Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 261736 times)

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
@Nitori89: The save.dat folder definitely shouldn't normally be empty under the circumstances you've described...  :ohdear:

There may be a issue related to overwriting of files/folders, but it's rather odd that the 1.00a version (which I'm presuming is the version in which you bought the upgrades) save.dat folder would be empty in the first place... (sorry I'm not that much help... ^^; )
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
I've got some stars on the lower left part of the title screen, above the version number and Copyright Jynx.

I have three. I clearly remember previously having 2 stars.

If i were to guess, (someone will need to do some testing), to get them:

Spoiler:
*Beat any of the stage 6 bosses OR unlock Extra (ie beat specifically Suzumi)
*Beat any of the Extra bosses.
*Beat EX-Suzumi.

If there are more stars, probably it'd need to
Spoiler:
beat Unreal mode/beat Absurdly Extra mode/buy every upgrade
, but i didn't do any of those yet, so i can't know for sure.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Yeah, I have two stars on title screen myself. (For reference, by this point I have
Spoiler:
unlocked Extra by defeating Suzumi (on Easy, lol), defeated all three Extra Stage bosses at least once, defeated (fake) Tsurubami once, but not EX-Suzumi
) Pretty neat way of indicating completion levels~  :3

I don't know what the maximum amount of stars you can get would be, but I'm thinking there's probably more than 3 to get?

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
I've got 5 stars and I've
Spoiler:
beaten all 4 routes, unlocked ex, beaten all ex bosses including alpha, unlocked abex by doing suzumi route on unreal and beaten abex alpha

Cleared Unreal on Instant Death mode. Wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be...as long as you had decent luck.

Looks like
Spoiler:
Sese's
not the only one capable of ridiculous damage output. Hooaka's not bad at it either...so many spellcard captures for no effort.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 03:23:47 PM by FleetingGaze »

So, did anyone find a list of all character special upgrades?

I don't feel like wasting all my alcohol blindly, only to find out that I had unlocked a completely useless ability. So far, the wiki hasn't updated it's own list since the demo.
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
So, did anyone find a list of all character special upgrades?

I don't feel like wasting all my alcohol blindly, only to find out that I had unlocked a completely useless ability. So far, the wiki hasn't updated it's own list since the demo.

I;m love this game, A Lot, i want to just list off all my favorite music and characters and dialogue I laughed out loud at and Juicy Plot Foreshadowing but then I'd end up listing over half the entire game

List of all the upgrades and skills in this version (spoilers): Voila

edit: okay i listed a bunch of stuff i liked anyway. Big Big Spoilers Time

also: i managed to clear the credits minigami in RMI (and laughed my butt off at the end) but i think this one is beyond my capabilities. please, if some kind soul could put it on youtube at some point, i would be Eternally Indebted

Spoiler:
Advice: Don't even TRY to fight Tsubakura with Sese. You will have a bad time. Your shots will almost never even reach hir. I just learnt this the hard way.

*points out inability to read*

...oh
well that's embarrassing

Huge kudos to the guy who made the list, by the way.
Lunatic 1CCs: PCB, IN, PoFV, HSiFS
Extra: All except PC-98.

Oh hey look I can do DNH scrips.

Spoiler:
*In keeping with the above, the quality of the music feels like it went way down for everything that wasn't in the demo.  (Did JynX really say that each piece of music is usually composed in one day?)
Spoiler:
The music is the same or better from what was in the demo. The music in this series just keeps getting better with each game.

So this is pretty much a euroshmup right.
Yes and no. Turn on lives mode and ignore upgrades, and the bosses are pretty good. You just have to worry about stages.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2016, 02:26:31 PM by Despatche »

ChronaSE

• Doremy-rekt
Was something mentioned about the last empty playable character slots?
*Hopes for Xeno*

I start to buy Tsurubami's upgrades (damage to unvulnerable enemies), reach 502 lvl and common stage fairies became extremely hard-to-kill. Is this effect appears after 500 lvl?

