Author Topic: SWR and IaMP - Story Mode Spellcards  (Read 42139 times)

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
Re: SWR and IaMP - Story Mode Spellcards
« Reply #150 on: November 28, 2009, 07:47:19 PM »
Gensokyo fighting is much more intense than boxing m'boy. There you continue to fight until you cannot fight anymore!

Yeah... that's all fine, but...
I can only get up 3 times in 5-8 fights with them getting up 2-5 times each?  That's bullshit!

I wish they can still give us chances for extra lives.

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #151 on: November 29, 2009, 05:12:45 PM »
AAAGHGAAAGHGHAHGHAGH

How the hell am I supposed to do Cirno's last spellcard on Lunatic, with Sanae. The one where she shoots circles of large ice crystals that shatter into smaller crystals. I can't seem to beat it without losing a life. I've come incredibly close, but I must just be doing something wrong... I rarely find an opening to attack without getting hit. At least, not an opening that can actually hit Cirno.

Also, in Meiling's Hard Mode, I need help with Patchy's first spellcard(Flaming Wheels) and with Reimu's "Fantasy Seal -Blink-"(With hax border-defying movement and blue squares).
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 05:14:46 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

c l e a r

• Carousel of Agony
« Reply #152 on: November 29, 2009, 06:30:50 PM »
Well, I also need help on Meiling, how do I do her Frangrance Wave, I cannot pull it off...

For Fantasy Seal Blink, if you can't run past the lasers, fly, and do a neutral C.  Reimu will or will not fly right into it.  Don't attack her when she stops, those lasers will block any and all projectiles coming through.  (Plus, her circle is red when she is flying around)

For Minus K on Hard at least, I kind of break the Ice chunks with her down B, and try to clear a path to Cirno.  If she is all the way above the screen and in red, hit the down C right under her, she will lose a lot of Spell bar that way.

Someone tell me how to do Pachy's spells too, unless I can pull off Fragrance Wave consistently.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 06:35:44 PM by c l e a r »

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #153 on: November 29, 2009, 06:44:31 PM »
For Minus K on Hard at least, I kind of break the Ice chunks with her down B, and try to clear a path to Cirno.  If she is all the way above the screen and in red, hit the down C right under her, she will lose a lot of Spell bar that way.
This doesn't really work so well in Lunatic, there are just too many things clogging the screen. The 2C part is the right thing to do I believe, but I usually end up getting mass comboed by icicles before I can start dashing out of it. Default 236 works great since it grazes and good damage but the same thing generally happens.

I've also tried using the Suwako bubble but even if I've already got max level in it, it usually pops and I get hit while attacking Cirno. On the upside I can usually score a good hit on her while she has the red circle, and Suwako takes a good amount of the icicles, but...

For Patchy's first Spellcard Fire Sign "Ring of Agni", I think your supposed to misdirect it. I've experimented with misdirecting it upwards and that seems less difficult to do, but I still can't really do that card.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 06:46:14 PM by NeoSerela »
<mauvecow> see this is how evil works in reality, it just wears you down with bureaucracy until you don't care anymore

« Reply #154 on: November 29, 2009, 09:00:23 PM »
So I got IaMP a few days ago, v1.11, English patched and everything. I only have the starting six girls, and I think I have a fairly good grip on the game mechanics so far, enough to get me through Arcade Mode Normal.

Then I tried Story Mode. It ended at Stage 4, during Youmu's spellcard First Sign [Double Pain], in which Myon turns into a body double of Youmu and attacks. I can't do this card, Myon always catches me in hitstun until I get out, only for Youmu to catch me instead.

I'm using Sakuya. First spellcard is Illusion Sign [Killing Doll], second is Scarred Soul [Soul Sculpture]. D:

EDIT: These requirements for unlocking the rest of the cast for Story Mode are making me cry.
« Last Edit: November 29, 2009, 09:03:30 PM by Serafie »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
« Reply #155 on: November 29, 2009, 09:47:39 PM »
Then I tried Story Mode. It ended at Stage 4, during Youmu's spellcard First Sign [Double Pain], in which Myon turns into a body double of Youmu and attacks. I can't do this card, Myon always catches me in hitstun until I get out, only for Youmu to catch me instead.

