Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 261497 times)

I have this one problem, when loading the Unlost Woods stage, the game sometimes freezes and stops working. This happened both when travelling from the Senri Road and when continuing straight from the Unlost Woods. It can stop the Haze Castle route before it properly starts and i'm not sure i can reach
Spoiler:
Yaorochi
if i need to risk crashing the game multiple times.

I had that problem but seemed to fix it by running it in compatability mode for Windows 7
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Maple

• Mukyuu!
I had that problem but seemed to fix it by running it in compatability mode for Windows 7

Does it apply if i'm already using Windows 7 (64-bit)?

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
So, I didn't fix my Haze route problem... But I poked around and it seems to occur only on normal route... for some reason??
So I beat that route on hard with two continues. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~ i feel like my fingers are about to fall off oh god
Spoiler:
Chouki fight was basically desperately trying to get close to them so I could destroy them with my boneblade. S/he's absolute slaughter on hard!

The only NPC I haven't met yet is
Spoiler:
Saragimaru
. I hope s/he shows up soon...

Also, how do you guys get all this high upgrade levels?? I'm only level 63, and I played quite a bit... Is everyone here an Unreal level player or am I just THIS bad?
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 09:53:46 AM by LunaWillow »
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
So, I didn't fix my Haze route problem... But I poked aqound and it seems to occur only on normal route... for some reason??
So I beat that route on hard with two continues. Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaay~ i feel like my fingers are about to fall off oh god
Spoiler:
Chouki fight was basically desperately trying to get close to them so I could destroy them with my boneblade. S/he's absolute slaughter on hard!

The only NPC I haven't met yet is
Spoiler:
Saragimaru
. I hope s/he shows up soon...

Also, how do you guys get all this high upgrade levels?? I'm only level 63, and I played quite a bit... Is everyone here an Unreal level player or am I just THIS bad?

There is a character
Spoiler:
Hibaru
which has sake upgrades, make sure to get those upgrades and their ability. It helps to gain more sake which helps for buying upgrades later on.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

Playing extra with instant death mode on (go to config to turn instant death mode on) and using
Spoiler:
Hibaru's skill
and a few of their upgrades nets me anywhere from 50 million to 150 million booze, even if I don't clear it. I've heard other people getting even higher numbers with that strategy.
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
yeah there's a glitch where if you go all the way to the end of ex-alpha on insta-death (probably works without but not as high numbers) but DONT clear it your sake increases like crazy for some reason.

It's a case of clearing with 32 mil sake which multiplies into 98 mil or NOT clearing it with 26mil sake which multiplies into 239mil

Zigzagwolf

I just had a no sprite glitch to occur, I did record that happening too.

Recording of that happening, be aware that recommendations or autoplay might spoil you if you don't want to be spoiled.

A lot of visual glitches would occur to me when I was playing on fullscreen and alt-tabbed during anytime the game would load something.

To the point that there was this time I had a battle against a spriteless sese on stage 3 while the stage theme was still playing.

By the way, now that the game's out for a while can someone who understands the profiles and texts tell me what exactly
Spoiler:
Haiji's
deal is?  She seems to be quite.. interesting, and I wonder if she has ties with you-know-who based on her last name, theme, etc.

By the way, now that the game's out for a while can someone who understands the profiles and texts tell me what exactly
Spoiler:
Haiji's
deal is?  She seems to be quite.. interesting, and I wonder if she has ties with you-know-who based on her last name, theme, etc.

Spoiler:
Haiji's an obsessed fan of Tsurubami and the Senri Shrine, who collects spell cards in their spare time and runs a card shop for a living. They come charging up to the Shrine Team all like "oh my god, oh my god it's the new Senri priests I'm such a big fan, can you give me your autographs and also fork over your cards please". They changed their last name to "Senri" (with different kanji) out of fan adoration and have no actual relation to Tsurubami; same goes for their theme song. I kind of get a 'joke character' vibe from them, but their profile does mention that they're one of the few people who got a close-up view of Tsurubami's work back in the day, which could lead to some interesting stuff later.

Spoiler:
Haiji's an obsessed fan of Tsurubami and the Senri Shrine, who collects spell cards in their spare time and runs a card shop for a living. They come charging up to the Shrine Team all like "oh my god, oh my god it's the new Senri priests I'm such a big fan, can you give me your autographs and also fork over your cards please". They changed their last name to "Senri" (with different kanji) out of fan adoration and have no actual relation to Tsurubami; same goes for their theme song. I kind of get a 'joke character' vibe from them, but their profile does mention that they're one of the few people who got a close-up view of Tsurubami's work back in the day, which could lead to some interesting stuff later.

Pffft that is even better than I expected!  Here was I thinking they were some almighty important character of sorts, so it's pretty hillarious to see that they're actually kind of a gag-character, hahaha!

Thanks for telling me that!

