Author Topic: Fire Emblem Heroes: Like Fire Emblem But It's Chibi And It Lives In Your Phone  (Read 135991 times)

commandercool

• alter cool
And they're trivial on what's already the easiest PVP map, Mountain With Split Starting Areas.
I made a PADHerder. It's probably out of date though.

Hikarin

• 別に意味はない。
  • 本当にメイドですね。。。
Someone has to make standardized names for these maps. Calling them exactly what they are makes them all sound like ancient Kung Fu techniques.
"You are ready. Prepare yourself. I shall teach you, 'Mountain with Split Starting Areas!'"

...maybe that's a bad analogy. Just saying that it sounds kinda silly and we need real names.

PADherder <3 Updated 8/13/2017!

commandercool

• alter cool

Look guys, I made Camilla into a shitty MRobin! I have no idea if this will work (the -HP really stings) but if I can shoehorn more Camillas into my team I'm gonna try. And I have tons of Subakis to spare...

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
  • Just chilling like a hermit.
use bait if possible, dancers can and will go for the attack if someone is in range (not possible on every map)

or just try to split up their forces and have someone take a hit from the smaller, more manageable detachment (example: felicia vs mages)
That what I had to do ALL OF MY MATCHES and I usually end up being left with Priscilla and Camilla to clean up the trash.
My danmakucopter goes pew pew pew!

Check out my newb PAD box it's a thing right?

That what I had to do ALL OF MY MATCHES and I usually end up being left with Priscilla and Camilla to clean up the trash.

you might just have a bad composition against common teams right now

using a healer is probably part of the issue because in randomized, uncontrolled fights they offer the least advantage in this game, never use healers because they suck right now

commandercool

• alter cool
I mean, that depends a tiny bit on how your team is structured. I feel like FCorrin is very synergistic with healers since she bogs down the enemy team so much with debuffs that the added longevity make a huge difference. Most of the time that's definitely not the case, and I still don't use a healer with my FCorrin, but sometimes I use a Lyn with Ardent Sacrifice and it can be pretty swingy in some matches.

I mean, that depends a tiny bit on how your team is structured. I feel like FCorrin is very synergistic with healers since she bogs down the enemy team so much with debuffs that the added longevity make a huge difference. Most of the time that's definitely not the case, and I still don't use a healer with my FCorrin, but sometimes I use a Lyn with Ardent Sacrifice and it can be pretty swingy in some matches.

It's really the unfortunate side effect of the game having 100% hit rates no matter what, super low movement, jacked up damage mods and the classic FE AI strategy of just ramming into you as fast and hard as possible. If three dudes are lined up and ready to advance on you, and you only have two and a dancer who can barely kill two of them, you're going to lose a guy probably. You just need as many able attackers as possible.

commandercool

• alter cool
I wonder if we'll ever see more Runesword/Nosferatu-esque effects? There are some in Sol, Absorb, and a few spells with flat healing after hit (like SCamilla's), but a full-on Nosferatu mage would be interesting.

Of course no matter what kind of tank you have you're limited by the fact that you can only hit close or at range, which can lead to weird situations where you can bottleneck things or completely get mobbed.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
you might just have a bad composition against common teams right now

using a healer is probably part of the issue because in randomized, uncontrolled fights they offer the least advantage in this game, never use healers because they suck right now
My Priscilla has been SAVING MY ASS ALOT.

Edible

• One part the F?hrer, one part the Pope
  • It's the inevitable return, baby

Arena bonus units for the next two weeks.

The Greatest Dog

• Grazing at Mach 10
  • 90 Frames per Second GO!
aw yes I love mediocre units

I guess I can carry a level 1 Alphonse around... Maybe.

commandercool

• alter cool

But you might not need as much ass saving wit h another attacker on your team...

Arena bonus units for the next two weeks.

Yaaay this'll be the only time I'll have ever had the option of playing four 5*s!

Also where is Michalis? I just ate mine so I sure hope he doesn't turn up later.

Edit: Nevermind, I missed him in the upper right there somehow.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2017, 06:41:49 PM by commandercool »

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
I will admit that out of 4 single pulls out of the rem, I did not expect only 1 of them to offer a green unit. And even then, only 1. What. The. Heck. If assuming each color has equal probability of appearing in one of the five slots, there's a legit 1% chance of this happening to me.
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
Is it just me or have crystals become really un-useful since inheritance? They effectively reduce the amount of SP you gain by skipping killing a bunch of enemies, which seems like something you really wouldn't want to do at this point.

Meanwhile, Iote's Shield/Quick Riposte SCamilla has been performing surprisingly well in PVP. Well enough that I don't think I have a problem replacing MRobin with her most of the time, although I definitely lose to 3+ Takumis almost all the time now I think, so that's not great.

But you might not need as much ass saving wit h another attacker on your team...

Pretty much this. Currently the game is very leaning towards having as many one-round kills happen as possible, which means there is no chance to heal. Can't even activate any balms unless you can heal someone for 1HP or have the healer survive combat (haha...)

Edible

Is it just me or have crystals become really un-useful since inheritance? They effectively reduce the amount of SP you gain by skipping killing a bunch of enemies, which seems like something you really wouldn't want to do at this point.

