
The new Part 11 is here, so fresh it's still red-hot, just like the level it's about. There isn't really anything to post picture-wise this time, but the episode did give me a new idea for an avatar...

Spoiler:

The newer Amulet of Certain Victory that we found wasn't better. That's ok, it is unlikely for them to be much better than the one we have.

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #17 on: June 10, 2015, 08:35:27 AM »
Part 12 is here and it's not pulling any punches. Yeah, really hard and all. Ok, a little at least.
Spoiler:
I honestly have no real excuse for any suckage that may come our way at some point. It's really not harder than anything from Stage 11.

No fancy graphics to show you this time again, but just to not leave anyone who's curious hanging, what I mentioned at 9 minutes and 5 seconds is Touhou Nekokakyou, strip nr. 39 in particular. Huh, guy who made it actually is registered on our forum. Hello in case you read this!

Skill 2: Iwakiba Mountains (Cost: 4 Points)

Spoiler:
Armor: Luminescent Ribbon -> Luminescent Apron (Life: 550 ; ATK: 15 ; Critical Chance: 7% ; Critical Power: 11% ; Item Drop: 26%)
Lucky! You don't always find one of these in that box.

Spoiler:
Armor: Luminescent Apron (Life: 550 ; ATK: 15 ; Critical Chance: 7% ; Critical Power: 11% ; Item Drop: 26%)

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #18 on: June 26, 2015, 05:34:22 PM »
The unluckiest of parts, 13 is here (uploaded on a Friday, too)! Imagine how confusing it would be if I were like a superstitous hotel-owner and just skipped straight to 14.
There's a newspaper article from very long ago that I think I'll just remind you of. I also mention the subject again in the episode:

"Mokele-mbembe Surfaces from the Misty Lake" - One of the newspapers found in Remilia's room. Says that Mokele-Mbembe was spotted at the Foggy Lake. The picture definitely shows a dinosaur-like beast surfacing from the lake.

Weapon: Blooming World (Life: +10% ; ATK: 270 ; Critical Chance: 22% ; Critical Power: 30% ; Item Drop: 17%)
Armor: Luminescent Apron (Life: 550 ; ATK: 15 ; Critical Chance: 7% ; Critical Power: 11% ; Item Drop: 26%)
Accessory: Scarlet Heart Diamond (Life: +10% ; Skill Points: 4 ; Skill Recovery: 7 ; Critical Chance: 6% ; Critical Power: 10% ; Item Drop: 23%)

Finally, we are not holding back as badly any more when it comes to items and you can probably notice how quickly enemies are dying to us. We keep the Luminescent Apron for now because we haven't been wearing it for very long. It deserves some appreciation.

Spoiler:
No boss here, sorry! Reaching one in this video would make it +40 minutes in length and I don't like that.
I'm a pretty firm believer in the recommendation that the ideal VLP-episode size is 5-20 minutes.
(Which I'm technically overshooting here a lot of times, but not by that much)

Masking this again to make it seem
like there really is a boss. Know it's
recycling an idea but whatever!

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #19 on: July 14, 2015, 06:16:19 AM »
Here's part 14 as a conclusion to the unfinished stage from last time. It features a reveal that I've been looking forward to showing more than any other moment in the Let's Play so far. You'll know which one it is.
Spoiler:
And sorry again for delaying the next part like I said near the end of the video, but I think I really need it. Also, getting halfway good at what's to come is going to take some extended practice. On my personal first playthough I died so many times...

Weapon: Blooming World (Life: +10% ; ATK: 270 ; Critical Chance: 22% ; Critical Power: 30% ; Item Drop: 17%)
Armor: Maid Uniform of the Moon (Life: 700 ; ATK: 22 ; Critical Chance: 9% ; Critical Power: 17%)
Accessory: Scarlet Heart Diamond (Life: +10% ; Skill Points: 4 ; Skill Recovery: 7 ; Critical Chance: 6% ; Critical Power: 9% ; Item Drop: 25%)

I think it was about time we wear the best armor, too.

Spoiler:
Armor: Maid Uniform of the Moon (Life: 700 ; ATK: 22 ; Critical Chance: 9% ; Critical Power: 17%)
Accessory: Scarlet Heart Diamond (Life: +10% ; Skill Points: 4 ; Skill Recovery: 7 ; Critical Chance: 6% ; Critical Power: 9% ; Item Drop: 25%)

There was of course that small change of Skill 1 to Time Paradox at the 17 minute mark...