Version 1.01a is now out, with various bug fixes! All you have to do to transfer your progress is copy over the contents of the "save_dat" folder.

edit: holy god i scroll down two tweets and WOW
Quote from: JynX
-acute caffeine poisoning, depression, spontaneous pneumothorax, stomach ulcers, blood in [redacted], two bouts of fainting all in the last month
-I'm definitely swearing to never to push myself that hard again, but also, I'm impressed at how resiliant I must be if I'm still not dead after all that
-gonna take it easy for a while longer lol
-Visiting the hospital tomorrow for sure. Y'all should make sure to take care of yourselves, too! ♪
Nothing is more important than your health JynX jesus, yes, absolutely please take all the time you need
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 10:28:36 AM by gilde »

The game keeps crashing during the first spellcard of every single first boss. Details:

Could somebody help? This game looks amazing, but it's unplayable in this state.

EDIT: It seems that running the game with Japanese locale fixed it. The game still lags a bit during the beginning of every spellcard, but that's not a problem.
« Last Edit: December 05, 2016, 06:33:02 PM by Nothingness »

Jaimers

• You just did it because you're older than me.
So this is pretty much a euroshmup right.

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
I know game development can be rough, but geez, sounds like JynX pushed himself a little too far. Hope he's alright and all. o.o;
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
Good God... That sounds so bad! JynX, you fool, why would you do this to yourself? :( I hope he'll get better soon :( I'd wait five more years if it meant JynX taking care of himself...

Zigzagwolf

Sad to hear JynX overdid himself so much that he is in a bad state, hope he takes things easier next time...

Also Unreal Instant-Death 1cc, this is a 1 miss too... I overgrinded a bit too much I guess, so close to a ND run but then a certain survival decided to still kill me at the end, oh well. I will upload this later I guess, it's a bit late over here so I think I'll sleep first.

Hey gilde.... I noticed in your translation of the upgrade menu, the final slot belonged to
Spoiler:
Ex Suzumi
. Is that correct or are you just guessing?

Hey gilde.... I noticed in your translation of the upgrade menu, the final slot belonged to
Spoiler:
Ex Suzumi
. Is that correct or are you just guessing?
Ya I was guessing.
Spoiler:
I figured it was them because they've got their own profile (split personality apparently) listed after Tsurubami in the practice menu, but the upgrade menu slot just says "Not Yet Implemented" right now.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Aaaaah...JynX, please don't push yourself that hard again, your health is of foremost importance! ><

I hope they will be alright...  :ohdear:

(On gameplay-related things, I'm grateful to be able to unlock
Spoiler:
Tsurubami's
upgrades without having to beat
Spoiler:
EX Suzumi
too~)
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
I checked out everyone's profiles in practice menu, and it says that
Spoiler:
Kuroji's species is "prehistoric scholar". appearently being a prehistoric scholar renders you non-human.  :V
And
Spoiler:
Clause's species is "annoyance".
:getdown:
Not to mention that in
Spoiler:
Kuroji's theme's description is just "You again? I've got nothing to say anymore" how rude....
Or Suzumi's profile. Or "You average person that happens to be more of an idiot than your average person." in
Spoiler:
Yabusame's
profile." Or the fact that Prismic Drive is appearently "Great Idiot's" theme. This guy constantly ridiculous his characters and it's just so funny if a bit cruel at times

Also,
Spoiler:
Haiji, Haiji, Haiji
is so fun!
Spoiler:
The fact that his spellcards are just some stolen borrowed Touhou spellcard is genius and a very nice homage. and it also renders him a very easy boss since i encountered those many many times before My only problem is the fact he uses Fujiyama Volcano... Just, why, Haiji, whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

EDIT: Okay so I just beat
Spoiler:
Xeno a
and I expected the stage to end but NOPE so I went to Ex+α and beat
Spoiler:
Tsurubami and then HOLY SMOKES JYNX THANKS FOR NIGHTMARES
Spoiler:
like, that, that theme and her eyes, she wasn't cute anymore and TIMEOUT NONSPELL aughaugahaugaughaugaugauhahgaugahuhgahugaugh
And I died just as she started exploding
and it was my last life
rip
i need to grind more

EDIT2: By the way, does anyone know what's up with that text that appears in the upper left corner of the screen? I'm not sure if anyone else experienced it - it's some Japanese text that appears some time after I began playing and stacks (after some time, second text appears under the first one, then third, then fourth... and it hides a bit of the UI). It doesn't disappear even if I come back to  the main menu and goes away only when I close the game. It began appearing in version 1.01a, and since it's in Japanese I can't understand it. Anyone else saw it?
« Last Edit: December 06, 2016, 06:37:35 PM by LunaWillow »

Update 1.02a is out, featuring various bug fixes and the option to play all of a given boss fight at once in Practice Mode.

EDIT2: By the way, does anyone know what's up with that text that appears in the upper left corner of the screen? I'm not sure if anyone else experienced it - it's some Japanese text that appears some time after I began playing and stacks (after some time, second text appears under the first one, then third, then fourth... and it hides a bit of the UI). It doesn't disappear even if I come back to  the main menu and goes away only when I close the game. It began appearing in version 1.01a, and since it's in Japanese I can't understand it. Anyone else saw it?

Like this? If so, it's an error message. Dunno what particular error it is on your end without being able to see it, though.

