Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 261766 times)

Maple

• Mukyuu!
The silhouette of the sleeves makes it look like it has a bow with a stock. The oversized hat (and use of a bow) reminds me of Futo.

Burning down temples is soooo 6th century. Those Buddhist shits will never see this one coming.

Gray21oh

• An excuse for a title
  • This is suppose to be nonsensical except it isn't
Can I just say the second image just makes me say CLAUSEFIRMED?

Clause was already confirmed XD we got a screenshot of Clause's boss practice screen
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Yeah so this thread wasn't really active for a lot of time. Are there any new updates from JynX since then? I just recently got into Len'en and i can't find a better place to ask than here.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Recent news:

Jynx said that the new game will be released in October. He said that a year ago. Now he has a set date: October, for the 3rd anniversary of the series.

Notes: he's been rebalancing the DPS of the Prince Team, and rebalancing Tsubakura's attack.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Unless I'm missing something here (which I may well be, since I'm using a translator), apparently BPoHC is around 80-90% done, so an October/3rd anniversary release is quite plausible, I suppose? I just hope poor JynX doesn't run into any more unexpected delays...  :ohdear:
Dream a dream so grand...that it becomes a nightmare.

Isn't the anniversary in November though....? Are you all sure he ssud October 3rd is the release date?
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
Oh wow there's actually some news? I was slowly losing hope we'd be seeing this game this year. But that's great! Even if we need to wait a month or two. After all, we've been waiting for about a year and a half, right?
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
I did a perfect timeout of Yao's Clay card (3rd last card) on Unreal cause I hate this damn card and wanted to prove a point also I am desperately trying to perfect this stage and this is the main obstacle I am facing with doing so.

I BEAT THE INFAMOUS AOJI CARD (on BPoHC)

No Focus 1cc EE Unreal
« Last Edit: September 24, 2016, 06:29:18 AM by ZoomyTsugumi »

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
Sorry for double posting but I wanted to advertise a Len'en discord group. Feel free to come say hi :)

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
Hey, let's revive this thread a little.

A picture from Jynx:

It seems you-know-who is definitely present and back in action.

The game should be out by 11th, right? That's when the anniversary is.

I heard that it's going to be delayed again, unfortunately.

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
Weeeeell... That is the case, unfortunately.

But using the almighty power of google translate, I was able to extract some info from Jynx's tweets. It seems the game is complete, but there are still some bugs present. Jynx said he'll work on them during the weekend. And if he won't be able to get rid of them, he'll... umm... Release the game anyway..? Using some sort of "last resort"? This part of google translate was pretty confusing, so I would need somone with better (or, you know, any) knowledge of japanese language than me. Either way, the release is to happen very, very soon and I am rather excited! (and hopeful!)

And the Len'en third anniversary picture from Jynx is hella cute.

ZoomyTsugumi

• zoom zoom
IIRC they're fixing some important bugs on some features but if the bugs aren't fixed by Monday they'll remove the feature entirely and just release the game. That should be what the tweets meant

So, worst case scenario we get it Monday sans the feature (I think it's an issue with instant death mode but Im not sure on that) or we get it sooner and with it all fixed.
Either way, its very very exciting!

Oh, huh?  I don't think I remember what instant death mode is, but then again it's been a while since I played BPoHC.

Nonetheless it's so exciting that we're getting the full game so soon!  I hope it's a smooth launch!!

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Welp, looks like there's been another minor(?) delay, as the bugs are proving quite troublesome apparently (or that's what I'm understanding from the tweets, in any case). >< Hopefully not too much longer, though...? ^^; Well, as long as the release can go smoothly, I don't mind waiting a little longer~

Oh, huh?  I don't think I remember what instant death mode is, but then again it's been a while since I played BPoHC.

Instant death mode essentially replaces the health-bar and barrier system with the lives system from previous games, while giving a x5 (IIRC) multiplier to sake (in-game "money") earned. It also makes the STG frame grey instead of gold when active IIRC.

Some new info about the game. According to my knowledge and google translate skills, the game soundtrack will take more than 2 hours to go into repeat. Well that's gonna be one hell of a playlist.

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
Well that's gonna be one hell of a playlist.
A playlist I'd gladly have on all my devices~  :3
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 08:00:18 AM by Ritta Cadaret »

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
(Sorry for double-post, but this is important enough I wanna make sure people don't miss it ^^; )

Aaaaand JynX is finally uploading the full version BPoHC to a download site! On the flipside, it needs to go through verification first, so probably a few more days to wait, I'm afraid. ^^; But it's definitely on the way now~! :D

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
CURRENT MOOD (possible volume warning??? dunno)

Today is truly a blessed day. Now to go play! And probably get my butt handed to me, lol.

