Author Topic: Len'en Project by JynX? (First 3 games updated)  (Read 261604 times)

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
On a sidenote, today is the 2nd anniversary of the Len'en Project!
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

Marron

• Ordinary crow
He made four games in two years . . . that's really great. The more I play his games, the more impatient I get to see his future games. I can't wait to see the full len'en 4.
I remember that in the beggining, I felt pissed off by the fact that he wasn't planning to release his 98 remakes, it was 2 years ago, but now, I don't really care since I understand why, also, his games are so great and I got so much interested in mugenri that I don't mind anymore.

I like many characters. Yabusame, Aoji, Hoaka, Jun, Iyozane, Sese and Tenkai. In BPoH, I was really happy to see a character like Kuzu, that will probably be my favorite character of the whole cast, I think. The ost of this game is so great, he made a great job to give a catchy feel to his soundtrack. Soundtracks that made an impression on me ? Kuzu's theme of course, Aoji's one is great and I love the 3rd stage theme of the castle route.

I'm grateful that JynX made these games !

Maple

• Mukyuu!
Because he's so good, JynX shares the silhouette of a character for the new game.

(quote because the forums lacks the proper function to spoiler images)

LunaWillow

• >Everyone: Pose as a team
  • The world is real.
Oh my, this looks a lot like Tenkai. And she's heading right, too. Could this be..? My dream of Tenkai as a playable..?

By the way, have you seen this anniversary picture? There's a dialog attached to it, too. Can some kind soul that knows the moon speak translate this, please?
Normal 1cc: EoSD, PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF, SA, UFO, TD, DDC, HSiFS
Hard 1cc: PoFV
Extra Clear: PCB, IN, PoFV, MoF
Other Stuff: ISC all clear

Marron

• Ordinary crow
OH MY GOD, IT'S TENKAI

Made my day. ******* made it. Yes, yes, yes.

Now, I REALLY can't wait anymore.

Nolegs the Cat

• >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ. >Sʜᴇ ᴅᴇᴘᴇɴᴅs ᴏɴ ʏᴏᴜ.
Playable Tenkai?
Does that mean playable Tsurubami too, maybe?

(I'm hoping more for playable Clause personally...)

Happy birthday, Len'en ^^

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
JynX gave us black silhouette of another playable!

Here!

Sukune? That's what I think, but I'm not sure!

I think so, there's that headgear. But I'm kinda disturbed about that stickman hanging near the fork

Marron

• Ordinary crow
What if Tenkai joined forces with Sukune and Yaorochi ? For the moment, we don't know if Kuroji's playable, so. I find it hard to see a game with so much characters playable without Kuroji. And if there's Kuroji, there will probably be Saragimaru, right ?

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
Personally, I see Kuroji+Salami+Tenkai because of how Salami and Tenkai are presumed to be friends/know each other in RMI's dialogue.

Uruwi

• Nightmare of Torrential Precipitation
  • 478 million goober
And now what about YaoSuku?
foo = foldl $ flip ($)
Highest difficulty 1CCed for each game, by shot type in the original order. (-: never 1CCed on any difficulty, or never used; E: easy, N: normal, H: hard, L / U: lunatic / unreal.)
EoSD [NNNE] PCB [EE--N-] IN [NEEE + Ex Border] PoFV [Mystia N, Mystia E no charge] MoF [EN--H- + Ex Marisa B] SA [N-----] UFO [----EN] TD [NENE] DDC [EE-EHE + Ex Marisa B & Sakuya A] LoLK [PD --N- Legacy ---N] EE [N- + Ex Yabusame] EMS [N-- + Ex Yabusame] RMI [NHN + Ex YaoSuku]
Avelantis (demo) Easy YuukiB 426,077,200

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
And now what about YaoSuku?
Let's reconsider options.

We have:
  • Hoaka
  • Clause
  • Tsurubami
  • Hibaru

No one really seems like a third option to me, unless JynX decides to do something weird, like they team up with Hibaru or something? I don't know, it can honestly be anyone now.

Marron

• Ordinary crow
Personally, I see Kuroji+Salami+Tenkai because of how Salami and Tenkai are presumed to be friends/know each other in RMI's dialogue.
That may be possible. Like you said, Tenkai and Saragimaru seems to be good friends, so it would make sense if Tenkai joined Kuro/Sara. And i feel it would she would fill much better with Kuro/Sara than with Suku/Yao.