UPD: it's a bug, Tsurubami's damage ratio applies not only to unvulnerable enemies, but to all common stage enemies. Workaround is turning off Tsurubami's upgrades.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 02:44:16 PM by sibgamer »
Easy: PoDD, FW, LoLK
Normal: SoEW, UFO, HSiFS
Hard: LLS, MS, EoSD, PoFW, MoF, SA, TD, DDC
Lunatic: PCB, IN
Extra: EoSD, PCB, IN, MoF, TD, DDC, HSiFS; Phantasm

PapilLionesskort

• "Perfectly Immoral Moral Person"
  • Pretty much just lurking innocently
Is there some sort of comprehensible guide for finding certain bosses consistently? I'm not entirely sure how encountering them works. :smokedcheese:
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

The bosses on stages 1-5 are entirely random (excluding the brilliant and haze bosses, obbviously).

For stage 6, you'll always find the following bosses in the following stages:
6 -5: Chouki
6 -4: Clause
6 -3: Yabusame (or was it Tsubakura?)
6 -2: Same as above
6 -1: Yaorochi
6 0: Hidden boss, only available after beating Chouki, Mitori, Yaorochi, and Clause
6 1: Shion
6 2: Tsubakura (or was it Yabusame?)
6 3: Same as above
6 4: Tenkai
6 5: Mitori

If the boss for that stage is in your team, or you go to 6 0 without having met the requirements, it'll randomly choose between Yabusame, Tsubakura, Tenkai, and Clause (whoever's left that isn't in your team).

EDIT: I also want to mention that this is just my current understanding. In every run I've seen you get Clause in 6 -4 and Tenkai in 6 4 (etc), so I'm assuming that's how it always is. This is just based on observations, so if anyone can prove that I'm wrong please say so.
« Last Edit: December 20, 2016, 07:40:53 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

PapilLionesskort

Ah, okay. So as for cells, is the furthest cell to the left a negative number? Or the one furthest to the right?
Write or fight, same thing. You might as well come out swinging either way.<3 Just not too hard, as that's no fun.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Yeah, left side cells get negative numbers, right side is positive numbers.

PapilLionesskort

Okay, thanks! :]

Hey ^-^ Is it still possible to find Suzumi in Story mode? Or was that only for the demo?

Suzumi's there.
Spoiler:
Suzumi is the hidden boss I was talking about a few posts up.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Hey ^-^ Is it still possible to find Suzumi in Story mode? Or was that only for the demo?
Yup, Suzumi can most definitely still be found if you meet the requirements~

Spoiler:
The method is actually pretty similar to in the demo; find and defeat all the other possible bosses, then do a full neutral run (i.e. on Shrine Road for all 6 stages, so your stage 6 should be "6:0") and you'll encounter Suzumi as final boss on that run, as well as all future 6:0 runs. Defeating them without having continued unlocks the Extra Stage for the team you used to defeat them. Defeat them on Unreal, and you get Absurdly Extra~

Spoiler:
You don't have to find all possible bosses in the full game. Just all possible stage 6 bosses. And the player characters are already "found" since they're playable. Meaning you just need Chouki, Mitori, Clause, and Yaorochi.

Actually I'm not sure about that last part. I know that's how it was in an older version, but it might have been changed in a more recent patch. You might have to fight all stage 6 bosses including players. Either way, you don't have to find every character

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Ahhh, thank you for the correction! I only realized that was actually the case recently... ^^;

Spoiler:
As of the current version, I'm pretty sure you do have to find ALL the possible stage 6 bosses in order to unlock hidden boss Suzumi.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
Posting to say that I really do appreciate Len'en's sense of humor and general flavor of existential nihilism. 
Hooaka:  I'm better than I was before, honestly! Thanks to this arm!
Tsubakura:  Naturally. That arm's a special product of mine, after all.
Hooaka:  Yep! Aside from the pepperoni-pizza smell, it's perfect!
Tsubakura:  Well, the ingredients and construction method are pretty much the same, so you'll just have to deal with that part.

Ah, okay thank you since I was still wondering if it was still possible and I thought that secret boss was some new character. Oops

Version 1.10 is done for Christmas. It's not on Freem at the moment, but will probably be uploaded shortly. Changes include:
  • Bosses are invincible for a few seconds at the start of each pattern
  • Danmaku capture history is now implemented
  • New sub-events
  • Tweaks to player skill upgrades
  • Various other bugfixes (spell names and menu text now display properly, etc.)
New sub-events are: Forced focus/forced unfocus, enemy level increase by 1~3, boss invincibility period x2, slippery movement, and Giant Killing. Giant Killing causes your power level to decrease upon defeating small-fry enemies(?!?!), but causes bosses to drop tons of power items.