Zigzagwolf

• Kuruminist Touhou Player
Alright, downloading the game, l am curious what I'll see.
Raid Kappatalism for great Kurumi!

Youtube channel My Youtube channel, I hope you enjoy my Touhou runs.

OMG Sese is so OP they kills the final boss in 1 minute
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:25:09 PM by ann1607 »

Validon98

• Deathguard Night Sparrow
  • Harbingers, yo.
Played with one of the new teams, completely no idea what I'm doing, managed somehow to get to neutral stage 5 before biting it, getting hit at all now drains 5% power, so uh... that's sucks. I was only ever able to hit max power by using a power bomb. :'D

Still though, oh boy, this is going to take some time to mess around with. Hopefully all the upgrades get translated, so far most of the sub-events seem the same as before (although now due to the UI changes, they're displayed horizontally instead of vertically) so those I could just do on my own time, other than that, oh boy... this game.

EDIT: Also, seems like most upgrades now go all the way up to level 100, where there's smaller increases after level 15 up through 99, then a big one at 100 again. For example, Yabusame's upgrade (barrier max up) is 75% at level 15, then climbs up slowly to 112.5% at level 99, then leaps up to 150% at level 100. A full max-out for that, however, costs roughly 60m gallons, which is uh... a lot given how much you usually get in gameplay when you do well.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 03:10:58 PM by Validon98 »
Derping at Touhou since June 2012, derping at RPing Touhou since Feburary 2013.

Devil of Decline Partial English Gameplay Patch!
Let's Play Nightmare of Rebellion!

☆ Kana ☆

• Vanishing Dream
  • Lost Dream
    • lololololo tungle
So, after completing half-blind(?) runs on Castle, Pagoda, and Neutral routes, I gave in to temptation and played around in the music room.  :V

Spoiler:
Track no. 51 scares me.

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
I listened to that track briefly... oh boy.

Spoiler:
Whereas the original song we heard in the trial had its name changed to MO-NA-D-2 ~ Memory Faking (or Memory Counterfeiting, the latter is more appropriate to the word used), this one is MO-NA-D-1 ~ Memory Pursuit. Oh dear. Either way, she's one of the extra bosses, huh? Based off of the description, Suzumi is an "Ura Extra Boss", same as Tsurubami, and Suzumi is one of the "Ura Story bosses". I wonder what it means by ura, in this case. There isn't an Ura loop, is there?

EDIT: Oh, derp, I forgot the music comments for the original song on the wiki translate ura as "secret" in this case. Still, there's secret EX bosses even?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 05:06:22 PM by Validon98 »

Gregory

• I draw stuffs
Wow, I can't believe the Pagoda route is extremely hell, I'm not really a fan of
Spoiler:
fast bullet and even TOXIC gimmick

The game keep crashing on the Windows Vista during starting spells. Is there a way to combat it or I have to simply wait until my Windows 7 laptop returns?

Validon98

• Harbingers, yo.
Beat down the Haze Castle route finally, seems the overall theme of this route is "stuff bouncing off the sides of the screen". Whew, and to think there's still a few other ways it can "end", per se... I'm curious as to what stages 6: -4/-3/-2/-1 are like, in comparison to simply stage 6: -5.

EDIT: Uh, is anyone else able to get skills? It says for, say, Yabusame's skill that it only costs 3 Gal (which doesn't sound correct at all, it was like 300000 gal or so), but I can't buy it. Anyone else having that problem?

EDIT2: Nevermind, figured out the cause, the partial English patch on the wiki didn't account for a change in the value display. For those using it:

Cost: %09dGal
should be changed to
Cost: %03d,%03d,%03d Gal
« Last Edit: December 01, 2016, 09:05:09 PM by Validon98 »

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Okay, maybe it's because i was playing the demo on Hard modo and switched back to Normal modo on the full game, but does someone notice a change in the difficulty? I did a share of normal 1cc's, all at LVL 0, but again, maybe it's because i reached certain level of skill. (My intent was to see most of the new content)

Anyway,

Wow, I can't believe the Pagoda route is extremely hell, I'm not really a fan of
Spoiler:
fast bullet and even TOXIC gimmick

For me, the difficulty at the Pagoda route
Spoiler:
reached its peak in the Stage 4 boss, with the poison gimmick, Stage 5 boss was very easy, xe sacrifices density for a few aimed shots, and Stage 6 boss, after the initial surprise, it wasn't too much of a problem
; meanwhile, the Castle route
Spoiler:
was the most consistently hard part of the game, with Kujiru (carryover of the initial version), Stage 5 had a higher bullet density, and Stage 6 with xis huge wheels with rods inside them
, though, maybe it was because i was doing the Castle route with Iyozane/Fumi/Tsugumi team, with Fumi's flash bomb, and Iyozane seems nerfed compared with the trial version, Jynx did talk about rebalancing the DPS.