For Hoaka, I don't see him playable at all, knowing he's lazy as hell. It's just not a high probability for me at all.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 07:59:30 PM by HououinKyouma »

That may be possible. Like you said, Tenkai and Saragimaru seems to be good friends, so it would make sense if Tenkai joined Kuro/Sara. And i feel it would she would fill much better with Kuro/Sara than with Suku/Yao.

I agree 100%. Now the question is... who teams up with the Haniwa duo? It would be too weird for Hooaka to be with them instead of Kuroji, and I don't think Tsurubami would make her reappearance like that.

Spoiler:
Secretly I'm just hoping for Clause ;P
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.
I've cleared every touhou game on Lunatic, and beaten every extra except SoEW.
NMNB: MoF Hard, SA Extra, UFO Extra

Nolegs the Cat

Spoiler:
Secretly I'm just hoping for Clause ;P

I think we all are.

And yeah, that silhouette is obviously Sukune, so yay. Yaorochi probably got in  :toot:
As for who they pair with...
I like Hoaka, it'd be funny for him to be playable, I could imagine Kuroji just bossing him around constantly :P

If Lumen wasn't already a boss, he would've been my guess for the third person in the Yaosuku duo.
But now, it's effectively random.
All we know is... if they end up pairing up with Tsurubami, his appearence would probably scare the shit out of everone.

Oh nooooooooooooooo
It looks like Hooaka is back. That's too bad...
But wait...
That's definitely not a character we've seen before. And they're both facing left, so maybe Jynx is revealing boss characters now...?

Spoiler:
Meaning there is still "hope" >_<

But yeah, in all seriousness. From what google translate tells me, Jynx is going to stop revealing player characters and start revealing boss ones now. The first pic is a "powered up old character" while the second is a "new one". I'm so excited....
« Last Edit: December 03, 2015, 12:24:13 PM by TresserT »
My name is Tres. It sounds like "Tray". Tressert is "Tray-zurt"; like Tres dessert.

Maple

• Mukyuu!
^ I think i have a problem where all the silhouettes are unrecognizable because i only look wide sleeves and puffy shorts. I didn't even think that my previous post was a picture of Tenkai, or that some post below it was a portrait of Sukune.

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
Not sure if it matters, but JynX changed his avatar on twitter.
Looks like a teaser for me! Is this Hooaka?

Nolegs the Cat

Not sure if it matters, but JynX changed his avatar on twitter.Looks like a teaser for me! Is this Hooaka?

Definitely looks like Hooaka to me.

EEEEEEEEEHHHHHHH?!?!?!?!?
"This is a boss" according to google translate...
Whaaaat doooes iiiit meaaaaaan?!?!?

So either
A) Kuroji is not playable, and the third team is something else. Our options now include Clause, Tsurubami, Hibaru, Yaorochi, and Saragimaru. There are still 4 unknown playable characters...
B) Bosses can be playable characters in this game, which _really_ complicates things.

However, I feel like the next quote will clear some things up...
@gensakudan だいたいその絵にある通りです
藪雨:次元の欠片(ラーメン次元)
玄鳥:特殊な墨(詳しくはいつか本編で)
黒巫鳥:自作の弾幕兵器
八尾呂智:斬撃
宿禰:ハニワ大砲
蛇穴丸:蛇弾幕?

ってな感じです(一部嘘)
Normally I can get the general gist of things with google translate and babelfish, but I can't understand this tweet clearly. I think it has something to do with the playable teams. I feel like this is some important information, so could one of our Japanese-understanding friends help me out?

Edit: I was completely off base >_< it's the playable cast of RMI and their danmaku toys. Please forgive me.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 04:31:21 PM by TresserT »

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
Whaaat?! Kuroji ain't playable?! Noooooooo!!
...does that mean we get a remix of End of History?

Ok, now I'm confused about who'll be with who in team, I mean, they come in good pairs (Tenkai/Tsurubami, Yaorochi/Sukune) but I can't see any threes here. I don't think Saragi would go with Yao/Suku. Yaorochi doesn't even remember who Saragimaru is. And Hibaru strikes me as a random youkai dude who would make a good boss, but not a playable. Does he even have any relationship with others? Clause could go to team. JynX said that she's not a boss in the main game, right? So...

Plot twist: One of the remaining teams is Tenkai/ Tsurubami/Jinbei (Certainly won't happan, but I'd love to see that...)