JynX has also mentioned on Twitter that there's a maximum of 6 stars one can get on the title screen (as of the previous version?), and that one of them is for safely clearing a particular danmaku pattern that's not in the practice menu. (I'm pretty sure that means
Spoiler:
the credits minigame
.)

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Out of curiosity,
Spoiler:
what do you mean by "credits minigame"? It's been mentioned before, but is it in every game or is it some other weird thing?
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

Spoiler:
Yeah, I've beaten the game a couple times and still don't see any sort of minigame. Is it hidden in plain sight or something?

When the staff roll/credits is happening, there's a shining...thing you can control within the moving box to dodge the purple bullets going around. I managed to clear it once and got a star.

Yeah that. There's one in RMI too; when you get to the end,
Spoiler:
text appears saying "You're still dodging even now...?!" "I like your guts. As a reward..." "I shall grant you a beautiful death!!" and then it spews bullets everywhere lol. I take it the BPoHC one has no similar surprise at the end?

edit: v lmao god
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 07:15:24 AM by gilde »

Yeah that. There's one in RMI too; when you get to the end,
Spoiler:
text appears saying "You're still dodging even now...?!" "I like your guts. As a reward..." "I shall grant you a beautiful death!!" and then it spews bullets everywhere lol. I take it the BPoHC one has no similar surprise at the end?
Yes.
Spoiler:
its says "Well done on making it this far. You may drop dead now."
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 06:14:19 AM by Aminosa »

I actually do not like the way the actual game plays like, even without all that random stage patterns that were, in my humble opinion, a mistake.
"Len'en was a mistake". No, not quite.
There is a great variance between pattern quality, even for short bosses.
Patterns that plays neat and actually adhere to shmup principles are mixed with patterns that are just a single gimmick that one can master easily, are much harder or much easier than chronologically adjacent patterns, and/or just sucks.
For example:
 - Souko Shirami's nonspells are enlongated bullets that move in a expanding carousel pattern. They are needlessly confusing for a stage ONE boss, even without that ambiguosity where those enlongated bullets actually ends.
 - Kaizen Azuma is just schizophrenic. First nonspell is laughably easy, then you got a first spell which expands on that nonspell in a manner that feel like cheating due to confusion where bullet could come, then back to another easy nonspell, and easy-to-master gimmicks.
 - Battle with Garaiya Ogata is mostly stupid gimmicks that one can master easily, especially the nonspells which seem to be just to show.
 - Para feels like just throwing whatever didn't make cut for other bosses' respective battles, which, while making somewhat of a sense from a character perspective, just feels lazy from a GAME perspective.
 - final bosses that debuted in that game have patterns that feel like they were made as fast as possible while making sure they somehow were connected to characters shooting them in question. They feel extremely rushed compared to patterns of previous final bosses (Clause, Yaorochi and Fumikado, NOT Shion), which, while still requiring polishing, look and plays like they got a great more deal of an actual work put into them. Mitori's first spell card, in particular, might be as well a big fat "F*** YOU" to the player... if not for the fact it is mostly luck based. Drunk coding, eh?
 - Yago's battle starts with a bunch of gimmick that plays EXACTLY like they were straight from test rooms. Then better-designed spells plays... mixed with the former. Ugh.
There are more examples (Hibaru is an obvious one), but I'm too lazy to make an exhaustive list of them.

It looks like JynX is implementing the first thing they think about for a pattern, and not redesign or outright replace them even after it becomes painfully obvious some of these patterns SUCKS.
It's like JynX cares about the game second and focuses on the story first, placing characters and stories that feel like straight from the modern action shonen series on the no.1 place on the "to do" list. The result is a game that, if reviewed by actual game reviewers, would earn a 5/10 score at the very best.
You know what? I care only about the stories then. I don't care about the games (which plays badly) nor the music (the BPoHC's new pieces are fifty-fifty nice ideas and VERY rushed melodies recycled from elsewhere).

I've wrote so much just to point out obvious problems about an extensive game that is yet to be known by more that a dozen people.