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #20 on: September 13, 2015, 06:05:20 PM »
I always got the feeling, 50% of the time Youtubers announce a longer hiatus to a project, they don't actually end up coming back to it. This one, we're bringing back today. Part 15!

Weapon: Water Cutter (Life: + 15% ; ATK: 323 ; Critical Chance: 19% ; Critical Power: 24% ; Item Drop: 7%)
Armor: Libra Ensemble (Life: 782 ; Skill Recovery: 2 ; Critical Chance: 6% ; Critical Power: 17% ; Item Drop: 30%)

Answers to where 2/3 of these items even come from are in the video, hopefully the explanation wasn't too convoluted.

Spoiler:
Accessory: Scarlet Heart Diamond -> Pluto Spinell (Life: 140 ; Skill Points: 1 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; ATK: 45 ; Critical Chance: 8% ; Critical Power: 18% ; Item Drop: 15%)

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #21 on: September 27, 2015, 07:28:48 PM »
Exactly 2 weeks have passed and we have the next, 16th part! It's a rhythm that I would like very much to keep up, but I'm pretty sure I won't exactly be able to  :blush:.

Weapon: Water Cutter (Life: + 15% ; ATK: 323 ; Critical Chance: 19% ; Critical Power: 24% ; Item Drop: 7%)
Armor: Libra Ensemble (Life: 782 ; Skill Recovery: 2 ; Critical Chance: 6% ; Critical Power: 17% ; Item Drop: 30%)
Accessory: Pluto Spinel (Life: 140 ; Skill Points: 1 ; Skill Recovery: 3 ; ATK: 45 ; Critical Chance: 8% ; Critical Power: 18% ; Item Drop: 15%)

Spoiler:
Skill 2: Silver Rain -> Strong Knife (Cost: 2 Points)
Skill 1: Cleaning Maid -> Driad Effect (Cost: 2 Points)
Weapon: Water Cutter -> Pilfering Knife (Life: -15% ; ATK: 353 ; Critical Chance: 14% ; Critical Power: 26% ; Item Drop: 142%)
Accessory: Pluto Spinel -> Heliodor Venus (Life: 381 ; Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 4 ; ATK: 70 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 9% ; Item Drop: 15%)

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2015, 01:31:27 PM »
I hope not all of you are too busy playing Civilization Beyond Earth: Rising Tide* to watch part 17! The next one in the future might take a while to make. The last three were from the same recording session and what's coming up is harsh, very harsh to play. I might also slip a single video of Gensou Skydrift in between if it's frustrating me too much.
*I highly doubt you are. I often feel like I'm the only one who likes that game...

Weapon: Pilfering Knife (Life: -15% ; ATK: 353 ; Critical Chance: 14% ; Critical Power: 26% ; Item Drop: 142%)
Accessory: Heliodor Venus (Life: 381 ; Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 4 ; ATK: 70 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 9% ; Item Drop: 15%)

Skill 1: Driad Effect (Cost: 2 Points)
Skill 2: Strong Knife (Cost: 2 Points)

Spoiler:
Skill 2: Strong Knife -> Perfect Rain (Cost: 3 Points)

Spoiler:
Accessory: Heliodor Venus (Life: 381 ; Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 4 ; ATK: 70 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 9% ; Item Drop: 15%)

Skill 2: Perfect Rain (Cost: 3 Points)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:15:30 PM by Gesh86 »

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2015, 07:27:26 AM »
We reached a small milestone last time, but the Labyrinth is still continuing! Part 18 throws us back into its depths.

Weapon: Pilfering Knife (Life: -15% ; ATK: 353 ; Critical Chance: 14% ; Critical Power: 26% ; Item Drop: 142%)
Armor: Aries Bustier (Life: 1120 ; Skill Recovery: 2 ; Critical Chance: 8% ; Critical Power: 13% ; Item Drop: 28%)
Accessory: Neptune Malachite (Life: 342 ; Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 4 ; ATK: 55 ; Critical Chance: 9% ; Critical Power: 15% ; Item Drop: 16%)

Both the Aries Bustier and Neptune Malachite come from the mentioned off-screened gamble-vaganza.