Zigzagwolf

Got the unreal instant death run I mentioned yesterday up now, was kinda overleveled so almost got no deaths too but still ended up dying late. As usual, don't watch if you don't want to be spoiled. Unreal Instant-Death 1cc - Shrine Team

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
Like this? If so, it's an error message. Dunno what particular error it is on your end without being able to see it, though.
Oh, yes, like this. Mine is different, though. I'll try to screenshot it next time.

?q

• Lurking librarian
  • and moe sound effect
So this is pretty much a euroshmup right.
>HP system
>grind currency to get abilities that cheese higher difficulties

Yeah basically.

--

I'm sitting this game out, but from watching everyone's videos these are my reactions.

Spoiler:
*Overarching thought:  JynX learned the hard way that you should never design a choose-your-own-adventure game.  It's several orders of magnitude more work for a game of its length and complexity, and it's fundamentally not worth it no matter which cool ideas you can pull off with it.  (Disclosure:  I attempted the same with a fanwork and never completed it after several arcs that, combined, were most of the length of my previous work.)  This is even taking into account the corner-cutting like how each cell is not a unique area and how the vast majority of the game design is powered by copy/paste.
*In keeping with the above, the quality of the music feels like it went way down for everything that wasn't in the demo.  (Did JynX really say that each piece of music is usually composed in one day?)
*I remain convinced that the concept of purchasing abilities in a shmup is not a good one, provided that the abilities do not come with a downside.  Otherwise it's grind2win.
*Why have barriers as a mechanic when they frequently get broken through no fault of the player?
*The generic waves look a lot kinder than I remember from the demo.  Or maybe I was just bad at the game :V
*It seems like the general idea of the game is to have really overpowered player characters slowly get worn down by half an hour of attacks.  Prior to Stage 6, the bosses are basically speed bumps, and even the Stage 6 bosses are vulnerable to getting blown up before they can do much.
*Xeno a's survival cards are really dumb.  Really, really dumb.  Almost as dumb as that other character's unmistakable theft from Perfect Cherry Blossom.
*OMFG JynX made Tsurubami a reasonable boss.  A lot of what made Tsurubami really stupid was stuff like black bullets on dark backgrounds and that one attack where bubbles just kind of appear on you, and it looks like all of that was made more player-friendly.
*This very well could have been a result of the Normal mode videos, but the new bosses didn't really look that impressive?  Like oh wow ghost wheels with sticks?  Heart-hair's telegraphed attacks really could have benefited from some kind of visual effect for the awesome factor.

I'm glad JynX finished it and I'm really glad people are enjoying it given the effort that went into it, so please don't take the above to mean anything counter to that, but etc.

^^ I do love this game but literally p.much all of those are true lol

A couple people on the Len'en Discord server did some digging in the image files and found (uhh spoilers for the last character in the upgrade and practice lists)
Spoiler:
this weird silhouette (undarkened image here for comparison) behind EX-Suzumi's unwrapped bandages.
Spoiler:
EX-Suzumi is a separate personality from Stage 6 Suzumi, as stated in their EX profile, so maybe it has something to do with that...? at any rate it's Extremelys Ominous

e: btw im not actually on the discord server i was just searching for character names on twitter lol
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 09:09:32 AM by gilde »

Gregory

• I draw stuffs

A couple people on the Len'en Discord server did some digging in the image files and found (uhh spoilers for the last character in the upgrade and practice lists)
Spoiler:
this weird silhouette (undarkened image here for comparison) behind EX-Suzumi's unwrapped bandages.
Spoiler:
EX-Suzumi is a separate personality from Stage 6 Suzumi, as stated in their EX profile, so maybe it has something to do with that...? at any rate it's Extremelys Ominous

e: btw im not actually on the discord server i was just searching for character names on twitter lol

Spoiler:
yeah, I also figured that weird silhouette next to Suzumi, and this gave me goosebump, maybe Suzumi was being controlled by someone else ?
And the final team that haven't been released as well

I find it odd. Jynx said "the game is complete (aside from arcade and challenge mode), but I have to seal the features related to a game breaking bug". Yet for some reason, despite being "complete" an entire team is missing. Makes me think that the team is related to the bug. I have my guesses, but I wonder what relationship they might have.

Spoiler:
It's totally an unlockable Xeno/Yago/Haiji team.

Spoiler:
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Welp that dark cloak always looked pretty shady for me.  Seems like it's being worn by the sillouete. 
Spoiler:

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Spoiler:
It's totally an unlockable Xeno/Yago/Haiji team.

Spoiler:
I'd definitely be down for that.

But yeah, it's kinda odd that the game is "complete", yet a whole playable team is completely missing/inaccessible. Available in future patch, hopefully?
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Hi guys, i was wondering if someone can help me here, i downloaded the game's 1.02a version and I don't know how to transfer the upgrades i already bought, i read up here that i have to copy the save_dat folder which i did but it's not working and in my 1.00a game which works fine that folder is actually empty , if i'm not wrong i had the same issue with the demo. Anybody know what's the problem? :( is the save_dat folder supposed to be empty?