Welcome to hell

Fun fact: It turns into [Triple Pain] on lunatic.

« Reply #156 on: November 29, 2009, 09:51:30 PM »
So I got IaMP a few days ago, v1.11, English patched and everything. I only have the starting six girls, and I think I have a fairly good grip on the game mechanics so far, enough to get me through Arcade Mode Normal.

I'm using Sakuya. First spellcard is Illusion Sign [Killing Doll], second is Scarred Soul [Soul Sculpture]. D:

EDIT: These requirements for unlocking the rest of the cast for Story Mode are making me cry.
Whenever the clone attacks, dash through it (all of its attacks are grazable despite appearances) and punch Youmu in the face.

Be thankful you aren't dealing with Triple Pain on Lunatic :V

« Reply #157 on: December 18, 2009, 12:50:18 AM »
(brb gravedigging thread)

Uh, so I pretty much gave up on Sakuya and beat Story Mode with Patchy instead. I'm trying it with Reimu now, and it's going a lot easier with her...until Remilia.

I can actually do pretty well on her for the most part, but I'm completely inept on her last spellcard. Can't remember what it's called, the one where she throws a bunch of random unblockable bullets; basically the IaMP equivalent of Scarlet Meister with a different name D:

The only way I was able to beat this was spamming Reimu's pillar card on my first bar whenever Remi flew over me. After that, spamming Fantasy Seal on my second bar. I still lost two lives to the fight. ;_;

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #158 on: December 18, 2009, 01:19:30 AM »
Ooh, that one? I can't really help since Yukarin only faces her first two spell cards, but I imagine the strategy is to do that infinite grazing thing where you dash forward, jump backwards, and dash again as soon as you hit the ground, then attack while Remi's standing still.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #159 on: December 18, 2009, 01:47:41 AM »
Aw dammit ;_;

This and UFO are the only ones where I'm forcing myself to unlock everything myself, so I don't have Yukari unlocked for Story Mode, much as I would love to have her. She's really fun to play in Arcade Mode though ):

By the way, how do you do that Stage Practice thing for the fighters?

« Reply #160 on: December 18, 2009, 01:52:10 AM »
I can't help on that card, sorry. :V  I think like Donut said, it's pretty much triangle grazing, except a LOT of it, and you get crossed up constantly.

nintendonut888

• So those that live now, pledge on your fists and souls
  • Leave a sign of your life, no matter how small...
« Reply #161 on: December 18, 2009, 01:56:24 AM »
By the way, how do you do that Stage Practice thing for the fighters?

Press F11 when on the character select screen for story mode.
nintendonut888: Hey Baity. I beat the high score for Sanae B hard on the score.dat you sent me. X3
Baity: For a moment, I thought you broke 1.1billion. Upon looking at my score.dat, I can assume that you destroyed the score that is my failed (first!) 1cc attempt on my first day of playing. Congratulations.

[19:42] <Sapz> I think that's the only time I've ever seen a suicide bullet shoot its own suicide bullet

« Reply #162 on: December 18, 2009, 04:18:32 AM »
FEKSASAFSFADSKFJKLERUIOSADJFKLDSJF IDSA F INFINITE SPEED FLYING OBJECT

HOW

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT

This was so much easier with Patchouli where you could just spam A-bullets the whole time and have the card over in seconds. This is fucking impossible ;_;

Serela

• Moon Tiara Magic
  • VIA PIZZA SLINGING
« Reply #163 on: December 18, 2009, 04:31:46 AM »
FEKSASAFSFADSKFJKLERUIOSADJFKLDSJF IDSA F INFINITE SPEED FLYING OBJECT

HOW

WHAT IS THIS BULLSHIT

This was so much easier with Patchouli where you could just spam A-bullets the whole time and have the card over in seconds. This is fucking impossible ;_;
Unblockable and ungrazable and Yukari blocks 2/3 of the time. Yeah.