Spoiler:
Skill 1: Driad Effect -> Blood Moon (Cost: 3 Points)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 11:13:36 PM by Gesh86 »

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #24 on: November 17, 2015, 11:12:08 PM »
Just in time to celebrate a certain birthday today (not mine, I'll reveal which one in the video), I have finished part 19!

Armor: Aries Bustier (Life: 1120 ; Skill Recovery: 2 ; Critical Chance: 8% ; Critical Power: 13% ; Item Drop: 28%)
Accessory: Neptune Malachite (Life: 342 ; Skill Points: 2 ; Skill Recovery: 4 ; ATK: 55 ; Critical Chance: 9% ; Critical Power: 15% ; Item Drop: 16%)

Skill 1: Blood Moon (Cost: 3 Points)

Spoiler:
Accessory: Neptune Malachite -> Saturn Rutile (Life: 838 ; Skill Points: 3 ; Skill Recovery: 6 ; ATK: 131 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 13% ; Item Drop: 20%)

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2015, 08:18:00 PM »
There are some instances in part 20 where I feel I come across as a little douchey  :blush:. Hopefully I'm just being too hard on myself, I'll let you be the judge.

Accessory: Saturn Rutile (Life: 838 ; Skill Points: 3 ; Skill Recovery: 6 ; ATK: 131 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 13% ; Item Drop: 20%)

Spoiler:
Armor: Aries Bustier -> Sagittarius Form (Life: 1711 ; Critical Chance: 3% ; Critical Power: 9% ; Item Drop: 14%)
The other Saturn Rutile found near the end of the episode was equipped off-camera. Its stats will be in the post for episode 21 when it's out.

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #26 on: December 13, 2015, 09:59:03 AM »
Part 21 has a special moment, the milestone I've been looking forward to for a good while. I just wish it...well, the less said at this point the better.

Armor: Sagittarius Form (Life: 1711 ; Critical Chance: 3% ; Critical Power: 9% ; Item Drop: 14%)
Accessory: Saturn Rutile (Life: 972 ; Skill Points: 3 ; Skill Recovery: 6 ; ATK: 171 ; Critical Chance: 4% ; Critical Power: 15% ; Item Drop: 13%)

Spoiler:
Weapon: Pilfering Knife -> Greed Knife (Life: -30% ; ATK: 512 ; Item Drop: 357%)
Weapon: Greed Knife -> Doujikiri Yasuzuna (ATK: 574 ; Critical Chance: 12% ; Critical Power: 29% ; Item Drop: 6%)

Spoiler:
Weapon: Big Bang Knife (ATK: 842 ; Critical Chance: 14% ; Critical Power: 13%)
Armor: Aquarius Empire (Life: 1811 ; Skill Recovery: 2 ; Critical Chance: 8% ; Critical Power: 15% ; Item Drop: 28%)
Accessory: Galaxy Aura (Life: 1204 ; Skill Points: 3 ; Skill Recovery: 7 ; ATK: 202 ; Critical Chance: 9% ; Critical Power: 19%)

All of this stuff was of course gambled before the boss-fight. I can't not tell you about the Big Bang Knife's description. It says: "An evil dagger. Its power is comparable to the forces that catalyzed the universe's creation." Uh-huh. So I guess we're in DBZ-territory or something now? While they're jumping the shark in terms of writing here, it's still a crazy-good weapon. It seems to make a set with the Galaxy Dress and the Galaxy Aura. We have a Galaxy Dress, but I don't find it preferable to the Aquarius Empire.

I'm unsure if Driad Effect is actually a better boss-killer than Blood Moon. If anything, it's a close race.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2015, 10:03:22 AM by Gesh86 »

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #27 on: January 02, 2016, 08:49:16 AM »
A happy new year to all of you! The time has come, our final part 22 is here and it's quite a big episode. I wonder if even people familiar with the game know of the upcoming loose ends, or if most assume it's just over when they've defeated Flandre. ::)
No equipment or skill lists for this one. You'll find out that it wouldn't make much sense to have them and anything that is used is talked about at some point anyway.

Again I'd like to thank everyone for watching and I hope you enjoyed. I'll revive the thread one more time for the bonus when it arrives. I hope I'll be somewhat accurate with my estimate of February.

Gesh86

• but Byakuren won't!
« Reply #28 on: February 07, 2016, 08:22:30 PM »
15 months ago...no, that's not the time since I promised to make this here bonus episode, but when the whole LP started. The bonus is pretty much on time as predicted  :D.
That's all, folks!