So far we have
Shitodo Siblings as bosses (facing left)
Unknown character as boss (facing left)
Tsukune as player (facing right)
Tenkai as player (facing right)

So there's a high chance the third team will be Tsukune + Yaorochi + Tenkai
And then EE cast just missing Clause and Tsurubami
With EMS cast missing Hibaru, Yaorochi, Saragimaru

Probably the reason Kuroji being downgraded as boss due to not many players suitable using Kuroji, especially in RMI
Since Kuroji is kinda hard to be used for as player in my opinion

So here's my guess,
Spoiler:
Hoaaka as stage 4 boss neutral
Kuroji as stage 5 boss neutral
Clause? as stage 6 boss neutral
Hibaru? as stage 4 boss neutral
Saragimaru? as stage 5 boss neutral
Tsurubami?  as stage 6 boss neutral
Unknown boss as stage 4 boss pagoda

It's 100% certain that the unknown boss is a new character.

For the record, there are 4 teams of 3. 12 playable characters in all. To have 2 returning bosses per stage and no overlap, we'd need 24 characters. There are only 20 characters in the series, 21 with Tsurubami. It's impossible to have two old bosses every stage beyond stage 4.

Unless some bosses are playable, which is what I'm inclined to believe. I've thought that since the beginning, but Kuroji being a boss really cements this idea for me. I'm not really sure which bosses though.

We know that Tenkai and Sukune are playable. With that in mind, I'd guess that the teams will be Yao/Suku/Tenk and Kuro/Hoo/Aoi. But then Saragimaru isn't playable...
« Last Edit: December 12, 2015, 02:31:29 AM by TresserT »

Plastic Vortex

• Girl is ranking up
  • Please wait warmly
I feel like the one with a pointy hat is the Stage 4 Pagoda boss. I feel as if they are the secretary/tour guide of the Capital.

Update~
This one was kind of "expected" and isn't as "important" as the other recent ones.

HOWEVER!

It "does" help with speculating. Remember, we're still "missing" 4 playable characters. The only "remaining" characters are Clause, Tsurubami, Yaorochi, and Saragimaru.

It's "extremely unlikely" that Tsurubami would be playable, especially since she won't be in the "Senri shrine team". So unless we "get" a team of new characters it's pretty much confirmed that some "bosses" will be playable.

On the "other hand", we "could" get a team of Yao/Suku/Tenk and then a team of new characters. So who knows?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2015, 02:22:50 PM by TresserT »

LunaWillow

• The world is real.
Tsurubami/Tenkai/Jinbei

JynX pls

Nolegs the Cat

Tsurubami/Tenkai/Jinbei

JynX pls

And Jinbei is a little head of black hair completely covered by a white cloth otherwise. When asked why, they say "Well, I've hidden my face for so long. Can't let you see my good looks can I?  :derp:"

In all seriousness I want Yao/Suku/Tenkai. All of my favorite characters in Len'en rolled into one delicious, nutirious package. Made of clay, borders and clouds.

I sorta wanna have a Kuroji/Aoi/Hooaka team, just cuz sisters! X3 But yeah Yao/Suku/Tenkei would be amazing! And honestly, if we've had these sorts of alternate battle scenarios like in RMI stage 4, wouldn't make sense that we'd be able to play as some of the bosses? Perhaps one team battle on the Pagoda route and one on the Haze route cuz why the hell not~? It makes sense it my head at least XD I honestly would love to play as Saragimaru again, I dunno what it is but yeah. I think a thing we've neglected sorta were the upgrades and stuff, with all these new and recurring characters, how crazy do you all think a filled team would be once everything is unlocked?

And then the idea popped into my head of, even though I know it won't happen, "Make your OWN team!" just again, why not? XD

Nolegs the Cat

"Make your OWN team!"

Tsurubami/Tsurubami/Tsurubami.

If ONE Tsurubami is TUH STRONGEST, how could anyone hope to fare against THREE?

Jokes aside...

As for Kuroji, I could image xir with Saragimaru and Hooaka, with Kuroji and Saragimaru engaging in constant snark battles and Hooaka grumbling about being ignored.
It'd be funny.

Pruns

• Dearest wish, hide this stupid nickname set below
"Make your OWN team!"

Tenkai / Sese / Tsurubami  <3

I don't care if it won't happens
It's my dream team ~

It's also a good thing that Hibaru is a playable character
« Last Edit: December 22, 2015, 07:10:32 PM by Pruns »