I use crystals to get a character from 0 to 20, and then 39 to 40.  I don't think the extra SP is necessarily worth it from a time investment standpoint, though it is almost certainly more efficient if you're going to be inheriting a lot of skills.

commandercool

• alter cool
Tuesday I'm going to 5* my Olivia and she's going on my main team. Right now I have her set up like this:

Weapon: Silver Sword
Action: Dance
Critical hit: Moonbow
A ability: Fury
B ability: ???
C ability: Tentatively Spur Def

I'm still not sure what's going in slot B, but I like the idea of Desperation. Olivia with Fury is surprisingly hard to one-shot and hots surprisingly hard, so this should let me bait and one-shot a lot of things including Takumi, Julia and (I think) Hector.

Anybody got any better ideas? What do dancers usually run in that slot?

Edible

Wings of Mercy for B is almost definitely the right choice there.

commandercool

• alter cool
Ooh right right. Yeah, I didn't have one of those before, but I recently pulled another source of it. That makes a lot of sense. Although I find my Wings Of Mercy Camilla unable to use it by a couple of HP quit often when I wish I had it. Then again she needs to teleport adjacent to enemies whereas Olivia doesn't, so yeah, that makes sense.

FCorrin is extremely hard to one-shot too (unless you're Julia) so she tends to hang around at low HP a lot. Unfortunately a neutral attack Lucina misses knocking her down to 40% by a few HP the way I have her right now, so I may need to cut her +HP A skill. Not sure what I would replace it with, and it does save my ass at times, but it might be worth picking something else for use with teams that have Wings Of Mercy 2 users.

I'm still not sure what's going in slot B, but I like the idea of Desperation. Olivia with Fury is surprisingly hard to one-shot and hots surprisingly hard, so this should let me bait and one-shot a lot of things including Takumi, Julia and (I think) Hector.

Desp creates a possibility where you can purposely let her get hit and turn her into a ORKO unit. She will almost definitely outspeed most units, so it will usually be two instant hits.

Mеа

• catnapping
  • three dots connect to rectangles
If you're using her as bait with fury, wouldn't escape route be preferable over wings of mercy?
Naked expression; purple raspberry flavour

commandercool

• alter cool
I don't think using her as bait is necessarily plan A, since she's hard to one-shot but extremely easy to two-shot so I don't really WANT her in combat. Also, the only spare Escape Route I have is only Escape Route 1. Which might be okay with her since she ends up at 1 HP fairly often, but I don't know. Honestly wouldn't be hard to also staple that on there and give it a test run. That's a pretty marginal amount of SP all things considered.

commandercool

• alter cool
Ooh, new voting gauntlet is wyvern riders vs pegasus knights. Camilla will probably actually win this. Plus, a banner with Hinoka means I have at least a tiny chance to get Hone Fliers to cannibalize onto another unit.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Pretty much this. Currently the game is very leaning towards having as many one-round kills happen as possible, which means there is no chance to heal. Can't even activate any balms unless you can heal someone for 1HP or have the healer survive combat (haha...)
I have rehablitate with imbue on Priscilla, but to be honest I do have other attackers on my team.

Edit: OOOOOH that's what is going on and why there's a pegasus and wyvern rider gacha machine that makes sense.

commandercool

• alter cool
I have rehablitate with imbue on Priscilla, but to be honest I do have other attackers on my team.

Well yeah, I don't think anyone was assuming you didn't have other attackers. It's just that four attackers is often much much better than three.

Who's on your team? I'm not necessarily of the opinion that healers aren't viable at all, I think it just takes a real specific composition.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
Well yeah, I don't think anyone was assuming you didn't have other attackers. It's just that four attackers is often much much better than three.

Who's on your team? I'm not necessarily of the opinion that healers aren't viable at all, I think it just takes a real specific composition.
Lyn or Roy, Camilla, Priscilla, and FRobin

commandercool

• alter cool
That's actually exactly my team (if you have Lyn on it) except I have FCorrin instead of Priscilla. If I was to use a healer it would generally be to help FCorrin since she's one of if not the most consistent tanks in the game, and you are lacking her.

There's definitely some merit to having a healer with Lyn too. She's hard to one-shot but easy to two-shot, so healers can really keep her rolling while letting her charge Gale Force and generally leaving her at low enough health to trigger her abilities if she takes hits every turn.

That said, I no longer run a healer with Lyn or FCorrin because as well as they work together I'd rather just run more hard counters to units I would otherwise struggle with.

MewMewHeart

• Hermit Mode on!
That's actually exactly my team (if you have Lyn on it) except I have FCorrin instead of Priscilla. If I was to use a healer it would generally be to help FCorrin since she's one of if not the most consistent tanks in the game, and you are lacking her.

There's definitely some merit to having a healer with Lyn too. She's hard to one-shot but easy to two-shot, so healers can really keep her rolling while letting her charge Gale Force and generally leaving her at low enough health to trigger her abilities if she takes hits every turn.

That said, I no longer run a healer with Lyn or FCorrin because as well as they work together I'd rather just run more hard counters to units I would otherwise struggle with.
I do have FCorrin and rather she's level 32, it's just most of my matches have been blue units with a mix of dance and red. However I might get FCorrin some fun too.

Edible

Blergh.  24 hours took me from ~21k to 33k in Arena rank, and I can't really do any better than 4386 when toting Lucius's useless ass around.

BT

• I never talk to you
  • People say that I should
Are the starting bonus +2 daily orbs over for good?